Boruto

The Nue arc was pretty neat, but they still need to explain how and why Boruto was connected to Nue's Chakra. The Jougan can see the Chakra as far as we know, but how could Boruto summon it in epiosde 4? What's so special about the Nue that Boruto's Jougan activated because of that?

Other urls found in this thread:

naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hagoromo_Clan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's a mystery

Posting here because my bullshit doesn't deserve a new thread
I'm about 150 episodes through Shippuden. Does this fucking show ever do a better job of cultivating this faggot as a likable character? I can honestly say I like every 3-episode side character more than this OC donut steele bitch.

>3 watermarks

kind of? if you don't like sasuke's edgy jap outlaw cowboy avenger schtick or how he eventually devolves into borderline self-parody, you're never gonna like him through shippuden. but he turns into a cool uncle post-series

>devolves into borderline self-parody
I think I'll look forward to this. More depth in that than what I've been shown through 400+ episodes so far

He becomes a parent so shitty it's funny as hell.

What I want to know is how the fuck did Danzo create the nue? like did he just throw random animal body parts into a cauldron, add a sprinkle of Hashirama's cells and say "Abracadabra!"? What processes were undertaken to create it?

Also why does it have access to space time hax for no particular reason? It just doesn't make sense...

I don't know many cool socially inept deadbeats...

I imagine Nue was genetically engineered from Hashirama cells in the same manner as Obito's right side or Danzo's right arm except more complete and in the shape of an animal. The space time hax is not part of Nue itself, it's a jutsu called Gozu Tennou that Root developed. It's basically a smaller version of Kaguya's space-time jutsu. Nue's ability seems to be draining chakra which Sumire used together with Gozu Tennou in her arc. For now she lost the Gozu Tennou but still has Nue. However, since Sasuke has the Gozu Tennou formula in his hands I imagine Sumire will be getting it back in future arcs.

stick with it, and if watching all of the anime hasn't made you numb and uncaring then i'm sure you'll find something sasuke-related to like. even if you're not big on his character, he's the reason for a bunch of moments that are great for their camp humor value, and his shitshow of a family and their drama

what doesn't have spacetime ninjutsu at this point? it used to be this ultimate weapon that made naruto's dad into an armykiller and fourteen year old cripples into monsters that could slaughter platoons of ANBU, now it's just a taxi service for some loser with no teeth and sasuke's disproprortionately high-cost version of shunshin

i just think he's funny and his powers are cool

>what doesn't have spacetime ninjutsu at this point?

It does make sense why spacetime jutsu is so prevalent now though. A decade or so ago the internet was not widely available to the public and only a few used it or even knew and cared about it but now everyone and their mother uses the internet like its a free public utility. Even in their world I think it's the same, spacetime jutsu used to be something rare and exotic but now everyone knows about it and how to use it so they spam it.

Oh, mods.

Don't ever expect anything genuinely good from Naruto. It's written so badly, the only way to enjoy it is as a complete trainwreck. Actually there is a way to enjoy it as a good story, but you need to be able to see really deeply and perceive author's intentions as opposed to what he managed to write. Kishimoto did put great ideas and themes into it, but had such antithesis to writing talent that he completely fucked them each and every way possible.

I have actively enjoyed all of Naruto so far tbqhwu, it's just every Sasuke storyline drags so hard and makes me completely lose interest because he's such a fucking awful character. He seems like the creator's pet project that is shoved down my throat regardless of how bad of a character he is.

Danzou spent his free time figuring out how to summon mythical chimera beasts in various combinations.

What's funny is that it's the kind of thing I can really imagine that asshole Danzo doing.

>he seems like the creator's pet project
Well, user, he is.

You can blame WSJ for that. Kishimoto didn't want to give him particularly large role in the plot and keep him in balance with other secondary characters, but he was popular and editors pushed Kishimoto to give him more focus.

he's the deuteragonist, borderline the second protagonist. if you divide all the manga chapters, it's something like a 50/50 split between chapters focused on naruto and chapters focused on sasuke, discounting small allowance for side character arcs

>A baku is a mythological Japanese creature said to eat dreams and nightmares. A chimera with an elephant's trunk, a rhinoceros' eyes, an ox's tail, and a tiger's paws.

