Why do we even acknowledge the Old Testament as Christians?

Why do we even acknowledge the Old Testament as Christians?

Shouldn't we just accept the New Testament as the true book of the Christians? Are there even Christian denominations that disavow the Old Testament?

Other urls found in this thread:

henrymakow.com/lucifers_chosen_people.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcion_of_Sinope
thuletempel.org/wb/index.php?title=Hauptseite
germanenherz.wordpress.com/2006/04/18/atlantis-edda-und-bibel-200-000-jahre-germanischer-weltkultur/
germanvictims.com/german-culture/aryan-kings-arier-gott/
glaubenistnichtwissen.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/atlantis-edda-und-bibel-toedliches-wissen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you have to argue any of this, your religion is a fabrication to not only bridge understanding of life and living, but to control those dumb enough to believe it all by scaring them with a consequence that won't happen until they die.

A fabrication?

Jesus existed.

How about no Testaments?

The Old Testament is the chronicle of Salvation History. As St. Augustine put it: "The New Testament is concealed in the Old, the Old Testament is revealed in the New".

All of the Old Testament points to Jesus Christ as Messiah and Son of God. From Adam to Noah to Abraham to Moses to David to Christ, God continually expands His covenant, from one couple to One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

So yes, we must accept the Old Testament.
>inb4 da joos
Those Jews that do not accept Jesus as their Messiah are in rebellion against God. Look at the fiery words Paul has for them.

Christianity started with Jesus teaching Zoroastrianism to the Israelites. But before they were Israelites they were Hebrews, and before that, Habiru. Israelites started as the Habiru: a wandering tribe of varying races, religions, and even languages; nothing united them except the desire to not work or get along in civilization. After a while they chose to create their own civilization in which they could do as they pleased and stop wandering. So they conquered a small plot of land in Canaan (modern-day Palestine). Eventually, this land was named Israel and the Hebrews called themselves "Israelites." But they were the same degenerates! They used civilization and religion to feed their greed and lusts, blaspheming God. Jesus came and you know the rest.

Acknowledge the Old Testament as a reminder of why Judaism is wrong and Christianity, in the proper context and practice, is proper as the new Jewish religion.

>Christianity started with Jesus teaching Zoroastrianism to the Israelites.
retard alert
>But before they were Israelites they were Hebrews, and before that, Habiru.
retard alert
>Israelites started as the Habiru: a wandering tribe of varying races, religions, and even languages; nothing united them except the desire to not work or get along in civilization.
retard alert
>After a while they chose to create their own civilization in which they could do as they pleased and stop wandering. So they conquered a small plot of land in Canaan (modern-day Palestine). Eventually, this land was named Israel and the Hebrews called themselves "Israelites." But they were the same degenerates! They used civilization and religion to feed their greed and lusts, blaspheming God. Jesus came and you know the rest. Acknowledge the Old Testament as a reminder of why Judaism is wrong and Christianity, in the proper context and practice, is proper as the new Jewish religion.
retard alert

fuck the old and new

heil odin

hahaha without the story of abraham and isaac how would you know to teleologically suspend the ethical to ascend to the absolute hahaha
the nerve of this guy

Reminder nu-pagans are a result of posting too many Chad memes, you dudes are embarassing

>Christianity started with Jesus teaching Zoroastrianism to the Israelites.
Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." - Luke 23:43

The concept of Heaven being as a Paradise originates with the Zoroastrian religion. The very "paradise" originates from its Holy language, Avestan. The Old Testament doesn't teach that Heaven is a great place you can go to after dying. You simply go into death, or Sheol, according to Judaism. Jesus was not teaching Judaic philosophy but Aryan.

Your god was a literal semen sucking faggot.

We are still trying to fix the damage done to europe after the roman fall and the christian introduction.

Because Jesus mentions amd references it all the time.

Because the entire credibility of Jesus being the messiah comes from dozens of passages in the OT.

Because the apostles reference it’s stories.

