What happened to Dragon ball super!! We don't see blood anymore...

What happened to Dragon ball super!! We don't see blood anymore. Why is the show so fucking gay and childish with colorful shit. What the fuck happened to the good old dragon ball???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ebRhB62JSeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is he okay?

>filename
What do you think?

new laws probaly
and super is geared more towards younger kids
then dragon ball and Z where

And people say that it's just the metal track that makes DBZ more edgy

Kobe child happened

I'm guessing that Toei wants to make it more geared towards smaller children

Is there blood in One Piece? I think there is and they're airing side-by-side in the morning.

he got better

I dunno about the current show, but the old episodes had blood and so does the manga still.

Wasn't it kinda similar with Bleach and Naruto.
Less blood over time.

This

Bleach was kinda funny, because there was some blood (albeit less than the manga), but it was black or very dark shade of red. It was hard to take it seriously.

Was it really that?
Damn, fuck edgelords.

>what are TV censorship rules?

I just looked up the fight with Doflamingo, the show still looks like shit but yeah there's blood when he gets punched in the face at the end

Faggots had been given rights, and had infected every medium.

Super's for children who don't know any better and adult fanboys who will eat literal shit if it comes out of Toriyama's ass.

?

>Is there blood in One Piece? I think there is and they're airing side-by-side in the morning
What's weird about this is the ecchiness One piece shoves Tits all over the place, while super barely had cleavage.

This. The target audience is way younger even compared to One Piece. Literal toddlers.

Its on at a different time in Japan. You cant show alot of blood in a Sunday morning anime. The Z anime was on relatively late in the day so they could get away with more in that time slot.

New artstyle and anime being very different from what it once was. You can see this in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and everything else beyond it.

Because it became to be broadcasted overseas, it became to be made on overseas standards.

one piece isn't super ecchi really, oda just draws the females with giant tits and tiny waists. he always has

>the good old dragon ball???
Pic unrelated? Only good one was classic

being gohan is suffering

Bloodless holes are kinda creepy desu.

While it's true for waists, it's not for tits. I'm pretty sure Oda went through late puberty few years into the series.

>We don't see blood anymore.
Yeah, the fighting is also a lot less brutal in general. Supposedly it's because Super airs at an earlier timeslot than Z did. I think Z ran in the evening, while Super airs at prim e time.

>widescreen
>orange brick transfer

reminder that toei thought this was ok

>that quality shift with the bug picking up the piece of rubble
kek

>that flying beerus

Classic DBZ
>Brilliant and still peerless fight choreography. Every fight felt unique and looked different from Mystic Gohan ruthlessly beating the crap out of Majin Buu to the frantic energy of Piccolo vs 17.
>Shit routinely hit the fan and stakes were high all the fucking time. Every time you thought the heroes had it in the bag, the villain would pull some ridiculous gimmick out of his ass.
>Whichever sound track you preferred, it was all brilliant. I still work out to Cha lala and faulconer soundtracks to this day.
>genuinely interesting stories and world building. A whole alien civilization developed around chi? Time travel and cloning? Cosmic battles for the universe between gods and their rivals? Everything was captivating as hell
>gorgeous and lush visuals. The animation still holds up to this day, is ridiculously detailed and works perfectly with the fight scenes.

Super is a giant stinking disappointment. Not a single arc holds a candle to anything in DBZ.

>Classic
Z isn't really a sequel though. It's just what Toei ended up calling the second half of the adaptation of one manga.

>tfw this fight is better than all of super

those were the blu-ray,the airing show didn't had blood is what I heard

Do you really have to post this webm and bait every single DB (Super) thread? It's getting kind if old.

yeah, that's bullshit

blame toei not me. if they did their job right i wouldnt be here

You are correct.

Many of Japans laws have prohibited extreme violence, drug use, adult situations, blood gore.
Characters like Launch were removed entirely because they went again the new laws.
Now that Mainstream television has removed a lot of these because they think a majority of anime fans are still children so they try and appeal to the demographic with high school romcoms in hopes to grow the number of youth population that is now quite small compared to the elderly citizens.

At least post another fight scene, for fucks sake.

gotcha

He is moments from death and currently slowly suffocating as a result of his broken neck.

What about adult animation? I feel like more violent shows like attack on titan or Psycho Pass still do show really intense and insane violence.

>That pure rage and testosterone in every shot
>the sharp contrast from brutal head smashing to elegant dodges and kicks
>Those slick camera angles and fast cuts showing how they're totally evenly matched(for now)

We had no idea how good we had it. Every scene of this fight was a masterpiece.

launch was removed because toriyama forgot about her during the saiyan arc, and then he remembered her around the time he created super saiyan and didn't want to bring her back

so that dude has got early onset alzeheimers right, he thought Piccolo was Cell when he came back for Super something isn't right in Toriyama's brain

didnt this shit come out in like the 90s? why the fuck is it better than what toei is putting out decades later

WOuld you pretty much die if you got punched in the stomach so hard, you coughed up a mouthful of blood?

