D.Gray-man

I heard that this show's biggest problem are the weak characters (as in uninterest & poorly written).

Is this true? I've been thinking of giving it a shot but if the characters are bad...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YeQS_1Towac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's got a cool concept and maybe so of the best character designs in shounen. The characters are alright, and the series doesn't pick up until around episode 50, but I enjoyed it from then on.

Nah the plot/characters are great but if you don't like plot twists don't read it.

the anime is a good adaptation?

It good just stay away from the last season.

>I heard that this show's biggest problem is the weak health of the author
fix'd

It has nice concept, plot twists are everywhere though, the characters are bland at the begining but have good characterization (beside Lenalee). So, I guess the only problem was the author's extremely poor health

Also, past!Allen is responsible at everything wrong

i gave up on the manga around the time the akuma-exorcist hybrids were introduced.

but i actually enjoyed the new season.

How was the 2016 anime? I never ended up watching it.

It should have ended either with the Ark or HQ invasion arcs.

Everything after that is pure garbage except for Apocryphos

Yeah, it's got some filler episodes, but they're usually good because they explain what the off-screen characters in the manga are doing

the best thing about this concept was how the akuma were powered by human souls and only destroying them with innocence could save them.

then noah fuckery took center stage and the most interesting concept was pretty much forgotten.

No, the characters are fine. The story just ended up being too much longer than it should have been and got tiresome.

Post Lenalee

The adapted episodes are good but they stuffed a lot of bland as shit filler between a couple of arcs.

Reminder that Past!Allen is the true mastermind behind everything, he can't keep getting away with it!

Don't worry, if that's the part you found stupid and made you drop it the hybrids all died and were proven to have massive flaws against the Earl.

Miranda is better.

Three of them survived though?

Allen Walker has to be my favorite protagonist in Shonen Jump. He was great when he lost his innocense and reawakened his new innocense once he came to the term that he wanted to save both humanking and save the Akuma from the enslaved evil of the Millenium Earl

It only truly started to go bad once they started mass producing level 4 Akumas and the power level spike reaching unbelievable proportions so fast. Also things were getting convoluted during the Alma arc, but was still good nonetheless.

I have mixed feelings about it, the change in art style and character design after the infiltrate the Millenium Earl Fortress arc (the worst most cliche arc that marked D. Gray Man into your average shonen manga model) left a bad taste in my mouth, but as a fan I still stick with it. I don't like it though, the old art style was so much better.

This series has some of my favorite shonen character designs. I'm sad this series is stuck as deep in Hell as it is. It doesn't deserve it.

> infiltrate the Millenium Earl Fortress arc
The Ark Arc?

youtube.com/watch?v=YeQS_1Towac

>your innoncence when this started playing

The OST was pretty good

yeah, it was right after the first level three fight where almost everyone died minus a few sailors after Miranda's innocense deativated.
It was a great bittersweet ending.
My main issue with that arc was when not only were the exorcists weakened from their last level 3 Akuma fight, but they had regular humans tag along with them. I don't remember if it was Levi or Allen, but someone said "we should try an ambush attack in the enemy stronghold even though we are at a huge disadvantage" It was at an akuma manufacturing plant, and it really rubbed me off in the worst possible way, because up until that point I was so much of a fanboy I thought it was the perfect shonen.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it. I just wish Hoshino didn't get into that accident and that her manga ran in weekly shonen Jump. And then there was that whole copyright controversy. She's still talented, her style remind's me of Okubo's from Soul Eater
Specially with her early stuff like in Continue. Now the new D Gray Man volume covers look overly flamboyant and way too much bishounen-like.

XiaoXi was a mistake.

Good taste, user. Allen is truly the best protagonist.

Anyone have the Past!Allen did everything wrong copypasta?

Every DGM thread reminder that Past!Allen is responsible for:

[x] Allen's suffering train

[x] The previous Earl's disappearance

[x] Mana became the Earl

[x] Mana went batshit insane

[x] Kanda and Alma's love turned from pure to gay

[x] Lavi became a wormslut

[x] Lenalee's hair got destroyed

[x] Timcanpy's death

[x] Bookman's promised death

[x] Apocryphos raping everyone

[x] Hallow's episode 8 budget

[x] This manga releases on quarterly schedule

[x] Hallow's BD release getting cancelled

How does he keep getting away with it?

Thanks, user.

By being confirmed to be actual Allen in the most recent info book

Wait, really? Do you have a source on this? I can believe it easily, I'm just curious to see it myself.

Can you guys do me a summary on the Allen/Mana/Nea/Earl clusterfuck? It got very confusing and reading this shit every six months doesn't help

Sure thing, user. Not sure if I'm completely correct myself, but this seems to be the general consensus.

The Earl was one being that looked like what Mana used to a long time ago. He met Katerina one date while out and seemingly fell in love with her. For whatever reason, he ended up disappearing one day and two babies were left in his place. The two babies were Mana and Neah, who were the Earl split into two.

Katerina raised the two of them for a while, with Mana being the sickly one of the two. Somewhere along the line, Neah and Mana met and befriended Past!Allen who was either a Bookman apprentice or some sort of scientists. Timcanpy was there as well, though the part with them is still more of a mystery.

Supposedly the Earl part within Mana awoke first and he lost it. Either Mana has split personality and killed Katerina or the Earl suit can move on it's own and killed her, and then when Neah tried to stop Mana, Mana ended up "devouring him". This was explained as Mana dissolving his DNA "the helix of life" and absorbing him. As he was dying, Past!Allen came up and offered himself as a way for Neah to come back by implanting his memories in him.

From there, it's a mystery how Past!Allen became current Allen and what the deal is with Timcanpy and Cross. There's a lot of blanks we don't know yet.

Forgot to mention, we don't know how exactly Mana met Red (Allen) later or how he could have become an akuma while still being the Earl.

Mana went crazy after killing Neah and seemed to have split into the Earl and Mana in one body. The Earl part took over, "banishing" the Mana part and destroying his own face.

Mana still seems to be around, given him meeting Allen and his initial interactions and yearning to be with Neah, but repressed somehow. He made himself forget he killed Neah and the Earl part of him hates Mana.

Road said Neah has been fighting for Mana all along, so it's speculated that Neah just wants to kill the Earl part of him and bring the original Mana back.

I think that's everything, really.

I want to plow lenalee from behind

>I heard that this show's biggest problem are the weak characters
No, it's biggest problem is that the plot in convulated but chapters only come out once every 3 months, so you basically have to reread it every three months if you want to know what is actually happening