Akira's a savage

akira's a savage

You know, I just recently realized how sexist this scene was. Back when I was a kid, I just saw it as the usual beatdown between two fighters just like many we had before with Gohan vs Recoome or Vegeta vs Frieza.

But the community kept going on about the implications and I see their point. Videl became a lot more submissive after just this one fight. Previously, I thought she just had the usual Roshi or Yamcha syndrome where human characters fade into the background, though as they pointed out, it seems to have some connection to the fight with Spopovich.

Funny when you learn how dumb a lot of shows you watch from childhood really is.

You don't think it makes sense that you'd be less keen to fight and more withdrawn after being beaten to within an inch of your life by a sadistic, hulking psychopath? Where's the sexism there?

>You know, I just recently realized how sexist this scene was
hey look a feminist attentionwhore

so you saying women should not fight equaly in a tournament,
"sexist" she says .... pathetic

you should see the manga versions of a lot of the more violent scenes. the one random guy the android version of Gero drains at the neck in the anime, gets his throat bloodily crunched into a pulp in the manga. pretty sure Videl's throttling got toned down too.

What the fuck happened to this type of shit? It was brutal but that was a pretty good damn moment in Dragon Ball.

In the manga she lost some teeth but in the anime they had more scene where is punched.

Not an argument, underage-kun.

Except that other guy didn't even make a point.

Gohan got beaten up a lot over the series and still continued with determination. There's also Krillin, who not only suffered beatings but is shown to be far behind all relevant fighters yet still persists. Even Yamcha took a while before he gave up.

When Videl was introduced, she was shown to be keen in growing stronger but after the Spopovich fight, all that passion looked like it disappeared.

>Gohan got beaten up a lot over the series and still continued with determination
Until he more or less gave up and settled down with a family
>There's also Krillin, who not only suffered beatings but is shown to be far behind all relevant fighters yet still persists
Until he more or less gave up and settled down with a family
>Even Yamcha took a while before he gave up
Barely even worth mentioning yamcha, but yes, he also pussied out. Literally the only aspect you have to justify any sexism is the span of time it took for them all to eventually putter out. Not exactly convincing.

because videl was to krillin what krillin was to fucking buu you imbecile. who else would she have fought? and the buu saga canonically took place in like 1 day

at least krillin had a role in the Z fighters which were still a thing in the frieza and android/cell sagas

in the buu saga it was gotenks and gohan and goku and that was it, they were miles above everyone else

Gohan was beaten even worse then her as a fucking toddler.
He was actually killed on namek and would have fucking died if not for the senzu.
She chose NOT to get out of the fucking ring and probably fight to the death FOR FUCKING PRIDE!!
If that dude hadn't been magicalyl powered that kick that she used to snap his neck would have killed him.
She'd rather murder that dude then fucking quit a meaningless match.

Good job on activating that trap card. Too bad, it has no effect.

>ifunny

I don't know if this is actual bait or just the poster being ironic.

>Vegeta and Goku get beaten up in much worse ways throughout the series
>People still act like Videl's scene was anything special

If by submissive you mean less of a bitch then yeah. And she should have humbled up. She realised that her sort of boyfriend is part of a legion of fighters that could crush this person who beat the shit out of her. She only really lost her personality in Super.Youre grasping at straws.

You know, I just recently realized how invaded by Sup Forums this place is. Now kindly take yourself back to Sup Forums and never come back.

How was she a bitch? I actually thought she was pretty cool at first.

You know, I just recently realized how sexist this scene was. Back when I was a kid, I just saw it as the usual beatdown between two fighters just like many we had before with Guts vs Zodd or Griffith vs Charlotte.

But the community kept going on about the implications and I see their point. Casca became a lot more submissive after just this one fight. Previously, I thought she just had the usual Sakura or Orihime syndrome where female characters fade into the background, though as they pointed out, it seems to have some connection to the fight with Femto.

Funny when you learn how dumb a lot of shows you watch from childhood really is.

I like Videl. She was kind of an asshole to Gohan for no reason though. She only warmed up to him later.

You know, I just recently realized how sexist this scene was. Back when I was a kid, I just saw it as the usual beatdown between two fighters just like many we had before with Shield vs Lance or Shield vs Pope.

But the community kept going on about the implications and I see their point. Bitchie became a lot more submissive after just this one fight. Previously, I thought she just had the usual Sakura or Orihime syndrome where female characters fade into the background, though as they pointed out, it seems to have some connection to the fight with Shield.

You know, I just recently realized how sexist this scene was. Back when I was a kid, I just saw it as the usual beatdown between two fighters just like many we had before with Lancer vs. Archer or Shirou vs Shinji.

But the community kept going on about the implications and I see their point. Saber became a lot more submissive after just this one fight. Previously, I thought she just had the usual Rin or Illya syndrome where human characters fade into the background, though as they pointed out, it seems to have some connection to the fight with Gilgamesh.

Mocking my post using actual misogynistic shows doesn't make your point any better, samefag.

>Make a stupid statement
>get blown the fuck out
>cry muh soggy knees

Unironically go back to Tumblr

Tons of it around. Watch more anime.

>actual misogynistic shows

>Fate is now misogynistic
LOL
How does it feel being this BTFO

>people like this actually exist

people are actually falling for this
jesus christ

Did Sup Forumsposter make a new copypasta?

What anime?

Berserk 1997

Never change guys

Spotted the dumb woman

leave

>woman
>watching DBZ in their childhood

That was almost purely a boy's show.

This is why we should execute all women.

Well he's not entirely wrong.

>Well I'm not entirely wrong.
ftfy

>I just recently realized how sexist this scene was
How? Spopovich fought without considerations or handicap just because she was a girl. How its sexist to consider a woman on equal grounds as a man?

It's not sexist. It's actually patently false to consider this a fair fight in any context besides fiction. Can you imagine what a fight between some roided-up wrestler of Spopovich's size and basically any female fighter in the world would look like? Spopovich just acted accordingly to his world's standards and rules.

Nope, I'm a filthy phoneposter but I'm no samefag.

Yeah, it was really sexy.

fuck off

>shirou doesn't want a woman to fight
>that means he hates women
You may stretch this a him being sexist, but since when did sexist and misogynistic became synonyms? this overreach in definitions is exactly why muh soggy knees has less and less impact every time some dumb tumblrite blurts it out for seemingly everything they dislike or disagree with.

Maury Spopovich

>actual misogynistic shows
Fuck off back to tumblr. Your people are not welcome here.

>Videl became a lot more submissive after just this one fight

You mean, she learnt her place?

Why did you stop liking shows just because they're sexist?
At some point I think you'll realize how retarded you sound when you think a show is dumb because it's not socially acceptable in modern days. DBZ is dumb in many ways, but not because of something you're desperately searching through an ideological lens.