Illinois Bishop Bans Sen. Dick Durbin from Receiving Holy Communion over His Pro-Abortion Stance

>Bishop Thomas J. Paprocki of Springfield, Illinois, says that Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) is “cooperating in evil” and persisting in “manifest grave sin” because of his abortion advocacy and must therefore “not be admitted to Holy Communion until he repents of his sin.

>The bishop’s statement followed on a recent procedural vote on a bill that would have outlawed abortion after 20 weeks into pregnancy, a bill that Durbin supported.

>Of the 24 U.S. senators who identify as Catholic, 14 voted against the bill, despite the fact that it directly contradicts Catholic teaching regarding the sacredness of innocent human life and the evil of abortion.

> The names of the 14 Catholic senators who voted against the 20-week abortion ban are:
Dick Durbin (D-Illinois)
Claire McCaskill (D-Missouri)
Heidi Heitkamp (D-North Dakota)
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-New York)
Patty Murray (D-Washington)
Maria Cantwell (D-Washington)
Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nevada)
Tim Kaine (D-Virginia)
Jack Reed (D-Rhode Island)
Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont)
Ed Markey (D-Massachusetts)
Bob Menendez (D-New Jersey)
Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
Susan Collins (R-Maine)

breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/23/illinois-bishop-bans-sen-dick-durbin-from-receiving-holy-communion-over-his-pro-abortion-stance/

lifenews.com/2018/02/22/catholic-bishop-denies-communion-to-pro-abortion-democrat-sen-dick-durbin-until-he-repents-of-his-sin/

Other urls found in this thread:

dio.org/communications/press-releases/423-statement-from-bishop-paprocki-on-senate-failure-to-pass-pain-capable-unborn-childrens-act.html
therealpresence.org/eucharst/book/dctrine2.htm
ewtn.com/expert/answers/sspx_fssp.htm
churchmilitant.com/news/article/springfield-bishop-rebukes-abp.-blase-cupich-his-notion-of-conscience
lifenews.com/2013/05/07/pope-francis-pro-abortion-politicians-ineligible-for-communion/
pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/pope-francis-holds-first-meeting-with-abuse-victims/
lanuovabq.it/it/barros-la-lettera-choc-che-smentisce-il-papa#.WnyNm8J3sno.twitter
bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/01/19/pope-francis-company-man/kfE0f7wFLDuMN2Uqg2hbQL/story.html
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/01/15/abortion-campaigner-says-she-is-very-honoured-by-pontifical-award/
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/06/17/head-of-vatican-pro-life-academy-defends-appointment-of-nigel-biggar/
w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/apost_letters/1988/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_19880815_mulieris-dignitatem.html
lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-bishop-paprocki-bars-pro-abortion-sen.-durbin-from-communion-until
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I was in Catholic school I took a Eucharist from Mass, hid it in my pocket, and then threw it in a urinal and pissed on it, which technically renders me excommunicated.

How much pussy did you slay being that edgy?

Why?

It's about damn time the Catholic bishops start excommunicating the pro abortion Democrats

I was an edgy atheist.

Not much.

Pretty fucking blasphemous. I can't imagine devoting this much energy and obsession towards something I hate.

>Reconciliation

It's time to repent

It still doesn't make sense though, if God isn't real you just peed on a cracker. Why bother?

You must be 18 to post here, Jayden.

this is the first non-faggotry from the Catholic church I've seen in years
edge, user

Good. It’s time for the “church of nice” to back up and return to pre-Vat II days.

Planned Parenthood is a temple for moloch

I've got one as well.
Basically when I was receiving communion one time I forgot to say the word "Amen" and the church bitch wouldn't let go of the body of Christ until I said it. However, I had already put my hands out and started to close them. This was essentially a tug of war with the body of Christ. It then broke and I took my part feeling pissed why she just didn't give me the whole thing.

I'm not proud of it.

I do feel bad about it, but I couldn't imagine how mortifying confessing it would be.

"psssh...nothin personnel...kid..."

>implying

>Statement from Bishop Thomas John Paprocki on Senate Failure to Pass Pain-Capable Unborn Children’s Act

"...Fourteen Catholic senators voted against the bill that would have prohibited abortions starting at 20 weeks after fertilization, including Sen. Richard Durbin, whose residence is in the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois. In April 2004, Sen. Durbin’s pastor, then Msgr. Kevin Vann (now Bishop Kevin Vann of Orange, CA), said that he would be reticent to give Sen. Durbin Holy Communion because his pro-abortion position put him outside of communion or unity with the Church’s teachings on life. My predecessor, now Archbishop George Lucas of Omaha, said that he would support that decision. I have continued that position.

