Americans wear their shoes indoors

>Americans wear their shoes indoors

Am I really supposed to believe this? People really can't be that stupid, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u2KGMh1fKPU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It depends on the situation

Some people in Britain do this too. I find it a little gross though.

I'm America and I've never taken my shoes off inside or ever been asked to do it.

Fuck you it's comfy.

Why? It literally just makes shit dirtier. What do you do with your shoes when you get ready for bed?

She shouldn't be allowed to wear anything indoors

I have never been in a house where people kept them on

Dude how fucking disgusting is your floor?

You've NEVER taken your shoes off inside? What if your shoes are dirty?

Hell yeah we do. And we walk around the house without them on.

I can't even begin to comprehend how wearing shoes inside could somehow be more comfortable than not having to wear them.

No one keeps their shoes on while inside anyone's home.
Any one claiming otherwise is a shitposter.

You just walk around with your stinky socks?

It's common in some houses, (like mine). Others take off their shoes, but most don't. Maybe it's because we have backyards? I have no idea why it's acceptable in America and not anywhere else.

No, I have house sandals.

Nice anime and manga thread.

There only one way to fix this
Post Christina

Is wearing shoes inside strictly an Anglo-American thing? I know some British households do it too.

>house sandals
I'm pretty sure those are called slippers.

Enjoy dying from a cold at 30

I don't live in a city with mud roads or some shit and I pay someone to clean my house twice a week so I do use shoes inside.

Where would I hide my gun without boots on permanently? I tried to get it to stay under my hat, but it didn't work

Most of us leave our shoes in the doorway

though oddly we don't take off our shoes when we are in another person's house (it's actually rude to do that without permission).

absolutely disgusting

Americans don't really walk anywhere. They walk to their car, and then they walk from the parking lot to the office. That's about 90% of the mileage their shoes get.
As long as your driveway and the parking lot aren't completely disgusting, it should be fine.

But why? What advantage could wearing shoes indoors possibly provide instead of wearing comfy slippers?

What happens in the winter time when there is snow and gunk all over your boots?

>Tfw barefoot masterrace

The advantage of not having to take off my shoes every fucking time I enter my house or put them on whenever I need to leave.
I'm just too lazy for that.

As an American, it's a mixed bag. My house has wood floors throughout most of the house so worrying about dirtying a carpet isn't too much a problem, as such I wear my shows indoors on days that it's really cold or if I'm planning to leave the house soon. I've got friends who wear their shoes downstairs but take them off when we go up to their rooms on the second floor, while other friends don't care because they've either got shitty carpets or believe that the welcome mat serves a purpose besides welcoming people.

I literally never take my shoes off even when I shower. Fuck off weaboos.

same in Australia, no shoes inside unless you are at someone elses house

There is no advantage. People just don't always take their shoes off right away.

How many times you go outside per day? It takes like 10 seconds max per trip.

Not him but i live in a house with old wood floors so i leave my shoes on so i dont get a surprise splinter.

How about wearing comfortable shoes that don't bother you when you leave them on?

Americans often get compared unfavourably with Europeans in terms of etiquette but the truth is they're not so bad, MUCH better than most continentals. Most of the continent was taken over by lower-middle-class """manners"""" based on petty thriftiness (or rather, they'd hardly ever had their own elites to develop any etiquette...). Wearing shoes indoors is a good example, as if the people were there for the floor and not the floor for the people - all founded on a cult of petty thrift which sees an occasion to pinch some pennies on floor cleaning.

And so the average European (and even many Brits) will tut-tut at Yanks wearing shoes indoors and present themselves as superior and more worldly by removing them, oblivious to the fact that their own properly brought-up elites also wear shoes indoors as is proper Western etiquette.

t. upper middle class Brit

We take them off? Leaving your shoes on isn't taboo here but tracking dirt through the house?

Are you unable to tell situations apart or something?

Don't Americans have jobs? Even assuming you don't work as a labourer, dress shoes and other work shoes aren't the comfiest. I wouldn't want to wear those 15 hours a day.

I wear my shoes to bed. A few of my friends do the same. It just feels natural after a while.

>Not wearing shoes indoors
>Not always being prepared to run when "they" come for you
>Not scattering poison spikes over all of your floors so any potential assailants are killed when they politely take their shoes off before making a grab for you.
enjoy being captured faggots

What the flippin fuck are you talking about

Jesus Christ what is wrong with white """"" people"""""""""""

>Western etiquette
British etiquette, you mean. Which Continentals and Americans alike make fun of on a regular basis, because it's usually fucking silly.

Lower-middle-class detected

But then I have to take those off anyway when I want to lie on my bed so I take them off at the door.

You don't get a cold from an actual drop in temperature idiot

You're more likely gonna get sick from all the bacteria on the floor from walking inside with shoes

It's entirely up to the home owner and how they want to enforce it. I never had to take my shoes off all throughout school, but the we moved house and put in new carpets and suddenly we became a house where no one is allowed to wear shoes beyond the main hallway, not even guests.

Don't lick the floor and you'll be fine.

>97% of american houses are fully carpeted and have 80% fo the worlds types of worms that imbed into the carped waiting to enter the feet through the skin

Yeah we do. Get over it. We had a crisis in the 1930's and again in the 1970's over this. Thousands died. Japs have little carpet for a -reason-. Culture shit.

