GuP

Did Maho ever find out about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ytsrsj.mkv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not canon

You're not canon

Do you require OP to add "in this specific mango" before you stop replying to every mango related post in the same fashion?

Then read the manga

I'm the canon husband of Ami.

OK, if it makes you feel better...
Think she ever found out in Phase Erika?
Or in RW, Maginot, MLLSD, Little army or any other manga in which Erika MIGHT have slapped Miho without the reader noticing?

I'm not OP, it's just another example of a retard that constantly replies with "it's not canon" as if you shouldn't be able to post anything outside of the anime, in which case these threads shouldn't be around in the first place considering the mango is ongoing while the anime isn't. At least not until a new movie comes out.

Why would it even matter if a spin-off is "canon" or not? Who cares anyway?

The only reason people care about canon is because the spin off manga add a lot of character traits and OC do not steal characters in that aren't present in the anime. Canon and non-canon are two very different universes. A lot of characters that are likeable in canon become obnoxious or edgy for no reason in some spin offs, especially in things like Ribbon Warrior and Rabu Rabu.

Having a spin off as the OP discussion is just asking for trouble, as it doesn't represent the canon series at all. (PE I'd still a good read so far though)

well, most of the girls don't get much charcterization in the anime, though.

While I agree that the manga add or change certain stuff regarding the girls, like Darjeeling's over the top but still qt gayness in motto love love, I still don't see how making a thread with the OP from a spin-off is asking for trouble? It's not some touchy topic, just part of the series' official media.
It's a GuP thread afterall and just because some autists can't contain themselves doesn't mean other people need to somehow take care to not offend them. Spamming "NUH UH, NOT CANON" is the reason why this trouble arose in the first place, not because it's spin-off related material that gets posted.

As blank a canvas as they may be, it's not up to third parties to decide on what the characters are like. And I think the majority gets upset with the changes to main characters rather than adding traits to side ones, mostly the fact that simple and likeable characters suddenly become raging homosexuals for absolutely no reason. GuP is waifus and tanks, it's not really made for /u/shits and the people who claim it is are why people start these huge non-canon shitstorms, to the point that innocent spin-offs like LA, PE, Maginot ect. get dragged into the same category. I personally know a few Yukarifags who detest RR for this reason, she went from looking up to Miho and the Nishizumis in general for being pros at Senshadou to a total dyke who virtually ignores tank stuff just because Miho is around. RR has some fantastic skits when it tries to be comedy but the yuri sections really are horrible to read through if you don't fantasize about that stuff in the first place.

You used to get entire threads that we're pretty much "wat GuP u ship?" and if you dared to say "But these characters didn't even interact or express any sort of affections towards each other" you'd be met with a Yuri art image dump.

It's not that RR took itself very seriously at any time.
And as you say, in for example Phase Erika and the Maginot manga i don't see the girls acting much out of character.

They don't and it's a damn shame they're sometimes treated with the same disdain the other spin offs are treated with. And while RR didn't take itself seriously to much and it was easy to just skip over what you didn't like due to the 4koma format, you'd get those people who took it much to seriously to the point you'd ask a question about the series only to receive an answer citing a spin off as canon, and when you tell them that the spin off isn't canon. Well here we are now wondering where it all went so wrong.

To be fair, official artworks also often showed various girls VERY close together, like Yukari and Miho or Maho and Erika.

Can we just let this thread die guys? I have a bad feeling that if this goes on for much longer it'll get to a hundred posts on the back of rants about incognito tripfags and disrespecting the characters.

To be fair, a lot of official artworks for a lot of anime showcase female characters very close together, and totally non-lewd shows lewd characters. Official art is just a showcasing of designs and doesn't really speak for the series at all. Not that I mind, official art is always good for my heart and dick.

>incognito tripfags
The ones that contributed on the regular were such good boys, I miss them very much. The rest can just go away though.

Didn't we always have guys here who did nothing more than hating on various garupans, be it Yukari, Erika, Erwin, Momo, Shizuka, whoever?

Be glad that we don't have something worse like the one who plagued the Madoka and Symphogear thread.

Speaking of those who contribute. Any new translated stuff in the last few weeks? I lost track.

I remembered some user TS-ing a drama CD.
a.pomf.cat/ytsrsj.mkv