DEATH NOTE wasnt that bad

You will enjoy things more if you set your expectations for it Very Low

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aPulAk0nuT4
youtube.com/watch?v=nDtiAs9iJ1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where can I watch it for free?

>implying 3dpd trash can be good.

It's a nice parody by Netflix but I do not approve of the racist jokes.

>One name full name Watari
>Using a REAL NAME for the Kira Case.

Also
>L is a Men in Black gun

>"j-jus turn ur brain off an itll be okay lol"
>"just set the bar low and it'll be fine"
Fuck off. everybody knew it would suck ass, and it turned out even worse than we thought. setting the bar low doesn't make it any worse. There are actual B-movies with more quality and effort put into them than this trash. They didn't even try to fully americanize it, since they had to keep the name Kira, which was only chosen in the original because it sounded like the english word "killer". And what the hell was with making him so edgy and retarded? The whole point was that he was the smart kid, so he knew how to avoid getting caught. But instead they make him some bullied edgelord who openly talks about murdering people like a psycho. You can set the bar as low as you want for this trash, but you're fucking delusional if you think that it's gonna make it any better

>that gun
why the fuck did this turn into Gantz?

It make a great sequel with ryuk knowing everything from light.

this should have been a sequel to the anime and let the original light be the shinigami

>L telling a random guy that happens onto the scene that the guy he's pointing a gun at is Kira
>guy instantly accepts this and knocks out L and accepts Light as his god

This seemed really implausible to me.

This Light was fucking smarter than his Japanese version. He actually risked dying to get any suspicion removed from himself by thinking someone else was Kira vs "Oh, let me sit in a jail cell and have Ryuk remove the notebook so that I can be innocent again."

As if anyone had high expectations for it retard.

My expectations are very low, which is why I'm not going to watch it.

Cancer isn't so bad if you were gonna burn yourself alive.

multiple points in the movie revealed just how dedicated the people were to him.

Thats not how that works, dead in death note universe is oblivion. As in Light no longer exists.

>nextflix shill bots on Sup Forums

lol

And I'm sure there's many devout Christians in the world but if someone randomly calls me Jesus while I'm getting assaulted I doubt many will eagerly step forward in my name.

Yeah but how does that guy know Light was Kira? Is he just going to believe what L says?

Light was speculated to be one of the new shinigami in one of the extra chapters.

Except for the part where the guy just leaves the Death Note in plain sight on his comatose body for all to see. Not to mention his dad knows he's Kira because he was sloppy and left his dad's case files in his room. This Light was pretty fucking dumb in all regard.

The whole franchise is garbage.
So this only is more of the same.

If you view this as a Drive sequel, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

What's with that stupid gun?
Why did L show his face to Light?
Why was there such a long drawn out chase scene?
Why did it take L, the super genius, to figure out what Light wanted with Watari?
Why was "Watari" his real name?
Why does Netflix keep making stupid movies like this and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel?
Why is this on Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums?

Lower than the bar I set for anime? I don't think there's a lower setting.

So White Yagami wins and N loses?

Expecting some dish to taste like shit won't make it taste better, it will still taste like shit

Jesus hasn't helped anyone in 2000 years.

>japs in the source material, whites in a live action
>whites in the source material, japs in a live action

You know that a movie is pretty bad when the only thing people say to defend it is "it's not THAT bad"

What in fuck was up with this scene? I don't remember any spoopy orphanage in the source material

I can't wait to see how the live-action Hollywood take of Sword Art Online does if Death Note can make it this far (off)

i think hollywood live action sao would be actually good

Nah. It's not even bad enough to be good for "so bad it's good" type of viewing. Just don't watch it at all if possible.

I want more hollywood live action anime
I just want to see how they all turn out, even if they're awful
Netflix Note was shit but Ryuk was great and it actually looked nice when they tried to do the Blade Runner lighting/atmosphere in some parts

Take your liveaction garbage and fuck off.

is the anime worth checking?

Anime related

that gun looked like a toy, jesus.

>Hollywood take on Sword Art Online
It's not like they can make it much worse.

>You will enjoy things more if you set your expectations for it Very Low
Well no, that's retarded. An adaptation should seek to be at the same level or better than the work it's based off of and while I do think DN went to shit in the last third, the first part that I liked was pretty good so I'm holding it to that standard.

This did not meet that standard. By any means.

>What's with that stupid gun?
it's a gun, it shoots bullet
>Why did L show his face to Light?
because Light can't do shit without a name.
>Why was there such a long drawn out chase scene?
because Light had to get to the ferris wheel or else his keikaku would have failed and he would die.
>Why did it take L, the super genius, to figure out what Light wanted with Watari?
because L didn't know Light was after his name, L thought Light was just fucking with him by using Watari.
>Why was "Watari" his real name?
because Light needed a name and a face and watari IS a real name. Light got Watari's name from his father and the face from the news. done and done.
>Why does Netflix keep making stupid movies like this and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel?
this movie ain't stupid.
>Why is this on Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums?
because it's an adaptation of animuh media like the other death note movies, duh.

>not going in with zero expectations
holy crap, learn to watch movies. you'll form your own opinion that way, you sheep.

>compiles a list of hundreds of thousands of secret criminal organizations that the general public wouldn't know about
>puts one each on every city's police department system as bait for the off chance that Kira has access
>Light just so happens to have a father in the police
>Light just so happens to use his fathers access to get police information [not shown and no reason given for doing this]
GOT EM (sacrificed people to kira who weren't even on death row)
>gets on tv antagonizing Kira
>nothing happens
HE MUST NEED A NAME AND FACE TO KILL
>puts Light's dad on tv antagonizing Kira
>nothing happens
LIGHT IS KIRA

it can only be better

>3D anime adaptation
>not already going in with no expectations

>Surname in reverse is I AM GAY

Holy fuck I never noticed this

it's im a gay you dingus

Is there a torrent rip anywhere?

