I'm screaming inside
Charlotte, where are you?
Why did you leave me here?
I miss you
Charlotte

WAKE ME UP
(WAKE ME UP INSIDE)(I CAN'T WAKE UP)
(WAKE ME UP INSIDE)(SAVE ME)

I want Princess Charlotte to ride a white horse, look down on me and say 'commoner sucm'

Am I a pervert?

Show me your pripri.

But user, that would be LEWD!

No Bingo this week, for anyone wondering

No wonder Ange wanted to elope with Princess so badly; she felt guilty as fuck for (accidentally) forcing her to lose her identity to take a shitty one.

Chise on the tree like a bat was a "fresh off the boat" moment, and Gazelle allowing her face to be shown due to the flower girl classifies as "Useless henchmen".

>No wonder Ange wanted to elope with Princess so badly; she felt guilty as fuck for (accidentally) forcing her to lose her identity to take a shitty one.
That's not all. She wanted to be together with Princess since they were kids. She also didn't really care about her country anymore so she had no reason to stay.

Smack with a faggot, gonna get smacked like a faggot

You have to keep in mind that Ange too was forced out of her identity; a guaranteed comfortable life as a princess. She has good bunch of reasons to hate her ill fate and the street girl who stole what is rightfully hers. It's surprising Ange seems to have no hard feeling against the princess. Whether she is hiding something or not is up to us to find out later

You can change beato bullying for loli bullying.

>Gazelle allowing her face to be shown due to the flower girl classifies as "Useless henchmen".

Nah, the veil was competent as fuck, it's just that the pickpocket was a good counter to it.

You could say the pickpocket failing to pick her pocket was her being an unknowing useless henchman, but she was also unknowingly fulfilling her actual purpose anyway.

That's not true. Ange doesn't care about what happened to her; she only cares about Princess and that's why she felt guilty.

You're making no sense. Ange has no reason to hate Princess because the later didn't stole her title. The revolution was to blame. Princess doesn't even like being the princess.

10/10 episode

Correct.

>Help! The Princess has been horribly disfigured in an explosion!

The veil was a great idea because not only hid her face but also it prevented her lips to be read.

I hope we get to see Ange's suffering as the street rat life.
I honestly don't care about pampered princess life who has to learn dancing and shit woe is me.

Now to wait for the reveal that Ange is impersonating Charlotte based on information that Control tortured out of the real Charlotte after Princess fucked up.

There was a dress mission.

This is how democracy dies.

>I hope we get to see Ange's suffering as the street rat life.
She wasn't a street rat. She ended up in the orphanage right after the revolution, and was picked up by Control from there.

Who gives a fuck? I want Princess to rule over my penis.

She's incompetent because she didn't think that maybe the pickpocket had been instructed by an enemy spy.

>wide verdant expanses of green in front
>cramped slums running all the way up to the rear wall
Why is the royal residence located directly adjacent to peasant dwellings?

kek

From what I know it wasn't uncommon for housing to happen right outside walls, due to the security provided by them. Or something.

It wasn't "dancing and shit".
Think about it: suppose you're kidnapped and forced to impersonate an architect and if you fuck it up you'll be killed. You had to give up your identity, your peaceful life and your rest to learn how to draw buildings, forever.
It's a miracle Princess didn't kill herself due to the stress and the fear.

>ended up in the orphanage right after the revolution

So, The Hannibal Rising then

It was all under her assumption she'd got killed, no one would care if she's not the prodigy as long as she can do fine on basic level.
In exchange she got guaranteed meals, luxury dress and warm bed forever.

The episode explicitly showed that there was actually a long walk between the castle and the slum, through some sort of sewage or small cannel whatever you call it. They were not directly adjacent

In my country the president's home residence is located in the middle of one of the worst zones in the city: prostitutes, beggars, vagrants, the equivalent to crack houses, slum taverns, everything you can imagine and even worse. I have no idea why

This. I know faking princess is a tough job but it's Ange who got worse. God knows what must had happened to naive little fallen princess in slum. It's Charlotte who should feel guilty and seek for forgiveness, not Ange

>slum
Man you're annoying. The other user already told you she didn't live in the slums. She ended in the orphanage, when Control picked her up not long after.

heh

Except for the fact that there was a revolution so all the eyes and ears were open, and that Princess' crime was one punishable by death.
She couldn't afford herself to commit any mistake.

Their relationship is definitely too one-sided, but Ange just feels too guilty to ever ask anything of Princess now.

>city has some sort of resource that allows it to rapidly expand and become prosperous
>eventually becomes one of the grand cities of the country; possibly even a capital
>because of its wealth, it attracts all the dregs of society
>eventually massive ghettos and shitholes form

It's part of all part of a cycle user

And you seriously think it was all nice and comfy for a little princess suddenly has to undergone spy training for survival?

Why would they execute the princess for not performing well? If they truly wanted to eliminate her, they would just do it.

No. You're the one arguing over who suffered more and whatnot. That's irrelevant. Both had it tough. That's all there is to it.

>all the anons in last thread who still couldn't tell who was who after the episode practically beato us over the head with it

I'm starting to think that the IQ meme might actually have some truth to it.

>It was all under her assumption she'd got killed, no one would care if she's not the prodigy as long as she can do fine on basic level.
The whole problem was that she was a fucking urchin and couldn't perform at a basic level expected of someone who was supposed to have been practicing this shit from birth.
She'd have been hanging from the gallows if anybody figured out she was a commoner impersonating a royal.

