>>161301962

>This will only be stickied temporarily.
>9 days ago
How do you like your permanent sticky Sup Forums?
Do anybody really feel an improvement?

I'd make Alice permanently sticky, if you know what I mean.

Kino on the front page forever.

My filtered threads went from 12 to 6, but it actually got a bit worse.

22 to 16 for me, I'd say it's a beginning.

That's not how it works.

Considering I pretty much only filter generals yes, it means something.

explain further

Circlejerk generals were a cancer that had to be dealt with. Next up the dragonball/naruto infestation.

See? you're only making a quantitative analysis when the people in generals are less dangerous that new people. Also, you're not even giving a reference time for when you made the sample so you can't say that anytime before the sticky was worse than after the sticky because the amount of people posting changes over a day.

Kill yourself.

>people in generals are less dangerous that new people.
The people in generals are essentially new to Sup Forums. I don't agree with measuring a board's quality by how many threads you filter, but having more random threads as opposed to generals is a good thing.

>more random threads as opposed to generals is a good thing.
Do you know that every new threads kills one old thread?

Isn't that great?
If only I had good ideas to make interesting threads.

Good ideas don't make long lasting threads, template threads make long lasting threads.
If people needs to think about what they are posting obviously the thread will move much more slower than a "ITT" thread.

You don't need a lasting thread. What you need is a population that stops wanting super-large threads. Dumping fanart just to keep the thread afloat or recycling tired memes does not make for good discussion. I say this and I know that I am hypocritical. Memes and low-brow threads are the core of Sup Forums. But it seems to me (and a lot of other people) that the ratio of meaningless memes and dumps to discussion is notably worse in generals than in actually topical threads, and for obvious reasons.

Well generals are bad, but they are not as bad as a bunch of newfags making threads asking for sauce or starting threads with normalfag memes because at least generals are contained and will not delete another thread.
Also, there is nothing wrong with long lasting thread when the people talking about a show is from different countries and they are active at different hours.
>the ratio of meaningless memes and dumps to discussion is notably worse in generals than in actually topical threads
Topical threads as?

>will not delete another thread.
Why do you keep repeating that like it's a bad thing. Threads should die.
>when the people talking about a show is from different countries
They can have different threads. 95% of all long threads are on topic only a tiny fraction of the time.
>Topical threads as?
Any thread that has an interesting topic that actually generates discussion. I don't have one at hand. Again, posting memes is not bad. But when the first 10 replies to a thread are just ceremony (first for X, I want to fuck X, X is my waifu etc), then you can reasonably call it a shit thread.
>but they are not as bad as a bunch of newfags making threads asking for sauce or starting threads with normalfag memes
That's just an appeal to worse problems. I agree that those are bad, but that's not what we are discussing.

I'd really like to see the bump limit dropped to something like 150 again. it would mean chaos for certain kinds of threads, but in general I think quality would improve.

>Any thread that has an interesting topic that actually generates discussion. I don't have one at hand.
So your number of filtered threads are down yet you can't find one thread with interesting topic.
>That's just an appeal to worse problems.
That's the whole point of this discussion You now can see more different threads because the number of generals decreased but you can't find one single "good" thread because the general posters are just making a bunch of different template threads while killing more slower threads.
But I guess you're just a meme lover so who cares.

>your number of filtered threads
That's not me. I don't filter threads.
>you're just a meme lover
Quite the opposite, really.

>I don't filter threads.
That's even worse, why are you even here if you can't find one interesting thread?

>why are you even here if you can't find one interesting thread?
Why do you assume that?
Where did I ever imply that?

>Any thread that has an interesting topic that actually generates discussion. I don't have one at hand
Do you have memory problems?

It's trash.

I'm just back from a weekend of helping my father renovate his house. I don't have 40 tabs open right now. My current Sup Forums session began with this thread.
>I don't have one at hand
does not mean what you think it means.

>blogging as answer

Nice blog.
So you can't even go find one interesting thread?
You can't even find one topical thread?
I guess you're just a shitposter.

I wouldn't have to blog if you could read between the lines. "I don't have one at hand" is never equivalent to "I doubt they exist".
And no, I can't find one right now. Do you want another blog to explain why or can you just accept that I'm currently busy?

Probably because the same threads are there but no tagged the same way. You get he same shit you hate, but don't get it automatically filtered.

Stop replying if you are so busy, dumb shitposter.

You are mad because the sticky killed all those Dragon Ball generals.

Stop responding and report me if you think I'm a shitposter.

But I want to make you waste your precious time in this interesting thread.

So you are trying reverse psychology?
Are you being a tsundere?

>"I don't have one at hand" is never equivalent to "I doubt they exist".
You literally said "you can't find one single "good" thread because the general posters are just making a bunch of different template threads while killing more slower threads."

No, I did not. Perhaps you are confusing me for somebody else. Perhaps you are reading too much into something. But either way, you are mistaken.

I'm just having fun in a mod aproved thread.

As long as mods can keep up the pace, everything's fine.

>As long as mods can keep up the pace
Things that never happen.

Currently it actually does. Of course, there will come a time when the mods start giving less of a shit again because of real life shit. It's inevitable.
But you gotta learn to appreciate the peace and quiet for now while it still lasts.

They already tried several times, everything will return to they way it was before in a month like usual.