Canon 915 of the Catholic Church’s Code of Canon Law states that those “who obstinately persist in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.” In our 2004 Statement on Catholics in Political Life, the USCCB said, “Failing to protect the lives of innocent and defenseless members of the human race is to sin against justice. Those who formulate law therefore have an obligation in conscience to work toward correcting morally defective laws, lest they be guilty of cooperating in evil and in sinning against the common good.” Because his voting record in support of abortion over many years constitutes “obstinate persistence in manifest grave sin,” the determination continues that Sen. Durbin is not to be admitted to Holy Communion until he repents of this sin. This provision is intended not to punish, but to bring about a change of heart. Sen. Durbin was once pro-life. I sincerely pray that he will repent and return to being pro-life."

dio.org/communications/press-releases/423-statement-from-bishop-paprocki-on-senate-failure-to-pass-pain-capable-unborn-childrens-act.html

You have to be 18 to post here faggot

Is the Catholic Church regrowing a spine?

>how mortifying NOT confessing it would be

God WANTS to forgive sin
seek forgiveness, mercy and peace in the sacrament of Reconciliation user

The reaction is coming it seems to me. Even among the more liberal Catholics there seems to be a consensus that things have gone too far. Amoris Laetitia was the first straw; then Francis' defence of Barros and Karadima in spite of the mountains of evidence of abuse; then the betrayal of the "underground" Church in China and the capitulation to the ChiComs; and, most recently, the push in Germany lead by Marx to bless sodomitical "unions". The rug has been pulled out from people and they're lost, confused, and frustrated, even though these people are 50 years late to the party.

Now if my own diocese grew a pair and started hammering down on these unrepentant abortionists and homosexualists, I could at least find some comfort.

It's not as mortifying as hell user.
Priest will be glad to talk with and council you. He wants the best for you so will be merciful and kind in hearing your sins.
Seriously the Church used to only give confession once in a mans life. Now you can go to Church anywhere so long as you're baptized and receive the sacrament to be reconciled to God's Church. Very merciful.

Also man up, definition of effeminacy is refusal or unwillingness to do something good on account of wanting to avoid the suffering that comes with it.

Based bishop

How can you even be Catholic and support abortion. It's been the stance of the Church from the beginning.

Just say "Amen" next time little fickle faggot autist.
>hur i did it wrong but its not myself
I would have whipped you in the mouth with a ruler.

Quite simply, the people pushing abortion within the Church, much as the people who are pushing homosexuality (who are even more dangerous and flagrant, in my view), are subversives. I can only guess that they have not an ounce of faith in God or the Church, and care only about transforming the Church to fit their own subjective reality. Precisely why Amoris Laetitia is such an awful, indefensible thing. It is fundamentally subversive of the Church's entire moral theology, and a direct attack on the Moral Law.

"Personally opposed to, but..." is also no argument, and no excuse.

Fuck that apostate following cuck.

So how do we convince the damn bishops to get rid of Francis?

>receiving communion on the hand
You fucked up

By rallying around our orthodox prelates and priests. Men like Bp. Athanasius Schneider, for example. Stop attending the NOM, and if you have to attend then place not a single penny on the collection plate.

It's also important to remember that Francis is only a single cell in a cancerous tumor. Getting rid of France will not fix the issue, which is essentially the silent apostasy referred to by JPII (who himself wasn't much better) and the heresy of modernism. These things predated Francis and will also outlive him.

But, personally, I'm with the Venerable Fulton Sheen. I don't think for a second that any return to tradition in orthodoxy is going to come from clerics. It's going to come from the laity.

I hope so. There are so many cucktholics and Mexicans in my parish though.

Our bad leaders is our chastisement from Christ.

Yes, I also think that's the case. There's a clear connection between Fatima and the revelations of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, through whom Christ warned France what would happen if they did not repent and make satisfaction for their sins, and if the King did not consecrate his Kingdom to the Sacred Heart. God has handed us to our enemies as He did to the Jews many times for our wickedness.

SSPX or FSSP - look for a parish in your area.