DBZ started in 1989.

they know people will watch it no matter how bad it is

I'm not sure what the rule set is, I'm seeing it happen more and more though. If anything it may be a company choise to get younger audiences interested in the dragonball series or its a quick cash grab like them adding broly to the upcoming movie.

I actually can believe this but what else has he forgotten?

Animation, Costs, Talents and Budget perhaps.

might as well post the whole series bro

Thanks, doc.

Agreed. I miss the adventure part of Dragon ball and the journey to the west elements...

Crazy thing is that now that they travel planets and dimensions and whatnot they could really REALLY make some interesting adventures that are more than fighting alone...

Sadly the whole sayan thing takes a big dump on that idea... but at least they focus on more than Goku now and even muten Roshi is back to the ring so that´s good at least.

Still, this tournament would be the perfect oportunity to erase the universe or something and go back to a universe with young Goku having adventures.

fuck off, is not like oda is mashima

>Crazy thing is that now that they travel planets and dimensions and whatnot they could really REALLY make some interesting adventures that are more than fighting alone...

Didn't they do that in GT? I didn't watch the whole thing because it was so boring.

He said "interesting", user.

K I N O
I
N
O

he also forgot that saiyans had tails

What makes you think they weren't surgically removed right after birth?

I can't believe this is the same studio that made Precure and Kado.

>implying Toriyama gave any thought about it
your innocence is lovely

I don't even care about the lack of blood or senseless violence. The action in general is just awful. Attacks lack any weight or power behind them.

I just don't get it. The same company managed to make minutes long charge up and transformation sequences sequences look impressive in Z. They paid attention to little details, like environmental debris and slight muscle twitching/pulsing. Why can't they reproduce this?

It's not that they can't, it's that they don't want to, they have no reason to bother.

Damn I thought that was Gohan after experiencing the Picolo pimp hand for the first time.

I re-watched a couple of episodes a while ago. Gohan gets beat up a lot.

>Widescreen Orange Brick release
Fuck off you scumbag
Download the proper 4:3 Dragon Box version

I wish the Dragon Box version had the same audio as the TV show. The voice acting is the same, but the sounds effects and music are different.

Namek was literally the last time Dragon Ball felt like Dragon Ball

>Why can't they reproduce this?

They don't have to and probably they don't make as much money as Z so they have a lower budget

90s animation is generally better because it isn't cheap digital shit

The current animation staff is overworked, and generally untalented, any idiot trying to say it's budget is a liar, Toei has more money now than ever through basic merchandising and animation costs aren't even that much higher if at all than before.

Digital animation isn't inherently bad or worse than Cel animation, but the issue with it is that no one knows how to fucking do it right. Every once in a while you get a few shows that look pretty good because the effort is in there and new techniques and innovations are being developed but we're essentially back to the shart ages of the 70's in terms of general skill.

New blood and new technology with no true leaders in the field or old guards around willing to teach.

Look at G-Reco and One Punch Man to see some well animated shows, there are obviously circumstances within their productions that lead to their superior quality, but for the most part the staff leaders brought in experience, skill, and passion that drove their low level henchmen to put out good quality products through serious leadership and mentoring. Tomino especially continues to do shit like this all the time, shit on his stories all you want it has no fucking relevance here.

Here we go

They also didn't spread their resources too thin on an insane workload they way they do now. Companies are working on way too many fucking anime at a time.

Especially Toei which just exists to shit out endless shounen that sell off name brand alone.

desu i like the 3d animated backgrounds and lighting than the old stuff.. they character drawings and animations are way worse though

>we will never see brilliant cinematography like this in TV animation anymore

Back to Sup Forums with you.

>they travel planets and dimensions and whatnot they could really REALLY make some interesting adventures that are more than fighting alone...
GT did that...

>interesting

>I wish the Dragon Box version had the same audio as the TV show.
What are you talking about?
Unless you're referring to some dub shit(I forgot if the dumb burger dub replaced the GOAT japanese sound effects or not)

>i like the 3d animated backgrounds and lighting than the old stuff
You're scum

Both look like trash
And is that one anime on the top left inspired by westernshit? Looks like tumblr.

This! They flood in here from Sup Forums. I'm sick of this husbando crap.

Akira Toryiama is arguable the best choreographer in manga 30 years later

It looks like Toei finally killed dbz abridged
youtube.com/watch?v=ebRhB62JSeU

pray for the death of this cancerous shit

Of course, he's okay, this type of stuff happens to kids all the time around the world.

I hope so, I really don't want to hear autistic retards droning o about DBZA's Father Son Kamehameha being better than the original, MasakoX is such a mediocre actor with a shitty lispy faggy voice voice.

What did you fucking say about Mob Psycho 100? It was easily AOTS last summer

>not actually watching the video
Jesus fuck, I thought you people knew better.