>A nue is a mythological Japanese creature said to have the face of a monkey, the legs of a tiger, the body of a tanuki and the front half of a snake for a tail.

Tiger legs are apparently stylish enough to appear twice now.

So did Danzo do what Madara did to Obito with the Nue? Did he summon a chimera and pimp it out with Hashirama cells? I would really appreciate some kind of creation montage to clear up the situation, as to the average viewer the Nue appears to be just a walking asspull created with 'magic'.

Sasuke gets better after his fight with Kabuto. That's aroung episode 300.

Well, when you are gunning for legs, why not go for tiger legs? If I could choose, I would want a pair of fucking sweet tiger legs, too.

>Pimp My Chimera: Danzo Edition
>Killer Bee is the host
Please, someone make this happen.

It's probably the space-time element of the Nue. The Jougan seems to react to the dimensional chakra rifts it creates, though so far it only does it with the Nue for some unexplained reason. I hope they explain more of this soon, as it seems key to the ayys conflict.

The Jougan seems to react to anything ayylien related it seems. It reacted to Nue's spacetime jutsu which was based off of Kaguya's power but it never reacted to anything else. I expect it will react to Kinshiki and Momoshiki when the anime covers the movie arc. I don't think Jougan was a thing back during the movie but now it's written into canon so it should appear when those two ayyliens attack Konoha.

Nue uses kaguya's spacetime jutsu. ayys will make it react too probably. Nue was just filler though to foreshadow when the canon jougan activation happens. nue arc is essentially th Power arc as an opening.

I just can't take Nue seriously as a menace, everyone knows that in these animes, the supremely powerful beast always ends jobbing and the true villain is somewhat humanoid in the least.

The ayys will kill/seal/absorb him.

>Nue was just filler though to foreshadow when the canon jougan activation happens
If Nue was filler, they would have gotten a rid of either it or Sumire, but they didn't. Also, as long as it isn't confirmed, the space-time element is related to Nue, no to the Gozu Tennou, because Toneri mentioned only the Nue when it talked about the gate and the Jougan, not the technique itself.

nue's spacetime jutsu isn't that digital pitch black shit though, i don't think it's her teleport power

*not

I think it's more based on her power than actually being her power. A sort of close analogy would be an Apple smartphone vs a Samsung smartphone. They're not exactly the same thing but both work on similar principles and essentially perform the same functions. I think Root basically plagiarised Kaguya's teleport power to make Gozu Tennou. So it's still related to the ayyliens hence why Jougan reacted to it.

>not the technique itself.
"the gate that nue opened" (gozu tennou) is the subject of that sentence not the nue itself. it was the problem and it's gone. hence, nue is irrelevant now. Yugao had a bunch of filler and she only appeared once in the manga. sumire doesn't even have that luxury. She'll fall off the face of the earth until she's needed for a filler arc or something. She won't even be in the next opening probably.

Really? You can't not take it seriously because it's just a big dumb puppy dog that's not meant to be taken seriously?

kurama is still sort of relevant in that he gets his wins against hamura golem and ninja turtle but usually something bad happens right after and they don't matter

but by that logic might as well discount guy's night guy vs madara

When did Toneri mention the Gozu Tennou at all? Stop making up shit just because you don't want Sumire to be relevant.

She might be needed so Bort can access the Nue's dimension if he ever needs to again but that's about it. Anyway, I feel like the Jougan is kinda like an interdimensional skeleton key. It can open a portal to any dimension so long as it has something to connect to that dimension. Pretty much making it the ultimate spacetime eyehax.

This. The Nue is Sumire's oversized pet, like Akamaru, but bigger.

>Stop making up shit just because you don't want Sumire to be relevant
And you stop making shit up just because you want Sumire to be relevant

I am quoting what Toneri said, in canon, as a fact. Your shit about it being the Gozu Tennou's effect is only your speculation and wasn't stated anywhere as a fact.