>Having defined what takes place in transubstantiation, the Council of Trent identifies the extent of this presence. Christ is literally present wherever the physical properties remain of what had been bread and wine. Says Trent, "If anyone denies that in the venerable Sacrament of the Eucharist the whole Christ is contained under each of the species and under every portion of either species when it is divided up, let him be anathema." (Session 13, can.3)

The key word here is "species". The Eucharistic species are the physical properties of what used to be bread and wine before transubstantiation - the species are what is sensibly perceptible in the Holy Eucharist. The species are the size, texture, taste and weight of what was formerly bread and wine.

What does the Church tell us about the species? She infallibly teaches that the entire Christ is entirely present in every particle of the consecrated host and in every drop of what looks and tastes like wine. In the whole Host, Christ is there. Broken in half, Christ is in both parts. Even a single particle contains the whole living Christ.

We are also told that the whole Christ is fully and equally present in either species, so we do not have to receive under both forms. A single drop in the chalice after consecration contains the whole Christ.

therealpresence.org/eucharst/book/dctrine2.htm

You're only hurting yourself with that kind of disrespect

Kekd and checked

How the fuck do Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins even claim to be a Republican.

>background/standing info on sspx & fssp

ewtn.com/expert/answers/sspx_fssp.htm

>Pope Francis: Pro-Abortion Politicians Ineligible for Communion

A 2013 letter from Pope Francis says pro-abortion politicians should not be eligible for communion in the Catholic Church.

In the letter, Pope Francis directed the Argentinean bishops to govern the Church there following the Aparecida Document.

The text states, in part, “[people] cannot receive Holy Communion and at the same time act with deeds or words against the commandments, particularly when abortion, euthanasia, and other grave crimes against life and family are encouraged. This responsibility weighs particularly over legislators, heads of governments, and health professionals.”

“These are the guidelines we need for this time in history,” the pope wrote to the bishops.

abortion is nigger population control, why would you want it gone?

"SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (ChurchMilitant.com) - In a rare move, the bishop of Springfield, Illinois is publicly correcting fellow Illinois prelate Abp. Blase Cupich of Chicago and his false notion of "conscience."

In a letter to the editor published over the weekend in The State Journal-Register, Bp. Thomas Paprocki responded to a local dissenting Catholic who had praised Abp. Cupich for his erroneous remarks about Holy Communion.

"Individuals must form their consciences in accord with Church teaching. Conscience assesses how a person's concrete action in a given situation accords with Church teaching — not to determine whether one agrees with or accepts Church teaching in the first place." "
churchmilitant.com/news/article/springfield-bishop-rebukes-abp.-blase-cupich-his-notion-of-conscience

Well, I like Francis on this at least.

Are there any other intredasting Poles in the US?

Huh a church official actually taking a hard stance on a basic principle.

>Thank God for Pope John Paul II & Saint Faustina Kowalska

Fair and defensible enough theologically. I'd like to have seen the same be done for the Iraq war, and now for continuing support for Saudi Arabia's Yemen war, etc.

this is exactly what the church should be doing all the time

The Catholic Church can't do the same for wars since abortion is a much less negotiable subject than whether you support a particular war is

>Pope Francis: Pro-Abortion Politicians Ineligible for Communion
(1/2)

A letter Pope Francis sent to the bishops of Argentina in late March is getting note from a pro-life Catholic group that says it is encouraging for pro-life advocates because it says pro-abortion politicians should not be eligible for communion in the Catholic Church.

In the letter, Pope Francis directed the Argentinean bishops to govern the Church there following the Aparecida Document.

The text states, in part, “[people] cannot receive Holy Communion and at the same time act with deeds or words against the commandments, particularly when abortion, euthanasia, and other grave crimes against life and family are encouraged. This responsibility weighs particularly over legislators, heads of governments, and health professionals.”

“These are the guidelines we need for this time in history,” the pope wrote to the bishops.

Judie Brown, president of American Life League, a U.S.-based pro-life group, and Michael Hichborn, director of Defend the Faith for American Life League, sent a letter to all U.S. Catholic bishops alerting them to what Pope Francis wrote.

“We are renewed in our joy over the election of Pope Francis. One of the reasons for our happiness is the Holy Father’s reiteration of Catholic teaching as enunciated in canon 915,” the letter reads.

“We pray that these words will be an encouragement to you as well because, like Argentina, the United States has her share of Catholics in public life who persist in their support of abortion while, at the same time, receiving Christ in the sacrament of Holy Eucharist,” it continues. “We write to ask you, in view of this recent news report, to act on Pope Francis’ call and deny the sacrament of Christ’s real presence-body, blood, soul, and divinity-to every pro-abortion Catholic in public life who has not repented of his support for the heinous crime of abortion.”

