Ancient ‘dark-skinned’ Briton Cheddar Man find may not be true

>A Briton who lived 10,000 years ago had dark brown skin and blue eyes. At least, that’s what dozens of news stories published this month – including our own – stated as fact. But one of the geneticists who performed the research says the conclusion is less certain, and according to others we are not even close to knowing the skin colour of any ancient human.

newscientist. com/article/2161867-ancient-dark-skinned- briton-cheddar-man-find-may-not-be-true/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Aaron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yea hes too white to be british

>find may not be true

NO

FUCKING

SHIT

Oh, wow, I didn't see this coming at all. At least I can rest assured that they'll put as much effort into publicizing the retraction as they did the original story.

>The skeleton of Cheddar Man was discovered in 1903 in a cave in south-east England where it had lain for 10,000 years.
>Until a few weeks ago, he had always been depicted with pale skin. This makes some sense, given that people living at northern latitudes often have paler skins. The explanation may be that it allows more of the weak northerly sunlight into their skin, so they can make enough vitamin D. And it seems our species reached Europe 30,000 years before Cheddar Man lived, so his ancestors would have had plenty of time to evolve paler skins.
>But the new DNA analysis suggests that Cheddar Man may have had dark skin. Most news stories said his skin was “dark to black”.
>To show this, researchers including Susan Walsh at Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis read Cheddar Man’s DNA. Walsh had helped develop a model that attempts to predict someone’s eye, hair and skin pigmentation solely from their DNA, and the team applied this model to Cheddar Man.
>The most recent version of the model was published in May 2017. It focuses on 36 spots in 16 genes, all linked to skin colour.
>To test it, Walsh and her colleagues took genetic data from over 1400 people, mainly from Europe and the US but also some from Africa and Papua New Guinea. The team used part of the data to “train” their model on how skin colour and the 36 DNA markers are linked. They then used the rest of the data to test how well the model could predict skin colour from DNA alone. The model correctly identified who had “light” skin or “dark-black” skin, with a small margin of error.
>When Walsh and her colleagues applied the model to Cheddar Man, they concluded his skin colour fell between “dark” and “dark to black”.
>The research was first announced by press release, to coincide with the release of a TV documentary. It has now been posted to a preprint server.

>Walsh stresses that the study doesn’t conclusively demonstrate Cheddar Man had dark to black skin. We cannot place such confidence in the DNA analysis, she says. For one thing, Cheddar Man’s DNA has degraded over the last 10,000 years.
>“It’s not a simple statement of ‘this person was dark-skinned’,” says Walsh. “It is his most probable profile, based on current research.”
>In fact, we are not ready to predict the skin colour of prehistoric people just from their genes, says Brenna Henn at Stony Brook University, New York. That’s because the genetics of skin pigmentation turn out to be more complex than thought.
>In November 2017, Henn and her colleagues published a paper exploring the genetics of skin pigmentation in populations indigenous to southern Africa – where skin colour varies more than many people appreciate. Just weeks before, a group led by Sarah Tishkoff at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia had published a paper on the genetics of skin pigmentation in people from eastern and southern Africa.
>“The conclusions were really the same,” says Henn. “Known skin pigmentation genes, discovered primarily in East Asian and European populations, don’t explain the variation in skin pigmentation in African populations. The idea that there are really only about 15 genes underlying skin pigmentation isn’t correct.”
>It now seems likely that many other genes affect skin colour. We don’t know how.
>If we are still learning about the link between genes and skin pigmentation in living populations, we can’t yet predict the skin colour of prehistoric people, says Henn.

>This debate may seem of little practical importance – although the idea that Cheddar Man was dark-skinned generated enormous public interest. However, we need to know the limitations of this sort of genetic technology.
>Police could one day plug DNA from a crime scene into one of these models to determine what a suspect looks like. Walsh’s model might succeed at this in the US, says Henn, because it was trained on DNA from people with similar ancestry to North Americans. But it may well fail elsewhere.
>Henn’s team has tested an older model that aimed to predict skin colour from DNA. When they put it to work among southern African populations, “it literally predicted that people with the darkest skins would have the lightest skin”

The full article.

IMAJINE MUI SCHAK!

Of course it's not true.

They're claiming that the Neolithic Western Hunter Gatherer phenotype had black skin even though Norwegians and Estonian nordics have the highest WHG admixture at around 40%. That's your first bullshit marker. That's right, the whitest of the white also contain the most of the heritage that made these retards conclude Cheddar Man was a shitskin.

The next is the conclusion that the Europid-correlated 'white genes' of SLC45A2 and HERC2
/OCA2 were absent from Cheddar Man's DNA, therefore it was logical to extrapolate he was black. Except all asiatics also lack these genes. Cheddar Man could have been pale as a Eastern Siberian or a Korean. But the reconstructionists went with 'as black as we are unable to conclusively disprove'.

The final tipoff is that the genetic researcher in question was a Jew.

I wish I was a cheese man

>new scientist

good old fake news which the media does OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Release a false story, everyone reads it, then send the correction which no one does.

Sup Forums is always right.

well put.

>The final tipoff is that the genetic researcher in question was a Jew.
Can we get some genetic studies done on these "jews"? I am getting really antsy and tired over these (((people))) claiming that they are the real Jews. I seriously doubt that is the case and I would like to know whose these """jews""" really are, where they come from and where the real Jews are if there are any left in the world.

WE WASNT CHEES N SHIT?

Geeee what gave it away the fact that Brits aren’t niggers?

>weren't
Fixed for you

>Predicted south African blacks had light skin
The sample of black DNA was probably just contaminated from all the white blood on their hands.

WHAT AN EMBARASSMENT

Reparations now.

Sure. Jews are big on genetic research on themselves because of enormous amounts of inbreeding in their puddle-thick gene pool and they keep breeding unique genetic disorders. Also exploiting goyim, but mainly they're big on it because they believe in the research.

One result is that the Ashkenazim Jews as a race are less than a thousand years old that came out of a mixture of Polish and Khazarian/Goturk DNA after some Polish king decided to repopulate his devastated domain with jews in order to rebuild. Khazars are part of the greater Turk family that converted to Judaism - Netanyahu is actually patrilineally related to the Ottoman Turk dynasty.

Another thing Jews are up to do but don't like to talk about is establish Y-chromosomal Aaron. The goal is to establish the Y-chromosome haplotype of Moses via his brother, Aaron.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Aaron

The surnames Cohen and Levi (Kohanim), theoretically, should be patrilineally devolved from Moses' bloodline as Jews had a hereditary priestly caste before being eternally btfo by the Romans.

About half of Kohanims, it turns out, are the real deal.

this is a shocking turn of events

My last name is Brockman, which is apparently Jewish. Should I kill myself?

deep down I expected this.

I dunno, there's anglo brockmans according to Google.

Simple genetic test could answer it. If you're haplogroup R1b you're probably anglo. If you're haplogroup J then you're jew spawn.

And that's a good thing

Wow, what a groundbreaking discovery! It's not like it was a political stunt to get white Britons to accept all the third world niggers or anything. Everybody totally needs to see this article to know that it's not true!

I'm tired of living in fucking clown world. I want off this ride.