Name a worse anime adaptation. Holy fuck, it's so bad that it's funny. Inb4 DBEvolution...

Name a worse anime adaptation. Holy fuck, it's so bad that it's funny. Inb4 DBEvolution. It was nowhere near as bad as this abortion.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/twqogk.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's too far gone to even call an adaptation. It just has the same title, concept and character names. Light is a stupid pussy, Misa is an edgy retard, and L has bi-polar disorder. Not to mention Ryuk isn't just a friendly observer, but a complete asshole who actively threatens Light and fucks with him. There are also virtually no mind games, and the rules of the notebook are convoluted and stupid.

Fans of the anime will hate it because of how bad an adaptation it is, and non anime fans will hate it because of the rushed plot and unrealistic characters.

>Name a worse anime adaptation.
Fist of the North Star

It's relevant to discuss here because western anime adaptions are rare and it is anime related. I bet if OP had posted a pic from the anime but then proceeded to post about the adaption you would have been fine with it.

It wouldn't have flopped if L was white.

it was fun

honestly hate to say it but its fuckin true, like why the fuck did they feel the need to chose a black dude?

It didn't flop, it got tons a views on netfilx and a sequel is on works.

The negroid was actually a decent actor. The writing was just complete garbage.

>It wouldn't have flopped if L was white.
Nah, the entire thing was a mess. They messed up Kira's complete character.

It would have been better if Light wasn't thirsty white boy and told a girl within 5 minutes of using the notebook

Can't understand the black casting for a bleach white guy

How did they even screw this up? Death Note is one of the most western friendly anime ever written

Can't understand the ugly white guy casting for fucking Kira. Probably one of the most handsome MCs to come out of SJ, and THAT'S who they cast?

>live-action shit
When will they learn? 2D and 3D should not mix EVER.

Still can't top the last airbender at how bad it is, although they were on the right way

Cheaper probably. Also infuriates the virgin nerd Sup Forumstard demographic which helps it to go viral at a low cost.

>Inb4 DBEvolution. It was nowhere near as bad as this abortion
I dare you to rewatch it.

The director is actually madnthat people are omparing it to DBEvolution. Fuck, that ego of his is incredible.

I liked it

Bullshit. Every character was not only a bad adaptation, but a shitty character in general. Making L White or Asian would have done nothing, his writing would still be shit. This movie is just shitty in generally.

Not even close to this abomination.

Monster is literally the perfect series to adapt into a live-action. What the fuck is taking so long?

Now that the movie is out, L being black is, for better or for worse, the least of its problems. That's just how bad it is.

Doesn't it have a 5* rating on Netflix from all those reviews?

netflix on does thumbs up and down now bruh

I have to say I'm genuinely interested in what they were planning with to go with the ending though.

>mfw all the "If it isn't a 1:1 carbon copy of the anime then it is awful" fags ITT

I dunno I just said that to see how many responses I could get.

if it is a awful movie it is awful
is what seems to be the consensus, margaret and/or rainey

Some could mix if these studios and directors stopped taking creative decisions and leave the source material the fuck alone. Like did he seriously have to make Light a thirsty nerd? What was the point of killing his mother? Where are his sisters? Why the fuck is Ryuk not the Ryuk we know? It doesn't get much easier than Death Nite and this retard blew it.

Pork in the Taco Bell

It was genuinely bad user. Nothing about it was good.

As much as I hate N, this isn't true, the whole thing's fucked up.

Nigger L was legitimately the most enjoyable part of the movie.

Should have just made the entire cast black and turn the movie into some wacky comedy about two black idiotic friends finding the note book and getting dragged into some crazy shit.

death note is like the one anime i could convince non-weebs to watch in high school. it and berserk

>Tumblr screaming about whitewashing
>Sup Forums apopleptic about a black guy

And once again, extremist faggots on both sides play right into the hands of the media and give them free advertising. Great job, retards.

Nope. I actually didn't mind the changed course of the movie. This plot works better for a 1h 40min movie. Attempting to do the whole anime storyline in one short movie doesn't work that well. Also, we already have two different live action Death Note adaptations (two Jap movies and a series), and two recap movies, we didn't need a carbon copy.

However, this film is bad. The characters are unrealistic and haven't got enough motive, the tone is inconsistent, and nothing that is good about the original series in in this. Barely any battle of wits, no mind battle between two geniuses, no clear presentation of the notebook's effect on the world as a whole.

Make them gangbangers with hearts of gold too

That would actually be funny. I didn't know racists like you had a sense of humor.

This could actually work. I'd love to see the concept of the Death Note used in some more creative ways

unironically would have been better.

>white

The live action adaptation of Higurashi was pretty awful.

i'd watch it.

Wasn't aware that one even existed.

>Psychopath Misa
This was fucking retarded

It's just a remake of onikakushi-hen. A bad one. Honestly I doubt it would make a lick of sense had you not played the vn/seen the anime.

Speed racer Live Action was good tho

L's actor is decent but he was given shitty material to work with. Light and Mia's actors however are probably the worst in this movie.

Cromartie High School was pretty good, hell it felt like an extended episode of the anime.

