The Promised Neverland ch. 053 Spoilers

Summary in next post.

Credits Erinyes (MH)

- Emma asked the guy if he's Minerva, he said no. And Ray asked to see WM, but the man said there's no Minerva in this shelter.
- Ray asked where is WM, but the man answered he has no idea, then Ray asked who is he, and what'is he doing here. He answered he's basically their senpai.
- He ran away 13 years ago from plantation 13 Glory belle, thxs to a pen.
- seems he hadnt met Minerva when he arrived, so he thought he was lying.
- But hes hes fine with the sheler as there's all living convenience (food, electricity and so...) also informatiosn about the world.
- Emma asked what about the others people, he answered they re all dead, he's alone there.
- he said he knew about the fact 15 children escaped GF a week ago.
- he said something about supplies in the shelter that were limited.
- so he get rid of everything that are not necessary likes friends, hope and mercy.
- Emma wanted to react to this but he threatens her with a gun.
- not sure about this sentence, but seems he want them to leave (not sure about it)
Wew, first survival against the system, then survival against nature, now survival against other survivors. It sounds like the walking dead

>Survivor against another survivor
Not digging where this is heading

Will they beat him with the power of friendship? Or will Emma outmaneuver him, grab his gun and then the kids proceed to lynch him with their bow and arrows?

Makes you wonder even more what the fuck is Minerva's plan. Is he even still alive? Could have died leaving his shelter behind.

I don't think they'll really fight. The only thing that baffles me is that this guy managed to escape like them, so he had the books too? It's the only way to survive in the environment plus the only way to get the shelter's hatch opened.
Too many intelligent kids, come on

If we assume that he truly hasn't been back to the demons side in 15 years (hence the 2015-2045 book publishing problem) then this guy was late to the shelter by two years and the guy Krone saw was another one of his assistant. Maybe he needs to essemble an army of humans to fight for him and one fat guy who's been doing fuck all for 13 years wont cut it

These are organic farms where the quality of the brain is the most important aspect, obviously they're gonna breed and raise their humans to be smart, use that over the course of a 1000 years you're bound to get some einsteins that are capable of escape, also the pen in the GF house could've been slightly different to his own pen and might of had different uses or requirements to use, his plantation could've been closer even

If the guy's not lying, I'm more concerned about the fact that humans have escaped the plantation before, implying the Demons doing fuckall to prevent it from happening again

Not the same plantation as the kids and he could've been the first ever escapee for all we know

They've been breeding super smart and delicious humans on the farms for a while now and they get a good education.
Even the dumbest kid on the farm should be pretty smart compared to normal chilren. Only a matter of time until a genius shows up can figure out a good way to escape.

>Got rid of everyone
Really is more edgy than ray

Impossible

Ray sets the bar too high

>take that you turds!
Truly the pinnacle of niggerstream

That panel reminds so much of this one from Berserk (and its over the top translation)

>Ray - Guts
>Emma - Casca
>Norman - Griffith
It all makes sense

>Griffith
>ever having given a shit about Casca

Is the adult gonna be super smart?

Did he just point a gun at Emma? Fucking faggot, I hope he dies painfully

>lone survivor snacking on cookies with a "lack of resources"
do not trust this man

>but seems he want them to leave
First he welcomes them and now he's kicking them out, what a fag.

What does he mean, he "got rid of everything that's not necessary", did he throw his friends to the demons or something? Did he kill them?
And now he's threatening an eleven year old girl with a gun, what an edgy shitter.

The fact that he says he used to have companions but they're dead now makes him very suspicious.

He likely killed his fellow escapees when he realised Minerva wouldn't be coming and that supplies would dwindle until they get starved out of the shelter, so he killed everyone else

I really hope he doesn't stick around, what a giant piece of shit.

This is probably all an elaborate ruse and he's Minervas personal agent who needs to test the kids out to see if they're worthy of staying

I hope this is the case. Not only because he sounds like a faggot right now but also because I'm concerned as to how all his food didn't get stale after 13 years. He's gotta be getting it from somewhere.

With this character, Neverland now has the highest adult men : beards ratio in all of manga.

One Piece is probably the second highest in Jump.

We can only hope

I feel this is a test...

I wonder how Normanon would feel if Emma was the only suitable person to pass and be allowed to stay because of need to repopulate the shelter with mystery man

Maybe he made jerky out of his companions.

not even him but that's fucking nasty

I'm pretty sure food found in a nuclear fallout shelter is meant to last a lot longer than 13 years

But he had cookies right on the table. I mean, I'm no expert but it seems like they'd get stale.

Then that probably means he really is an agent, Minerva has been supplying the shelter constantly every now and then, and this is probably a hint that Emma or Ray picks up on and questions how he could have fresh non-stalemcookies if his supplies have been dwindling without being restocked for 13 years and he then say "you pass"

ever since norman "left", the series went downhill. i don't see it getting better

meanwhile in the human world

I still like it, and typically I don't have a favourite character, but I liked Norman very much, I hope he comes back or, even better, we follow his side of the story, because surely he isn't dead. Look at how fucking awesome he is

And that's how the cookie crumbles.