It wasn't good. It was not a 1/10 kind of bad, but I'd say 5 or 6/10.
Except for the concept and the character names it did not have any real similarities with the anime/manga. They should've just went with different names altogether, but then they probably wouldn't have got as much attention from fans.

Don't watch it. It's not even a good movie if you ignore any correlation to the anime/manga.

I thought that Rando was just a trap Light laid out for L. He couldn't have just stumbled upon them at that specific point in time for no reason, right?

Anyways, I enjoyed the movie for what it was worth. The dearth scenes reminded me of Danganronpa executions.

Also, L is real, 2401.

Why should I set my expectations low?m Why not expect better?

True, he could stop my birth but he allowed it and now I must kill myself. Even if he exists, why would I like such a god.

Because then you'll always be disappointed, no matter what you watch or how good it actually was.

That is not how it works at all. It looks terrible from the trailers, so how should see it?

youtube.com/watch?v=aPulAk0nuT4

>it's a gun, it shoots bullet
It looks like a fucking plastic toy gun
>because Light can't do shit without a name
Can't do shit like manipulate Watari because name is important that Watari has to go around with his "real" no last name. Bet you didn't see this coming super intelligent nigger L
>because Light had to get to the ferris wheel or else his keikaku would have failed and he would die.
What if he caught by the cops or get shoot in the knee by L
>because L didn't know Light was after his name, L thought Light was just fucking with him by using Watari.
Still doesn't explain why a super genius nigger L didn't think about that possibility
>because Light needed a name and a face and watari IS a real name. Light got Watari's name from his father and the face from the news. done and done
Still doesn't explain why he doesn't have a last name
>this movie ain't stupid.
It ain't stupid it's just bad writing and terrible actors

guys just turn your brain off, you'll like this

It's literally final destination 15. They dialed down the tradecraft to zero.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?

LITERALLY WHAT
THE
FUCK
IS
THIS
SHIT

someone explain the ending for me

>To be continue
See you in Part 2

>Going in expecting shittiest anime adaptation of all time
>Ends up being second shittiest
>Was pretty good

L is accused of chasing and attacking the wrong man the whole time and is sent back home.
L had a brain blast and heard Light mention "death can be handed out from a calculus book". He checks if Light took Calculus. He found out Mia was actually the one who took Calculus.
He breaks into Mia's room and find the page with all the FBI agents' names on it.
In rage, he wants to write Light's name on it, but now in somewhat unsure because he thinks Mia is the real Kira.
OR, he decided not to kill Light, since L deduced that the ability is transferrable, and Light mentions that even if he is gone, someone else will take his place. All L needs to actually do is just to keep an eye on Light 24/7 forever. This way, in a possible sequel we can see the "potato chip" scene.
it just feels to me that Light intentionally mentions the calculus book for L for him to discover clues, given the whole keikaku doori shit he pulled at the last 3 minutes of the show, but he also admitted his crimes to his father, so I don't know where this can go

What the fuck is that gun ? He is from the MIB

which part said it gonna have part II ?

Light actually shows up in death parade stuck in limbo linking the two and throwing out the "death is just oblivion" theory and making it very unlikely he became a death god.

After this shit Sup Forums has forever lost any rights to criticize anime.

All you need is kill was pretty based

>Kira means light in Celtic
kek no it doesn't

You could make a pretty cool film about the Aincrad arc. Tone down the tryhard teen power fantasy parts and emphasize the exploration of a virtual world with pretty art direction. Go for that Alice in Wonderland-style sense of wonder before the great unknown, and put effort into the fighting coreography. With Edge of Tomorrow-tier budget, and good actors, it'd be a guaranteed smash hit.

are you just describing "total recall" ?

This is a predictable scene, but probably would have happened in the manga/anime if anybody got the chance. The public was not portrayed in a great light in the original. A bunch of sheep and sycophants for MUH KIRA. Sakura TV a shit

Why just don't watch it if you have low expectations? Way easier.

>"It's fine if you lower your expectations"
>="I genuinely thought it was good and try to hide my abysmal taste behind catchphrases"

how the fuck is death parade any point of reference?
they made a character that looks like light as a sort of "easter egg" but thats it

youtube.com/watch?v=nDtiAs9iJ1I

hahaha why is this board full of people talking about this shit, let alone defending it. why is Sup Forums allowed to exist when it's so bad.

Why did the nigga beat the other nigga with a nigga stick?

>because L didn't know Light was after his name
This is fucking retarded and impossible. Nigger L speculated that Kira needed a face and a name to kill and knowing this he doesn't expect Light to somehow try to find out his name through Watari who's the only connection to L?

>Hollywood take on Fairy Tail

THIS. Frustrates me so much AHHHHHHHHHH

>japs cast japs in their films
>whites cast whites in theirs

whoa who woulda thought

The ting is this is not an adaptation is a work based on Death Note

I don't really agree with that, death being the end is what even the shinigami seem to believe in death note.
Kinda what said, death parade is about as related to death note as any anime made by madhouse is. It happens to have kira as an easter egg.

>IM A GAY
fucking genius user

I enjoyed it

Then explain L, nigga.

What racist jokes

at first I was wondering how they could dare make light a "fucking white male" but after I saw L, indisputable force of good was a nigger it made sense.

Nope, it was shit and more insulting than dragon ball evolution.

>Light
>Giving a single fuck about Misa
Wow they changed a lot in this adaptation.
Did you forget that Mikami existed in the original series? Or the Kira cult?