Gozu Tennou may be gone for now but the formula required to remake it is on a scroll that Sasuke is now carrying around. The moment it becomes necessary for the war against the ayyliens they can just use that formula to give Sumire her tattoo back. It's not like the knowledge of Gozu Tennou is gone forever. The scroll contains all the info they need to recreate the gate. Also, Nue is still a powerful summon on its own with its chakra drain ability.

it's gonna have to do a whole lot more than open a hole to the furry dimension before it's a better spacetime technique than amenotejikara and kamui.
>skeleton key to any dimension ever
man you're assuming a lot

So here's something interesting I found. The hand seals Boruto and Kawaki share resemble the crest of the Hagoromo Clan. Yes, there was a Hagoromo Clan. They were allies to the Uchiha in the Warring States period. But this is less about the clan and more about what the name Hagoromo represents.
>naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hagoromo_Clan

The name Hagoromo translates to "angel's raiment" in Japanese, and refers to their wings/feathers/plumage. So the theory that Boruto and Kawaki quite literally have Angel Arms might hit closer to home than you realize.

>man you're assuming a lot
Am I? To get in Boruto's eye resonated with the Gozu Tennou. To get out Boruto needed to see his friends calling for him from the other side of a dimensional gate.

literally the first thing he says is in reference to it. "the gate that nue opened has been sealed.". That's the Gozu Tennou buddy. I don't have to make shit up for sumire to be irrelevant. comes with the turf. She just won't be relevant.

nah, he was just there to give us a taste of the eye. like ninetails chakra form in in the Power arc. Sumire herself is completly irrelevant in that regard. Maybe she'll be used for more filler down the line but so far her time is up.

bit of a stretch though. when it takes effort to make a character relevant that character isn't relevant.

That's still more relevance than all the other next gen kids except Team Konohamaru, so she'll probably be similiar to Hinata with maybe one or two more arcs of focus.

>literally the first thing he says is in reference to it. "the gate that nue opened has been sealed.". That's the Gozu Tennou buddy. I don't have to make shit up for sumire to be irrelevant. comes with the turf. She just won't be relevant.
How do you know that the gate IS the Gozu Tennou? Doesn't that imply that the Gozu Tennou is a property of the Nue? Because when it says that 'Nue' opened, it means that Nue was the key trigger for it. Unless they directly state otherwise in the show, you are just making up shit man.

Not really, considering the other kids are canon. Considering Sumire has no ties to any canon characters she's less relevant than Denki and Iwabe who at least have a chance of appearing next to Metal in the manga. Sumire has no reason to show up anywhere.

it's also the name of that one old guy that's naruto and sasuke's secret dad and he wasn't particularly angelic

it's also a dead ringer for the pattern on naruto's stomach during the bort movie, i wouldn't read too deep of a meaning into it beyond 'it's got something to do with aliens'

and you're stretching it to its ultimate utmost extreme based on that one thing it did. that's like if i saw the first time sasuke used heavenly hand power to teleport, didn't bother to wait to read his explanation of its limitations, then just assumed he could port himself to mars if he wanted to

>before it's a better spacetime technique than amenotejikara and kamui.
The difference here is that it needs the right "frequency" before accessing another dimension. Dimensional travel in Naruto isn't so much an issue of access but of distance. Obito could sync up to Kaguya's dimensions with enough chakra, and Sasuke can do it better than he can. Boruto will just be able to do it better than anyone else. And after tapping into a dimension's "frequency" he'll probably be able to remember how to access it again freely.

Yes, the gate is the fucking Gozu Tennou. This is explained clearly when Kakashi literally fucking says that the Gozu Tennou is the gate through which to summon Nue. So sure, Nue "opened" it, but the gate itself is the seal. That's why it came out of Sumire's fucking back.

I bet you Orochimaru was involved somehow.

And, like is the fucking norm, he got away with it.

>that's like if i saw the first time sasuke used heavenly hand power to teleport
You mean like how he clearly swapped places with his sword and from that single instance you could glean pretty much everything he can do? And besides, that's not even the power he uses to access other dimensions. He can Amenowhateverthefuck without the extra tomoe on his Rinne-Sharingan, but needs them to open legit portals to other dimensions.

It took 34 chapters to introduce Hinata, Kiba etc. and Metal barely even appeared. And I doubt Metal's team to consist of those two no-name character and him instead of introducing Iwabe&Denki and in that case they would also introduce Sumire just for the popularity alone. If she won't appear, then they would've written her out and let Nue die.

The crest of the Hagoromo Clan looks like Hagoromo himself.

