Is the author disabled or did some manga artist just randomly decide to do a disability allegory?

Is the author disabled or did some manga artist just randomly decide to do a disability allegory?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sunoco600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whats their disabilities?

The blond is retarded and the adult is autistic.

The MC really have to do that vampire already. It was pretty obvious that she wants to suck him (because she is intoxicated with his blood) from the start and was just holding it in. The succubus is nice too but the vampire got to him first so it is too bad for her, I guess.

She rated him the least suckable, though.

they have all incurable cock-thirst

Kyouko's head and body aren't attached, for one.

I don't think they are disabled or something. You sound like those racist human who made their kind disjointed in the society. Well, if you feel that they have some kind of a disability then the author did a pretty good job making you feel their situation. But instead of demeaning them, you should show some compassion to them. If not then, you just don't get the whole point of the series.

Their disability is being too perfect.

She was obviously just tsundere-ing there. We saw how she look like when she wants to suck him. She is probably just embarrass to tell it to everybody. Vampires are sexual in nature. The more they like your blood, the more they get attracted to you. That is one reason why she wants to hang around him all the time besides cooling off.

The series is very clearly a metaphor for disabled people in the real world and some of the issues with accommodating them, bro. The main idea being that they have differences that separate them from the average person and cause them hardship even though the average person may not notice or think through the implications of their differences.

This was a good show with a pleasant MC and many cute things.

nib nib!

Physically not attached but dimensionally connected. You could even use her as a means of teleporation. Put something inside her mouth and then put some hole on her esophagus to get the object. Her body and her head was town apart and they are still remain connected. Say, you forget your wallet. They could put it in her mouth and they you could get it through the hole below her throat.

You mean through her anus, right?

>disabled people
is a poor choice of words. They are just a bunch of people who finds it hard to fit in because they are of a different race. You don't need to put a metaphor on it all all because the issue is direct and transparent. They are monsters trying to fit in a society ruled & governed by humans. Their integration to that society has not been fully established yet. For example, Kyouko's backpack. Because of the rarity of her race, nobody ever thought that they need a backpack so they can move more easily. That in itself is a good contribution for future Dullahan. You could say that the series touches on those issues and then show how they can be resolved.

I'd rather punch a hole below her throat than wait for hours to get my wallet covered with feces. That is not really the end goal here. What they need to do is to discover a way to replicate the dimensional wormholes in dullahan. The scientist who examined her is interested on that as well and would like to study her further, that is if she would allow him.

>They are just a bunch of people who finds it hard to fit in because they are of a different race.
And the real world counterparts they are based on are disabled. Allowing the girl to bend the dress code because of her physical difference is similar to the kinds of accommodations made in reality. I don't know why you think comparing them to real world disabled people is derogatory, it's the clear parallel.

>not liking her
wew

Never said that.

>why you think comparing them to real world disabled people is derogatory,
Because they are not. Would you call african-american disabled just because they have a different medicine for high blood than the rest? If you do then you are just being a racist. That is what we should stop doing. People that have different needs are not disabled or anything, Even if you make it sound smart and decent like putting it in a metaphor. I think the best parallel you could have on this is just like what you are doing which is RACISM. I'll can agree to that 100%

The point isn't that they're a difference race, I think you've just spent too much time in the current year.

An anime about muh racism would focus on society treating the girls differently in some way. For the most part that doesn't happen, the closest the series comes is when the snow woman gets 'bullied' because behavior resulting from her being different is interpreted as arrogance (this is a thing that happens to autistic people btw). The show actually focuses on objective differences between demis and normal humans and how it impacts the demis' lives in ways normal people don't realize. Obviously the message that understanding people and wanting to help them overcome problems arising from their differences is a good thing can be widely applicable. But the actual issues faced very closely resemble the issues faced by the disabled.

I was disappointed that wasn't in the subtitles.

You're saying that like there shouldn't be stories about disabilities. In fact, there have to be more of them, there's not nearly enough.

No I'm not. I was curious if the author was disabled so I asked about it.

>disabled
You seems to have fetish for disabled people. That is really creepy. Or you just hate them because they get to have privilege that you don't. Nothing would change even if you degrade them to being "disabled".

Also "autistic" is not limited to people with disability. sometimes normal people tend to be autistic themselves. Like trying to impose "disability" to people who are clearly just transitioning to fit in or opening up to a society that does not fully understand their kind yet.

