Just finished this

So is she criminally asymptomatic or what?

It's never explained in the series even though she's time and again shown to have a very stable hue

She isn't asymptomatic; she just has a pretty strong and resilient mind.

To add on, she believes in the system too, at least to the extent that society would collapse without it.

What the fuck is wrong with that right hand

She's easily impressionable and supports authority. That's all Sybil cares about. Even when the systems glaring flaws threaten to burn it all down Akane supports it like a good dog.

OP here

So she might actually be fucked in the head but Sibyl keeps her crime coefficient low to keep her obedient?

From a big 5 personality standpoint, she is extremely non-neurotic (meaning she doesn't view challenges as threatening), and also very agreeable (compassionate but obedient to authority). People like these really do exist.

More importantly when will Akane have her cherry popped?

>She's easily impressionable and supports authority.

This is extremely wrong and is actually almost exactly the opposite of the truth. Akane has an incredibly clear internal moral compass - her judgment comes from her own internal sense of morality, which occasionally coincides with and occasionally contradicts Sibyl's and those of her coworkers. The reason that translates to a low cc is that she doesn't conflate Sibyl's approval with moral approval, or Sibyl's condemnation with moral condemnation, and so isn't constantly trying to maintain a low CC, the anxiety of which results in sublimation of violent impulses, which in turn actually produces a catastrophically high cc, which is the whole reason sibyl is bullshit and was the point of the very first episode the show.

I fucking hate Sup Forums so much.

The idea that Akane is "obedient to authority" is absolutely hilarious to me considering she explicitly states the exact opposite in the last episodes of the show.

>Says she isn't obedient to authority
>Is totally complacent with Sibyl's unjust rule

j-jordan?

Yeah, I have been jordaning for the past 2 weeks.
I do find the big 5 incredibly powerful for explaining personalities, helped me a lot with planning for my job interviews.

>Is totally complacent with Sibyl's unjust rule

You're extremely fucking dumb.

Explain how working at the CID and constantly taking jobs (like Shambalah Float) that she knows for a fact furthers Sibyl's interest isnt complacency.

Truly, demanding that the people of Shambala be allowed to vote is "obedience to authority".

It is when it's been established in Japan Sibyl can easily control both sides of politics through body doubles.

Unless they don't vote on reinstating the body double!

I understand that it hurts you when someone say mean things about your waifu but please try to stay calm.

What color?

akane isn't even my favourite character in the show, let alone "my waifu". I understand it might be difficult to fathom someone genuinely being confused by how stupid a post on this forum is, but if it weren't such a culturally and socially inbred cesspit, you'd realize it happens a lot more often than you might think.

Would you have her unilaterally force her beliefs on everyone, and leave society in a state of anarchy by destroying the only criminal justice system they have?

intense spergout itt

S3 when? I want to see Mika get what's coming

It keeps it low because she's not likely to commit a crime. The fact that she believes in the system so much means she wouldn't do something it's opposed to, i.e. Breaking the law

Golden blue.

Akane, the True Believer.

She is on the other side of the bell curve when compared with Makishima.

I thought Akane's whole thing was that she was neutral. Society at large will turn a blind eye to Sibyl's flaws bc the they aren't affected by them. Makishima's faction will try to burn down Sibyl and the entire social structure bc they're oppressed by it. Akane is a reasonable person who can see both sides, she knows that there are problems with Sibyl, but also that society is currently held together by it, and thus that waiting for change over a longer period of time is the safest way.

Why were the OP and ED songs in S2 so shit?

I'm getting clouded just looking at this

Every once in a while I pop into a Psycho Pass thread to see what people are saying, but I don't think I'll ever watch it. The premise and setting are just way too depressing.

This is how I understand it, and you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong. You live in a dystopia. You commit thoughtcrimes, get arrested, threatened with imprisonment or execution, and get pressed into service, carrying out dangerous tasks, on behalf of the dystopia.

And yet the whole plot isn't about breaking free. They just do the missions. It seems like they just wanted to make a big action series with edgy protagonists, and didn't care about the setting. Yeah dude, let's have criminals as cyberpunk supercops. But I just can't imagine that they've thought this through, no matter how much they focus on it.

Here's what I want to know. Throughout the source material (manga?), does Sibyl ever lose? At something. Anything. Is there ever even a glimmer of hope? Or is Sybil always portrayed as the lesser of two evils? Is the manga always trying to convince you that it's not really that bad? Because that's the impression I get, and that's why I don't think I could stomach this series, even though it's pretty popular.

If you're so interested, give it a chance.
It may be a dystopia of sorts, but it's not as depressing as you think.

Because the characters dont always agree that they live in a dystopia lol

>Throughout the source material (manga?)
There is no source material.

They do break free though, one of the main characters breaks free of Sibyl's influence entirely

It's never explained and it never will be. Psycjo Pass is a dead series and this industry sucks ass. Goodnight.

Ruined her own series.

are they doing a season 3?

season 2 was fucking awful but the movie at least added something

just watch it asshole, season 1 is some of the best in chinese cartoons in a long time

That would be Mika

Unrelated but why did they think it was a good idea to make her the protag in S2? Kougami fucking carried the show

I was more angry about based pops dying

Remember you're discussing psychology and politics with literal 12-year-old redditors, draw a deep breath, and sage.