Pope Benedict is /our pope/

>pic related, eternal jude is watching you
Good goy

(2/2)

The communion issue was exacerbated when, despite their pro-abortion views, Vice President Joe Biden and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi both received communion at the Mass to celebrate Pope Francis’ inauguration. Biden’s office confirmed to the Washington Times that he had received communion and reporters in the White House presidential reporting pool confirmed in an email to LifeNews that Pelosi had received it as well. Pope Francis did not administer the sacrament.

Father Frank Pavone told the LifeNews he opposed the two pro-abortion politicos receiving communion since their pro-abortion views are outside the teachings of the Catholic Church.

The Priests for Life leader said, “At a Mass during which our new Pope emphasized the duty public officials – and all the rest of us – have to protect the weakest among us, Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi have the audacity to receive Communion while publicly renouncing their responsibility to protect the weakest among us.”

“Some Church leaders mistakenly think we are advocating the use of the Eucharist as a ‘weapon.’ In fact, we are defending the Eucharist from being used as a political tool. These politicians have no respect for what the Eucharist means: an integral, consistent union with Christ and with all our brothers and sisters. To receive Christ while rejecting the unborn is a slap in the face to both,” he added.

lifenews.com/2013/05/07/pope-francis-pro-abortion-politicians-ineligible-for-communion/

>Seriously the Church used to only give confession once in a mans life
Wait, really?
Deathbed confessionals only?
Guess people wanted to hedge their bets against accidental death

Would love to see the R's take back one of the Illinois senate seats like they did a few years back.

Dude, I elected to forego the divider and stand face to face with the Father, on his request, and ask forgiveness before his ancient face for coming multiple times in a man's asshole, among many other various and sundry acts. I believe in God. I know I fucked up. You must confess to rejoin true communion with the Church.

I think you need to understand that the Pope is essentially a Peronist in his worldview. He says one thing out of one side of his mouth and says another out of the other side, or says one thing and does another.

Take, for instance, his 2014 meeting with victims of clerical abuse. "All bishops must carry out their pastoral ministry with the utmost care in order to help foster the protection of minors [...] and they will be held accountable."

pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/pope-francis-holds-first-meeting-with-abuse-victims/

Strangely, not even a year after this, Francis decided to appoint Juan Barros as bishop of Osorno, against the recommendation of the CDF and in spite of widespread protests among locals of Osorno.

lanuovabq.it/it/barros-la-lettera-choc-che-smentisce-il-papa#.WnyNm8J3sno.twitter

If we then jump to 2018, we see Francis defending Barros and claiming that there is no evidence of abuse. Not only that, he accuses the accusers of Barros of calumny and slander, even though their testimony was used in court.

bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/01/19/pope-francis-company-man/kfE0f7wFLDuMN2Uqg2hbQL/story.html

On the issue of abortion, it might be worth considering that one of the chief abortionists in Europe, Lilianne Ploumen, was made Dame of the Order of St. Gregory the Great by the Vatican. Did Francis object? Not that I've heard.

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/01/15/abortion-campaigner-says-she-is-very-honoured-by-pontifical-award/

>coming multiple times in a man's asshole

I hope this wasn't the exact wording. You're not usually supposed to be too explicit. Confessing the nature and of the act is usually sufficient, and doesn't risk tempting or disgusting the listener.

nature and species*

I remember typing species out, don't know how it got deleted.

I'll try to just post this once.

I was an alter server for nearly a decade.
I attended Catholic school from kindergarten until senior year of high school in a very active diocease in the suburbs of a major US city.

Catholicism has adherents who are hypocritical, misogynistic, racist, impolite bullies.

However, many clergy I would argue are incredibly apolitical and just like the fact that they don't pay taxes and get to be a healing presence in people's times of need.

They are pretty much social workers who believe certain (supernatural) things as "T"ruth and "T"radition, but that stuff is in many cases (for better or worse) secondary to the general altruism that many Catholic clergy profess and partake in.

The super technical, rigid, strict clergy tend not to be liked by typical parishioners because those clergy may be inconsiderate in other aspects of being a pastor to a parish.

Anyway, there is CULTURAL Catholicism and RELIGIOUS Catholicism...