I think it's pretty relevant. It shows a lot about Ange's character. She chooses to glorify Princess' suffering and completely ignore her own, which is arguably worse.

She's not glorifying anything, retard. Ange feels responsible because she was the one who asked to swap clothes in the first place.

This will never happen to you.

Does this happen in the present day UK as well?

She's only justified on feeling guilty if Princess was worse off after the switch. If Ange suffered more, then she shouldn't feel guilty.

I decided to check the episode's comment sections on different anime streaming websites.
Unsurprisingly, nearly everyone was genuinely shocked about Ange and Princess' switch, even when we knew about it since episode 2.

I forget, but didn't they explicitly call each other the opposite names at the end of the episode, or the sole evidence for the switch was the letter? People might have missed it if it was only the letter.

She's justified on feeling guilty because it was very much her fault they ended up living each other's lives, as it was her idea to do the swapping. Whether Ange suffered more is irrelevant.

Yes they did. And during episode 3's prologue too.

performing well wasnt the actual goal.
she needed to perform well to convince people she was the real princess so she wouldnt get executed as a spy

>nearly everyone was genuinely shocked about Ange and Princess' switch
Did you honestly expect anything else from a bunch of streamfags?

She constantly emphasizes how much Princess suffered due to the switch, indicating that's the reason why she feels guilty. If Princess had lived a life of luxury without any pressure or resposibility, there's no reason to think Ange would feel guilty at all.

Its impressive how many times this needs to be explained and repeated when it was explicitly brought up word by word in the episode.

Why would people around her randomly suspect the princess was a spy because she didn't perform her duties adequately? It just doesn't make sense.

It is a fact that Princess had a hard time living as a princess, but the reason Ange takes responsibility is because it's literally her responsibility.

Ange doesn't have any responsibility for the street girl living a privileged princess life. She's already compensated more than enough for living under pressure and etc

translation?

Because you cant unlearn a language overnight
You suddenly don't go from reading books as a hobby to being illiterate and barely able to read
You suddenly wont forget skills you used to have overnight

They might think something is odd with the princess, find out its not really the princess after digging into it and execute her for trying to infiltrate the royal family

The street girl went though hell living that privileged life. And Ange feels responsible because she was literally the one who asked to swap places in the first place. There's no getting around that.

>randomly
there was a revolution.

is it so far fetched for a little girl to worry what they might do to her if they found out she was a fake?

Did any of you actually see this plot twist coming?

Am I retarded for not seeing it coming?

I didnt exactly call it but I wasn't surprised one bit. The foreshadowing was all there so it wasnt surprising one bit.

Did anyone make a webm/gif of chise sneezing while hanging on that tree? It was really cute

All those can be atributed to trauma.. It's not like a 7 yo girl can't have a sudden personality change due to her parents being murdered. It's a giant leap to think that she's a spy just because of bad performance when there are more plausible alternative explanations.

It makes more sense if you consider that it was a internal fear of hers, instead of a real outside threat.

thanks user.
please accept this gift as a token of my gratitude

What plot twist
we already knew this since ep 2

It was barely a plot twist, it was pretty much revealed on episode 2-3. You didn't pay attention at all.

your thinking with the perspective of an outsider.

like said, it's what ange thought at the time that matters

Technically was a dress mission because Ange had to pose as Princess at least once.

So do you think a 7 year old girl will think "Ahhh I can do whatever now and live the easy life!" right after having her parents killed and losing her only friend after switching places with her?

She was scared for her own life and scared of what they'd do to her if she found out she didn't belong there and what she did to her friend so she was forced to abandon herself completely and pretend to be the perfect princess in order to stay alive.

then the initial statement from >It's a miracle Princess didn't kill herself due to the stress and the fear.
is still valid

>no Beato bullying
Worst episode!

i want to lick the vomit out of hime-sama's mouth

>tinyrick.jpg

Ange a shit and the worst girl.

I mean I didn't catch for sure that the princess's name was actually Ange or that everyone else thought her name was Charlotte back in ep 2-3 but I still knew they were swapped just from Ange being called Charlotte.

Indeed, such a retard

Most people didn't bother reading the letter.

Princess can't into spying.

Do people just not watch the episode or watch it on 3x speed?

How come everyone missed this whole scene and Ange's explanation on it? If you're a 7-year old commoner kid with no parents and family and everyone around you is constantly going on how commoners are the devil and that they should crush them all then of course she'd try her hardest to be accepted as a noble.

>there are people, in this thread, right now, who think this

Lads. This anime is good.

>I've had official business nonstop for days; it's been suffocating
>When you're a princess, sometimes you just need to get outside
>Surely, you would understand that, Ange?

Cheeky cunt. I wonder if someone else on the team started being suspicious because of this line.

We all knew it immediately after the first episode but yes thanks for reminding us

A little bit of wasted potential, but it's still good.

That sure was a well aimed jab. Its no wonder she immediately accepted her demands and let her do what she wanted.

If Ange and Princess look alike, is it possible that they are related in some way?

Who knows, that would actually be a plot twist, but it would really feel like out of nowhere at this point.

Foreshadowing for what? Bleeding hymen?

Ange is Charlotte from the future