Real meeting of minds going on right here.

Sup Forums was crazy for him (no homo)

You're disabled

>i'm such a fucking idiot that i never thought about the relevance of the details of the show to the oppression olympics i wanted it to be about.
>this is how i thought normal people giving birth to vampires via genetic mutations was somehow about black people.
>now that you've pointed out how i have no clue what i'm talking about i'm going to start sperging out about language and making inane accusations
can you go be retarded on tumblr or something?

Yes, having an MC that is an educated, reliable man with a stable job and well-maintained body was a nice change-of-pace in comparison to the usual beta NEET 16 year old MCs.

I just want to see an ending where he marries SUCC with all the girls wearing cute dresses when they attend the ceremony.

read this

Take your "differently abled" PC bullshit back to Tumbler or Gaionline.

I was more angry than I should have been.

>No I'm not. I was curious if the author was disabled so I asked about it.
What a lame reason to call people "disabled". You could tweet him directly if you are really serious about it.
>twitter.com/sunoco600
"Is Petosu disabled or did he just randomly decide to do a disability allegory?"
Be sure to have a lawyer ready, just in case.

>Be sure to have a lawyer ready, just in case.
Were you attempting to imply something specific with this or what?

Don't believe that user. That user was just bluffing about it. Just create a new account and send a private message. Mangakas are really secretive with their personal identities so we don't have lots of information about them. So I'm afraid we can't find the answer to your question unless we ask the mangaka directly. If you get a response, please do tell us the answer. Thanks!

Wow, you're genuinely retarded, huh? It's legitimately funny how you've quite clearly hidden your insecurities behind this idea that your own differences, whether they are of a cerebrally or physically challenged nature, are somehow the same thing as the various racial disparities throughout the world, 'though most assuredly were talking about America here, 'cause you're clearly a retarded fucking hamburger. Like, Christ, just get a clue already.

character analysis:
>special treatment ~ disability != racism
since the character are disabled then we could speculate that the author is probably disabled also.
>why didn't I thought of that?! this is genius! they really have to teach this in school.

If you're autistic, you're not normal. You might get good at faking it however. Take this from someone who is formally diagnosed.

The author just wanted a make a harem of a bunch of girls all lovey-dovey for one guy. Not sure why you think there's any sort of commentary about disabilities. It's just routine harem schlock with a quirk to try and make it stick out.

There is no harem, though, the MC is only interested in the 25 y/o virgin woman by his own admission. The rest are just students he cares about. One of them having a crush on him is pretty normal, you should now that if you have ever dealt with high school girls.

shes CUTE

good harem

You are a fucking moron.

A harem has nothing to do with how the MC feels about the love interests. It has everything to do with how the love interests feel about MC.

It's a show about a bunch of girls who are lovey-dovey with one guy. Gee, that's a harem! Fucking dumbass.

Literally X-Men: kawaii edition

Nah, that's Charlotte.

But the dumpire and the snow woman are interested in him. Its just the succubus and the dullahan.

>not interested

How fucking dumb are you? If they weren't interested then they wouldn't have close physical contact with the guy.

If I were him, I would marry that little vampire once she reach legal age. It is obvious that she likes him very much. She even did all the effort to support& cheer him up. I find it cute that she says that she does not want to suck him although it is obvious that she really wants to.The succubus looks nice but this little vampie got to him first.

>warmth and care mean physical attraction
You must have had a really lonely life. user. You can be physically close to someone without there being sexual tension or attraction.

>physical attraction

The fuck are you talking about user? That's lust. The girls are in love with the dude. That's EMOTIONAL attraction, which they have in spades.

You can be emotionally attached to a friend. If you hang out with a bunch of girls who you are friends with it doesnt mean you have a harem.

If you're the only guy there then that's exactly what it means.

Well then I suppose we have different definitions of the world. I was in a class with a deficiency of guys so my best friends throughout highschool were 4 girls out of which I was only interested in 1. Never really felt any different than hanging out with guys at other periods of my life.

That is it. This two has to get married! Sorry Machi, Sakie & Yuki. All of you can still be his friends.
>TetsuoXHikari
Wait! I'm always get confused which is the last name in Japanese. Is "Takanashi" their last name?