CULTURAL Catholicism includes:
- the Kennedy family
- Georgetown, Notre Dame, Villanova, Fordham, Boston College, etc. (the Jesuits)
- Democrats who descended from discriminated Irish and Italians.

these Democrats feel that allowing a woman to choose to abort based on her circumstances is Merciful, in line with Catholic social teaching.
The fetus is not yet viable, so it cannot constitute a "LEGAL" life. The important point is separating LEGAL and RELIGIOUS... To conflate the two generally destroys a democratic, capitalist civil society.

RELIGIOUS Catholicism has to do with believing in the Trinity, Transubstantiation, and following Canon Law verbatim.

>By rallying around our orthodox prelates and priests. Men like Bp. Athanasius Schneider, for example. Stop attending the NOM, and if you have to attend then place not a single penny on the collection plate.
Eh, my parish pastor is, so far as I know, a pretty damn good guy. He's there to shepherd us spiritually, and he is a theological purist. I have no problem supporting the efforts of the church.

Now the lay leadership and even some of the parish diaconate border on blasphemous at times. I had a deacon teach with authority that it was okay for two people, widowed and widower, to have an unmarried affair; that "if you act with love in a non-harmful way" there was no reason to stop doing what you were and that you hadn't sinned. There is also resentful sentiment towards the male only priesthood.

Kike btfo

>I think you need to understand that the Pope is essentially a Peronist in his worldview. He says one thing out of one side of his mouth and says another out of the other side, or says one thing and does another.

I disagree with that claim user.

Your examples are individual, particular decisions which deserve appropriate scrutiny and redress in context but don't necessarily amount to your claim of Pope Francis being a peronist in his worldview.

Appropriate scrutiny and redress of particular decisions is due in certain circumstances, including some of the examples you listed.

I would turn that accusation back on you. Have you scrutinised the article you posted? Have you measured what Francis has said against what he has done? Have you judged the tree by its fruit?

I see no crackdown whatever on abortionists coming from on high. If the Ploumen affair is not sufficient to raise your eyebrows, I wonder if the appointment of abortionist Nigel Biggar to the Pontifical Academy for Life (oh, the irony) serves?

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/06/17/head-of-vatican-pro-life-academy-defends-appointment-of-nigel-biggar/

An appointment, as it happens, approved by Francis himself. So, what is the logic here? Abortionist politicians are not worthy (rightly so) of receiving Communion, but they are worthy to sit at the table of the PAL? Or must we more carefully scrutanise this as well?

>Catholicism has adherents who are misogynistic, racist, impolite bullies.
Good.

>Catholicism has adherents who are hypocritical, misogynistic, racist, impolite bullies.

Your personal experience is not representative of most Catholics user.

>there is CULTURAL Catholicism and RELIGIOUS Catholicism

that distinction is heretical as you have presented it user

A Catholic cannot adhere to any position contrary to Church teaching

Your attempt at a cultural - religious distinction seems like a shameful attempt to try to justify a Catholic not adhering to Church teaching

if you get out of the Vestibule, you'll recognize that all Popes have been racially white, and that women are disempowered... How can you justify that?

Zbigniew

DEUS

don't falsely accuse me user

again, appropriate scrutiny and redress of particular decisions is due in certain circumstances, including some of the examples you listed

Also, if you'd recognize my credibility from having been involved in Catholic educational settings as well as in being involved in Alter serving.

You would recognize that diversity is not emphasized enough by many lay religious organizations. Or any lay religious groups such as Knights of Columbus tend to be islamophobic and culturally insensitive.

Even as the Catholic Church grows in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.

Many lay adherents in the West will insist upon a Eurocentric worldview, that marginalizes and deligitimizes cultural customs from those parts of the world.

If Catholicism is going to be truly, "catholic" as in universal. It MUST shed a strictly Euro-centric worldview or risk irrelevance.

Women can be nuns if they want a place in the clergy, and the Virgin Mary is of great importance to Catholics

Suck a dick, faggot

Nice bait mate.

You see what your prejudice and bias has made you.
Would Jesus be proud of your anger at recognizing that Catholicism should not be an appendage of Euro-centric oppression?

>all Popes have been racially white
what are you claiming user?

>women are disempowered
that claim is erroneous

Read the encyclical:

>Pope John Paul II
>Mulieris dignitatem (On The Dignity And Vocation Of Women)

w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/apost_letters/1988/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_19880815_mulieris-dignitatem.html

Virgin Mary has been put on a pedestal that whitewashes what sort of challenges bias and prejudice have in women having equal power as men in Catholic hierarchy.

Also, many nuns are subject to the Bishop, who clearly is always a man.

