Tsuki ga Kirei thread

I think I might kill myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JHVqxD8PNq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I think I might kill myself.
You've been reading too much Dazai again.

If youre above the age of 60 then it probably makes sense since nothing in your life time will be able to surpass the purest lovestory ever told. However, if youre younger then that I'd suggest to wait it out.

60 is a bit hopeful. 35+ seems like lost cause territory user.

Atleast I can feel alive again after seeing hussies like Chinatsu get BTFO.

Curly-kun was the Chad all along.

Why? This is maximum healing.

I mean, hadnt it been for the few bits of love triangle and the "moving away" part then this could probably have been classified as Iyashikei considering that almost every single probably was resolved in its respective episode.

If it is healing, then why do I have this crushing emptiness inside since finishing it?

never forget

Because you overhealed. Should have used a raidmeter to tell your healer in time that hes doing a bad job.

I was suppose to last year but vidya and manga/anime keep reeling me in back for more!

>you will never have love

Not possible when all you do is set behind your computer haha

Literally me in the background.

Try to remember that everything is going right in stories like this. In real life, things go wrong and love dies. Nobody gets to have a perfect story like this. Just watch, imagine, and pretend it was you.

>Nobody gets to have a perfect story like this
People kept saying this in the thread yet I know about half a dozen couples that have been together ever since they were 14-15, and we are all almost 30 by now. Most of them are married and have kids.

Well you have to remember where you are.

is this series good? it looks shinkai-esque.

I thought it was just okay. Is it just that watching too much animu makes you lower your standards that makes people love this so much?

>it looks shinkai-esque
If it was Sup Forums would have been burned to the ground on the day of the final EP. At least thats what I chose to believe. Ive had rarely seen people be as legitimately happy before as they were on 29th of june.

probably, I stepped away for a few months over the last fall/winter seasons and everything is so bad now

How does watching more lower your standards? If anything it raises them because youve also watched everything that is actually good, unless all you watch is sequels of the same series. My best guess is that youre either too young to fully appreciate it or suffer from ADHD and are used to constant shonen action.

>How does watching more lower your standards?
This was an incredibly bog standard love story not even told in an interesting way.
And every time people praise they just say how it doesn't have annoying conventions of anime.

Something halfway okay can appear great when compared to shit.

Good that its writing and audio design are exceptional compaired to almost anything romance that is considered "great". And no, before you go there: Touch is not a good show.

don't worry user just keep wanting comfy anime and eventually your brain will melt and you will truly believe that you exist in the 2d universe

>How does watching more lower your standards?
If you expose yourself to too much shit you start to get used to that as the norm.

>Good that its writing and audio design are exceptional compaired to almost anything romance that is considered "great"
I assume you are not talking about the core story when you talk about the writing because that was as generic as it gets.

Also again this can never stand up on its own. It always has to be about how much shit you watched.
This is my entire point. You just think it is great because you are used to shit.

That only is the case if all you watch is shit.

A story being generic is absolutely irrelevant. Execution when it comes to romance is infinitely more important. Romance as a genre is impossible to be original, in case you didnt realize that. There arent any sick, mind-fuck twists you can pull. The basic plot of a romance always simple and "boring".

>You just think it is great because you are used to shit
Projecting a bit too hard here, especially since I usually drop 90% of the seasonal anime that I start and just jump back to by backlog. Then again, I guess since most anime is shit I definitely am used to shit, but that doesnt change the fact that being used to shit means that you cant remember the decent/good stuff you watched. If you werent able to remember it you wouldnt even be able to identify the shit for it is.

>Execution when it comes to romance is infinitely more important
Oh it is perfectly executed don't get me wrong.
Its the most bland and boring way to go about it though. I can't say I am particularly cultured or are good at predicting stories and yet every single story beat was predictable from the outset. To a ridiculous degree. Like I could just watch the first episode and I would've gotten the same out of it as watching the whole thing.

I don't know how to explain it since you don't seem to get what I am saying.
Imagine someone drawing a perfectly round circle. Its impressive to be able to that but its not an exciting painting.
The amount of praise that this gets means people have never seen a halfway decent story.

>The amount of praise that this gets means people have never seen a halfway decent story.
What is a half way decent story that gets told in 12 episodes. Give it to me, since my entire top list of anime is basically story telling shows.