Why were you in a class with a deficiency of guys? Schools attempt to make the gender ratio 1:1 in all classes. Was it a private school?

Should have said all non-elective classes since obviously electives tilt one way or the other fairly often.

I'm pretty sure it's a deliberate allegory intendes to remind the reader/viewer that disabled people are still people. Which is pretty clever since Demi-cham makes an effort to actually show us how these demi-humans' daily lives are and what they have to do to integrate in society.

It's a breath of fresh air to a premise that had a lot of potential (demi-humans being introduced into human society) but nobody actually bothered to experiment with since the monmusu nichijou webcomic strips.

my bad!
>Tetsuo has Takahashi
while
>Hikari has Takanashi
I thought they have the same last name and was thinking that it would revealed that they are close relative so they can't get married. It ended up being a false alarm. Sorry! I'm glad I was wrong.

- Vampire - needing constant medicine supplies, like diabetes.
Dullahan - any physical disability
Incubus - infection
Yuki onna - psychological problems, worst girl syndrome

Why is this series considered a harem when the only potential romantic relationship is between Iron Man and the SUCCubus? The younger girls just have schoolgirl crushes on sensei and a harem involves multiple VIABLE romantic interests. Sensei clearly treats the girls like daughters and has no romantic interest in them because he's a responsible adult.

No, I was in a regular highschool, I suppose it varies based on country. They even tried to make the high school more accept more buys by reducing the grade requirements for males at one point but it didnt work out.

There are tons of harems where girls are clearly lusting for MC's cock but he is too stupid to realize this and sees everyone as friends. They are still harems, because it's not about MC's feelings towards the girls but the girls' lusting towards the MC. And you have admitted that they are indeed lusting after him.

The series is what you want it to be based on what you are interested in seeing. If you want to see a cute show where a group of girls with different issues overcome them and find friends,you have that. If you want a show where a bunch of cute girls secretly want to suck their sensei's cock dry - you have that. It depends on what you focus on and how you interpret different interactions.

Vampire - genki girl syndrome
Dullahan - self explanatory
Yuki-onna - socially retarded
Succubus - self-loathing thot

but seriously
Vampire is reliant on medication and has signs of ADHD judging by her poor performance in school and hyper personality, could also be representative of diabetics as another user said
Dullahan broadly represents crippling physical disability, she can only use one hand at a time without a special harness for her head, works really hard to overcome her shortcomings
Yuki-onna has a great personality but she also suffers from generalized anxiety so can't socialize normally
Succubus is also very anxious, aphrodisiac effect could be comparable with stigma over having STDs even if it was inherited since she's a virgin

>tried to make the high school more accept more boys
tried to make the high school accept more boys*

Seems like I was part of the special extras as well.

>If you want to see a cute show where a group of girls with different issues overcome them and find friends,you have that.

This is what I wanted. I didn't get it. The girls never talk about anything other than sensei. They never develop friendships beyond being rivals for the teacher's attention.

genuine autistic
>vampire - it is normal for them to need blood. You need to watch more vampire shows.
>dullahan - It is normal for their head to be separated from their bodies. Because of their rarity people don't know yet much about their kind. Believe me, they are not in any pain even though their heads are separate from them.
>succubus - sex addict can have STDs too. They were talking about those succubus who can't control themselves and spread deceases everywhere. The police are tracking and taking care of this problem.
>Yuki - Sad was just afraid that she would freeze people because of her power. This was already deduced that the snow formation was only her sweat.

Geez user. It is obvious that you did not pay enough attention and do not understand the series at all.

But thats not true. They talk about each-other and their issues all the time. Seems like you had one thing bugging you about the show and focused on it. But since almost every scene we see has Sensei in it I suppose it has more focus on him than what you would see if this was more of a "sitcom" style show where there is no focus on one particular person but we see the chaotic interactions of the cast as an entity, so I get where you are coming from.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or don't understand metaphor.

What is a metaphor?

Not him but it bothered me how little focus there was on them making friends with normal kids. It did happen a bit but should have been a bigger focus.

He said he is genuine autistic at the start of his post, don't bully him.

I had an issue with the pacing there. Other than the introduction of the girls and the cute OVA, the rest felt like a slog without much development in terms of relationships between any of the characters other than Succ and Sensei happening.

