Was Byron Smith justified?

Should homeowners be allowed to kill intruders?

Let's look at the case of Byron Smith:
>Byron Smith is a retired 64 year old man
>"Prior to the incident, Smith had been burglarized at least half a dozen times over the preceding few months. Among the items stolen were thousands of dollars in cash, the watch his father had received after spending nearly a year as a POW in World War II, medals and ribbons Smith had earned in the Air Force during the Vietnam War, several firearms, and jewelry."
>Police tell him "don't bother us" and "get a security system"
>November 22, 2012, two cousins (one male, one female) ages 17 and 18 break into his home
>Smith lies in wait at the bottom of his stairs with a mini 14 and shoots the boy dead. The girl comes in a few minutes later.
>Shoots her, but his rifle jams. He finished her off by putting a .22 revolver under her chin and pulling the trigger.
>You can hear the boy being killed at 3:15. At 13:33 the girl calls out: "Nick?" and is killed shortly after. youtube.com/watch?v=iyZxtz-4PKU&t=816s
>Smith is found guilty of two counts of first degree murder and is currently serving life in prison without parole

Other notes: "Smith moved his truck earlier in the day. He claimed it was in order to clean his garage. Prosecutors argued at his trial that it was an attempt to make the house look abandoned in order to lure the burglars into his home"

IMO, he was justified. If you listen to the audio recordings, he rambles about diarrhea and shit, he is clearly a little out there. But law enforcement failed him repeatedly, and he was forced to take things into his own hands.

He did nothing wrong.

This makes me so angry

>make the house look abandoned in order to lure the burglars into his home"
There is literally fucking nothing wrong with this
More the the point, he fucked up in that he didn't immediately call 911
Had he called as they broke in it would've turned out better, but didn't he wait hours before finally contacting anyone?

Yeah I remember this. Feeling was kind of 50/50, on the one hand yeah, I don't feel bad the kids got blasted, but he made the whole thing very suspicious. I think this is more a failure of the cops then him shooting them but the way he went about sounds more like he set the whole thing up

He did nothing wrong, but he was foolish to execute them as that will remove any sympathy a court or clueless lemming may have for him. Fools bring their fate upon themselves.

Absolutely. I've reviewed this case over and over...Byron did nothing wrong

FPBP

>Seconds later when Kifer entered the basement, he shot her at the top of the stairs. Wounded, she fell down the stairs, and after Smith's rifle jammed, he shot her multiple times in the chest with a 22-caliber revolver, dragged her across the floor to set her beside the body of her cousin, and then shot her fatally under the chin.

I think he went too far with the girl.

Yes, if you come to my property uninvited, I will fucking kill you

>Prosecutors argued at his trial that it was an attempt to make the house look abandoned in order to lure the burglars into his home
This is on the same level as "wearing miniskirt is an invitation for rapist"

>he was foolish to execute them as that will remove any sympathy a court or clueless lemming may have for him

That has nothing to do with why he got convicted. He bragged about his baiting plan to the cops and other people he knew. If he had just kept his big mouth shut and said "I killed two home intruders with gunshots to the back of the head" I guarantee the cops wouldn't have even pressed charges

The 12 Tables of Roman Law clearly state that if you kill an intruder during the night its lawful, but if you kill them during the day, it's unlawful.

or fucked up by basically executing a subdued burglar

Yeah that's what I mean, the way it sounded he did it maliciously, not unintentionally like just shooting home intruders, I mean I still don't give a shit about those retarded kids, but it's odd

That's some real Deathwish shit right there

the only thing he did wrong was recording it and having the bleeding heart liberals have their way with him leading him to life in prison

i think he did a good job and i would do the very same except i wouldnt record it and i wouldnt make it look like a fucking execution

Literally the only reason he got convicted was because he killed two white kids. Had the teens been niggers or spics he would be a free man.

he shouldn't have recorded it and claimed he was spooked by a home invader. also I remember the retard cousins. if you do bad shit, expect bad shit to happen to you. pretty simple concept, breaking and entering just because you can is bad shit
ugh just the other day I had to yell at a friend about starting your car to warm it up " well if i saw a car running and no one around I'd take it" well you're a piece of shit

She was a qt, I would have raped her instead of unloading the revolver

I don't fucking get it. How the fuck is it illegal to shoot someone intruding in your home. It doesn't make any fucking sense. What arguments are there to be made against not being allowed to shoot people coming into your home to cause harm?

It's not, but the details make this case sketchy

why didn't he hide the bodies and destroy the tape?

he wuz an gentle old mane he dindu nothin - Amerilard hypocrites ITT

>He finished her off by putting a .22 revolver under her chin and pulling the trigger
That is where he fucked up

I dunno an attractive white couple? I would have hesitated before blasting them away.

that ID

I know, he should of never been charged with a crime at all

What the fuck are you talking about they burglarized him literally multiple times and supposedly the police wouldn't do anything about it. They got the executions they deserved, man deserves a medal. It's unfortunate that things come to that but until we can somehow make people not act that way letting them ruin other people's lives isn't acceptable.
t. nigger

He did nothing wrong.

>I don't fucking get it. How the fuck is it illegal to shoot someone intruding in your home.
In most states with Castle Doctrine, a resident is allowed to shoot intruders while they are actively invading but not after they are subdued. It's OK to blow a hole in someone as they climb in your window, etc, but if they are laying there bleeding and begging for their life it becomes murder. Self defense typically has limits like this, there are also concepts of limits to force, pursuing fleeing suspects, not baiting people then claiming self defense and other subtleties.
The real answer is to wait until they are completely inside your home, shoot to kill and only tell the cops the minimum.

>He did nothing wrong.
But he recorded evidence that was used against him