Back again
Kouen's back
Tell a friend

Other urls found in this thread:

sayakakat2012.tumblr.com/post/164639116868/magi-363-spoilers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

will this series ever end?

No

Man, how long has it been since I've read a magi chapter? The last thing I remember happening is Sinbad and Ugo lost the argument to Alibaba and it looked like they were all going to work together until David reappeared.

>Man, how long has it been since I've read a magi chapter?
I know, I think it's been at least a month since the last one was posted here.

I'm still waiting for Morgiana to pop up. I feel like this final arc has been going on forever, and so slowly too.

It's been going for almost 2 years now.

That's still just half as long as Bleach's final arc.

>Ends up with sister
Wew

Dead manga

Shit I have months of chapters to catch back up on. Did Sinbad stop sucking up page counts?

Kinda. He's not doing it quite as much these days.

Done.

>The jobbers brigade is doing something
Yawn~

Thanks OP time to catch up

I wish the scans were regular so I could follow without forgetting.

>It's a "Retard uses buzzwords he saw get thrown around on Sup Forums while not knowing what what they mean" episode
Yawn~

I can't even remember what happened last chapter. Was there a hiatus?

There was a week's break recently.

So what's the reason he's not happy to die?

np

>kouen and hakuei

Great. two of my 3 favorites characters are back.

Time to catch up.

You mean why he's not under Sinbad's spell? Probably because he traded limbs with Hakuryuu way back at the end of the Kou arc.

is still not over?
dropped this after sindbad became evil

He's not anymore.

then who is the villain now?
david again?
can't he just fucking die already

Some people are posting fairly regular scans in places like Kissmanga. Just drop Sensescans, maybe they will catch up after the series is done.

can't you?

How is Kouen using two djinn powers at once. I thought you can only use one at any one time

Is he using them both at the same time? He could have just switched to Astaroth after using Phenex.

>I thought you can only use one at any one time
Nah during the Alibaba vs Hakuryuu fight, Hakuryuu still had control of Zagan's planet even while in Belial.

>Kouen's back
Great, the manga got just a little better. Now, if Sinbad can die and fuck off for good, the story may redeem itself.

fuck yeah

Neat scene, Baba can't delivery such badassness.

It became so uninteresting once the debating ended and David hijacked the palace.

I was predicting Kouen would return a few chapters ago when the Reim general came with the others to stop Alibaba, since I thought that meant Ohtaka wanted to give the less prominent Djinn equips some more time to shine, including Phenex which Kouen had never equipped. Turns out the general didn't get any attention and Kouen isn't even using Phenex. Come on now, it's like the last Djinn equip we haven't seen aside from Nerva's which he hasn't even learned. I wanna see what it looks like.

Eh. I like it better than when it was all about Sinbad, but I was hoping that Ugo would become an antagonist after going coo-coo.

I want to fuck shota David while he laughs at me.

He already has.

Patience, user.

I hope we get a reversal of this scene.

Nope, see the different reactions people surrounding them have, Koun looks like an almighty king, Baba looks like the typical shonen hero.
Nothing wrong with that, but I have really missed king-esque characters like Kouen and depraved Haku, it's that kind of characters and narrative that made this manga special.

Don't get me wrong. I'm also glad that Kouen's back and I like him a lot, he is a badass; but you can't deny that Baba's had his share of badass scenes this arc as well. Especially when he was verbally schooling Sinbad and Arba.

Also, I kind of hated edgy Haku. I can only really tolerate him when he's with Judar.

Why does Ohtaka make shota's so lewd?

>Still no ZA WARUDO

> but you can't deny that Baba's had his share of badass scenes this arc as well.
I was pointing the different kind of different badassness, and how the first type has lacked for way too much time, and same goes for a lot of peculiar qualities this manga had when it was more linked to "fantapolitical" contexts. I wonder if there will ever be another shonen manga like that.
My preferite kind of Baba is the merchant one in the "Sinbad's new world" arc, this Baba and all this current part is too much in the classic shonen manga zone from any point of view, not very interesting especially when the Ushio&Tora-esque idea of the hero Vs the-world-he-is-protecting has been used in a really simple way.
Yeah, seeing Baba making the big guys working together was also pretty cool, but the conversation itself was too fantasy bubble-ish to be very interesting, though.

>see the different reactions people surrounding them have
Pretty sure most of them are Kouen's own household.

>people were predicting this would end very soon back during the sacred palace shenanigans
>some people were guessing Ohtaka was aiming for a full year(365 nights) of chapters
>it's still going
How is this even going to end? Sinbad was plausible final boss for the party of 4 and David taking over for him also would have worked, but now there's a ton of good guys and David is struggling with Sinbad and Ugo. Is Aladdin going to solo David at the end? When is Morgiana going to show up?

