Best modern shonen

What do you see as most important best shonen in manga history? I mean like shonen have brought something new in shonen scene. In my opinion FMA, HxH. Not generic shit like Boku no Hero Academia. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xLSj5yBsFmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why?

I wish this thread was still up, at least I've got a screencap of it, thank you.

Didn't Magi fall into the usual trap of going on for too long and the author losing sight of what made it enjoyable?

Chimera Ant>FMA>HxH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magi

HxH is the most important.
FMA is a meme and Magi fucking sucks.

>I can't see deleted posts
Fuck off, newfag.

FMA's even worse than Magi. Baby's first 'serious' anime after moving on from Dragonball/Pokemon/Naruto or whatever the fuck your poison was.

HxH is fucking shit especially the chicken scratch Togashi calls art

>Not generic shit like Boku no Hero Academia.
Much better than HxH. FMA and BnHA are among the best shounen from 2000 and on.

HxH has better art than Magi and FMA though.

>chicken scratch
I don't get this meme at all. I just caught up with the manga and aside from a rough sketch looking page of Pitou in a cave and the Koala chapter the art ranges from okay to great.

In, maybe, two chapters, and only if you have a very specific taste for drawing styles.

I'm assuming you read scans of the later releases that fixed the shittier parts.

>HxH has better art than Magi and FMA though.
Sure

Is that page suppose to be good?

That indeed does look better than Magi's generic art and nonsensical composition.

Hunter x Hunter hasn't had chicken scratch art for ages.

Only people who genuinely have no fucking clue about art think Togashi is bad at it. Even the best artists can be lazy (or physically incapable due to health) and publish a scribble on occasion, but only good comic artists have his grasp of composition and flow. His technical skill is good too, it's not like anyone has criticisms about his anatomy or perspective or anything like that. People just see low effort first drafts and think it's bad because it doesn't look like Berserk or Vagabond.

No one thinks Magi is good.

Nanatsu no Taizai is good.

Meanwhile in FMA

I love how you post a page without any characters since they all suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome and look the same.

and Magi

I know right, what's up with FMA fans thinking they're so fucking enlightened ?

>HxHfag saying characters from other series look like shit
Top kek

When did this become a pasta?

>Posting a page full of characters with unique designs, both visually and ability-wise.
You're still too embarrassed to post any FMA characters I suppose?

>Nanatsu no Taizai is good.
Powerlevels, that one meme character that one shots all his opponents because of muh sun, meaning no tension what so ever. Good. Top kek.

>unique designs
That's one way of putting it.

>inspirational as fuck
>literaly shonen shit
>muh no "no boku no hero" contrarian
fag.

>What do you see as most important best shonen in manga history?
DBZ if we are talking about fight coreography, you are to broad in your question anyway, different stuff did specific changes or tweaks to the genre.

>DBZ
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nice gateway series, kid.

these are good, distinct designs

i'd take that over sameface syndrome

if your read again you will notice how your meme response wont apply this time.
control yourself breh.

Best one coming trough!

Mostly nostalgia because this was my first anime but fuck you it is still good.

One Piece>Bleach>Toriko>>HxH

A Western novel series is not a shounen.

one piece for the story
kubo had top tier designs and art at some point.

Not him, but DBZ has great battle coreography. The proof is that DBZ battles are little more than two guys punching each other and doesn't feel like that at all.

>great battle coreography.
Yep repeat frames of people punching each other and beam spam, fucking top tier.

What was Togashi thinking when he created these abominations? It's as if he wanted to make quirky and charming designs like in One Piece, but without actually knowing what makes them work, or maybe just half-assing it like usual. The Zodiacs were slightly better in anime, since their style was unified, but still pretty unappealing.

Battle shounen have no right trying to be intelligent.

>What was Togashi thinking when he created these abominations?
He probably stole some kid doodles

Togashi is a hack. Fuck off.

>Togashi is so creatively bankrupt he steals ideas from fan letters and traces magazines
This would explain all the hiatuses.

He also admitted he gets all of his character names from TV shows.

>brainlets can't handle the depth of Togashi's work
pathetic.

OH MY RUBBER NEN

Not a DBZ battle but whatever.
youtube.com/watch?v=xLSj5yBsFmc

it was the first to do the shit that now is common in every shounen.
if you want to be a contrarian at least educate yourself.

