Why are Gintama fans so mad about having a show that doesn't have "Gintama" on the title being on the Top 10?

Why are Gintama fans so mad about having a show that doesn't have "Gintama" on the title being on the Top 10?

I would like to see adjusted mal top 10 with the 0-1 scores filtered out.

>mal
>top 10
Get out of here.

Better question is why Monogatari fans think that this shit justifies a 10/10 rating.

>MAL

If you watched it you'd know.

I did and I dont see how any Monogatari entry even justifes a 9. Kizu2/3 might justify an 8, but becuase of the lazy fucking art direction with the photoshopped bags and heads in Kizu3 I am hardpressed to even give it that. Monogatari fans have to be some of the most delusional in existence if they unironically think that this shitty series isnt incredibly overrated.

>MAL
>votes
>rating
>top 10
>ranking
You have to go back

not familiar with the monogatari, but it's pretty pointless to get upset about other peoples ratings. If its a 10/10 to them then that just means they got more enjoyment out of something then you, and nothing else. Really who the hell cares about MAL/ANN/Anib ratings?

I think word "overrate" should strictly be you commenting about another individuals opinion.
Like "you overrate owarimonogatari season 2 because its deep and not made by kyoanus".
No show is overrated and claiming one is makes no sense.

I'd prefer some penalty for sequels/spin-off series so that the top isn't cluttered with shit scored high by blind fanboys.

>they got more enjoyment out of something
That is not how rating shit works. If all you base your rating on is enjoyment then you shouldnt be rating stuff in the first place, period.

They are boatloads of objective aspects taht you can rate a show by. See above. If all you base your rating on is enjoyment then you shouldnt be rating shows in the first place. Its unfortunate that most people are too lazy to put some effort into evalutating shows, but just because they are too retarded to see their wrong-doing doesnt mean that you should justify it.

Funny, that could apply to this entire thread
So why is it even here?

Because Kimi no Na wa is even more overrated than this.

>ctrlF kimi no na wa
>1 result
Funny, I thought it was just Monotagarifags being butthurt about people review dumping their show. What does KNNW have to do with this? Or is it just more butthurt Monotagari shitflinging?

>rating on any factor other than personal enjoyment
how autistic are you?

>That is not how rating shit works. If all you base your rating on is enjoyment then you shouldnt be rating stuff in the first place, period.

I think you're the one who doesn't know how ratings work. they're subjective by nature. Again MAL ratings are pointless stop getting upset by them

> objective aspects
Owari s2 is objectively pleasing to the eye, it has amazing voice acting talent, likeable unique characters, satisfying conclusions to different plotlines, clever dialogue, you get to see all your favourite characters make an appearance and theres just not much to fault it on. Its well roundedly great. The 2x 43min and one 65min episode lenghts makes the pacing great.

It's a better ending to the series than what anyone could've wished for.

Pretty damn autistic I guess. I also love lists. The better question is why anyone would waste his time to rate stuff if they didnt do it properly. Rating exclusively based on enjoyment is completely fucking retarded.

>they're subjective by nature
They are not. There are plenty of subjective aspects, but a lot of thinks can be evaluated in an objective manner. Animation quality being the most obvious. You dont hand out a single rating, you evaluate a show based on a multitude of variables, such as animation, audio design, consistency of the character writing, overall plot and world building etc. If you cant be bothered to do that then you shouldnt be using a numerical scale to rate, you should use smiley faces. Simple as that.

>If all you base your rating on is enjoyment then you shouldnt be rating stuff in the first place, period.
I mean in a sense if other factors and little details bother you enough to give it a lower rating that technically means you are still giving it a score based on how much you enjoy it.

MAL threads should be deleted on site.

MAL threads should be a bannable offense.

What if I do it for my friends?

As much of a cancer the MAL community is, it still in a way represents the opinion of the majority of the watchers. Of course, the majority of anime watchers are 'normies' so in a sense MAL ratings still give a basic picture of how well an anime is doing/have the potential to do in general. This explains a lot why NGNL has a fucking 8.5 on there.

>Kyoukai no Kanata has a higher MAL score than K-On!

