Why is he popular?

Why is he popular?

Because he's cute.

Why wouldn't he be? He's pretty cute.

Sup Forums is full of barely-closetted homosexuals, in case you haven't noticed.

even as a female he's my no.1 anime bitch

He's just so gosh darn cute that he tempts all who see him.

because even you guys are better than he is

Because he's the most relatable character in anime

>False

Huge Dick Futanari.

He's very cute. I want to hold him and cradle the back of his head with my hand. Also he incites empathy.

he's a self-insert

Symmetrical features, not gross, not threatening, responsive to teasing, has a rad sounding job without being weird or an asshole.

The first major example of a "moe" dude. It's interesting to watch.(seriously if he was a girl he ticks all of the moe boxes)

Relateable and more so at the time the series was released.

Relatable doesn't mean likable. Shinji is quite despicable as a character, no matter how much one can relate to him.

He makes the odd mistake (upsetting people, wanking over a coma patient, helping turn everyone on Earth into a spunk puddle and what have you), but generally he's a pretty stand-up guy.

>Relatable doesn't mean likable.
I found Shinji very likeable and he's a male nadia clone so that helps too.

Hey Sup Forums, look at this.

He is cute, submissive, can cook and it would be fun to bully him. Perfect husbando material.

Kaworu was there only for a single episode but he had more dynamic with him than with any other character.

How the fuck is shinji relatable. Outside of "I don't want to have life or death battles in a giant robot", which is totally understandable, he was a complete faggot in every sense of the word

He's a submissive, apathetic pussy bitch psuedo-homosexual with both mummy and daddy issues. There is literally nothing to like about him, he is incapable of both sublimation and execution of will

I'm not gay. He's cute though.

But I AM a faggot like him. It's damn relatable.

>he was a complete faggot in every sense of the word
Where do you think we are?

I think anno would agree that the world would be a better place if he and all "men" who relate to shinji died

>tfw not cute
>tfw age ain't helping either
time to kill myself I guess

Most people who watched Neon Genesis Evangelion were teenagers, especially nerdy/emo teenagers, so it's no wonder Shinji is so relatable to these people, and yes, I was one of those teens, if you want to make fun of it go ahead but I got over it decades ago.

Shinji is actually an incredibly well crafted character, but I can't blame anyone for not liking him, he is kind of a bitch. Although he does show some moments of courage and even looks kind of badass, which leave me to wonder if he had a different life how would he turn out to be, perhaps he would've been alpha as fuck if his father wasn't such a cunt and his mother didn't die.

In my personal experience, Shinji was so relatable to me when I was a teenager, and I just thought I would make the same things he did if I was in his situation. I hold him very dear to me because it was one of the things that helped me get over so much in my life. Call me beta, faggot or whatever, the only thing I care about is my loved ones congratulating me for growing up when the world is over.

The worst part is he gets like 4 girls and 2 guys lusting after his dick. At least harem MCs normally are properly built or are smooth fucking talkers. Oh well. It's fantasy but still. A bit too chuuni for my tastes.

Realistically compared to every other pilot of Eva he's rather unpopular

>ywn be as /fa/ as Shinji

I'm fine not being as /fa/ggot as Shinji

It's time to choose again.

ugly art

Shinji gets reicock every day.

Don't pick on Shinji-kun

Go to bed, Karl

Relatable maybe but I wouldn't say the most.

>Why is he popular?
He isn't if you look at Eva merch, there is always merch of everyone besides him, you don't see them making life sized Shinji figures, do you?

They like the character fine, he's in Newtype's top 5 with Rei when there's a movie out or there's just a nostalgia surge and people remember Eva. But not for his design I guess?

sexy voice

He's cute, interesting and relatable without being glorified by the show

He's a self-insert to fuck the waifu-archetypes.

Without them, everybody would have forgotten him before Y2K.

Depressed neet made specifically to be relatable to depressed neets in a nation full of depressed neets

Because he made me realize that I'm a faggot

It's not gay if it's a cute 14 year old boy with the soul of an Angel that tries to help you overcome your deep seated emotional issues caused by your mother dissolving herself in a giant robot and your dad abandoning you and then makes you pilot that very same robot.