He'll come back eventually, he's essentially confirmed alive with the volume 4 extras
>he's not crossed out as dead while Krone is
>one of the offscreen omakes shows Mama opening his suitcase finding his cup phone and saying "I hope you'll be happy Norman"

They keep rusing the new readers putting Norman on the tankobon covers

Well he does appear as a ghost to Ray and Emma in this volume as if he was there the whole time running with them

But the cover implies he's with them, not that he's just a hallucination in their heads. It's a tease.

That one-shot was great.

Is it that weird mouths on stomachs people one-shot?

Yup.
>tfw those are real humans and the demons geneticaly engineered the second mouth away to get more meat.

Yep.

Somehow I don't think Norman's too happy wherever the hell he is.

I honestly would love if we somehow came across him being forced to work on the demon side but we actually got to see him working behind the scenes to help Emma and the group until they got him back. We'd get to follow his side too and get some insight on how things work for the demons.

One final test before being granted shelter, sounds pretty cool.

My bets are
>being used as a stud in a milking dungeon to create even more highly intelligent children for livestock
Or
>going through MtF transgender hormonal surgery to qualify as a Mama canidate and be next in line to take ovee after Izabella

Wherever he ends up he'll probably have a shock implant in his heart like Izabella and Krone to prevent him from escaping and cause a dillema for sacrificing himself to help them again

Memes aside, even if he's been kept to breed more kids in the future, he's still gotta earn his stay. I doubt they'll wanna just keep him in a room until he's mature enough to be milked and waste resources on him without gaining anything. So being as smart as he is, they'd probably want to force him to work for them. I'm willing to bet their scientists are the ones breeding the mamas.

Emma looks so fucking cool.

Does inheritance of intelligence from parent and offspring even work like that just because the parent studies hard to get even smarter?

Usually I'd say no, I don't think it's an largly inheritable trait (someone correct me if I'm wrong though) but I think there's a case of selectively biology here. The brain doesn't really stop developing or maturing at 12 years old like it was implied in the first couple of chapters so if they pull something like this no one would really bat an eye.
Still, it would be a waste to just use Norman as breeding fodder when he's extremely intelligent.

>ever since norman "left", the series went downhill. i don't see it getting better

The series went downhill from the moment the children managed to escape without losing anything but their ears.

So, Norman's absence is not the problem, his presence is what it was.

In the forest, Ray was able to solve everything easily. And now, after training for one page, Emma has probably become the smartest hunter in the world.

Too many Einsteins, too little stakes.

You know, I can take Emma because she at least has some personality to keep me interested but damn Ray is extremely fucking boring lately which is a shame because he used to be my favorite.

I want Emma to be my husband.

Shut up, MtF Norman.

>implying sex changes are needed

that's actually quite cute.

I have a slight feeling nothing about his character is going to change when he's back so you're going to be in for a world of agony, user.

He'll probably come back thanks to another super mega hyper plan.

Him outsmarting an entire facility of demons would be too much though, wouldn't it? Shouldn't he get rescued? I dislike rescue arcs but I think I'd hate it even more if he just got away, how underwhelming.

kek

>Cry in agony
>look forward to it
what did he mean by this?

Shirai a bully.

I miss my husbando Norman.

Just caught up with the manga. I'm glad I gave this a chance, it's fucking great.

I can see some minor sparse timeskips so we actually follow these characters growing up to become some kind of resistance or something.

I doubt we'll get a large timeskip. I'd gather two years is the furthest it can go in order to make it possible to save Phil and the other kids.

>took his most prized possession
>be happy Norman!
Fuck Mama.

>Fuck Mama.
Gladly.

>he's mature enough to be milked

uhm dude I am sure he can be milked already

t.someone with a little brother

It never really occured to me until just now but Mama is literally a virgin

11 year old sperm a shit. And why are you milking your brother?

I'm kind of losing interest in this series. It had a really strong start too. I'll wait a while and pick it back up later so I can binge read it.

I'm calling the police

No hymen to tear through, though. Unless the demons gave her a C-section.

Mama is not for lewd. Mama is for death.

>still no naked ray in a jar

maybe this guy will force ray to strip and enter a jar?

They probably did as to not risk her or the Ray dying in childbirth and losing Izabella as their new Mama canidate

>Mama is not for lewd.
There's material out there which has led me to believe otherwise.

>drawing Emma with tits
Fuck you.

Are you talking about a certain fanfiction?

She's 11 going on 12 in 4 months time, girls hit puberty well before boys after all

She's going to grow into a well developed and beautiful woman, user.

Stop and don't go any further pls. Even before the mother and son reveal this relationship is already fucked up for obvious reasons

In the future, yeah. Right now, tits on Emma should be considered a crime.

I could be.

>Tits on Emma
She'll still look like this as an adult

>she's whoring herself out to Norman in both pics
I am noticing a pattern.

Does that mean I have your permission to appreciate Emma physically once she hits puberty?

_No.

Well, fine.
I'll lewd Norman instead.

What's so fucked up about a 31 year old woman establishing a relationship with a 12 year old kid she has practically raised since he was a baby?

Norman is already a hormonal fuck so that's fine-

Seriously speaking I'd at least hope she grows her hair a little bit. I don't want the characters to spend the entire story looking the same and it's not like she can get it any shorter unless she goes bald.

Do you think the kids will get a change of clothes in the shelter? I can't imagine their white uniforms will stay white for long.

It's illegal in non 3rd world shithole countries