Are high end displays necessary for anime? or you are good with a mid range TV?

Are high end displays necessary for anime? or you are good with a mid range TV?

No.
Yes.

for most anime a phone or tablet is enough for me.

I just got a 65 inch and it's like a whole new experience watching anime on it.

You can watch average seasonal trash on pretty much anything,
but you might want to use better display for well produced titles or movies.

I use my fucking phone because I'm not allowed to bring a computer into camp. Life is suffering

What the actual fuck

>high end displays
But anime isn't even done in 60 FPS.

Is it so surprising

At least I have a nice budget IPS monitor at home to enjoy muh grainy BD remasters

depends on the phone mate.
Watching anime on a superAMOLED display is fantastic.

>not just using a crt with old vhs tapes you bought back in the day
How young are you?

>camp
underage b&

What matters would be the color accuracy. Do you need an IPS or OLED? No. It does make the viewing experience better though.

For digital anime? It's not like TVs are really expensive these days, and most anime is still 1080p and will be for a long time, so you'd be a fine with something that's not top of the line.

What's the best player/format to watch on phone?

I use VLC and its trash. Can't watch a single episode of Made in Abyss (720p AVC mkv)

Lol no. You don't need anything more than 480p. The quality just isn't there because its a DRAWING. What? Do you think you will magically see pores on a characters face or make out a character in the far background? Nah. Its just not there.

Good quality color reproduction/contrast is good though.

Depends of the person. I just bought an OLED laptop just because I couldnt stand the contrast of IPS, but if you dony mind/notice any of that then save yourself some money/headaches.

Watching anime on a nice tablet in bed is the best and ultra comfy.

MX Player famalam

Too lazy. Just get a projector, build a housing, buy some Bluetooth solar garden speakers and get a high reflectivity water resistant glass particle screen and mount it to the side of your barn or house and watch it under the stars.

I built my system just to celebrate liru projects release.

>not mpv-android

Just stream everything like a normal person, if you are lucky you will get at least one good show a year that is worth download and watch the BD rips. The last show that I download was ping-pong

Absolutely not. The same applies to video games too. Gaymers bother me like nothing else.

Army retard

Back to le.ddit

What counts as "high-end*

It's far more important that whatever monitor/tv you use is aligned in such a way you can read the subs while watching.
Something that's hard to appreciate until you're sitting a foot away from an ultrawide monitor, and you can't enjoy shit.

ES file explorer
share folder on network
mxplayer

>Just stream everything like a normal person

Some time ago you wouldve been chewed out to bits on Sup Forums
Guess its a normie board now

>format
For HS, watch it as it is. For fansubs, the main problem is the subtitle filter since you want to view heavy typesetting as intended (someone really needs to port xy-VSFilter to mobile). You have to make a hardsubbed re-encode using something like megui because it uses VSFilter to load .ass subtitles (make sure the fonts are installed). Don't use handbrake and its derivatives, it will break a lot of subs. There are some groups that do this, you can just grab Deadfish or RightShiftBy2 for TV, Noobsubs for BD (Jacobswaggedup hardsub properly but they use bad settings and their encodes are bitrate-starved), you won't always find the shows you want though. Of course it's better if you used a computer but mobile devices are convenient if you're on the road, in the bath or whatever.

The x1 or that ugly alienware? Are you satisfied with it?

>normie
yo'ur're right user

Okay I'm a normie but i'll bite, what were you doing before streaming? Is the difference between normie and patrician streaming vs downloading?

I watch everything on my 27" computer screen.

There's a decent amount of anime that benefits from 720p. There's a smaller but still significant amount of anime that benefits from 1080p. Good color reproduction is also important. Being able to play native 24fps is a plus as it's superior to using software solutions to remove judder

I'm too embarrassed to post in Sup Forums. Why do my anime have what I think is called "banding", especially when it is dark? I can see lines in the blackness.

I use BSplayer. I dunno if its the best, but for ME it just has it all.

Its a painful route, but use Handbrake to reencode the videos for use on problematic phones/tablets/players. handbrake is piss easy to use (not one of those one button shitty programs), it has presetted encoding profiles for many scenarios, the end quality is fairly good and its fast.

>I can see lines in the blackness.
Good for you. I see them in almost every colored area.

>le all anime is shit meme
Fuck off and kill yourself. Your kind has ruined Sup Forums.

Multiple possibilities. Find a good scene that exhibits banding, take a screen shot, and post it. This will help determine whether it's a monitor problem, a player problem, or a source problem

some combination of bad production, bad broadcast, and bad re-encoding. The latter two generally due to a tradeoff between bitrate and quality.

It's almost certainly not your display's fault.

It's not so much before streaming, as it is before steaming became decent. Say what you will about Diaz, but CR provides an arguably good level of quality with it's streams.

The elitism comes from a time when the best streams were artifact ridden 120p streams from aggregator websites, and this was the sole implication of claiming to stream.

It's very possible he's using a shitty player that's not properly dithering 10 bit anime or something. Or a shitty monitor with a 6 bit panel and again bad dithering. We need more info. The fact that it mostly affects dark scenes could be because they're more difficult to compress. Or it could be related to him improperly selecting PC (0-255) vs TV *(16-255) levels or something (not certain this could cause banding but I think it may).
CR streams are very variable in quality. Banding is common.
Of course a lot of Japanese TV is poor quality as well. BS11 usually is better than CR which is usually better than Tokyo MX

Daiz is that you