I mean, if you share tastes 100% then why not I guess (although I doubt thats the case, since it never really is). Still, in that case a numerial scale is the wrong approach in my opinion. Some shitty smiley face scale makes more sense. Then again, I guess thats what MAL users do anyway. 10 is :D, 9 is :), 8 is :| and 7 is :(

>Animation quality being the most obvious. You dont hand out a single rating, you evaluate a show based on a multitude of variables, such as animation, audio design, consistency of the character writing, overall plot and world building etc.

none of this is objective. People can have varying opinions on all of that. Seriously stop

> If you cant be bothered to do that then you shouldnt be using a numerical scale to rate, you should use smiley faces. Simple as that.

My ratings are for myself and nobody else, and I'll continue to treat them that way. Also MAL only offers a numerical scale so....

>none of this is objective
You have some mental disability if you think that animation quality is in any form or shape subjective. You claiming that choppy movement is good wont ever make it good. So in return I'll ask you to "Seriously stop" since you seem to suffer from some severe mental disability. KyoAni being the best example here. Their shows are fucking trash, but its inevitable to hand them an 85+ rating in regards to animation for every single show they create simply because of how far above the average show and even movie it is. Only a complete retard would even try to refute this.

>I'll continue to treat them that way
Thats fine but it doesnt change the fact that you shouldnt be rating shows in the case, at least not using a numerical scale.

>Also MAL only offers a numerical scale so
There are a better sites than MAL. So unless you post on MAL you have no reason to use a site that clearly doesnt match your needs, since you should be using smileys to rate your show.

>somehow managed to shoehorn Kyoanus into a non-related rant
Is the Shaft/Kyoani contest the most retarded and artificial fanbase war?

Yes. It's a Sup Forums-tier argument.

We all know that Doga Kobo is superior to both.

Mal ratings are irrelevant and the faggots who take them seriously should be beheaded

Generally I agree but it's still the biggest western site that collects statistics based on autistic reviews. It doesn't reflect quality or pass any standards but it's a clear indicator of what's popular in west.

>autistic reviews
These people arent autistic at all. If they were they wouldnt be using MAL since its a shit site to rate stuff on.

How is rating anime in the first place not autistic?

First and foremost no matter how serious you are about it, it wont make you autistic. This fucking term has been degraded for years now. At least in the past in still had a meaning. By nu-Sup Forums standards, autism basically means "what I think is too much", which is completely fucknig retarded. Let me rephrase your question: How is evaluating an experience so have an easier time researching shows in the future based on genre, sub genre, director or animator that you liked not a smart thing to do? Then again, I guess that doesnt matter to most of Sup Forums since all they want are seasonal shows and have unlimited amounts of time, so theyll just watch everything that airs.

>MAL
Hang yourself you shit.

Which is more autistic?
Users reviewing a product or
kind of thought free shitposting about something thats not very offensive?

Why do you fags care about ratings?
Just link an account to Taiga and ignore that cancerous clusterfuck.
It's only good for tracking watched/read stuff, getting basic info about a series, and containing Komeji's monumental autism.

Kill yourself retard.

>all this talk about nu-Sup Forums
Autism is a disorder, you're essentially just using it as a shitty meme that never had a solid meaning as a buzzword outside an insult. Stop forcing a narrative and nominating yourself as a righteous oldfag or whatever you are aiming for with this post.

You know what they say, mentally ill people don't realize they're mentally ill.

Who says that?

Contrary to what this board and many others would tell you, "autism" is not in fact being engaged in activities that you yourself find unnecessary. Not always, anyway.

>none of this is objective. People can have varying opinions on all of that. Seriously stop
And all of those subjective assessments are based on something factual so they can be reasoned about. Your criteria may be subjective but they must necessarily be consistent between different entries. "I enjoyed it" is not criteria, it simply a refusal to think critically.

Not that user but this is bullshit. Only "objective" trait of for example animation quality is frame rate, but simplifying animation and visual presentation to fps is beyond retarded. And that's the only thing you can do if you want to pretend you can build a verdict out of something that isn't an opinion.

>MAL
Kill yourself retard.

Did you not read my post?