Top university apologizes for serving ‘racist’ Black History Month menu

Top university apologizes for serving ‘racist’ Black History Month menu

>A top university apologized for offering a ‘racist’ black history month featuring stereotypical items including watermelon-flavored water, red Kool Aid and collard greens. New York University sophomore Nia Harris called the college out on Facebook after seeing the menu options offered at the Weinstein Passport Dining Hall Tuesday.

>She wrote: ‘This is what it’s like to be a black student at New York University…

>‘In 2018, I literally had to explain why displaying watermelon and koolaid in celebration of Black History Month was not only racially insensitive but just ignorant. ‘I’ve wanted to go to NYU since I was in 7th grade, and it breaks my heart that at this allegedly “diverse” and “global” institution, black students are faced with issues like this one.’

no one on Sup Forums can get into nyu

I’m applying to transfer in March
Wish me luck desu, I have a good GPA and am pretty involved in my community. I also have a full-time job. I hope it works out
>and that if it does they can’t smell the conservative on someone

>I literally had to explain why displaying watermelon and koolaid in celebration of Black History Month was not only racially insensitive but just ignorant.
So in what way? Can someone explain it to me? Cause that's really what black people eat

Stereotypes are bad despite being contingent on the truth in liberal double-think land.

Wow its almost as if african americans dont have a traditional food and identity except that of stealing and looting so nobody really knows what to do at "black history" month and anything you try to do to make them feel more included automatically makes you a racist for assuming they like certain things because they themselves dont make it clear (because they dont even know which tribe in africa they come from and dont even try) except for the obvious criminal activity

Im a literal nigger. No one drinks kool-aid and watermelon is meme from slavery time, no one really eats it.

The only true stereotypes are fried chicken and hennesy.

Also how is teaching english in Nipland user?

angry ape

Samething can be said for the german barbarians who ransacked and gleefully raped rome. Shame on you Hans ; (

lel go commit suicide jap.

ook ook gorilla get mad!

Fried chicken is white man food, you guys just stole it like you do with everything else

Yes i agree with you african americans are literally over a thousand years in development behind germans, at the very least

I needed this laugh. It’s great fun to me that they attempted and failed so hard. And if you wanna get picky it’s axtually targeting SOUTHERN blacks (and southern subculture to a lesser degree). Great any way it is sliced.

Ooga booga where de white women at???

I graduated from Cornell. Your world is very small.

oh dayum
got told by
I have some cream for that burn user

collard greens are eaten by blacks btw.

Last year I saw two black ladies buying tons of collard greens to make for Thanksgiving

Another black lady working at the store said she was gonna come over to their house to get some of those greens

Fucking internalized racists man

Why would I want to be in a college with niggers, in a nigger city? There was only one tame, 2nd generation nigger in our entire class.