YOU FUCKING DID IT AGAIN
You can't defend this fucking story without saying how shitty everything else is.

What you just did is my entire point.

No I simply cant be bothered to read your post right now so I flew over it and went for the last to read that analogy.

>No I simply cant be bothered to read your post right now
Then don't even respond in the first place.

I mean the style.

But you specfically talk about good storytelling so I simply wanted you to name something since I am pretty sure that I am fairly aware of almost all the shows that can be considered to have good writing.

Sup Forums isn't for requests.

So basically you have no clue what youre talking about, gotcha. Using the "I dont spoonfeed" strat really doesnt work here when its you who makes the initial claim.

>So basically you have no clue what youre talking about, gotcha
Which was your point of that request in the first place.
So you would've shut down everything anyway.

I don't care what you think about me. For me this discussion is just about Tsuki ga Kirei

Request threads*

Underrated.
>captcha: stop

Not really. There are plenty of shows you could list that Id acknowledge. The thing is that what I get from you is that the story was boring, but like I said there isnt a single romance that isnt boring per se. The premise of the entire genre is boring by default. What makes it good is the cast. Now if youd say you didnt like the show because you thought that the cast was autistic I couldnt even refute that. The cast is passive as hell and if thats a problem to you then I would perfectly understand why you disliked the show. However, bringing up the plot progression, when the pacing of this show is probably one of its biggest upsides and something that is rarely seen in the genre, just doesnt make a lot of sense to me. Unless you like overly drawn out LN adaptations in which case Id accuse you of a severe case of shit taste.

>What makes it good is the cast
Both main characters are incredibly boring and cliche. Nothing special. Nothing going on. Usually some quirk is enough to make them stand out even a ltitle.
The rest of the cast can be good but they are not really important for most of the story. And when they are their role is also as generic as it gets. Like the two "rivals".
>that is rarely seen in the genre,
Again we are back here.
The only argument people can make about this is that it is "good when compared to most of anime". 90% of everything is crap. So it is just okay. Its just decent.
Which I acknowledged from the start.
My question is why this is not seen as okay or just the baseline for a good story but as an extraordinary achievement that makes people wanna kill themselves.

My point is that this story is generic even in a vacuum. Even just knowing that there are such a thing as love stories this is exactly what I imagine.
I couldn't ever get immersed in this story. Even though I can in much worse executed ones because this one is just so empty and soulless.

After watching Kuzu no Honkai and White Album 2, this was just the kind of healing I needed.

It was a double edged sword for me.

It was just what I was looking for but now I find myself wanting more, and it just doesn't exist.

>boring and cliche
Which is very far from true considering the landscape of the genre. But as I stated, if you dislike them that is fine. However, they are very far from generic and the opposite of cliche.

>good when compared to most of anime
Its just the logical thing to do since this is an animeboard. I wont compare this to a fully fleshed out RL romance show since those already have 45 minute episodes, tehrefore twice the duration for a single season and hardly ever end there. I makes equally little sense to compare it to real life movies. Even if I did, it would actually be easier to prove why this is so special. There is no way in hell a bunch of child actor can portray this sort of character behavior as well as drawing.

>why this is not seen as okay
To me personally, this sort of story will never be found any other form because its impossible to do. No real actor will ever be able to pull this off in such a manner. This awkward behavior of middle schoolers is something that can exclusively be achieved through drawings, which is why its so special and only comparable to anime.

>However, they are very far from generic and the opposite of cliche.
How? I thought the MCs and their actions and emotions were very weak so maybe I am overlooking some depth here.

And again my problem is with the core story.
Now there needs to be a female rival so the main Female can get jealous/angry.
Now there needs to be a male rival so the main Male can get jealous/angry.
Now there needs to be some outside dramatic conflict so the girl has to move.

Nothing actually interesting ever happens.
To make this clear. None of that executed poorly. But neither is anything executed in any outstanding way either.
I really really wanna get the appeal of this one.

Maybe Just Because will give us our fix next season.

