Did not know the best antagonist was wirtten over 30 years ago...

Did not know the best antagonist was wirtten over 30 years ago. Thanks to the kind user that rec'd me Fist of the north star, it was a nice ride.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBRkpUvWc2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=R_YMKrh7jYs
youtube.com/watch?v=jTg9-r60Njg
hokutonogun.com/?page_id=5#Souten2
nyaa.si/view/904978
youtube.com/watch?v=h1Z1o-_DHJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, he was so good that the author himself copied him onto another villain in the next arc. So... yeah.

>the author
>not every single mangaka ever
I swear every time the villain is more than "haha evil lmao" he manifests Raoh. It is obvious now.

>when your villain is so good you just make a carbon copy of it and call it the final villain

>when your villain is so good he gets a real life funeral

>when your villain is so good he appears in more anime thatn the protagonist
>when your villain is so good he has his own prequel anime

What makes him good? It is worth it to read the manga for him?

>It is worth it to read the manga
Yes
>for him
All the more reason to read a classic.

Yes.
He spit in the face of fate.
And like him or not, his heart was in the right place. He wanted to unify the wastelands through sheer might. For a Kenshiro to appear, there needed to be a Raoh.

It's worth it to read the manga period.

You sound new to anime and Sup Forums. Are you?

My body is ready

Nah
I have an extremely juvenile way of writing is all.
I had HnK in my backlog for years, and just wanted to make the mandatory "Raoh is cool" thread that I have seen every time someone finishes this show.

I just can't stop listening to the OST.

>Of this life I have not a single regret
The ultimate man, people.

I would go to his funeral. And would probably cry like a little bitch, too.

That made my morning.

WAGA SHOUGAI NI IPPEN NO KUI NASHI

youtube.com/watch?v=R_YMKrh7jYs

Niggas, let's hear this masterpiece again.

youtube.com/watch?v=jTg9-r60Njg

Reminder that Souten no Ken is also getting a second manga run starting serialization in December this year.
It's called Souten no Ken RE:GENESIS and will span from SnK's ending DIRECTLY to the start of Hokuto no Ken.

Is fist of the blue sky even worth it?

Whoa what the fuck is this?

It's worse than HnK1 but better than HnK2 in my opinion.
You can get the entire manga with 10/10 scans and translation here:
hokutonogun.com/?page_id=5#Souten2

Well, there's not many things better than HnK 1. I will read it, thank you based user.

New game made by the Yakuza developers.

No worries and enjoy.

Is the anime any good? The torrent I downloaded had every anime related to the series, incuding legend of the dark king.

The SnK anime is dogshit. HnK anime is 10/10.

Ok, I will read the manga and erase the anime.

Another question before I leave, is Legend of the dark king anime/manga good?
I will check these either way, just wanna know what am I in for.

Reasons why SnK anime is awful:
No budget
Inaccurate to the manga
Awful anime-only ending since it was cut short due to bad reception
Looks literally like shit drawn borderline in MS Paint and some episodes are so horrendously looking that they weren't even aired on TV and are only on the DVD due to how awful they look simply due to not passing TV's bare minimum QA
It's just terrible.

The first episodes of Hokuto no ken were shit too, but at least they were hilarious.

Hell yeah it's good, unfortunately the manga isn't translated and the anime cut a few lesser things out due to limited runtime and budget but it's great otherwise. It's fully translated too.
Here's my own torrent for it if you want:
nyaa.si/view/904978
It's about Raoh and it's basically both a prequel and running in parallel to events of first half of HnK1 leading all the way up to Raoh's assualt on Mamiya's village.

They were only shit due to literally being the only ones with filler, after Shin there's no filler other than recap episodes every now and then.

Thanks, I already have it festering in my hard drive.
The Shin arc filler almost made me drop the show but then the Tank happened. And the coup which was a smart addition at the right time.

Shin has some great filler imo next to the bad filler.
The entire section with the WW2 arsenal being bust out including Nazi railway cannon before Ken reaches Shin, the tank, the coup of Shin's generals. They were all great.

Yes, those went from fine to amazing, but we had to endure 15 episodes of mooks rushing Kenshiro pointlessly.

That's at it's worse during the final arc before the fight with Raoh. At least the Shin filler could be entertaining, like the Necromancer with the afro wig.

>15 episodes
Nah, Shin arc was 21 episodes long from what I remember.
First 6 of which were pure canon, non-filler material.
Furthermore God Land's Army and Devil Rebirth were also canon material, just shifted from post-Shin to pre-Shin which in my eyes was a great thing to do, since in the manga Kenshiro goes from brooding over Yuria's death to suddenly being back in full badass mode wrecking God Land and Devil Rebirth and then being depressed right after that when he runs into Mamiya's village.
Anime did it better where he goes from his post-Shin/Yuria's death depression right into his depressed state as start of Mamiya's village arc and recovering there.
Anime did A LOT of things right, it had amazing direction.

>Rei actually has black hair

God damn. Also what's the deal with the voice actor? I thought the guy who voiced Kamina was basically locked in for it, he did a fucking great job.

It's a crossover, so the Yakuza VA are doing the voices for this game.

Read the fucking thread, Yakuza voice actors.

>Anime did A LOT of things right, it had amazing direction.
And amazing OST and voices.
youtube.com/watch?v=h1Z1o-_DHJE

Agreed, like I said, it did a lot of things right. That's why anime will always be the thing I tell people to watch first, since the only thing manga has over it is artwork.

I cried there, not even shameful.

Nowhere in this thread does it say anything about the voice actors up until one guy responded to the actual question you fucking spastic.

Don't do so. I watched it while reading the manga at the same time, and while I understand that adapting the manga was the problem. stay for the music and voice acting.

We're talking about Souten no Ken, not Hokuto you fucking inbred shitstain.

I thought that the Washizu arc was 20 years long, not 30.

His quest to conquer the wastelands and get the MC's waifu, also his muscles. Bam. Instant best antagonist ever.

I have all the manga and still read them again time to time, it's a timeless masterpiece.

>new game announced today

better hero then kenshiro

It's not really a masterpiece though, it should have ended after Raoh but it kept going. Basically no one gives a fuck about what happens after, it's like it doesn't even exist.

>>We're talking about Souten no Ken

Hold on, I was replying to whosoever wrote , who wrote and . If he or she wasn't referring to Souten no Ken, I apologize for that.

I liked Falco.

>He spit in the face of fate.
This is one of my favourite things about Raoh. Hokuto no Ken makes a big deal about fate being absolute, which is why Toki and Raoh, despite their incredible skill, were never truly going to be successors to Hokuto Shinken. In a universe where everyone accepted their pitiful destiny Raoh fought to the end, because he is outrageously based.