Incidentally, the Senju crest is a nod to the Ten Tails.

i assume he can look at something and swap places with it, surely he can look at the sun and enter the vast reaches of space while simultaneously bringing holocaust to the earth

Well I don't have a fucking clue if Sumire will be a recurrent character or be put on a bus, but I am cheering for the former. I need more hawawas in this show.

>surely he can look at the sun and enter the vast reaches of space while simultaneously bringing holocaust to the earth
That's stupid and nobody thought that. Also it'd obviously have to be within line of sight. You can "see" the sun but it's not actually the sun, just the light reflecting off of the sun which takes 8 minutes to reach earth and your eyes.

My theory is much more plausible than that.

Shut the fuck up user, don't go putting ideas on his fucked up head.

other stuff that looks vaguely like hagoromo symbol

congratulations, much more plausible than completely retarded is still really goddamn retarded

Yeah, the Gozu Tennou has some kind of mechanism to summon Nue to that world, but it was never stated to be "the gate". It wouldn't make sense to say that it's a gate that Nue opened when the technique wasn't casted by Nue itself. Unless the Gozu Tennou only works like some kind of beacon to the real world and the one that opens the gate is Nue itself, which would make sense because Nue imprinted a seal on Sumire on its own after the dimension collapsed.

>they say multiple times the gozu tennou is what's being used to summon nue
>Mitsuki flat out say nue is irrelevant and it's the gozu tennou that is important
>the only thing sealed was the gozu tennou
>hurr how do you know the gate is the gozu tennou
You're really desperate for this. Sumire's arc was good, but filler is filler. she's a part of the anime continuity so she'll appear in the background and maybe get a filler arc where she fights Danzo's ghost or whatever but that's not worth much.

Iwabe and Denki have a case for being metal lee's team. Sumire isn't tied to a single canon character. I mean for reference just look at the opening where everyone's team members are doing their thing on hokage rock. Sumire's entire team just sorta arbitrarily appears next to chocho and disappears because none of them have much of any purpose outside of this one arc and will probably be left out of the next OP all together. They didn't have to write her out, they just had to make sure her existence wouldn't contradict any canon if they kept her alive. that, they did.

He has a really cute daughter who he's a fucking awful father to.

Stay mad, faggot

>much more plausible than completely retarded is still really goddamn retarded
Says the guy who doesn't even know how the sun works

>but it was never stated to be "the gate"
Yes. Yes it was. And by destroying the Gozu Tennou, Boruto "closed" the Gate that the Nue "opened"

Why is everyone here a fucking idiot except me?

They said that the Gozu Tennou is used to summon Nue, but they never explained how they did it, as I said in another post, the Gozu Tennou could be just some kind of beacon to Nue to find its way to a particular dimension on its own. And Mitsuki didn't know what the Gozu Tennou did, or maybe he tried to use the Gozu Tennou for another purpose, we don't know.

And how do you know that Sumire doesn't have relevance anymore? You are making up shit, because she is the most relevant character of the anime original kids, as she has ties to Boruto, Mitsuki and even to Sarada.

Last thread got deleted. And if you try and have another one after this, it'll also get deleted.

literally everything you see is just light reflected off it and captured by your eyes, therefore amenotejikara should be impossible, am i following you right

And your source is?

Holy shit you're stupid

It's not filler, it's canon. As has been confirmed many times. Also, there's no evidence to say she won't be relevant because that's literally up to the writers.

I watched the goddamn anime instead of jerking off to a purple-haired filler chick.

You could post a damn screenshot or .webm to backup your retarded claims.

>Also, there's no evidence to say she won't be relevant
And there's no evidence to say she will be. So why don't you just fucking wait like everyone else?

just sit down and think real hard about you extrapolating one instance of bort's magic eye doing a thing to stretch its capabilities into infinity and ask yourself "am i not fucking retarded?" i promise you the answer may surprise you

Last several have been archived, what are you saying?

Nigga why are you this full of hate about Sumire? Either she will appear more or she will not, it's in the hands of the writers and we are only conjecturing. Chill the fucking down.

Or you could just go back and rewatch those episodes.

You are the one claiming that she won't be relevant you retard, of course you will get opposition.

Because you're the one insisting that she won't be relevant and you waste time trying to shit on any speculation of her. By default, you're the one who needs to wait.

