How much better would Madoka have been if KyoAngus had made it?

How much better would Madoka have been if KyoAngus had made it?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160312060557/http://yuis-musings.tumblr.com/post/33573441213/madoka-magica-movie-beginnings-in-depth-look
web.archive.org/web/20131022145413/http://yuis-musings.tumblr.com/post/34491336339/madoka-magica-movie-eternal-in-depth-look
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Madoka with good characters
Sign me up.

But it already has good characters.

You look me right in the eye right now and tell me that Mami was a good character. You can't, that's what I though.

it would be terrible and just another forgettable mahou shojou

>no gekidan innu curry
>no kaijura ost
>most importantly no shaft gimmick

They already tried that; it was called Kyoukai no Kanata. I think you know the rest of the story.

Madoka if MadHouse made it

She's a battle-scarred veteran who represents the isolation megucas end up experiencing. In one timeline she serves as the Obi-Wan figure who shows the girls that this isn't going to be fun; in another she snaps like a twig when she finds out what their ultimate fate is and decides the Old Yeller treatment is the only way to go.

We don't have to know every single detail about a character to know their role in the story.

it would have been a lot worse. Shaft x Ume sensei is literal magic.

btw does anyone here know where I can find a list of the changes made between the series and Beginnings/Eternal, preferably with timestamps? Thanks.

I will look you in the eye while I plow your ass and tell you all the ways Mami was a good character. 2deep4u.

nvm found this if anyone cares

web.archive.org/web/20160312060557/http://yuis-musings.tumblr.com/post/33573441213/madoka-magica-movie-beginnings-in-depth-look

The movies cut out a lot of important expositional/world-building stuff, assuming you've seen the show first I guess.

Actually, I think that's only true for the first movie. The first movie covers 8 episodes, so it clearly has to cut some things. The second movie only covers 4 episodes, and actually has a longer runtime than the corresponding parts of the series.

ah, that's true. I'd like to see a similar comparison between eternal/the last 4 episodes. I only really remember the graveyard scene as a significant addition of runtime.

I found it.

web.archive.org/web/20131022145413/http://yuis-musings.tumblr.com/post/34491336339/madoka-magica-movie-eternal-in-depth-look

ah thank you so much dude!

Which factors actually change with a change in studio besides the in-house animators?

the va cast and ost would def change since kyoani doesn't work with aniplex

dunno about the character design and i can't imagine a kyoani show with gekidan inu curry innu curry involement

It would have more boring animation. One of the cool things was the witch animation but Kyoani would never do something like that.

Now I really want to see what the girls would have looked like if Kyoani animated them.

I'm rewatching Eternal at the moment. How did Mami know about Walpurgis at this point? I thought only Homura learned about it from experience.

Would watch

ALL

If they can animate drama cd 2 and 4 that will be great.

They've worked with their old slavemasters Kadokawa and Pony Canyon. Have they ever said they refuse to work with Aniplex?

It would have zero QUALITY, competent direction, more subtletly, and be better all around.

And Madoka would say she doesn't like Homura "that way" and start dating her male math teacher out of fucking nowhere.

Plus they'd use blurry photos for all the backgrounds.

What?

>no trippy visuals and OST
Why watch madoka even?

KyoAni does not do original stories. Their entire history is that of adaptations.

They wouldn't stand a chance of creating something decent on their first try like that.

Munto, Tamako, and Free were original

They did Tamako and, well...Yes, I think we know by now that they can't write their way out of a wet paper bag.

Yamada's fresh-out-of-film-school filter addiction.

Well, Tamako was better than Madoka at least.

>Madoka without Ume-tentei's designs
>Madoka without Inu Curry
>Madoka without Yuki Kajiura
>Madoka with KyoAni's designs
>Madoka without all the grim aspects (you know KyoAni wouldn't have let that pass)
>Madoka with lots of fan service
Ugh.

Lovely.
What if they all worked together?

It would be autistic garbage with no plot so it would be fucking terrible like k-on

why is kyoko so stacked?

We would finally get a beach episode thanks to 4.

As best meguca, she needs to be.

This needs to happen. Either by SHAFT or KyoAni.

Are these some sort of rival threads?

SAO>>>>>madoshit

Which is sooooooo much better than shitbo's fresh-out-of-film-school Dutch angles and Tarantino editing addiction.

There are a number of ways she could have known about it. If it had made landfall in any city other than Mitakihara in the recent past, rumors would start spreading pretty quickly among magical girls, and Mami seems like the paranoid type to keep tabs on magical girls in neighboring cities. However, given that Walpurgisnacht is equivalent to a category 5 hurricane, we probably would have heard something about it in the series if it had leveled another city in Japan, so it's unlikely Mami learned about it that way.

If it were traveling across the sea, then it would have appeared as a hurricane to any ship unfortunate enough to cross it. I don't think it would have shown up on satellites as a hurricane though, since the brief scene of meteorologists in episode 11 seemed to indicate that they were only now noticing the supercell-like atmospheric behavior as Walpurgisnacht approached Mitakihara. So Mami, had she been keeping track of weather in the pacific, probably wouldn't have seen anything unusual.

There's another possibility though: if Walpurgisnacht had devastated a city outside of Japan, it would explain why we wouldn't have heard about it, since it would have just been some tragedy in some foreign country that gets mentioned in the evening news and nowhere else. And if it had devastated several cities beforehand, any magical girls residing in those cities would have either had to move into other the territories of other magical girls, sparking conflict, or they would have died fighting Walpurgisnacht. If these events happened multiple times, it would have been possible to establish a trajectory.

1/2

I can understand people saying Koe no Katachi was better than Madoka. I can understand people saying Flip Flappers was better. I can even somewhat understand people saying YuYuYu was better.

Saying SAO was better should be a capital offense.

So, here's what I think happened: Walpurgisnacht first makes landfall on some island in the south pacific, and no one knows its coming. The magical girl who was defending that territory dies. Nearby magical girls hear of the devastation caused, and assume it was just a storm, but are surprised to learn that the girl there died since magical girls are pretty tough. Then Walpurgisnacht makes landfall in their city, and completely devastates their team. A good portion of those magical girls are killed, and the rest flee to neighboring territory, which of course causes conflict with the magical girls who were already there. From there word of the conflict might have reached Mami's ears, since that's exactly the kind of news that she would be looking for. She then would have noticed the twin devastation caused on multiple islands by , and had she investigated further she would have likely seen reports of ships going missing in the pacific along a route that, along with the pacific island ruination, would have had a trajectory leading directly to Mitakihara.

There's probably been rumors of it.

This bait is so bad, it deserves a permaban

As long as it's great.

Punch Homufags in the face

every second mods spend not deleting madoka threads and permanently removing the scum that inhabitated them translates to fifty thousand years purgatory

>thread going very well
Why are you upset?

about -95%

Heh, you're 10 years too early to try baiting me, kid.

Madoka is dead due to Shaft's incompetence, so there's nothing left to discuss. Time for the threads to go the way of Naruto.

download the fancut

It's lore among magical girls. Since each city has a bunch of magical girls and there's some occasional contact among them despite them being territorial you get some exchange of information. And while their life may be nasty, brutish and short it still is measured in years. Enough to perpetuate some basic facts.

And considering that walpurgis is not easy to defeat many girls might just flee instead of attempting to kill her. So they can spread the tale.

This

lurk moar

madoka hetero moe edition

May be interesting.

I think you mean it would be more moeshit with good production and be ultimately forgettable.

That's what it is already except with bad production.