MC's Goal: Revenge

>MC's Goal: Revenge

What's the best goal for a MC?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketsui:_Kizuna_Jigoku_Tachi#Plot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Strives to do nothing and lead a peaceful life.

Save humanity

Something that is neither "I MUST SAVE EVERYONE" shit nor a personal goal, like revenge, family or a loved one's affection

Crushing pussy

Rance

人類焼却

Be the pirate king

prove himself for lels

To revolutionize the world.

Justice

To not have a goal

Fuck all the lolis

>wants to do nothing
>constantly gets dragged to saving the world
That's pretty good.

To fuck the president's daughter.

fucking his sister

>MC's Goal: Revenge
That only works wen the MC actually gets is revenge. Nothing worst than seeingan edgemaster pussying out.

Whatever goal works, really. Even fucking your wife and your wife's daughter works as long as the MC act engagingly and entertainingly towards that goal.

fun

To have fun

Examples?

Find out what that song that's stuck in my head is called.

Have straight hair

hayai

I'm enjoying Dr. Stone's goal of restoring civilization and technology through actually building shit instead of just trying to defeat some enemy that threatens to damage/continue damaging the status quo.

Could use more pussy slaying though, since MC is somewhere between Tesla-tier disregarding distracting females and actual closet fag.

I always lose motivation to keep watching anime where the MC has no motivation.

The most noble cause of all.

Fix your own mistakes.

Friendship by force.

The lord and savior, Kon.

we don't have enough sasuke tier edgelord MCs, the only decent one we've ever had is Lelouch

Kira?

the best MC

Mankoto?

>TOOOOOH!

This. I swear to god if I have to see that "just let it go lol" shit again

Isn't this basically OPM?

Justice.

I've never seen it drawn better than this frame. The coldness in his eyes, sums it up perfectly.

Rise from poverty to wealth

Being an operator who operates operationally. A professional who does his job well.

BASED

not at all retard.

Conquer and rape shit

>MC's goal is to atone for committing mass genocide

The only true hero

It's Mob Psycho 100.
Saitama wanted to be a hero and save people. That's his whole goal.

>character's goal is simply power
I really like this, pretty simple and relatable. It depends on the context of power but when done right it's pretty enjoyable, one of the recent examples I can give is pic related.

>What's the best goal for a MC?

MC just wants to chill, but spooky supernatural forces keeps fucking him up.

He fights just to slack off.

>spooky supernatural forces

Did someone say "seigi no mikata"?

I don't know the show's name but the best ending I have seen is MC take a good peaceful sleep at home.

>Thrust into a situation that is beyond his comprehension
>Plays supporting role but is the POV for the series to the so-called current MC
>MC, for some reason, is taken down/thrust out of the spotlight
>He has to step up because others are too temperamental/selfish/incompetent
>Trys and fails a lot, but shows a mature head enough to do things his own way
>Doesn't get a free pass and his actions aren't universally loved but he never falls down the slippery slope despite being tempted to do so many times
>His goal: Someone has to do it

>main character who lusts for revenge. Stops at nothing to get back at the antagonist and ruin him/her for what happened in the past
>turns out its not actually the main character that desires revenge, but it was his friend that perished cursing the name of the antagonist
>main character is doing it to keep a promise

The ascension of the human race not just saving it.

Makes me think of Ryner from Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

Become a princess.

Name one anime that does this

Only for the movie and the last bit of s2. He didn't give a shit about humanity

He started out trying to save it through Gundam, but his character kicks into overdrive when he starts spouting the understanding.

>MC's Goal: GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD

>what a tweest, he killed his own dad but forgot!

Dropped 4 episodes in, but I wager he means row, row.

>personal revenge hidden behind a facade of lawful justice

MC's Goal: AI YO

Literally Gohan

be a superhero like his dad

Issei

Self Improvement
A nietzschean goal of endless self improvement

too close to real life for me

THIS

Find happiness

In a good or bad way?

revenge works for me

"The game..."
"Is everything in life...!"
/thread

It'll happen to youuuu

To avoid the axe

>Climb the number one mountain in the world
>Climbs K2

Incest

It's harder to climb than Everest. Probably translation fucking up.

That's pretty good.

What if the MC's thirst for revenge fades away, but he keeps chasing after his target because they're still an asshole who hurts innocent people?

>fixing mistakes
>not doing the right thing from the start

Be the become

It's overplayed desu

>Objective: Survive.

>crossposting

The inverse made me remind of this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketsui:_Kizuna_Jigoku_Tachi#Plot
>by no means, in success or failure, must the operation be traced back to the United Nations. However, for all this secrecy to be effective, even in victories the assault choppers will have to be destroyed... and the pilots killed.

Become god of the new world

Bury painful problems and tries to move on.

Freedom.

Don't ask me why or how, but for plot reasons the MC's goal is to die. However, finding a way to do so and succeed is incredibly hard. Also, protect others I guess.

Become the fastest racer on the Akina downhill

To be a hero.

Specifically, the hero that brings happiness, not just protection. First, there's the "police" type. These are faggot that get paid to catch criminals. They're no heroes. They're only pretenders, faggots who just think they're heroes but are nothing more than gloried guard dogs. Then there's the "guardian" type. These are heroes that protect people from danger and ask for nothing in return. These are noble heroes. But they're too selfless, too impersonal for me to care about, and their effort is ultimately vain, as people will never stop dying and there are hundreds of thousands dying every day. Saving as many as you can is respectable, but not entertaining.

The heroes I'm talking about are the ones who protect smiles and give life. They don't have to protect the masses. Protect just one person, becoming a hero for that one person personally and give them the courage to live, not just protection. Give them happiness. Or just focus on doing that for everyone in the world. Struggle to change the very nature of the world, make it into one where there's no sadness and everyone is happy. These are the most lovable heroes. The true heroes.

Goals don't necessarily make a character. The more you make them feel the better.

Money. Maybe some MC that works his ass out for his family, but shit goes awry, and he gets forced to do illegal things.

>MC's Goal: Save mum from bad guys

>MC's Goal: Reclaim the captured kingdom from the empire, then destroy it.
>He only do this because he was forced to kill his sister to purify the cursed blade that is needed to be proclaimed as the next successor of the kingdom. The allies believed that he killed his sister in cold blood to ensure his succession.