Almost no cute characters, almost everyone is just plain ugly

>almost no cute characters, almost everyone is just plain ugly
>literal text walls every page
>year-long hiatuses for no reason other than the author wanting to chill
>anticlimatic as shit sometimes
>still manages to be one of the most read mangos, liked both by normies and Sup Forums

Unironically how does Togashi get away with it, anons? Any other author would have become niche at this point, at best.

>>almost no cute characters, almost everyone is just plain ugly
It has lots of waifus and husdandos, but unlike most manga it has a lot of variance in how attractive people are.
>>literal text walls every page
this arc has been very wordy but there is nothing wrong with that since lots of things are happening behind the scenes.
>>year-long hiatuses for no reason other than the author wanting to chill
yea, i cant really defend that one.
>>anticlimatic as shit sometimes
yea, but I dont think its a bad thing Hunter X Hunter tries to avoid most common battle shonen cliches, things like Meruems death or Killia leaving his family where handled well even though they where technically anti climactic.
>>still manages to be one of the most read mangos, liked both by normies and Sup Forums
cause its good.

>liked both by normies
Literally no normie has even heard of HxH.
Even some self-proclaimed anime & manga consumers tend to be oblivious about its existence.

It's the epitome of shonen trash. Hence why the fans think the show "gets gud" in the Yorknew arc when they introduced the Akatsuki 2.0, power creep, more focus on revenge plots, Kurapika's BS new powers the violate previously established lore, and jump the shark with literally dozens of characters and embrace the tropes like multiple people dying due to "overconfidence" and the hyperatustic shit like the fucking vacuum cleaner binkie

>Akatsuki 2.0
poor bait

>akatsui 2.0
conceived years before the akatsuki

oh my apologies, a "super secret shadow organization that is so super powerful that it makes the world mob and their hired assassins look like child's play"

this is complete bullshit
I did a manga library for a con this summer and HunterxHunter Volume 1 was the most requested book all weekend

we get it, you're a retard.

probably because normies fucking love shonen, it's the face of anime

My only problem with HxH is that its set up to be about 4 hunters and then gives you a bunch of shit that isn't about 4 hunters, still enjoyable though

>almost no cute characters
Are you high? Out of main 4 three are extremely cute boys, to the point that Kurapika is regulraly mistaken for a girl.

>normies

hxh is literally the most normie anime out there right now

>Hence why the fans think the show "gets gud" in the Yorknew arc
I can never tell if this is a meme or not because the show started pretty damn well. Do fans really not like it before that arc?

it's something along the lines of "too much talkie, not enough fightie"

It just gets really good in that arc. I personally think it's the highest point of the entire shounen genre.

well it's shonen so it fits

>almost no cute characters,
What the actual fuck are you talking about

could I ask why you think it gets better? What about the arc did you think made it so good?

>>almost everyone is just plain ugly

>liked both by normies and Sup Forums
Sup Forums is nothing but normies trying to convince themselves they aren't normies

>Any other author would have become niche at this point, at best.
its shonen, shonen always gets a pass

>Akatsuki 2.0
Funniest thing about this comment is that this retard isn't even being ironic with the Naruto comparison.

Do you think there is a universe that exists where HxH ended and YuYu Hakusho continued?

it's almost like people know hxh fags are easy to bait

Is Gon and Killua even gonna show up anytime soon?

I hope they do desu..

it's kurapika all day every day

Stockholm syndrome, the same reason Berserk still has readers.

because it appeals to the same reddit demographic that watches rick and morty and thinks it's really smart and somehow better than garbage like family guy/big bang theory

There are many cute characters and several popular OTPs, the text is interesting unless you're a brainlet, the pace of releases has nothing to do with your enjoyment of the final product, and there are multiple climaxes each arc. They just don't always occur at the end or in a way you expect. Meruem's death is technically an anticlimax since he died quietly from poison instead of in an epic battle, but it was still an emotionally climactic moment.

Togashi just writes interesting shit, it's not that complicated. It's unpredictable and entertaining so people get hooked.

Tons of unique powers and some very nice world-building.
I like Kurapika as a protagonist, he's pragmatic, calm and calculating, very atypical for a shounen hero.
There's real tension throughout the arc. No way to tell who'd come out on top, who would live and who would die. The conflict isn't just two sides fighting against each other but a multi-layered confrontation with several characters pursuing their own goals. There are some amazing action scenes but also careful planning and negotiations. I loved how Chrollo was defeated without a fight. Spiders were presented as an overwhelming threat that couldn't be dealt with in an all-out battle like it normally happens in a shounen series but the heroes managed to win or at least temporally neutralize them mostly using their brains.
Also, I like that a revenge plot was played completely straight, none of this "if you kill him, you're just as bad" bullshit.
Overall it feels like a cross between a shounen and a seinen or an R-rated action movie. It has fighting with superpowers, intense dark atmosphere, unexpected plot twists and a satisfying ending that at the same time serves as a great build up for a sequel.

Muh deku is a deconstruction
>Gets op power at the beginning of the show

Muh deku wont always achieve his goal
>literally says this is the story of how he becomes the world greatest hero

Muh deku doesnt have any convenient traits
>Of course he has the exact blood type needed for stains quirk to work the shortest.

Muh deku doesn't have a special plot power inside of him to help him out of situations
>One for all somehow saves him from mind control