What's the state of the fansubbing community?

>Coalgirls is officially dead

coalgirls.wakku.to/10222/the-end

Goddamn you Daiz

Other urls found in this thread:

coalgirls.wakku.to/10222/the-end
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daiz gave Satoshi Kon pancreatic cancer

>bloatgirls

>paranoid personality disorder
>people with this condition are often rigid, critical of others, and unable to collaborate, and they have great difficulty accepting criticism.
They should rename it to fansubber's syndrome.

>coalgirls
>blames disorder on fansubbing
Nothing of value was there in the first place

Eh, if HS CR will go full North Korea - fansubs will rise again from ashes like a Phoenix.
It's just supply and demand, even if the shit is virtually free: supply will die when someone is offering a lot of fast shitty supply.

Daiz again? Add it to the list.

That's not how it works.

How it works then?
Were Coalgirls DMCAed or something?

That's exactly how it works.

Good riddance.

No, people fansub because they want to, not out of some respect for a bunch of trash anime fans

And nothing of value was lost. They just steal blue ray rips and input horriblesubs subs into it. That's all.

>State of fansub
Those that were able to escape extermination, now are hunted down by corporate jews and their lackeys.
Many fansubbers rot in jail, while others either unwillingly by brainwashing or not, have bent themselves onto serving the greater corporate purpose as fakku chronies.
The few torrents that are left scattered onto god-forsaken wastelands of phishing scam, trojan haxes and wannacry BTC thieves can be downloaded and watched only when behind 700 proxies, in dim-lighted rooms and only with a automatic rifle at hand.
Corporate jews and their hunters are everywhere, and they will not stop; they will not have mercy onto your pirating ass, until they've eradicated every single little shit such as yourself, wanting fansubs to deliver what you instead should pay hard cash for.

>FFF still hasn't finished Hibike

The difference in the amount of fansubbers is overestimated.
Fansubbing has never been reliable, even if it was more active 10 years or so ago.
Yes, plenty of big name groups have died, but they were long overdue. People are traditionally active in this scene from about 18 to 25, which is when they move on with their lives. There are now several no-name groups that do shit work that no one cares to memorize because they are not part of the cartel and HorribleSubs exists and that will die without anyone ever really taking note of them because - again - HorribleSubs exists.

Sure, that "wanting" have nothing to do with volume of audience that appreciates your work.
Even if you do it for free - you'll get demotivated if no one appreciates it.
Don't give me "they do it because they want to" bullshit: you either watch the show in the original language if you know it or you help out faggots who don't know it by subbing it.
You don't sub it "for yourself" just because you can.

>haven't finished any show they started this year
poor Naine

>coalgirls

Can confirm, did it for a while but it was mainly to get rid of intense boredom.

>You don't sub it "for yourself" just because you can.
That's pretty much what the majority of fansubbers who still fansub do it for. The audience is pretty negligible when most people either a) don't care about TL quality and/or b) watch whoever releases it first.

I still do not believe anyone would bother without a measure of gratification.

They sub for the ego trip. They don't actually care about the series or English speaking fans.

>ego trip
That's the point I'm trying to make.
Sorry if I failed to.

A drop in supply will just increase the price as fansubs are fucking dead.

That's weird, because there's only one group that could possibly do it for the ego and they don't actually fansub.

Oh, I was very enthusiastic about the Nanoha movies and Madoka. It's just too bad I found Rebellion so fucking bad I dropped subbing altogether.

user most people don't do much that's not for the ego and throwing free shit to the masses is most obvious way of getting the high.

Most people fansub because they want to have a bigger internet-dick. That's how it goes, most of the time.

What Blueray release groups that are still active currently?

It's over guys, Daiz won

KOREDA!

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Everything is done out of love for the industry. In a few years user will understand.

Daiz will kill Sup Forums too mark my words. Not saying that's a bad thing desu

FFF is dead I think, when was the last time they actually did something?

>Coalgirls
>fansubbing
It's not like coalgirls was ever relevant to AIRING anime.

I'm on it sempai!

Almost three weeks ago

Just use HS
If something isn't licensed it's not worth watching in the first place

Oh wow, one Vol. of an ass old show. Well I guess it is FFF like.

>coalgirls.wakku.to/10222/the-end
> I have paranoid personality disorder, which I may have actually developed from fansubbing

No one fucking cares about this shit community. Remember:
* Symphogear is behind 2 episodes
* Puzzle x Dragon episodes 39 - 60 has no subs yet
* Kaito x Ansa has no subs yet

If these fuckers care about the community at all, then those should've been subbed.

There's not much they can do at this point though.
>Most shows are subbed by Crunchyroll or Funi an hour after release
>Said shows have their official subs put up elsewhere for free soon after
>Almost all the ones that aren't have been picked up by some other service like Netflix that hold off on airing them until they feel like releasing the episodes
>What few anime are left are typically shows most of the anime community at large doesn't care enough for
With fansubs as a whole being as uncommon and unnecessary the only ones left are people who will sub shows licensed by netflix or whoever to sub the Jap raws so people don't have to wait 8 months.
Fansubbing is almost dead as there's little for them to do and little reward for doing so.

I did Mob Psycho and Garo

>I have paranoid personality disorder, which I may have actually developed from fansubbing

Who cares?

I think that resumes the title of this thread now.

