Why didn't Seita go back to his Aunt when he realized they couldn't survive on their own?

Why didn't Seita go back to his Aunt when he realized they couldn't survive on their own?

Why didn't Seita try to get a job?

Why didn't Seita take out the money in the bank to buy food sooner than THE DAY BEFORE HIS LITTLE SISTER STARVED?

This movie is fucking retarded.

I swear to god I saw this shit thread yesterday.

Because the movie is actually about arrogance, much like how Japan got itself into, and continued, to fight an unwinnable war.

It's propaganda designed to make Japanese people feel as though they were victims in their war of aggression.

exactly

Because that's the point and it makes it even more retarded, Seita is a piece of shit.

>This movie is fucking retarded.
Dewd u juzz didn ged id

GotF is the cheapest form of emotional manipulation you will find Ghiblis catalog. Every single movie or show manipulates its audience in some way, but this one simply is the king in that regard. Cant make the audience feel empathetic about the characters and their story? Welp, lets show how an innocent child is being put into a coffin, that will make the audience tear up and guarantee critical acclaim.

>and continued, to fight an unwinnable war
They thought it was worth supporting the one western nation they always had close ties to. Probably also helped that it was basically the entire planet that ganged up on that single nation.

He was a twelve year old orphan that felt unwelcome and mistreated by his aunt. Of course he would not know what was the right thing to do.

The aunt, uncle and cousin should have been the ones to drag their asses back to the house.

Why Sup Forums hates anything that is good and popular

>anything that is good and popular
But these two rarely apply to the same show.

I watched this when I was maybe fourteen-sixteen, was just getting into anime and watching all the ghibli films, some of which I enjoyed and were very popular such as spirited away and nausicaa.

When I watched GotF, I was bored, it was boring. I didn't care about any of the characters. Afterwards, I felt a little offended that I was supposed to feel sorry for a country that killed more innocent civilians than germany in the war. Felt like some sop shit about the schoolyard bully getting his shit pushed in and how I'm supposed to cry over his pain and struggles.

Nowadays I have some different opinions about the war but I still think the movie sucks dick and is emotionally cheap propaganda.

You're supposed to hate Seita. The film is very anti-Japanese.

Only good post ITT.

Fuck off with your emojishit, faggot.

The original book is based on a true story. The author felt a huge amount of guilt for killing his sister.

>Why didn't Seita go back to his Aunt when he realized they couldn't survive on their own?
The pride of the Samurai Warrior.

>Why didn't Seita try to get a job?
Because the whole city was fucking burned. Try to find a job in fucking Syria right now. No one is paying shit to anyone in a war torn country.

>Why didn't Seita take out the money in the bank to buy food sooner than THE DAY BEFORE HIS LITTLE SISTER STARVED?
The government wasn't handing the payment BECAUSE THERE WAS A FUCKING WAR EFFORT GOING ON.

You really miss the whole point of the thing, that is to survive in a war torn country. No one could spare food and the ones that did didn't do it because of muh Samurai spirit.

The bomb shelter they lived in wasn't in the same village that got burned. And he took out money from the bank twice during the events.

Not just yesterday

Did you see this at ACMI?
The second time I watched this I was thinking all these questions throughout the whole film, actually legit ruins it.

He also didn't die.

In the movie, the dickhead director Takahata killed him off to fuel his manipulative message that younger japs are supposed to feel guilt for their parents. He even had the main character break the 4th wall at the end by looking into the camera as a ghost. This is literally as pretentious and self-indulgent as it gets.

Because Seita is a dumb piece of shit.

Retards who defend this movie still haven't justified the purpose of this scene.

Was Setsuko transgender?

So? You expect to find a job when a bunch of refugees move someplace else?

No one had money to give to anyone. Why pay someone for shit you can do yourself at this really shitty situation you're living in? Even if you need help, don't you think it's wiser to invest in food rather than paying workers you can pay the next month?

You don't know how much of a delay there was for that one last payment either. How do you expect the government to hand in money regularly when the entire country is burning down and two fucking bombs erased a couple of cities from Earth and the population didn't even die in the blast, but are having all their muscles falling from their bones one at a time?

There was a lot of shit happening at the same time, the point of the movie is that Pride and Selfishness were the drops that kicked the bucket.

You are all fucking retarded. The job his aunt was referring to was helping the war effort, instead of slacking off at the beach.

The little shit should have been putting out fires and working in the factory. You even see him make the conscious choice not to put out fires throughout the film, he is literally choosing the homeless lifestyle - I'm not sure if it was out of cowardice or what though.

Pride

>The pride of the Samurai Warrior.
Never really existed. Even the bushido code was mostly made up, with no actual historical basis.

>Because the whole city was fucking burned. Try to find a job in fucking Syria right now. No one is paying shit to anyone in a war torn country.
He never even tried. His own cousin had no problem finding a job.

>muh food
Japan objectively wasn't starving at the end of WW2. Food wasn't abundant, but you had to make some spectacularly retarded decisions to actually die of hunger there.

Seita was 14, though even 12 year olds generally understand that you need money to make a living.