>How?
Romances are usually created to be drawn out. Having a confession by e3 is incredibly uncommon. The MC actually stepping up in various eps (3,7,10), in the way he did, are fairly uncommon. Same can be said about the fact that both characters actually have hobbies and goals, fairly uncommon ones at that (at least Kotaru sure as hell does). Their portrayal, in form of shadow boxing the lamp etc, is also far from cliche. Thats something you rarely ever, if ever see on screen. The only thing cliche about this is that you wouldnt expect it to be shown on screen, which in itself already makes it unique.

>Now there needs to be a female rival so the main Female can get jealous/angry.
>Now there needs to be a male rival so the main Male can get jealous/angry.
While I understand why you dislike this, it should be said that these aspects were fairly minor. I definitely would prefer for this to vanish from the genre completely as well, but if its reduced to a minimum (as it was here) tbats already good enough. The fact that it isnt just the friends, but also the parent to have an impact, already adds an additional layer of character interaction that isnt related to rivals. It should be said though that love triangles have been a staple part of genre forever, not just in anime but in general. Probably because its the only reason you can really spice up the whole relationship I dont know.

>Nothing actually interesting ever happens.
What is interesting is the unique approach and the way the characters and thier story are being handled. If that is not interesting to you then theres not much that can be done about it. The same way other people cant find interest in mecha, just to give another example. I think the question that should be asked here: What would you consider to be an interesting approach to pure romance? Since I figure that is the issue. If romance is an subgenre of a fantasy show its easier to make it "interesting" through the help of the setting.

God I hope so.

>What would you consider to be an interesting approach to pure romance?
Anything where I am not sure what will happen. Any twist. Any story beat that surprises me in any way.
Or just anything where there is a real problem. Something that can't be fixed easily. Something were not everyone wins.

There is no real conflict in this story.

>There is no real conflict in this story
>half the series is Curly-kun trying to get into his GF's high school because he doesn't want to lose her forever

But you know that won't work since that is heavily foreshadowed and you know their relationship isn't over and it will work out.

If it actually didn't work and if they actually lost their relationship then maybe I would've cared for a second about that.

>and you know their relationship isn't over and it will work out.
I didn't. I was actually expecting them to break up and make a pact to get together when they were adults or something.

I didn't really like Akane at first, but in the second half she was good. And are phones really that big a deal in normalfags' lives?

>I didn't.
But that would add so much to other characters. Like his teacher and her older sister both telling them that was a bad idea. And her mother's arc would've made no sense if it actually worked out.
Everything pointed towards him not getting into that school and everything pointed towards there still being a happy end and them not breaking up

Maybe if the rivals were handled better I could see a sort of split up. But as it stood at that point there was no way these characters could end up with anyone else.

It's a nice straight forward romance without forced drama, NTR, status quo resetting, MISUNDERSTANDINGS, and other things that can drag the experience down. You don't see very many of those, especially these days.

>forced drama, NTR, status quo resetting, MISUNDERSTANDINGS
You can just say melodrama user.

>It's a nice straight forward romance without forced drama, NTR, status quo resetting, MISUNDERSTANDINGS, and other things that can drag the experience down.
That is just the stuff it doesn't have. Which is good. It has nothing to drag the basic love story down. But it also has nothing that elevates it.

youtube.com/watch?v=JHVqxD8PNq8

>But it also has nothing that elevates it.
Well that's good, because nobody is calling it the greatest love story ever told. It's just slice of life which is fine too. I prefer slice of life to melodrama.

Oh so we have the same stance on it then since I thought it was perfectly decent slice of life.

Just you always get attacked when you say its just okay and not amazing.

I thought it was better than okay, I thought it was very good, "not the absolute best, better than everything else" is not the same as "alright".

What elevates it above okay?
And don't say everything else being shit and stuff it doesn't. What is actually in the story that elevates it above okay?

>What elevates it above okay
The fact I enjoyed it more than most things.

>Eh...
>Uh
>Uhm

Masterpiece.

>Masterpiece.
Literally one of 10 school romance anime where the kids actually act like kids and not like retarded adults.

There are so many where they act like kids
Are you just shy and think every fucking child has to be shy?

One of the reasons, yes

It's more atmosphere, than drama.
It's more about characters, than plot.
It's more about the little things, than epic scenes.
It's like enjoying a sunny afternoon with someone you like.

>It's like enjoying a sunny afternoon with someone you like.
What does that feel like?