Because many lf it’s passages, not all but many, are decent learmng tools that will help you grown in both faith and wisdom

God, you sound like such a generic fedora fag.

>we wuz vikangz an' sheeit
Your Snowmalian ancestors were irrelevant until they became Christians.
How dare those cheek-turners introduce you to (((books))) and (((literacy))) and (((not raping and looting like a chimp))).

henrymakow.com/lucifers_chosen_people.html
entry level redpill

the god of the jews isn’t my God. my God is Jesus Christ who was crucified by (((them))) for questioning jewish control.

the sacred catholic dogma is always above the bible. these things were general facts before freemasons started taking over

>The swede is seriously trying to say Christianity is the religion that's ruining Europe

You got it friend. Keep on spreading the Gospel.

What is the Catholic teaching on the lost tribes of Israel (the non-Judahites.) Does the church just not formally address their true identity today?

AFAIK, they're irrelevant now. The Jews are no longer the only race allowed into the Kingdom of God (much to their chagrin). The last we hear of it in the New Testment is right before Jesus' ascension, when the apostles ask if or when He will Make Israel Great Again. Jesus says that that is up to God the Father.

This is what you're looking for
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcion_of_Sinope

The problem with that shitty argument is that you ignore a load of history that doesn't suit your narrative. Was Charlemagne and his reign damaging to Europe? Actually I may have chosen the wrong example. Charlemagne destroyed that tree that the pagans worshipped, didn't he? He also slaughtered a lot of them which is funny considering how the likes of you think that Christianity is inherently weak and tree worship is strong.

That was St. Boniface that chopped down the tree.

The prophets foretold of Christ's coming. It's ALL over the old testament.

Interestingly, there's even hints that God is the Holy Trinity, as well.

>Why do we even acknowledge the Old Testament as Christians?

Not all of us do.

Addendum: almost all Nordic great men were Christians (Leif Ericson, Harald Hardrada, Harald Bluetooth Roald Amundsen, etc.) LARPers like Varg are making Nordics Apes Again.

Father,Son,Holy spirit.
Life is the son of God.
The word is the holy spirit (It tells us of God)
Although three separate things, neither can exist without the other. these things were one in the beginning. This is the trinity.

You accept it for the same reason you accept the New Testament - you're a gullible idiot.

Yeah, the Old Testament is super important because it testified of the coming of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. Remember when Jesus spoke to the Pharisees: "If you believed Moses, then you would have believed me, for he spoke of me".

In John 5, Jesus again mentions this: "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

And again Luke 16: "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

The Old Testament is what gives us the promise of a Savior for all mankind. In Galatians 3, we find the perfect commentary on the Old Testament promise to Abraham: "The scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed."

Beautiful.

So does the Old Testament actually hint at Jesus' coming?

From a secular perspective, was he some type of savant at interpreting scripture and finding his place in it? Flawlessly incorporating his new religion into the old one (and vice versa) at age 30 seems like a really impressive feat. Did Joseph Smith do something similar with the Book of Mormon? I feel like the Book of Mormon was just fanfic added on top of the OT and NT.

Islam had to completely rewrite the old and new testaments and incorporate apocryphal texts to develop its Abrahamic basis.

Christianity seems uniquely legitimate as the Abrahamic successor.

Isaiah. Read it.

>I feel like the Book of Mormon was just fanfic added on top of the OT and NT.

What else did you think it was? It says Eden was in Jackson County, MO (Kansas City)

>Marcionism

Never realized Leif Ericson was orthodox

>doesn't know what it's like to walk with God
I feel sorry 4u

The Orthodox Church was still part of the Universal Church that Leif Eriksson was also a member of at the time.

>Greco-Slavs are this pathetic

this guy gets it

Should have been first post, is best post.
It's also the fucking Talmud, if the Jews burnt the Talmud and kept only to the old testament there would be a lot less fuckery going on.

Jesus claims to fulfill the prophecies of the old prophets and also claims to uphold all of the old rules.

This is where I don't agree with Christians.
You observe Jewish god, but somehow Jesus is also god while being a completely different entity?
I don't buy it. One of them is Satan.