A unique perspective to this: I wear sandals whenever I mover around my apartment because my roommates keep it fucking filthy and I don't want my feet dirty.

>dress shoes aren't the comfiest
Someone has never had decent dress shoes.

No, it was and is (upper class) etiquette throughout Europe. Though there are countries which never really developed such a class beyond tiny numbers and now that they have become richer lower middle class mentality still dominates all the way to the top (e.g. the Scandinavians who almost universally have awful manners no matter the social class).

>No, it was and is (upper class) etiquette throughout Europe

*Or maybe I should say it is/was French etiquette which was the universal standard in the West for a while.

Anyone that uses shoes indoor, only does it because they have someone else to clean the floor for them. So unless you have an army of maids like , stop giving extra work for your parents and be a better person.

How could dress shoes possibly be comfier than slippers?

Fuck your couch nigga.

My family takes off their shoes here in America, but that's mainly. Cause our parents have lived half their lives in Jordan and Syria.

I live in fucking Alaska and people don't keep their shoes on in their houses.

if i accidentally forget something and I need to get it quick, I keep my shoes on.

>Shoes
>Comfy
>Ever
the thinking man cuts his feet off and replaces them with pillows for infinite comfort.

leaf here. I always take my shoes off in other people's houses but never take them off in my own, mostly because I wear combats and I'm too lazy to take them off.

Nice slippers are dress shoes.

Wearing pic related at the moment.

>97% of american houses are fully carpeted and have 80% fo the worlds types of worms that imbed into the carped waiting to enter the feet through the skin
Source?

>he doesn't take his shoes off inside to enjoy the cozy warmth of walking on a heated floor
I pity you all.

Burrito eater here, some people consider taking your shoes off in someone else's house to be rude.

Yes.
They also make their tea in microwaves.

I just realized socks and shoes are basically portable bits of carpet and floor you attach to your feet so you can walk around indoors even when you're outdoors.

We can. We clean our floors weekly. We put them away well before them.
Weekly cleaning.
Then they get taken off like the nips do.

always take my shoes off at the front door, i have a pair of sandals i wear around for backyard purposes.
still dust and mop every week, so you're full of shit.

You need to get off Sup Forums and sleep it off buddy.
also eat this bowl of eggs

I try not to wear shoes. Even if I go outside. Coincidentally, I have very thick callouses.

why are you euroshits obsessed with americans?

uhhhh, whats wrong with doing that?

made me think.

So disgusting 6 days of a week

I think the argument was "the more diseases you expose your immune system to early on, the tougher your immune system will be at an old age." So by not doing things like wearing shoes indoors and licking the floor, you are setting yourself up to die of a cold at 30.

Oh so this is like those Sup Forums threads where people negate reality. Cool. Don't mind me, keep doing your business.

nah the best feeling is coming home from a hot summer's day to cool home and taking your shoes off and walking on the tile

Proofs?

why am I laughing

if you dont get expose to it your immune system will be weak as fuck

i've been asked to take my shoes off before, sometimes i haven't been asked. when i'm coming home, i walk to my room and then take my shoes off. it all just depends on who the person is really

Every time I see this thread, I think about all the houses I've been in where everyone leaves their shoes at the door.

I think it's more rare to go to someone's house, at least in my experience, and have them be cool with you walking around in shoes.

Those aren't nice slippers. They're tacky and look incredible awkward.
Good slippers are tight leather, like a glove.
Those are 'I'm a fucking tool' slippers.

>97%
>Every house is now mostly hardwood floor
This is BS.

>people acting like wa la was a new thing with that post
fucking retards never going on /ck/

Maybe it's a US regional thing

Florida fag here and I never taken my shoes off at another person's home nor have I ever been asked too and I have never asked anyone to take their shoes off in my home as well

I'm american, I'm in my home, and I am stark naked. except for my shoes.

Who doesn't have shoe covers?

youtube.com/watch?v=u2KGMh1fKPU

They're better than removing shoes.

thanks for making me laugh out loud and get strange looks man

I knew a couple kids families growing up that didn't, but I was raised to take off my shoes at the entrance to not track in dirt like a fucking savage

I wonder why so many Americans will defend anything American no matter how retarded it is just because it's American.

>parents
I clean my own floors and still wear shoes indoors. Unless your shoes are absolutely filthy (in which case yeah, leave that shit at the door), it shouldn't make much of a difference in the cleanliness of the floor. Most of the soils and stains seem to come from people dropping food or spilling beverages and not cleaning it up properly afterwards.

Its fine to wear shoes indoors as long as you don't wear them in rooms with carpet.

>So unless you have an army of maids like (You), stop giving extra work for your parents and be a better person.

Do whatever you want privately (and f you live with your parents maybe YOU should do the cleaning).

The point is what you do when you have guests. Forcing your guests to take off shoes to save yourself work in cleaning the floor is just the sort of lower middle class cult of petty thrift I mentioned, in violation of Western etiquette and hospitality.

>Forcing your guests to take off shoes to save yourself work
People who weren't raised with a silver spoon in their mouth (and Scandinavians) do it as a sign of courtesy, you know. Look down on modern Western etiquette all you want, but it's not as nefarious as you make it out to be.

I'm surprised so many people in Sup Forums take their shoes off inside, I don't know a single person who does that.