Toriko is the best picture in that pic so it's not indicative of the quality

You could make a chart like that about every battle shounen.
Not a fan of HxH btw.

God that looks like shit

In my opinion, HxH. Magi is absolute crap, I don't know how I've kept up with it since chapter 1. At one point I was even reading weekly raws with forum translations, when the scans were way behind.
Wait, I just remembered. It was because of Morgiana. Those sexy legs and shapely behind on a flatchested body. Nice

HxHfans still think Naruto is a rip-off of it using a meme that even said that Code Geass and Eva were the same.

FMA is the best

HxH only had two good arcs, they were great but neither were better than FMA at its best.

Magi is garbage

Why the fuck are you guys posting anime?

are you seriously comparing an animation made 30 years ago and saying the newer copy/paste is better?
dense, underage or stupid?
maybe everything together?

>not the first post from this IP
What did he mean by this?

HxHfag trying to move the argument away from HxH's shit character designs.

Not him, but this is dumbass logic. Original does not imply superior.

Someone post the page

>i-it's 2deep4u!!!
Top kek

>Most important
Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya, they pretty much created fucking everything they keep copying nowadays. Hokuto no Ken was less influential than it seems, though you could say DB and SS refined its formula.

Also BNHA is good, fuck off edgy contrarian, you just like to make these threads to bash BNHA.

I don't even know what the fuck is happening.

Such is the nature of Togashi's chicken scratch

It's normal, Hisoka also didn't at that point. The other guy has a clone.

Kinnikuman created everything DB and SS are credited with.

>that art
What the actual fuck

Important? Dragon Ball. Best? FMA.

Magi is pure shit and HxH has only two good arcs, and of them is slow/dull as fuck.

We got it the first time dude

You're not funny. I wonder how many posts you have in this thread.

>two people have the same extremely common opinion
wow what are the odds

FMA is one of the worst manga ever made. Awful generic antagonists, mediocre designs, terrible politics, retarded humour, no thematic core. Even Dragonball is better

Sure user sure.

Next time you should try to make your post different lad.

Both of those posts aren't from unique IPs yet they pretend to answer OPs question.

>defending shit art
i bet if togashi drew stick figures you'd still think its mona lisa. scum like you who have no standards in art should kill yourselves.

>W-Why are you guys complain about my favorite shit? P-Please stop
Fuck off, faggot.

FMA Mangahood's story is painfully generic and predictable; there are seven enemies and the heroes gradually work there way through each at them via one on one duels. That sounds like an excuse plot to a video game.

And literally the only argument FMAfags have is that the story is over. When people comment on HxH its in regard to its themes and how it subverted expectations, in addition to the arcs of the characters involved.

counterpoint: FMA is one of the best manga ever made. Great, unique antagonists, memorable designs, clever politics, well-placed humor, and a strong thematic core. It's even better than Dragonball

>most important best

either ESL or fucking illiterate adolescent. Get off the internet, go get an education and stop making this thread.

no manga is important so go fuck yourself you fucking retard.

I will never understand the brain problems that compel someone to make the same fucking thread over and over and over again.

Is HxHfags the worst shonen fanbase? If someone is not sucking the balls of togashi and his mediocre work, they become extraordinarily angry

I will never understand the brain problems that compel people to post this and consider it an argument.

Kinnikuman came out years before dragon Ball and saint seiya and is more likely the real predecessor to modern Shonen although someone more versed in Japanese pop culture can correct me on that.

I'm not trying to make any argument you idiot. What argument does your peanut brain think that post is trying to make?

>not posting the turkey

his post specifically doesn't defend the few examples of bad art, tho

Holy shit

No the hatebase is.

Literal cancer. If the fans were on this level people would be quick to call out on but shitposting is okay apparently.

Yes. Oh, and if there's more than one person complaining about, he's automatically a samefag.

It's funny because all of those posts are from the same guy.

This.

Why would you bring more attention to your samefagging?

I love the fucking brass balls on Togashi. I mean just imagine the look on the editors' faces when he hands over shit like this, and then says he's going on another 6 month hiatus. But he doesn't give a shit. I wish I could be in the room.

Case in point this guy

Not sure what made it enjoyable desu when I dropped both timelines with first two episodes