Another EVA thread

why is Asuka best girl?

now that I have your attention:

Do you notice that EVA takes the structure of the play oedipus rex?

let's start with the obvious:
>Shinji is Oedipus rex, he has Oedipus syndrome

>Gendo can be seen as Apollo, as he is a cruel God that seemingly sends a curse upon Shinji
>Shinji "exiles himself" and everybody else in the end of Evangelion
>Rei sacrifices herself before the exile
> asuka's mother hangs herself
>Shinji is hailed as a killer of the "sphinx", as he destroys the angels - thus causing the the third impact. Oedipus saves the village, but brings down a curse of death
>all this is fated unto Oedipus, like Shinji's birth from Gendo, it is inescapable
>Oedipus has a mental break down in the end
>alot of the lines uncannily mirror Evangelion

I bet that in 1.0+3.0 Shinji will find out that he is the direct cause of absolutely everything, and not Gendo, his father

here is the link to the play, it is short and worth reading: mason.gmu.edu/~rnanian/Sophocles-Oedipus.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eK7CeWQleYM
fujiq.jp/en/attraction/eva.html
youtu.be/3uvUybNZ-Kg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rei
ucmj.us/sub-chapter-10-punitive-articles/891-article-91-insubordinate-conduct-toward-warrant-officer-noncommissioned-officer-or-petty-officer
evastore.jp/pc/article/A4008305.html
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/09/21/evangelion-launches-american-style-hardware-goods-line-with-buckets-and-mini-container-crate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you are behind in your memes

I want to cuddle with Asuka.

*way ahead

Rei had some more to add.
>Sunset
>Vanishing life
>My wish
>I don't like it
She straight compared the end of the day with the End of Days.

youtube.com/watch?v=eK7CeWQleYM
fujiq.jp/en/attraction/eva.html

does ANTI stand for Antigone?

3.33 asukas design (+red hair) is great
I never seen any Oedipus play, but the series take heavy inspiration on it.

You should read it, the Greeks man - the motherfucking Greeks!

youtu.be/3uvUybNZ-Kg

this guy goes over the translations.

Also merchandise for the poster is out

>Literally the only thing they have to show so far is a single water painted image
>Already shoving it in a lot of merch.
Annooooo!

They need the money for the budget!

They're laundering money again if they claim that.

Well, even the Yazuka likes EVA so I bet they get special treatment

What do you think is the official Yazuka waifu?

>What
well, the typo makes sense...I will just leave it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rei
indersting stuff!
Rei is both a Japanese given name and a Hebrew given name.

>In Japanese, Rei can have different meanings depending on the kanji used
In Hebrew, the name Rei (רעי Re`iY) originates in biblical texts which mean "my shepherd; my companion; my friend".
In Hebrew, the word 'Rei' can be used for (or by) either gender, while in Japanese, Rei is generally only a given name for females. Rei can also be used as a surname.
Possible writings in Japanese
麗, "lovely, elegance, beautiful"
霊, "spirit, ghost"
例, "example"
零, "zero"
玲, "exquisite, clever, sound of jewels"
令, "rule, order"
礼, "etiquette, bow, gratitude"
怜, "wise"
鈴, "small bell"
嶺, "peak, summit"
黎, "black, dark, many"
澪, "water route, shipping canal"
励, "encourage"
レイ, Rei written in katakana
れい, Rei written in hiragana

>Rei is both a Japanese given name and a Hebrew given name
Here they are again

>Shingoy

>while in Japanese, Rei is generally only a given name for females
No, plenty of boys are named Rei. Even in Anime.

well, why don't you just tell the Wikipedia police?

It'll make a good subtle anime merch.

Sometimes with blue hair and red eyes.

Maybe if they removed the moonrunes, and if the rebuilds were any good, i would use it as a phone screenpaper.

I just realized i am retarded and managed to mix up wallpaper and screensaver

>being this scared of your own hobby

>Implying you have that shirt and wear it in public.
Besides, the big factor for me is, again, if the rebuilds were good.

no mister, but perhaps it is time. I already have asuka on my phone and in the mug I carry to work.

there might be a better asuka shirt though

You Asukacunts drove me to hate that psycho brat.
You'd despise the hell out of her IRL as well. And she'd despise you back, since you all of faggots resemble more spineless Shinjis 2.0 than Chad Kaji.

How are the rebuilds?

I only watched the first one and it wasn't as good as the tv-one. It was basically first episodes on fast foward, and i think eva should be slow moving. Also i didn't like the use of cg. I will wait until last one comes and then watch them on row. Just wait till then dude.

The Rebuilds skip character development of all sorts. Essentially everyone is a hollow version of what they were in NGE.

1.0 has pacing issues and does not tell a good story, (many times I was confused) the "world-Building" is erratic and is included in scenes with characterization; Its as if the creators already assumed you'd watch NGE before this.

