Logically, in a society much more advanced than ours in alot of capacities like op world is...

Logically, in a society much more advanced than ours in alot of capacities like op world is, is it reallllly so impossible to fix a ship with the damage going merry sustained, or was it forced drama?

Wasn't the keel broken? At that point it isn't a repair as much as it is building a new ship.

Can't you just replace the keel?

That replacement would look a lot like replacing a human spine or the foundation of a building. The keel is the main support for the ships structure. It would be far more expensive than a new ship and it wouldn't be the same ship. For all intents and purposes the Merry way gone.

One Piece is a comedy foremost. The whole 'merry' coming to life shit was some of the most hilarious moments out of the entire one piece. It rivals Ace's death as comedic moments you just know people that don't comprehend one piece cried over. I'm going to assume most female one piece fans cried over it. Because 1P is written by a man for other men.

One Piece is shounen shit and it has zero comedic value.

What makes a ship a ship anyways?
>cut out the goat head
>scrap the rest of the ship
>attach the goat head to a new ship
Wouldnt that work?

This.

what did he meme by this

>Oda is a god with perfect foresight and plans everyth-

explain this Oda cocksuckers

-ing.

I don't remember this. How did the front of the Merry get sliced off?

Odafags btfo

There more likely is a DF that can repair things.

Dwarf Princess.

bellamy

Yeah the shading is awful. A Toei hall-mark.

>Franky and Co. built a bigger and better ship that can sail through the Grand Line in one night
You're not supposed to take this kind of shit seriously

Try folding a piece of paper seven times.

Then tear it.

Then make a new sheet of paper.

What, was it one night? It seemed to be a week or more from what I remember.

IIRC it was one night

>>Try folding a piece of paper seven times.
I can't.

are you weak?

HAAAAAACK IT'S EVEN WORSE IN THE MANGA YOU CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE CASE THAT THE KEEL IS STILL ATTACHED

o-odabros explain this

this

I don't think it's possible. I've seen mythbusters.

The important part is the middle which is not cut

advanced in some ways, they don't have much when it comes to flight or have any weapons of mass destruction as they rely more on devil fruits for that

in order for the keel to reach it would have to stretch like a rubberband

Learn Origami bitch.

Nobody said fold it in half.

t. souless chink

Nobody said to reddit-space either and you still did just that

t. female one piece 'fan'

I said it six months ago.

You should have been listening.

Nice text-on-image. It totally enriches your post that captivates what's wrong with you in its entirety.

I mean we can debate how actually advanced the world is but even if it has super advanced elements in it like vegapunk's work, everyone and everything in the world is extremely isolated so all that matters is what you have available near you.

The keel is the entire backbone of the boat. You would be essentially building a new one, rather defeating the purpose of trying to keep the merry instead of moving on to a newer, long overdue bigger boat. And the front wasn't just sliced off, the bottom of the boat (i.e. the keel) was wrecked from grinding against shit iirc.

It's a fucking shounen, do you really stay up at night wondering if it all makes sense? Why are the rest of you so obsessed with wan piss? Go ahead and laugh at the flaws of a children's cartoon, it will make you a big man

please enlight us with what you think its worthy of your manly tears

ace's death was the last time I felt anything

tears of laughter

>Using anime to prove a point
Close......close.

They touch on this in the manga, the reasoning is that once the keel is replaced, you have to build the ship up from scratch again. It wouldn't be the same Merry.

>there are people like this existing

Why didn't you just say you want us to meme the manga's dialogues and quote characters?

>Ace's death is supposed to be funny

That edge.

OP-san here is basically the crew arriving at Water 7 and everyone else is Galley La

It was several days. They even make a point about how Franky and Iceberg are the only ones to work on it the entire time with the rest of Gally-La taking breaks.

Also Luffy was sleeping off his fight and he's usually out for at least three days unless he's up against a jobber like Moriah

The OP world is quite interesting regarding to the technology.
A world full of separate island where communication is low, and technology is isloated.
On Water 7, a steam train is the top technology (19th century), some islands are in dinnosaur, barbarian age or feodal age, some islands are quite nowadays (Dressrosa), but most don't know electricity.
The only world organisation, the Marine, still don't have electric or fuel boats, and they work with Vegapunk, a genius scientist who make advanced robots and weapons.

All this technology unbalanced is one of the points I find the most interesting in One Piece.

(sorry for my unclear explanaitions, I'm not english)

I laughed at Ace's death because he died due to his own painfully retarded self, and Luffy's screaming face is funny looking.

I cried at Rebecca's back story, though. There' something about starving orphan children that really gets me.

Nami's arc made me cry the most out of any anime or manga series ever.

>not a new IP
>that reddit-spacing

Didn't also Bucky ruin Lufys strawhat, yet it was fine later on?

the manga shows a couple panels of nami fixing it.

is Bucky a foreign translation? like "Captain Black" for Kuro

Well it's not funny for me but i really reeaaaaally enjoy ace's death. I hate him ao goddamn much.
For merry i just simply didn't care.
In fact i was hyped to see the strawhat's new ship.

do you have a crush fetish too?

is Oda a communist?

ussop fixed it

Are you putting up this thread after watching tekking101's video on both sailing vessels?

What's this supposed to point out

One piece universe isn't much more advanced than ours.

The robots are pretty advanced

oh so you're a smug pretentious faggot, why didn't you say so

Rebecca is one of the worst characters in the longest time (but then again he out-did himself again with Carrot right after) and has a shitty cookie cutter backstory. Muh starving orphan, fuck off.

>but ace was so dumb lol, I was too smart to actually feel anything for that scene

off yourself

OFCOURSE THE KEEL WAS BROKEN YOU FUCKING RETARD, THEY LITERALLY STICHED IT TOGETHER WITH METAL PLATE AND ALL THAT SHIT. THIS SHIT IS WHY THE SHIP COULD NOT HOLD ANYMORE

ARE YOU LITERALLY RETARDED?

If they could do that couldn't they line the entire keel with metal so it doesn't fall apart?

>Tear a page of paper apart
>Tape it back
>Now tear it apart three more times
>Tape it back
>Lel still the same

Pic related, it is you

The keel was fucked, and it is the backbone of a ship. You can't just "repair" that, you basically need to put in a new keel, which means building a new ship.

Merry was "dead man walking" (or "dead ship sailing" if you prefer).

That's a nice opinion you've got there.

They obviously didn't love Going Merry, if they did they'd get some kind of repair/regeneration devil fruit.

Localization is the best, nobody can beat Lysopp Scharfschützen König.