They've been talking about the hierarchy of Gods and how there are countless worlds with Gods that are well beyond the level of the one they're in right now.

Aladdin already left to destroy David's true body on the dark continent (it's the same deal as with Arba - as long as he has a host body he can channel his powers).

So finale will probably be:

-djinn equip squad protects citizens from accelerated rukh collection
-Aladdin fights and destroys David's host in the physical world
- Ugo undoes the brainwashing in the Sacred Palace plus rukh collection
- David's astral body in the Sacred Palace is weakened and get rekt, maybe by Sinbad

I predict that Morg will arrive once Ugo has undone the brainwashing.

Also, as said, once they are done they will probably changed the whole rukh/world system. Make sure that the Magi world can't be taken over by gods from other dimensions (like David) and also undo the black/white rukh division, which will most likely mean that everyone will have black rukh now.
This will result in dead people with black rukh finally seeing their loved ones again (like Falan with her husband and kid).

Well, I like how Baba has been portrayed in recent months and I have to disagree about it being similar to the typical Shounen hero. While he does fit the traditional protag mould pretty well, most of them just punch and kick their way to victory. Either that, or they try appealing to the villain's feelings or some gay shit like that.

Baba got the better of Sinbad through logic and reasoning. He didn't scream his head off or cry like a jackass, but instead proposed a legitimate plan and alternative to what Sinbad was doing. That's actually pretty rare in the battle Shounen field.

>Magi
Well, shit, it's still on-going? I fuck-off the moment Sinbad went full retard, is it any better now?

Sinbad fell for a trap set by Alibaba and convinced himself that he was being a retard. Then David hijacked shit yet again and now they're trying to stop angels all over the world from killing people that are celebrating their own impending deaths.

Focus has been on Baba and Aladdin and occasionally Haku and Judar for a while. They left the Sacred Palace because David screwed over Sinbad and now the whole rukh collection thing has started. Sinbad is useless and getting rekt by David, everyone else is trying to clean up the mess and this is where the focus has been for 15+ chapters.

Remember when Magi was a top seller on par with mid-tier shonen jump manga?

I'm just waiting for it to end so I can binge the final arc.

I can't be that much longer now. I think at most we have 16-18 chapters left (which would mean that volume 38 is the last one) or maybe only 6-8 chapters remaining (which would make volume 37 the final one).

Let's be honest, Edgebros was the last good arc in this. Edgy Hakuryuu and Judar finally getting their tagteam together and fucking up shit was entertaining as hell. They should've just built on that arc and introduced David and all this Gods and destiny shenanigans.
Bringing back Judar would've been enough to have Hakuryuu turn on Sinbad and then we could've had Sinbad unleashing his whole return to rukh thing with Alibaba and Aladdin slowly regaining the focus back.

I'm still hoping for another villain to show up after David. Hell, maybe Arba screws him over and she ends up as the FV.

David and Sinbad have been massive disappointments this arc. Arba is pretty much the only one from left Alma Torran who can still live up to the hype.

I doubt that we'll get a Kaguya user. Seems like overkill.

>Let's be honest, Edgebros was the last good arc in this.
Nah, the Babanomics arc was great. Then again, I suppose that can be considered a part of this arc.

>maybe Arba screws him over and ends up FV
>implying
She's gonna have her memory erased and Hakuryuu will adopt her

I don't want it either, but unless David pulls some crazy shit soon, I'm hoping for pretty much anyone else to be the final big bad. Maybe Ill Ilah? It does have its own will, after all, and Arba keeps talking about a voice that talks to her.

I'm an Edgebrofag and I actually wouldn't do it like this. I liked the focus Fish got in the final arc and her becoming empress and becoming more popular (in universe). Plus, it was nice to see Aladdin grown up and the changes in the world.

My main gripes were that less time could have been spent on convoluted philosophy stuff and more on character interaction and development. I liked what we got but it should have been more after the mess the edgebros created. Like, why not devote 2-3 chapters to Haku trying to be a good emperor (and failing) and then his time in Kina with Aladdin and Morg? Or his convo with Fish where he opened up to her and asked her to become empress.

Plus, Hakuei waking up sooner and showing Morg and Judar visiting their homelands rather than just telling the readers about it.

>Hell, maybe Arba screws him over and she ends up as the FV.
No please, no more BUT THE REAL FINAL BOSS IS ME!!!, there are those gods, just find a way to make an original use of them instead of them being just an abstract plot device.
I still think that a decent final boss could Solomon descending again in the magi world as Gods' representative when the gangs finally stop their return to the rhuck plan, but it would still be barely decent at most.