2.0 is PURE fan-service with modern anime troupes and skips all characterization elements.(pic related and is cause of it all) In the end people defend it due to the cheerfulness it has that NGE never had (at least to this extreme.) It causes people to blieve that the Rebuilds focuses on Rei more so than other characters.

3.0 is a semi remake of Nadia, with obvious flaws in story ect (its my favorite). It has adequate pacing with a slow story(similar to aspects of NGE) Problem with everyone is that it has obvious flaws that they call out on, and it focuses on Shinji for most of the film and everyone else is gone. (imagine shinji alone while he ran away from miisato and walked aimlessly for a good chunk of the film)

I like her kind of girls in real life too. They piss me off but i want to hate fuck them.

>imagine shinji alone while he ran away from miisato and walked aimlessly for a good chunk of the film)
yeah, but she'll kill him.

>Implying mari isnt the key to all of this.

>Its as if the creators already assumed you'd watch NGE before this.
I really hope nobody ruins their experience of NGE watching rebuilds first. Why do they even exist really, there's really nothing they can do better than original. Anno should have just become depressed again and make something original and smaller, because he's not gonna top original NGE.

She was an combination of all the stolen characterizations from the main cast. But her story was dropped during production because of how obvious the stolen character aspects are. however they did not give the characteristics back to the original characters.

From what I've heard; Anno wanted to make a continuation of EOE,1998/2000 however it evolved into Rebuilds since.

>Anno should have just become depressed again and make something original and smaller, because he's not gonna top original NGE.

>because he's not gonna top original NGE.
and people wonder why 3.0 is so different.

>image
She's closer to Jar-Jar than maul at least in terms of usefulness and popularity.

I just hope that the last one will be mind fuck and depressing. The end was always best part of NGE and i hope Anno can do something great again.

No, she is closer to maul, they have similar amount of influence to respective franchises.
(and similar screen presence) They are just flashy characters that fight.

JarJar has an important role in star wars, he is sadly the driving force for most of the plot, he aidedd the jedi and got them to the place, he helps introduce Qui gon with Anikin. He helps the Queen unite with the Gungans to fight the trade federation. Also he starts the road to the galactic empire, enacting emergency powers to palpetine.

Point is that JarJar has more of an influence than Mari does in Rebuild.

Mari is a one note character that appears in a couple of fight scenes.

Maul is a one note character that appears in a couple of fight scenes.

Its just going to be a remake of the Manga's ending. The world/Moon already look like a Primordial wasteland that will remedy itself with a new Genisis.

I just hope it would be something totally different but oh well, man can dream.

I think he said the idea he was fooling with before starting Rebuild instead, to found his new studio on a proven thing and Doritos money, was a post-EoE thing with a last fortress city of humanity protected from roving man-eating angels by a mysterious barrier and fully organic evas. And I don't know if it's a joke because he only mentioned it for the first time at TIFF in 2014 to say he could never do it since SnK became a thing.

>that pic
>implying those are negative things

user what a fucking faggot you do know that how all girls are in real life

>Constantly speaks of racial superiority, actually shown to be an incompetent degenerate
>Constantly speaks of military success, roundly and routinely defeated by an 'inferior' force

Asuka is the perfect Nazi.

>part burger-bratwurst-tofu
>ginger
She's Osttruppen at best, but she looks good in Hugo Boss so its all fine.

You don't have to be white to be a nazi. You just have to be a jobber.

She was only outdone by the powerful folded a million times nippon man, who were also pretty much nazis. Check and mate

>Asuka humiliated by Shinji
>Shinji
>Powerful

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

You just knocked over your own Queen.

Shinji killed more angels than anyone else so yes, he was pretty powerful.

he out performed her in many aspects. Why do you think she got depressed.

Because she's an egotistical piece of shit that would be thrown in the brig in any military in the world.

Yui killed more angels than anyone else.

>Because she's an egotistical piece of shit that would be thrown in the brig in any military in the world.
>was an airforce captain
wdhmbt?

ucmj.us/sub-chapter-10-punitive-articles/891-article-91-insubordinate-conduct-toward-warrant-officer-noncommissioned-officer-or-petty-officer

in 2.0 she is an Air Force Ace. (5+kills) Which makes no sense.

'Ace' isn't a rank, friend. It's a nickname invented in WW1 because pilots were NOT likely to survive beyond 5 kills.

Asuka was placed at the rank of Captain (O-3) specifically to give the only Eva Pilot in Germany rank over other newly-minted combat pilots in the Luftwaffe.

She did not, however, earn that rank.

As to her behaivor, see

>Yui killed more angels than anyone else.
I just didn't count her because, but after her he did kill most.

Asuka is best girl!

>Yui killed more angels than anyone else.
3. Tied with Rei.

