Hyouka, did it flop?

Why wasn't a S2 been made yet?

If even Kyoukai no Kanata had movies and an ova and it was utter shit. How come a S2 wasn't made yet.

Because the anime adapted most of the novels and the author is slow as balls and has released only 1 volume since the anime aired

Better question is, why hasn't there been an Amaburi S2?

Better question is, where is my Haruhi S3?

the endless 8 episodes are such a FUCKING WASTE OF TIME. Makes you wonder they're tired of the fanbase.

Oh yeah. Haruhi got popular is because Aya Hirano is voicing her and the meme dance in the OP theme.

>S3 when?
If they pull off another "endless 8" bullshittery then I'm fucking done with stupid Haruhi shows.

But Disappearance.

Japan hates good things

Hyouka sold well. I think above 20k after rereleases and stuff. The problem is that the author has other series going on an the Kotenbu series doesn't seem to be a priority for him. The anime already adapted most of the available material and the author has only been releasing short stories for it since then. A new volume was announced relatively recently but ot's just a compilation of the short stories, I believe. So basically, KyoAni adapted 10 years' worth of material, which I think is 4 volumes, and there's only 2 volumes left at the moment. With the pace the author is releasing volumes, Kadokawa is not interested in promoting it with an adaption.

Tanigawa got his cash and is not interested in writing more. Either that or he wrote himself into a corner o ran out of ideas. He has said he believes authors have a limit of words to write in his lifetime and he thinks he's reached his. Again, without new material to promote, Kadokawa isn't interested in adapting the rest of what's been released.

The most we could hope for is an OVA or movie of the next volume.

It would work well as one

>He has said he believes authors have a limit of words to write in his lifetime and he thinks he's reached his
That was a meme.

Fuck the author and fuck kadokawa

Endless 8 happened because Kadokawa had already paid for a S2 which included Disappearance but then changed their minds and decided Disappearance should be a movie, so they had to fill the rest of the season with something. So we got endless 8, which honestly I'm glad happened because it's a bold move and if it weren't for this turn of events nobody would have ever dared make. Plus it was good setup for Disappearance.

I like the movie but damn I just hated the endless 8. I got bored when I reached 4th episode.

He still hasn't shown any interest in continuing the series

Obviously. But that's likely due to the hardships he had to keep writing in the last years that he apologized for in Surprise's epilogue, not some limited words meme.

Ain't happening. Come share a beer with us Madofags.

Kyoani has also changed their business model, I don't think that they are interested in Hyouka season 2, because the majority of the profits would go to Kadokawa.

Didn't stop them from making Amagi.

I think Takemoto would gladly do more Hyouka if offered. He's fond of Oreki.

That was to get some quick cash to fund some projects but now that kimi no katachi made them tens of millions$ they don't need to do that anymore.

True, but Amagi was 2014 and Takemoto wanted to adapt it.
I think Kyoani even got some merchandise rights, we also don't know if they just had nothing in house worth adapting.

>I think Takemoto would gladly do more Hyouka if offered
I also think that, but am unsure if Kyoani would be ok with it.

どう見ても福ちゃんです。
本当に謝謝りがとうございました。