Why did the new DN Movie make Light the exact opposite of who he is?

Why did the new DN Movie make Light the exact opposite of who he is?

Because in modern (((American))) movies the white male always has to be a beta.

Because this kind of characters don't work in American settings

Model students are believed to grow up to be nerds who only know how to take orders and probably will end up as white collars because the school system is shit

Attractive or fit people are not associated with being actually smart or choose "smart people" careers

You have left the normal poeple who don't stand out and the social outcasts, who are a roulette. You either get a misunderstood genius, a complete idiot normie or a special snowflake.

Is he talking about miaa in this?

Can't self insert as anything but emotional faggot.

I liked the idea of something different so I don't know what's gonna happen next, but they took way too many liberties.

>this is what americans actually believe

ye

L started all cool until he monkeyd up for like the second half of the movie, they fucked him up too, you would think they would make him "cooler" due being black or something.

Americans are afraid that if Light is smart, then he might actually be right. Easier to just have an evil monster tempt him, and nobody has to think about it

American Psycho and House of Cards were both very successful. Hell, Dexter was crazy popular, and that's basically the same thing (attractive, crazy, monologuing dude who kills criminals and not the innocent).

These characters are all adults outside school settings tho, I'm talking of how students and the American school system is perceived.

American Death Note would have worked being almost the same as the original if they aged up the cast.

Netflix thinks they understand their audience. Problem is they don't understand the Death Note audience.

BLACKS: intelligent, heroic.
WOMEN: active, empowered.
WHITES: losers, stupid.

Gods, thanks for reminding me why I loved this guy. Sure he was an edgy sociopath with a god complex but he had a certain sawiness and wit to him I couldn't help but find charming.

>Attractive or fit people are not associated with being actually smart or choose "smart people" careers
Harvey Dent. Tadashi Hamada.

Indiana Jones.

All of them adults, there's probably one or two memorable main character who were all around perfect and were in middle of high school and that people didn't call stupid mary sue.

just gotta have an above average IQ, have a personality that values conscientiousness, not look like shit and have a good upbringing so you're not socially retarded and meek

That it "wouldn't work" is just bollocks. People idolize these kinds of traits and they're also linked to long-term success and happiness. People would crave wanting to watch that shit

I can just imagine all the feminists and SJWs posting Light all over twitter on how they want his big bad dick and hot body.

Except L in this movie was a nerd that lacked any composure. He's like the movie equivalent of Light's servant that fucked up in the ending (can't remember his name).

But what you are describing is a normal teen and more closer to the third description and yes it would have worked, but they chose to go with the edgelord.

People are complaining they didn't get the Light who was all around perfect good grades attractive fit good at sports model teen and drowning in pussy. I can already imagine how people would have rolled their eyes to this character.

>BLACKS: violent, steals shit, threatens others with a gun

ftfy

Because the current movie looked so well right?

>I can already imagine how people would have rolled their eyes to this character.

They wouldn't, if it's executed in a way that isn't cringy.

Only the drowning in pussy part.

Because the original Light was a power fantasy to sell the manga to children.

These kinds of characters exist exactly nowhere.
People are still able to make characters like Patrick Bateman.
You've taken far too much of the isekai pill. Not everyone and everything has to be a self insert.

Light and L are both supposed to have been college aged students.
The failure to reproduce the mood and intent of the original death note has nothing to do with the source material and everything to do with a crappy adaptation by directors and producers who wanted to make a self-insert power fantasy.

They do it all the time in capeshit movies.

I want Nagatoro to bully and laugh at me.