Why in the hell is this series so expensive to get physical? Not to mention most streaming sites dont have it either

Why in the hell is this series so expensive to get physical? Not to mention most streaming sites dont have it either...

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/?f=0&c=1_2&q=evangelion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please just learn to torrent like everyone else, or fuck off.

it's like thirty fucking years old

You have to go back

To where?

Don't be cheap, you should support the anime industry

Well, it wouldnt even support the industry really. Plus for the whole series and EoE, it'd easily be about 400 burgerbux

You'd be absolutely amazed how much they pay for anime BDs in Japan. It's a hobby for rich people

Anno has already made enough money from milking his one successful show for the past 30 years

Who are you to say how much money is enough? Anyway I shouldn't be hypocritical I pirate anime myself but I intend to eventually buy BDs of at least everything I watch

>streaming
>physical

Please kill yourself or lurk moar.

I hope you don't watch more than 2 series a season or we'd be talking about spending 600-1600 USD every 3 months

Because anime cater to a "niche audience" compared to Hollywood releases. Every single anime is expensive by western standards. 2episodes of your seasonal garbage costs 80 bucks.

I've watched probably 50 series or so by now but I'm a richfag I can afford it. If you only pirate anime I think it would be good to buy at least your favorite

Well, if it WAS niche seasonal garbage I could understand, but this is one of the most well known and critically acclaimed (except EoE) animes out there. Not to mention that its not just the BDs either, its the whole series in any form that's hard to come by. And if is to be believed, wouldn't they have made more so its not so rare?

Supply would exist if the demand did, but apparently that isnt the case so..

Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /lit/, & /k/ would like to have a word with you

What exactly is it youre referring to here? The demand for books and video games in physical form is minor. Just because a few shut ins want stuff in physical form doesnt mean that it makes sense from an economic standpoint. Demand doesnt mean that "I would rather buy the physical than the digital version". It means "I would only be interested in buying the physical version" or "be way less likely to buy the digital version". No clue about /k/ but I mean, not sure how much sense it makes to compare weapons to Blurays.

What's with this 30 years old meme?

This This This This This We need more Mari!

Well every board faces a situation where something desired is needlessly short-supplied. Recently on Sup Forums there was that shit with the Mini-NES and Mini-SNES where they made enough to fill preorders and then stopped manufacturing altogether. Not everything follows simple logic like supply and demand. Creating scarcity for artificial inflation is one thing, but some companies just dont manufacture things because fuck you, I guess?

>The demand for books and video games in physical form is minor
Except it's not, especially for video games. Physical copies of games and often books are commonplace if and the same price if not cheaper than their inferior ddl counterparts.

I'm re-watching the series again and I'm convinced this is one of the greatest works of art to ever exist. I've never been moved with such a multitude of emotion by anything else. Likely nothing in my lifetime will portray human psychology and let me explore my own in a deeper way. I have Sup Forums to thank for telling me about it.

[citation needed]

Please show me a study that shows that video game or book sales would increase drastically if they were more commonly available in physical form

I will, again, refer to the fact that people on Sup Forums are not what anyone should consider a reasonable source. Just because a dozen autists on that board want A or B does not mean that the overall demand is big enough to make a difference. Restarting production process costs quite a bit of money if you didnt plan it beforehand, so the amount of people who are still interesting in purchasing the product needs to be fairly sizeable.

Physical book sales have been rising. Ebooks are good only for pirating. Nobody wants to pay $9 for a shitty epub or pdf.

just torrent it

>Just because a dozen autists on that board want A or B does not mean that the overall demand is big enough to make a difference
They barely made enough to fill preorders. Most of which were scalpers anyway, and then made one more very small batch, which again just barely filled preorders and a LOT of people outside of Sup Forums and /vr/ were bitching about it. You would think that with the vocal demand for the Mini-NES, you would THINK they wouldn't pull the same shit with the SNES, right? Besides, digital relies on too many fucking factors, like not having your HDD wiped, having a proper internet connection to download them (see Australia with their 3 day game downloads), and hoping the place you got it from doesnt go down for good.

>new book smell
But also fuck paying the same price for an e-book or digital copy. Plus, if someone else wants to see it, you cant just give it to them.

Should've preordered these BDs.

>streaming
>phoneposting
You really need to go back to your crunchyroll forum faggot

I asked for you to cite things, not make some worthless claim. And physical book sales going up also does not mean that its the demand that is required. If 100% of people would buy a physical book and 99% of them would also buy digital ones, then it makes no sense to still sell physical copies since the demand almost stays the same even though you selling a product that people like less. If people really were so adamant to get their hands on physical copies, the ebooks and Steam wouldnt be a thing. However tehy are because ultimately people dont care. The demand for the product wouldnt drastically increase if the production focus would change.

>like not having your HDD wiped, having a proper internet connection to download them (see Australia with their 3 day game downloads), and hoping the place you got it from doesnt go down for good.
None of these things are relevant to the average customer, though. Hell, Id claim that they arent even relevant to 95%+ of the potential customer base. Almost every single civilized nation on this planet has internet fast enough to stream 1080p, HDD dying isnt an issue since you can just redownload the product and I highly doubt that your average consumer assumes that a service like amazon, steam, netflix or spotify is ever gonna die.

>Why in the hell is this series so expensive to get physical
US havent got re-release for ages
>Not to mention most streaming sites dont have it either
A) Most streaming sites do have it
B) >Ever streaming anything

>If people really were so adamant to get their hands on physical copies, the ebooks and Steam wouldnt be a thing.
People also like commodities. They like things that are new and exciting. If you market anything as the new hot shit, its going to get popular one way or another. Even normal, average consumers are getting annoyed by Steam's DRM shit. Ebooks arent as popular because they arent the same as a physical book. Sure you'll get people with their own preferences, but its not just a matter of whether its digital or physical, they literally arent the same product. CD sales are in a similar boat. MP3 was marketed as the new shit, so people jumped on that boat and CDs went the way of the dodo and record companies stopped making quality CDs which leads to even less people buying them.

>would increase drastically
That was never a part of this argument, all you said was the demand for it is minor. But the fact that stores still stock video games and books proves that there is, in fact, a large enough demand to merit shelf space.

This, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to say something reasonable in this thread.

No, the point of this argument was not about demand existing, it was to prove that demand past a certain point existed to warrant physical sales of the products in question here (EVAs Bluray collection for example).

If company X would generate a high enough return from offering more physical copies of game or book A, then you can bet your left testical that theyd do it. But no matter what you might think, this clearly does not seem to be the case. Otherwise the industry wouldnt look the way it does.

>implying localized releases actually support the industry

If Rei can be cloned free of charge then so can the series.

Anyway here's your series OP. If you want physical copies then just get a BR burner and some blanks.

nyaa.si/?f=0&c=1_2&q=evangelion

well obviously