To be honest it feels like a romance show aimed at women in which you are supposed to self-insert as the insecure but secretly really attractive succubus as she tries to get her way to the heart of a flawless man. Has the author written any shojo manga?

I want to see her pantsu

Don't overthink it too much and just enjoy the show like everyone else. You don't have to make everybody look more miserable than you to make you feel better. This is the first time in history that I've heard someone associate demi-human circumstances to disability.
>WTH are you thinking? Geez, are you on steroids or something?
You are spoiling all the fun for everyone who likes supernatural stuff. You are poisoning our minds into thinking that they are beings that deserves our pity.

It's a shounen romance, not a shoujo one. That's where there are a bunch of girls all in love with one guy, not a bunch of guys all in love with one girl.

started
only seconds apart
waited a little longer
>(You)

You know maybe there is no metaphor. Maybe it's just a show about cute chicks struggling to make their affections known to the dude they like.

Yes but the MC fits a typical shoujo romance character than a shounen one. I know more women than men who enjoy the show but thats anecdotal anyway.

Sorry! It is for Tetsuo only. But we might have a glimpse of it. Wait! Didn't they went to the pool?

Who is best girl and why is it Succ-sensei?

This anime wouldn't have flopped if they removed that guy.

It's Hikari.

Definitely anecdotal, in Japan at least, this is targeted squarely at men. MC fits the standard shounen male other than he's slightly older and more muscular. In terms of personality though, it's like a carbon copy.

They didn't need to necessarily remove the guy, but it would have been nice to see the girls branch out beyond simply their interactions/thoughts with the guy.

If Hikari did not get to Tetsuo first, I would have chosen Sakie. But she did not. She came in later. I guess the author set it all up for Tetsuo and Hikari I'm really hyped for them. I want them to get married soon so I could see how their little demi children looks like.

Even Monster Musume has more dialogue not focused around the MC than Demi-chan

He was an unnecessary self-insert for the author who didn't realize to viewers it would come off as waifu ntr. Nobody wanted that big ugly faggot ogling their cute girls while they were doing cute things. Shoulda just canned him completely and gave us cute girl interactions.

First girl never wins nay more
Sensei only wants the succ by his own admission
Demi traits are not genetically inheritable

Really lewd but still cute at the same time.

>Sensei only wants the succ by his own admission
He can't really tell because he is just pretending not to be affected. It is still not set in stone anyway so it could swing both ways. But Hikari is making an initiative. Sakie tried too but she is still too shy. If she is desperate enough, she can use the full force of her aphrodisiac though I don't think she would want to do that.
>Demi traits are not genetically inheritable
Oh right, I remember they just pop up. Because of that, there is still a chance. One would be enough.

I enjoy it for face value but this thread made me realize the author was probably making a point about how people are people and that just because someone is different doesn't mean they aren't a person and don't have feelings.

I usually just watch stuff for face value and then if I notice something interesting I'll think about it deeper afterwards. Which is probably why Eva's my favorite anime, because it's designed to fuck with the viewer by having the themes directly go against what it represents at face value. Literary analysis is fun and the majority of narratives are going to have allegorical aspects even if the author didn't intend them because we're unconsciously influenced by our beliefs. Though I'm pretty sure the allegory/metaphor in Demi-chan is intentional because it's pretty heavy handed with focusing on how being demis affects the girls' lives, especially with how they have to work harder to function like normal people.

Tetsu-sensei is a great viewpoint character though. He's got a neutral perspective, he drives the entire premise with his interviews, and he plays the token straight man for most of the comedy.

Without him it would just be cute monster girls acting autistic instead of actually exploring uncharted territory in the monster girl/contemporary fantasy genre. Do you really want another Monmusu Nichijou except with no ecchi and K-On tier SoL where nothing happens except teenage girl drama being written by a grown man?

By unexplored territory do you mean cuck porn? The entire thing, all their interactions between themselves and him were all about getting to sensei's (not your) dick. Nothing is supposed to happen, this is a moe anime, not a plot driven story with well thought out characters. We go vampire waifu, dullahan waifu, ice waifu, succubus waifu, and even token imouto waifu. The straight man role could have been filled by anyone, even another female character. You try to act like this show was intelligent in anyway but it wasn't. They didn't learn how to get along with human students, they didn't even have time to interact with humans besides their husbando. This whole show was a failed moe slice of life, nothing more.