Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

What went wrong?

Meh, if I were to point to any individual faults I'd say the pacing has been pretty poorly managed.

Its kinda sad desu. What happened to the fun sense of adventure with season 1? Why did it have to turn into some shitty romance mellow drama

They hired on a new female writer. Thats what wrong. Ree

They shoehorned in two characters that nobody gives a fuck about. Even the side character are more interesting than nina and charioce

I liked genesis and Im on chapter 6 of this, does it stop being a shoujo romance?

THis is still going? I thought the original wasa 12 episodes.

nina

Nope, the latest episode is still pretty shoujo-ish.

I wish user, I wish. The longer it goes on, the more they actually focus on this autistic romance plot. I thought they would be done with it after the first half, but its only gotten FUCKING WORSE. Nina derails an entire fucking operation with this stupid shit

Imo nina isnt that bad. The only thing bad about her is how she is autistically obsessed with charioce

Nothing yet.
The fun stopped around the middle way through in the first series. We have had some fun in this series too.

Forced romance between unlikeable characters.

What part of this adventure series turned shoujo is fun? Nina seemed interesting at first but now shes just obnoxious. El went from a sweet kid to an edge lord. And there was nothing good about charioce from the beginning

Probably from the start. I was waiting for it to turn into a fast paced adventure like the first one was, but that never happened.
I don't even hate Nina and Charioce, nor do I think anyone ruined the show. It is just fundamentally different than Genesis.

Thats niƱo not nina

it wasn't very planned out, they are literally in the same boring ass city for the first whole half and somewhere around the quarter mark they have an episode that is literally just the same episode before it in a different order.

It's still pretty good, if only because of the old cast.

All I know is that I acknowledge that events are happening in the show, but I don't feel anything about them.

I hope Garo season 3 is still in the works and MAPPA turns that one out well.

> Nina
> Poorly pacing
> Shit romance
> Cheated fans
"The cool thing about Genesis was the adventure, VS is a fucking Slice of life"

Tell me one good thing about her

Other than "she's cute", all anime girls are cute

I used to like Nina , but her entire romance with charioce has killed her character for me and it's drag down the show , this show was much better when they were focusing on Azrael trying to kill charioce

Pushing waifu dragon girl to get retarded otaku to buy this shit.

First season had great characters, only to get flushed into a shit bowl of new trash characters in the second season. Fuck you, Japan.

She was fun in the beginning , but I hate now that she's autistically obsessed with someone who constantly tried to kill her and her friends and and literally commit genocide

>otaku
This show has female wish fulfillment written all over it

If there's a part 3 then please forget Nina and go back to favaro trying to save Amira

Its because they have a new female writer on the team. Usually im not one to bag on female writers but lets be honest, no male would actually give a shit about ninas retarded relationship

demonfags SEETHING

Lack of purpose. There are a lot of character but they do nothing.

>this entire part was just justifying why Favaro would have a change of heart and try to save Amira, because Nina's determination to save Charioce inspired him

I am positive this won't be the case, but it's a funny thought.

Don't care about the demon's but this whole charioce romance has ruined the show

Amira was different, we had the whole series to care about her, told her story, the motivation, she had a personality beyond "I'm cute", and we could see the development of the relationship with Favaro, who is also a Good character, he did not fall in love immediately without a reason, the bastard tried to betray her a 3 times, before he began to care about her, and eventually fall in love

Nina literally met the guy on the street and they fell in love ... and we should accept because anime

This genuinely depresses me. It had a really strong start but started to wane and turn to shit after they kept pushing for this terrible out of place romance. Seriously absolutely disappointing.

Nina was a mistake.

I had to pause the show for a minute to take in all the boobies. 10/10 anime as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, yes she is. Oh well, I hope the studio's next fantasy anime series does better

Softiel a bestiel

That outfit with the redhood makes her so much better.

Pretty much everything that isn't the old cast getting a "being the old cast" moment.

The main plot is stupid shit as well, the romance only makes it all dumber.

Pic related is the only reason I still bother.

Nina

I was actually hoping for a sort if romance between Kaiser and Rita. Is that too much to ask for?

They don't even know what Cheerios is going to do with the super weapon. Why try to kill him?

>manchildren mad that they didn't get S1.

I'm glad, S1 was mediocre while this is actually interesting.

If they can shamelessly throw trash at us like NinaXCheerios then surely they can give you a rotten limb.

Nina was a mistake.

Honestly glad that Cheerios dumped her in the recent episode. Fuck that dragon bitch.

How can such a godly design be wasted on such a terrible character?

Did they really?

They should just show more cerb and give her more purpose.