Yeah, I have them opened, but I don't see evidence of your retatded claims on them.

The point is that I'm extrapolating based on what's been showing. You're throwing a hissyfit because you don't like my conclusion, but haven't put forward anything to actually rebut it. Just created a retarded strawman that proves you don't have a grasp of 5th grade astronomy.

>one instance
Because it's the only one we have, for the time being.

The Hokage's rock also left out Iwabe&Denki. Now they also won't appear or what? Not speaking about that all 12 kids appeared in the second opening, even Namida and Wasabi, who were pretty much irrelevant. And with writing Sumire off I don't mean her dying, but her to change the school, which would be a more effective way for her to not contradict the canon material, but she still didn't. And even the interactions between the anime characters and the original 7 make it hard to believe that they won't interact with them after the academy anymore. Also would mean only two female characters in a main cast of 9, which is also pretty bad. Sumire also expands the main cast with the typical cute girl, something the Nips love in Shonen series.

Nope. Last one got deleted while it was still in the 10 posts range. Unless you shitheads had another one while I was sleeping.

Your conjecture is stupid.

Basically, this thread goes:

>user claim to be clairvoyant and knows that sumire will not be relevant anymore
>other anons rebut saying that she could be relevant still, because she fucking can
>the user that made the prediction full of certainty tell the rest of us to wait and see

Oh. Cool.

The last several have archived. Thread hasn't been pruned since pinkshitfag's rampage several days ago.

>no man, you are a nobody and don't know shit, the writers will use her as they see fit
>y-your conjecture is stupid, how can the writers know more than me?

wewlad

Why don't you check the archives for recently deleted threads?

Oh, I forgot that you have a telepathic buttlink with the fucking writers to know if the character they introduced will or will not be relevant in the future. I am truly sorry, you shit.

Sumirefags killed these threads. It's official. Wanna talk about the seals, or Kara, or Kawaki or anything else? Nope, let's just jerk off over shitty purple-haired filler girl for a hundred straight threads. Seriously, can't you people discuss ANYTHING else?

Reminder that the purden of proof still falls on shitposterfag to prove that Sumire won't be relevant, and there's literally no way to confirm his "point" because it can only be proven in hindsight.

And why don't you check for the several that have archived?

Because that's not what this is about. Although I wish the mods would put their foot down just a little bit more and realize that threads such as this one are repetitive and not in the least bit productive.

Kara? The group that has appeared in one panel?
Kawaki? The guy that has only appeared in one scene?
We literally know nothing about them, and everything we can say about them already has been discussed.

>the Gozu Tennou could be just some kind of beacon to Nue to find its way to a particular dimension on its own
Making shit up. it's literally called a gate. first few minutes of the episode 14 has kakashi literally explain that nue is the average summoning contract only he's from another world and summoned in a special way (the gozu tennou). literally a gate. Do you even watch the show?

> because she is the most relevant character of the anime original kids
No...she isn't. outside of this arc she had literally no presence. like so little presence we didn't even suspect she was the big bad until she started getting focus. Now that this arc is over she's back to having no presence. She is the third most irrelevant character now with first and second going to her teammates.

>The Hokage's rock also left out Iwabe&Denki.
No it didn't, Iwabe and denki come running in after metal, getting their own focus as opposed to team sumire just sorta appearing next to chocho.
>second opening
I'm going to assume you mean the ED. The second ED was a send off to sumire's fantastic arc, Not a hint at things to come. hence, it was full of flashbacks. The rest of your argument seems to be "but muh tropes", while I admire your wishful thinking there's nothing to suggest sumire will have any relevance beyond her arc. Maybe she'll get a line, maybe she'll get an inconsequential filler arc when the anime catches up to the manga if they don't plan on surpassing it. but at the end of the day she's just not relevant.

>So the theory that Boruto and Kawaki quite literally have Angel Arms might hit closer to home than you realize.
We Trigun now!

>and everything we can say about them already has been discussed
Doesn't stop you from Sumirewank.

>newfag still thinks he can come here and tell anons what to discuss just because he's that mad
If she's "filler" like you say, why does she bother you so much? Why do you get so defensive against her? Why not just let the facts speak for themselves, assuming they actually are "factual"? It's time for you to go back.