Actually, Arba said that she no longer hears Il-Illah's voice. Hence why she no longer knows what to do and goes along with Sinbad's plans.

Before the Sacred Palace, she followed Sinbad because of his connection to Il-Illah. She more or less expected them to merge which would have made Sinbad Il-Illah's new vessel. But then Il-Illah got rekt by Ugo, Arba became powerless because she lost her host body Hakuei and now she's stuck with Sinbad.

Finale won't be a fight but Aladdin and Co. changing the Sacred Palace to make life safer/fairer in their world. Kekkaishi was published in the same magazine and the final chapters also weren't a fight but the protagonist building a new home for the Karasumori spirit and sealing its influence away from the world forever.

For me, Sinbad would have been ideal as the FV, that always seemed to be the end-game for years, and the build up towards his villain turn was great.

It's just the turn itself that was a let down. I really wish Ohtaka gave Sinbad a better reason for doing what he did than "lol I'm just a greedy asshole and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong".

The likes of David could have been saved for another time.

English summary:
sayakakat2012.tumblr.com/post/164639116868/magi-363-spoilers

I first read Magi back in 2012 and I already got the vibe that Sinbad could turn evil/become an antagonist. Back then I didn't trust my instincts because he was a fan fave and I got cockteased about the hero's mentor going evil only to be disappointed before (see: Bleach).

So yeah, I am glad that Ohtaka delivered instead of chickening out.
The execution could have been better but it beats cocktease without any payoff.

Thanks user.

> I really wish Ohtaka gave Sinbad a better reason for doing what he did than "lol I'm just a greedy asshole and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong".
That wasn't the only reason, he was genuinely concerned about world peace and the destiny gods' are forcing on their worlds, that's why he made those "trials", to see if the gang could come up with some alternative solutions. Then Baba made the big guys work together, they come up with an alternative, and so he choose to follow this second plan.
You also misunderstood the "who disagrees with me is wrong", they were talking about a potential future risk of him fucking up after becoming a god and no one been able of contradict him since he would have an absolute control over anyone and anything, but he isn't going to reject a better solution if you give him that, that's exactly what happened and what he was explicitly asking them.

Sure.

Yeah. Plus, Sinbad went bonkers because he realized that the next generation could fuck up the peaceful world be built and he would be powerless to stop it. He went full control freak to preserve what he built so far.

I think he said the greed thing because he was always a daredevil and risk taker. So despite the hight likelihood of dying, he was looking forward to challenged the odds and try to conquer the Sacred Palace.

>He went full control freak to preserve what he built so far.
You perfectly summed it up.

>I think he said the greed thing because he was always a daredevil and risk taker. So despite the hight likelihood of dying, he was looking forward to challenged the odds and try to conquer the Sacred Palace.
Thats a part of it, but I think it really was also sheer greed of getting more and more power like he did during his whole life.
There were many reasons why he was ready to wipe out every person and start humanity again, and all those reasons help in making him more fleshed out.

I understand that there was a deeper motivation there for Sinbad, but the way Ohtaka went about portraying it ended up making Sinbad look rather petty and small-minded, even if that wasn't the intention. For example, the way he brainwashed everyone into believing that what he wants is what they want. I thought that was a bad move by Ohtaka and still stick to that opinion since it ties into the whole "anyone who disagrees with me is wrong" sentiment. Someone who isn't petty/insecure wouldn't have felt the need to do that. But it also stifled the potential of pretty much every character in the series aside from the main ones, depriving them of any relevance aside from being Sinbad's puppets and obstacles for the heroes.

Man, I'll never get tired of Baba suffering.

It's comforting to see that some things never change.

Also new extra paper

>Women aren't into men who are too great or too handsome

Some of what you said are reasons why I think Arba isn't out of the game just yet. She doesn't hear the voice anymore for now, but how long will that ultimately last? What happens if and when the voice returns? If she can communicate with Ill Ilah, then that must mean that Ill Ilah possesses its own will and thoughts.

I think Arba's current dilemma about being unable to hear the voice is foreshadowing for an event that' has yet to come.

That's true. At the very least, her current situation asks for some resolution since her dilemma has been highlighted in the Sacred Palace chapters. I don't know if that will result in her becoming a surprise final villain, but you make a good point about it possibly being important later.

I think so too, she shouldn't have been able to hear any voice in first place since Allah has no personality, there is something strange there, especially now that an entire bunch of gods have been introduced.

Phoenix magic protected him because she is the only djiin that can be used to restrict and change the nature of one's ruhk

Is that what was said in the chapter?