He’s not the jewish god. The jews worship Lucifer.

ourladyisgod.com
basically a non jewish form of Catholicism.
I understand it would be hard accepting christianity if it had so much of jewishness in it

There is no god

Marcionites believe that the Old Testament God was an evil demiurge, and that Jesus was an incarnation of the true God. Not really in the gnosticism sense.

thuletempel.org/wb/index.php?title=Hauptseite
germanenherz.wordpress.com/2006/04/18/atlantis-edda-und-bibel-200-000-jahre-germanischer-weltkultur/
germanvictims.com/german-culture/aryan-kings-arier-gott/
glaubenistnichtwissen.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/atlantis-edda-und-bibel-toedliches-wissen/

I like to add that there are SO MANY prophets in the old testament that predicted Jesus's life.

The old testament was what God was before Jesus. If you want to understand Jesus, you have to first understand God in the old.

God never changes either... Jesus fulfilled the old laws put in place to pass sin down the line until it could be properly paid.

How can have Jesus without all the stuff he built on and taught from? Just ignore the writings he constantly quoted from?
And more than that, why keep this jew garbage at all? It's absolute trash.

>So does the Old Testament actually hint at Jesus' coming?
Not at all.
>Flawlessly incorporating his new religion into the old one
Well, yeah, he didn't. That's why he died a heretic.

The New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed.
The Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed.

>does the Old Testament actually hint at Jesus' coming?
Over 300 prophecies of His coming in the OT.

Yup. Jesus is mentioned all over the time in the OT. The entire point of the New Testament is that the Pharisees, who thought they were the most godly and righteous people, were actually the most wicked. This is a theme in the Old Testament as well, and Jesus simply gives really insightful interpretations of Scripture that marvel the Pharisees.

Paul was a Pharisee and "learned in the Scriptures". But when he turned to Jesus Christ, he started understanding the Scriptures for real. That's why Paul ALWAYS refers back to the Old Testament about almost everything.

That's partly what made me trust 100% in the Scriptures.

Do the Pharisees include all the semites? The Bible says the Spartans were semites and they seem pretty based.

You clearly havent read the new testament

Because the New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old and thus the interpretation of the OT is christological

this guy is right:
Yea, this question would only make sense to someone who has no idea what the Bible teaches.
It is all one coherent, unified story of redemption, from the call of Abraham to the vision of the new heavens and new earth in Revelation.
Not to mention the numerous citations of the Old Testament as inspired scripture, etc.
It's just a dumb question.

Christianity is meaningless without the context of what came before it.
Jesus saying
>"lol nobody has to get circumcised anymore, I'm paying your blood debts for you"
means nothing without first reading the old testament where god says
>"pay me in dick blood and I promise you millions of children"

This.
However do note that the Israelites of the OT were utterly awful people, and most of them turned away from God.
Judaism is now just making pilpully excuses for the OT. The Talmud was 27 books trying to find loopholes around the original 5’s laws.

Oh go fuck yourself you fucking pseudo intellectual.

I really don't get it, are Christians not aware that their religion is literally just like 40% extra DLC for the jewish religion which they follow?

No, the Pharisees were the top rank of the Jews at that time. They were the "priests" so to speak. But the Bible is clear that the Jews collectively murdered Jesus and not just the Pharisees. The Pharisees were just the worst of all.

This
‘Nahash’ is used thrice in the Bible
1) The name of the Serpent who tempted Adam and Eve
2) The ‘father’ of the Pharisees (Jews)
3) The dragon who tries to kill the Woman in Revelations

This inconvenient fact you posted just broke everything.
>If the serpent has children then the Catholics are wrong.
>If the serpent is the devil and not Jesus then the Gnostics are wrong.
>If the KJV does not convey this and only the original text does then the Protestants are wrong.
>If the (((jews))) are the chosen people of Satan and not Yahweh then Judaism is wrong.
Wow, it's almost like humans are fallible and no single group holds all the answers.