Will KyoAni ever make a main character as good as Kumiko again?

Will KyoAni ever make a main character as good as Kumiko again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give it time.

Kumiko has a boyfriend, you dyke

Asuka is a girl.

>/U/phonium is kyoani original
Yeah, fuck off.

they've made one before

Technically true. The source material comes from KyoAni's own light novel label.

No it doesn't. Hibike is a regular novel by Takarajimasha.

Will any studio make a main character as good as Kumiko?

Kumiko a shit.

Kumiko is humanity's greatest achievement, so no. You just can't beat the fluff.

>You just can't beat the fluff.
Sure you can, just don't shave down there for a while.

You know that Hibike is adapted from a book, right?

She's such a cutie

Doesn't matter, Kyoani adaptations make the characters their own. They can spin gold out of straw.

That art is so good

I would say the PW novels are better if not for the fact that Mai gets more relative focus in the anime.

Her cuteness is really unique, too. After we get to know her and her usually cynical nature, a genuine smile feels just so much more earned and cute. Kumiko can be very harsh if she wants to and also quite unforgiving, but at the same time she's still fair and when she smiles at you that way, you know it's because she actually really likes and appreciates you. It's really easy to fall in love with her when she looks at you that way.

I LOVE KUMI

What's so special about her? Serious question here, I rarely see Sup Forums liking a MC so much.

have you watched the show?

>when she gets serious about senpai
best

Fluff and geh

Kumiko wants to improve!

There are some superficial aspects like:
-cute and unique fluffy design
-cute and also quite unique voice and noises

But there is also a lot to her realistic and down to earth personality:
-cynical to a reasonable degree, but can also act warm and passionate depending on the situation
-dorky in a fun and cute way
-can be super honest and real if need be (probably one of her best traits which happens more and more often as the plot goes on. This is also the reason most people end up liking and respecting Kumiko in the show)

These are just some general statements, but all of them can be seen in the show. But it's not just what she does, but also how she comes to do these things. One example would be that it's easy to empathize with her struggle to be honest with Reina in the beginning. She didn't want Reina to be angry at her, but at the same time she just couldn't help thinking it was weird how she was so upset back then. In the end she blurts out a lot of stuff in front of Reina at the back of the school because she didn't want to go on not being honest. It's a little awkward, but at the same time super genuine and we appreciate her attempt at being a good and honest person. Plus her awkardness is kind of cute, too. These sort of things make it easy to get attached to her and also to want her to succeed.

A lot of it is also presentation. Kyoani did a fantastic job at bringing her to life, for example by animating smaller habits like her yawning on the train or playing with her toes. Her VA also did a great job at that, like when she uses a different and more apathetic tone when talking to her family and so on. Overall she feels very real.

There are many many things, but in general it's her endearing personality and her sarcastic charm that simply make her really fun to watch.

Mai >>>>>>>>>> Kumiko

Ignore this post. It's just some idiot trying to start an argument.

The noises and fluffyness are what makes Kumiko the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg

This sounds pretty reasonable to me.

UMAKU
NARITAI

Would you sniff this Kumiko?

I would sniff any Kumiko