I swear to good, if they'd only stopped bringing in more characters then we'd actually get somewhere. I'm salty as fuck that now there's a new antagonist out of the blue, we had a perfect cast for a good story there's no need for this shit.

She's terrible, the worst character i've seen in a long time. She's learned absolutely fucking nothing since the start of the series, no character growth at all.

Plus "Yeah i learned how to turn into a dragon thanks to true love" fucking goddamn.

Twin Heads and Virgin Soul are literally Bahamut S2 - what I expected - what I got.

Not enough Shadowverse characters. I thought this was supposed to be advertisment?

Manaria Friends got cancelled for this

Female MC
Women always ruin everything

Needs more Rita and Kaiser cute romantic shenanigans.

t. a girl from tumblr

Fuck off shipperfag.

This. Zombieloli is love.

She's perfect.

For me it's the blatant false advertising, the awful pacing and the transparent dislike of the old characters by the writer.

Favaro has appeared a grand total of what, 10 minutes combined? Yet he is in almost all the promotional art.

>out of the blue
This was obvious from episode 1 that it was going to happen. Some random bumfuck human wouldn't know where or how to get any of the mcguffins.

> Yet he is in almost all the promotional art

Is he? Most of the stuff I've seen is Nina/Bacchus/Azazel/Kaisar/Rita

This show has so much great animation in it, all for the shitty writer to waste

>the best scenes so far have involved Favaro, Kaisar and Rita

I want to go back.

I like Nina but the constant attempt at romance is tedious.

Nina is kind of cute at times. But her writing is really awful. She too stupid as the mc of a show with a serious plot line. If it were a comedy is would be alright. If she were a side character she would be alright. But it's not, she's fine with her crush doing whatever the fuck he wants even if it causes lots of people to die because she wants his dick. That's all she's come down to, and I was previously forgiving of them. Also fuck that voice is terrible. I honestly feel like Charioce is not that bad as an antagonist as long as you completely remove Nina and her weird worship/sympathizing of him.

> She's fine with her crush doing whatever the fuck he wants

Eh, I'd say it's less that she's fine with it, but more that she doesn't want him to die regardless because she's an idiot who thinks shit will somehow work out as long as people are kind to each other, and as it is, the whole "If I take the bracelet off I'll die" thing has pretty much fucked everything up in that regard.

Honestly though, until we find out what Charioce is even planning to do I won't properly decide on how much of a villain he is, since, if it is like people theorise and he is going to kill Bahamut forever or something, it's probably worth the deaths, but if it's much else then he's just straight up evil.

It started off great, but as soon as the romance came into play it was all downhill from there. Came in expecting a new adventure, got a shitty shoujo romance story instead. I wouldn't even mind if it was a decent romance story, but it's so badly done.

I only watch this for Favaro, Kaisar and Rita now. And hopefully Amira too.

People hate Nina because of the shit romance.

Not enough Favaro.

>if it is like people theorise and he is going to kill Bahamut forever or something, it's probably worth the deaths
That would be a pretty terrible narrative coming from Japan. A country notorious for their pardoning of war criminals. Now they're also making anime justifying imperialism and slavery? Nice going Nihon. What's next? Anime about how concentration camps helped society?

>The only thing bad about her is how she is autistically obsessed with charioce
And it just so happens to be her entire character because there's literally nothing else there user.

I wanted Cheerios to be a classic anime villain. He single handedly fucked the Gods and Demons, and brought glory to the human race. I want the protags and all races to band together and fight against him as he was fucking Bahamut.

> Justifying imperialism and slavery

I mean, if it stops a cosmic monstrosity from continuously appearing throughout all time and absolutely wrecking the world and it's inhabitants, sure.

That's just a little too easy, honestly.

It'd be much more interesting story wise if he actually had some kind of valid reason for doing all this shit, which he apparently does have, so it isn't such a cut and dry "he's evil" scenario.

Seriously? Japan has no problem denying war crimes in the current year. Anime often has propaganda tailored to them. There is almost always a greater good narrative.

>no male would actually give a shit about ninas retarded relationship
user, she's writing what MAPPA's Otsuka and cygames' Takenaka TELL HER TO WRITE. Both are male, and both decided on S2 being a romance. Otsuka also constantly praises the writer. Stop making this into a gender war. Both men and women fucked this up. Satou also gives okay to all of this. Oishi stated clearly she is not in control of the story.

I'll take my straight forward story telling than this crap.

>he enslaved the demon race and have them fight to their deaths in a colosseum as entertainment for the greater good!
>s-see he's playing football with the kids, it means he's actually good!

That's only the initial key art. Favaro was on both posters for the RoB/GBF collaboration and in all of the magazine art and following key art.