>Mia will accept the death note, then the ferris wheel will collapse. Her boyfriend will land safely in the water, but she will hit the ground and die, dropping the page with Light Turner's name on it into the fire

>Eddie Murphy stars "Death Note"
Now that is something I would put my money on.

Why was Light acting like a retard faggot and first thing he go and do is use the note to get pussy?
Why was L just a nigger high on candies and acted like a retard throughout the movie?
Why was Misa just a cunt being retarded?
Why was Light dad a total retard?
What people were thinking when they made this movie?

This is a joke right?

I wish L was white so these threads would stop.
Dumb frogposter.

>Friday, but with a a Death Note

Sounds great.

This adaptation was one of my worst movie viewing experiences.

The 48 hour rule and the one about burning the page were stupid as hell.

Both of the actors have to be recast. Samuel L Jackson as L would have been fine so it's not the color of his skin.

The absolute state of animefags who are doing the same thing as LNfags now.

>Name a worse anime adaptation
Easy

What's with the bitching about bLack? I thought genius black kid was a trope in murrican shows.

You fail to see Adam Wingard's succinct ability to capture the very microcosm of contemporary American cinema and in Death Note's case transform the very basis of the source material into a reflection of the nerdy white loner type who'd typically worship the original Light and bask in the emptiness of teenage apathy. Exaggerating this characterization beyond idolization, basking in the absurdity and extrapolating the camp of the source material to give the most all out spectacle he can possible achieve. Not to mention frequently commentating on the stupidity of the manga's plot points, I'd say this film is very much self-aware and competently made rather than "so bad it's good.

It's just insecure pol cucks ignore it

The Japanese live action version was just as bad. MC couldnt wipe that shit eating grin off his face the whole fucking show

I dont fucking get it. Why didn't just make the mc not Light and have it be a separate story in the same universe with N going after this shitty "Kira".

It was better than the original, Light was “somewhat” empathetic and actually not as retarded as the original also didn’t take itself as seriously, and not “as much” Keikaku Dohri bullshit.

At the end of the movie how did L know writing Lights name in the book will kill him? He didn't even have the whole book to read the rules. He just finds the names of people who were killed on a piece of paper and decides to write light's name down?

Light shoulda won. Bam, movie fixed.

other than Raoh being a lackey for Shin, its quite better than GITS. and there are exploding humans, which they at least got right

How did they kill Watari by only writing "Watari"?
Oh, right.

Edge of Tomorrow was good.

Cause it was a throwaway adaptation and not an original story. It follows a dictated-but-misheard cliffsnotes version of the events of the first half of the manga. It's a pile of crap but who cares what the characters' names are?

Light blabbed that they killed using a book when L tried to go blade runner on him.

Because that's almost the plot of Light Up the World.

>L: I know you're Kira, Light...
>Light: Yep...

Fuck me in the ass I left the movie right here.

You didn't leave when he showed the Note for some high school gash?

Anything you guys say may be bad but let's not forget you can even hear a staff member coughing from behind the camera.
Now that is just complete amateur level.

Because they completely ignored everything good about the anime.

>Light is a retarded teenager who *openly* admits to his crimes when he knows he is being watched 30 minutes into the movie\

>L behaved incredibly irrationally. He got fucking outsmarted by MISA twice.

>Ryuk is generic "evil monster"

Big L was really the only one who did a decent job of staying true to the original character, strangely enough.
Ryuk was kind of okay I guess but he wasn't as fun as the original one, and I guess Watari was close enough but Watari wasn't really a very complex character to begin with so that's pretty difficult to fuck up.

It was stupid as fuck and totally missed the point of Death Note but I still had fun with it.

Oh shit I missed that. What scene is it?

Would have went viral without the cheap tricks.
>One of the best known animes in the world
Just have decent marketing and good trailer.

>Eddie Murphy as Misamisa
>Eddie Murphy as L
>Eddie Murphy as Light's dad
>Eddie Murphy as Mero
>Will Smith as Light

When he says "like we, as in us?".
You can hear it loud and clearly.

a.pomf.cat/twqogk.webm

Rurouni Kenshin was good though

There are lots of manga that would make really good movies and would be extremely easy to adapt. Death Note was also one of the easier ones to adapt, especially within a single film.

Fuck, Bakuman is one of the easiest to adapt and they managed to fuck that one up big time. I don't watch many anime/manga movies, but so far I've only enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin and Hentai Kamen.

>It's just /poo/
No it's not just /poo/

I'm amazed you actually got pass the scene with Light showing off the note to a random cheerleader.

I am a Hero was surprisingly well done.

That sounds amazing.

>all the things that made the series good isn't really possible to fit in or at least flesh out in a movie
>yet they kept the characters and story beats from the series.

The movie would've been acceptable if they had just made it a new person that Ryuk decided to fuck with (maybe before or after the series, who gives a shit) who keeps things small scale and personal, and avoids the inclusion of an L-esque character. Not saying it would've been good, but wouldn't have been a ripoff piece of garbage, at least.

I liked it

So, like the one-shot? I'd be up for that.

kys

>not as retarded
He was reading the fucking book in school and revealed his power to a complete stranger