>'Ace' isn't a rank, friend. It's a nickname invented in WW1 because pilots were NOT likely to survive beyond 5 kills.

I know that. You missed my point.

Misato csaid that Asuka is also an Ace. which of in itself does not make sense, what/who did she kill at 14?

Asuka is a jobbing kraut whore.

>what/who did she kill at 14
Angels from other time loops.

Doubt it but I'd be more a Kaji than a Shinji. Just because you project yourself as a spineless good for nothing doesn't mean the rest of us do.

And she only likes thick chad DICK. How can asukafags ever recover?

>what/who did she kill at 14?

Her own career.

Is Kaji really a chad tho?

>Only loves one woman
>Only fucks one woman

He's redpilled as fuck, but is he a chad?

If you watched anime and had a waifu, you'd be considered a loser by Asuka's standards. Get a grip, Asuka would think little of you.

>Kaworu/Kaji poster is this buttblasted over someone posting a mouse pad
wew

Stay mad, asukacuck

He can put the moves on Ritsu, though. Is literally James Bond triple agent. Asuka fawns over him too.

>Put moves on
>Has a sexual relationship with

It's possible to flirt without committing to a hookup, user.

>Asuka fawning

ONE. SIDED.

Chads stay loyal to their waifus

He kind of grabbed her sexually, even put his arms around her and touched her face.
>ONE. SIDED.
Doesn't matter, many women are attracted to him. By the book this is the definition of a Chad, which means Asuka doesn't like pathetic losers like Shinji.

You all seriously need to seek help.

You're free to leave.

Being in an Eva thread is like passing by a car wreck. You pity everyone involved, but you can't help but watch what happens next.

Kaji is pathetic compared to Gendo AKA the legit Chad Mcthundercock.

>but you can't help but watch what happens next.
And in the process, you clog up traffic, your autism ruining it for everyone behind you.

IRP Rei was such a sweetie 3.14

Gendo is ugly as fuck and so are all the women he fucks.
Even his wife didn't give two shits about him and busted out of there.

>Gendo is ugly as fuck and so are all the women he fucks.
Rei isnt ugly.

Rei is a literal caring and cute god.
She hijacked lillith and let Shinji choose to refuse instrumentality.

Rei is obviously a best

Is any of the EVA merch worth buying?

I'm eyeing this specifically but I'm concerned about the quality evastore.jp/pc/article/A4008305.html

>Be Rei
>Be created as a lab experiment to resurrect dead woman
>Be intended to be used as a weapon of mass destruction as well
>Be constantly neglected and mistreated by staff at secret Illuminati organization
>Be abused as a child, all the way up to attempted murder, only survive due to science immortality process
>Never once hold a grudge for this
>Never once try to get revenge for this
>Be put in regular school and society
>Even if you don't like people, your generally polite behavior makes you a likeable person
>Eventually get injured trying to save the world
>Meet cowardly but goodhearted boy
>He's nice and eventually becomes your friend
>Help forge him into a capable pilot
>Meet bitch girl
>Even though she hates you, try to help her. She doesn't appreciate it, but you try,
>Eventually criminal bastard tries to use you for murder and genocide
>Humiliate criminal bastard and take incredible power from him, don't want this kind of power anyway, give it to boy you trust
>Boy destroys world anyway because he's still a little pussy despite your best efforts

No, Rei tried, but Shinji fucked everything up anyway.

The evangelion shitbucket

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/09/21/evangelion-launches-american-style-hardware-goods-line-with-buckets-and-mini-container-crate

Gendo is disqualified from being a Chad Thundercock, simply because he's not COOL. Kaji however...

>Is any of the EVA merch worth buying?
According to anno himself, no, go make some good use of your money.

He rejects ininstrumentali, user. Didya even watch the kimochi warui end part they were both seperate people again not one big egg of LCL...

Is Kaworu gonna be the new Eva MC now? He's on the front of everything in japan.

check with the guys in EvaGeeks , inb4 evageeks
They probably know better/ unfortunately say yes to all merch.

my suggestion is that you check who is making the item. such as clothing manufacturer.

But secretly you want to be part of this and you are jealous, like a kid watching other kids playing some stupid game, that you want to take part of, but you just can't because you think you will get hurt, isn't that right Shinji-kun?

Oh yes, look at all the people there who didn't get tanged

You are an idiot.

Everyone at Khara is Asukafags and Kaworufags

>tits and glasses saved Toji from the Rebuilds
feels good

Even fucking Mari is in front of Shinji

Right Asuka!

>Gendo is ugly as fuck and so are all the women he fucks.
So are you saying Rei is worst girl then?

>implying Gendo isn't the coolest
>literally jokes about the only woman he cares about fucking a 14 year old in front of about 10 people
Kaji is a cuck