In order for the Catholic Church to survive it can't be misogynistic. And relegating women to nuns who don't have any real responsibility but to ask for money before the closing prayer and to teach children English or Math, then you'll have a real problem.

You can't hide behind a complex set of beliefs to justify bias and prejudice, because that same bias and prejudice you direct to others will eventually consume you... which may or may not be worse than eternity in hell.

Even Francis is against abortions dude. It's like the number 1 Catholic stance.

>only republicans that voted no were female

The racist assumption that many racist Catholics will support is that a non-white or a woman is INHERENTLY incapable of being a Pope. So you tell me, "user", what non-white Cardinal is qualified to be Pope... that African cardinal who talks about sovereignty all the time?

Your interpretation of Power is clearly warped. So God is a white male, and Jesus is a white male. So, white males are HOLIER than non-white, non-males?

In order for the Catholic Church to survive it must stay faithful to the teachings of Jesus Christ, and not the fads of men

Repent

Look, this is a Catholic thread, not an Episcopalian thread ok

What Jesus teaches is still debated to this day. Even if you entrust the Catholic Church to interpret and administer Dogma. It is unjustifiable to not recognize inherent prejudices and biases in the mechanisms of the Church's structure, especially in regards to the role of women and non-whites in interpretation of "the teachings of Jesus Christ".

you can't treat the Catholic Church as some old-boy network of mutual favors and oppression, otherwise that is being hypocritical in that you are using "faith" as a means to justify oppression.

I thought Catholic bishops weren't allowed to issue fatwas against politicians for how they vote anymore -- it kinda lost fashion since the invasion of Iraq.

Daily reminder that protestants are heretics

you need to be burned

>diversity is not emphasized enough
A vocation within the Church is a calling from God, and is not a matter of social engineering from man

>Knights of Columbus tend to be islamophobic and culturally insensitive.

your personal experience is not representative of most Catholics user

>a eurocentric worldview that marginalizes and delegitimizes cultural customs from those parts of the world
that claim is false and is not reflected in any Church teaching user

>the racist assumption that many racist Catholics will support
presuming Catholics are racist is a false accusation

>a woman is inherently incapable of being a Pope
A woman cannot by nature as created by God be ordained

>so God is a white male, and Jesus is a white male. So, white males are HOLIER than non-white, non-males?

The Church does not teach that user

I used to be anti-abortion/pro-life, until I found out that mostly blacks get them.

Now I think they should be cheaper and more efficient, maybe even a home kit could be made available.

>inherent prejudices and biases in the the mechanisms of the Church's structure, especially in regards to the role of women and non-whites in interpretation of "the teachings of Jesus Christ"
>some old-boy network of mutual favors and oppression
>using "faith" as a means to justify oppression

Those claims are erroneous and are not reflected in Church teaching

direct abortion is inherently evil

Durbin was one of the senators who came under fire for asking a Trump judicial nominee questions that some scholars said violate the Constitution’s prohibition on a religious test for public officials.

“When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you,” Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-CA, told Amy Coney Barrett.

Durbin joined in Feinstein’s questioning, asking Barrett, “Do you consider yourself an orthodox Catholic?”

He boasted of being the product of 19 years of Catholic education, but then admitted, “every once in a while Holy Mother the Church has not agreed with a vote of mine, uh, and has let me know.”

Bishop Paprocki cited the USCCB’s 2004 statement on Catholics in Political Life, which says, “Failing to protect the lives of innocent and defenseless members of the human race is to sin against justice. Those who formulate law therefore have an obligation in conscience to work toward correcting morally defective laws, lest they be guilty of cooperating in evil and in sinning against the common good.”

lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-bishop-paprocki-bars-pro-abortion-sen.-durbin-from-communion-until

>God WANTS to forgive sin
what stops him? omnipotent and all that ...

Your freedom of will to reject his forgiveness.

>Your freedom of will to reject his forgiveness.
that's an insurmountable obstacle for an omnipotent being in charge of declaring what is and what is not a rule or an obstacle?

Yawn. Please read intro theology. There's too much to introduce before this becomes a fruitful conversation. But in short, yes it is. Without knowing the Catholic understanding of free will, choice, and omnipotence it won't make sense.

>“When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you,” Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-CA, told Amy Coney Barrett.

Feinstein is literally a modern day Palpatine

I sincerely hope these politicians involved in this issue who publicly present themselves as Catholic do not bring just judgement on themselves for their own actions

Pray for them pol