Kinda sad because I used them to watch my favorite anime for the first time but overall fansubbing is a thing of the past, it's unnecessary nowadays.

Yes, there's no need to ask for attention.

>Bloatgirls

So long gay bowser

Clearly it's the result of all of Daiz's repeated assassination attempts on him.

I think he's talking about if HS dies. In which case I can see some people stepping up to at least provide a subtitle file for raws. People already do it here even though there are other groups subbing them too.

>coalgirls is dead
>i now have no reason to post my 3mb 13x13 image of costanza

The amount of demand is much higher now than in the past, this isn't a fucking free market this is a monopoly, if HS dies (and nobody can rip subs from CR) there is nobody that can supply that amount of subs.

New groups will appear when they're needed again.

Maybe not everything but I'm sure most things would get picked up by someone. If for example next season and Blend S didn't get any subtitles I'd probably do it. You'd probably end up with lots of different people doing things instead of 3/4 groups doing all of them now.

But, Blend S is probably going to get subbed by one of the ones HS rips from so I won't bother.

Naruto ruined everything.

>most things would get picked up by someone.
You mean popular shit, most shows only have subs because HS picked them up.
Unless you have 10 clones, stay delusional.

Post it once more. For old times' sake.

How popular are we talking? You think Blend S or like some other user did a while back, Joukamachi no Dandelion, are popular?

You don't have a clue whats been subbed here do you?

>cry rain 2.jpg

>Bloatgirls

So what? There are better alternatives than 30GB individual episodes. Maybe not BD but still, they were ridiculous.

I haven't been able to post it for years regardless, it contains an "embedded object" or whatever the error specifically says.

rip

You only know popular shit isn't it?
Anyway it doesn't matter, not even Anne Happy got subs apart from CR.
What about Matoi? waiting like two fucking weeks to get yellow subs.
You only believe most of the shit gets subbed because you never watched the shows that didn't get subs.

>they
No, the nigger himself was. Bloatgirls had multiple people that released different encodes.

Weak.

The age of fansubs is over. You need to accept HS, learn Japanese, or kill yourself.

UTW was the only group that ever truly cared

No one subbed Anne Happy because it had CR subs. Why bother? It's not like CR is late in most cases or very bad. Not to the point where someone else wants to pick it up anyway. I didn't even say everything would get subs, I said most things. Unpopular things don't even get subs now nevermind once CR is dead.

No I definitely didn't watch Joshiraku or Hyouge Mono. Spastic.

I miss him a lot

same

FUCK OFF DAIZ!

They're still around?
Shock da!

>I said most things
The fuck is most things?
Do you know that your examples are just
anecdotal isn't it?
I doubt that someone can reach the amount of supply that HS does, unpopular shows that CR subs now will probably be forgotten just like you said.
Can you provide any evidence that there are enough people to supply the demand just like HS does? I doubt it, because they can't even be bothered to make karaoke for the BDs with CR subs.

Can you supply any evidence that there isn't enough people? You're calling my own experience anecdotal and then cherry picking your examples to try prove the opposite.

>tfw subs

>fansubbing drove me insane

I only picked examples because you did.
Anyway, I doubt there is people with early access to the raws like CR does so the subs post HS would be obviously late. Also, there will be many more players in the game because the "price" of the subs will rise with the death of HS.
Do you think that a bunch of subbers that know nothing about value added will work to "defeat" the new players that will enter when they didn't do it for HS?

Copy it with irfanview and turn it into another allowed filetype, maybe twice.
This usually works for me.

We still have people like SallySubs around

Because this whole thread is about how they will die/go on after HS death.

>I doubt there is people with early access to the raws like CR does so the subs post HS would be obviously late.
Even if people don't, there have been subs done by user on the same day of broadcast. Some would be late some wouldn't it would depend on who is doing them.

I'm not sure I'm following your second part. If they're looking to "defeat" those coming in and subbing shows then I'd assume it's because they're subbing it too. People might sub something that is getting no subs, but can't be bothered with "competition". If someone else is doing the show and they're doing a good enough job (no week+ delays, reasonably good translations) most people won't bother.

Point is, fansubs are not going to save anything because they're not fit for the game now.
There's going to some guy that screencaps the video from netflix or some shit and that's all we're going to get because "it's already subbed".

>screencaps the video from netflix
Funnily enough, that's basically how we got the first funi softsubs, with a text recognition script running on a funi video.
Where subs exist, there is no need for a subber.
What you are asking for is just encoding and typesetting. Anyone can do that.

>tfw fansubbing is dead

>I have paranoid personality disorder, which I may have actually developed from fansubbing
what? how? like... what?
it's a thing you do in your free time, how do you do it in such a manner that you fucking ruining your mental health?
he or she needed to clearly chill the fuck down

finally I will no longer have to listen to you idiots argue over bloat vs quality every time coalgirls is mentioned.

It's time to learn japanese anons.

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

I already do, I just prefer subs because of my hearing problems and somewhat poor eyesight makes reading moonrunes difficult.

I have to watch shows in my own language with subs because I have terrible hearing, shit sucks.

It's even worse because of the constant scream of the planet I keep hearing.

Where's my Kizu BDs

>Coalgirls is officially dead
And nothing of value was lost.

SAying there's a fansubbing community is like saying Mexico has a functioning government.

>HS monopolized the fansub industry by just ripping Crunchy Roll subs
And you fucking literal retards still give them the download clicks