Eh, at the very least trying to make him a more nuanced villain is still more interesting than just "He's evil"

Don't think anyone but Nina thinks that him playing football means he isn't evil, but as it is, if he does have a valid reason for instigating the enslavement of demons/stealing god relics ((as he seems to have, and which some people have guessed is related to killing bahamut or something since his tragic backstory crap is about that)) then it'd obviously just be more compelling.

Hell, even if he DIDN'T have the whole 'keeping the seal closed' thing and was legit just making humanity stronger that still really isn't fully evil given the context of the world. Demons had been using humanity as their playthings for ages before this, and the gods had basically been manipulating humanity to worship them as well. No matter how you cut it, I don't think Charioce was ever a straightforward villain. People were arguing about the whole "demons and gods deserved it" shit since day 1.

Cheerios is a vengeful, spiteful asshole.

It still doesn't justify the rape mansions, the blood sport or the children torture. How are they going to justify that? "Oh, Cheerios had to get the funds for his war campaign against the heavens for whatever reason, so he had to be nice to the rapists and torturers and couldn't prosecute them!!! The gladiator areena is for crowdfunding!! For the greater good!!" It's dirty and pretty disgusting. Especially since they're doing it to pardon the pretty boy so he can be the pronce charming love interest of the MC with a free conscience. All around despicable narrative.

They also firmly established that Bahamut cannot be killed so Cheerios is doing all that in vain. Or are they also going to shit all over the Bahamut lore for the sake of further glorifying Cheerios? I don't think the playerbase would ever forgive them.

IMO that always seemed like nobles doing their own shit and Cheerios not intervening since he didn't really care that much.

Not that it makes it better, and I'm not really saying that Charioce is autmatically a good person because of whatever his plan may be, just that setting up the demon slavery shit is probably worth it from a practical sense if all the theories are true.

Regardless of whether the plan works out or not, and whether Charioce is 'forgiven' by Nina or not, I reckon it's highly likely he's still going to be killed for the shit he's done.

>IMO that always seemed like nobles doing their own shit and Cheerios not intervening since he didn't really care that much.
That still makes him complicit because he's running this regime. Either this kind of shit is fully legal in his country, which does make him fully responsible, or his country is simply being run sloppily and is full of decadence.

I hope he's trying to resurrect the Bahamut in order to duke it out with him, but fails and dies full of regret knowing he murdered thousands for nothing. Not gonna happen though, writers wank him too much.

WTF? How did SJWs get on Sup Forums? You are complaining about slaves and gladiators??? Saber Nero owned slaves and the Colosseum is named after her. Are you going to metasticize to Fate threads now too? FUCK OFF BACK TO TUMBLR CANCER.

> or his country is simply being run sloppily and is full of decadence.

Basically this, it's clear even just from the ball episode that Cheerios doesn't really give a fuck about maintaining appearances or pretty much caring about anything noble-related, he has to be nagged into doing that shit by his advisors or whatever they are.

Seems obvious that he just wouldn't really care about what sick nobles do in their off time as long as he still gets the result he needed from enslaving the demons. Hell, he even said he's long since ridded himself of guilt from what he's done, it's full 'the ends justify the means', and again, in this case, he's still right in a practical sense, if his forbidden magic crap can kill or at least seal Bahamut with some measure of permanency it's pretty much worth all this garbage.

Doesn't seem like that would happen anyway since it's just stupid.

Off to your containment thread fatefag who types like it's his first day on Sup Forums.

I still think it's kinda ridiculous how nina is able to look past cheerios being a complete fucking monster and still falls in love with him because muh love and muh hypocrisy

seriously what is which retarded romances

No Fuck off SJW. Your kind is never welcome here.

It's EXACTLY like S1.

>S1 start is fucking 10/10 most fun shit ever.
>Recap/break hits.
>Show goes to complete shit.
Ever since she kissed Cheerio and MAPPA forcing this love shit it's turned boring.

It's not about keeping appearances or keeping protocol around nobles. It's about making sure the law is being abided by everybody, not just the peasants. If he's allowing for the upper states to be basically untouchable then he's no different than the corrupt fucks we have today.

If you're so pro slavery then fuck off to North Korea, mongrel.

I wonder what kind of asspull they're going to pull with the Dromos is Bahamut can produce ten nukes in a minute while this shit takes weeks to fire just one measly shot.

no virgins

All Cheerios did was replacing the Demons faction with humanity. As proven in S1 humanity is actually far more destructive than the demons, so in the context of the world it being kept in check was actually a good thing. Humanity under Cheerios is also even more destructive than the demons by themselves against humanity. Even looking at him from the perspective of humanity's wellbeing he still comes off as someone who factually brought more evil to the world than value.