I been thinking about it, did shinji supress the memory of his mother dying? He was there, he certainly could see the unit 01, and i remember him having a flashback that goes till the experiment starts.

because of the show he's in, autist

I think so, if he was aware of it he wouldn't be surprised when he first sees unit 01.

I haven't watched it enough times to know all the little stuff yet, was the flashback during one of the times he was unconscious in unit 01?

I cant remember for sure, but i think it was during either he being trapped in the black hole dimension with unit 01 or being tanged inside it after the paper hand fight

His romance with iKarly is iconic

OK Asuka

Probably saw the memories again because of the Yui's soul being in unit 01 or however that communication is supposed to be, like Kyoko and Asuka in the mp eva battle.

Did Kyoko and Yui ever meet in the anime or manga timelines prior to getting absorbed into the eva's?

Well, they were important researchers of NERV, but i cant remember it happening on the anime.
I havent read the manga so i cant say for sure.
then there is this image and the rebuild theory that mari is kyoko's clone and thats kyoko on the pic.

hah don't kill yourself man

question about the series, I know the MC's die in the series but does the whole human race billions of people die as well?

Nobody dies (except Asuka).

Shinji's japanese voice is a cute in that it falls somewhere between normal girlish VA and normal boyish VA. The sweet spot. He's only attractive in fan art though.

she gets lcl's

Did you even watch? The answer is EVERYONE dies, but because of angel magic they are recieve a second chance and can ressurect, if they desire to do so

>lcl's
?
sorry I don't know what that means.

Oh, forgot to add: except rei and kaworu, they kind become god and watch humanity from the distance

Wait, didn't you watch Eva? You ought to know what LCL means.

There have been planty of fuckup animu MCs but this one alone holds the distinction of fucking up badly enough to get the entire human race slaughtered.
Also Caim. But he has no animu.

Go watch the damn series nigger.

>I just watch shounen: the post

fuck off cracker

Caim from which series? Also, while we talking about spectacular fuck ups, Nier.

He a cute in bluray and rebuild since his looks are more consistent

They were at different Gehirn branches, so i'm not sure. I just like to imagine that this was something going on.

>then there is this image and the rebuild theory that mari is kyoko's clone and thats kyoko on the pic.
That would be interesting.
Shinji is stuck in the middle of a genetic mine field.
>all the girls I could date are either clones of my mom, my angry coworker, or a clone of her mom or a gay alien that's head exploded

He started the iconic dumb passionate teen boy MC trope we see in every new anime.

Drakengard. The game where one of the endings lead to Nier.

Drakengard, you should know this if you played Nier

He repressed it three times. Ritsuko had to call him out to make it stick and get him to acknowledge he knew half the plot before the show started.

Yeah, i was kinda surpried in the later episodes when he finally realizes who is rei and where is yui, he reacts rather well.
Hes thinking about them and say: "dad... What the hell are you doing."

He's a nu-male

>Draw a girl
>Call it a boy
>Put a bunch of woman and a couple man lusting for his dick
He created a formula that is followed till today.

shinji is pretty typical in build, looks, and mannerisms of a male of that age. Where are you getting the female meme?

i think credit goes to sadamoto

He's only popular among closeted male anons with a trap fetish. Everybody else hates him

More like
>Draw boy face and body
>Give it to everyone even females

Sadamoto is only able to draw males.

>Sadamoto is only able to draw males.
why not.

Believe it or not, it doesn't.

is it me or he looks like tintin?

cause spineless faggots can relate to him

I dont see it. actually a little, its the collar of the shirt.

I always hated how Anno tried to inject his faggot fetish into Eva. All these episodes of Shinji being an awkward teenager and then you throw in a super gay alien boy to try and seduce an emotionally starved awkward teenager boy.

99.9% of people would break in these circumstances.
People who act tough usually do that knowing that the worst that they can get would be a few broken ribs and a few days in confinement.

ASUKA BEST GIRL

I see an honor roll Kaneda.

>Shinji is spineless faggot coward..

They were college buddies in the manga.

He's quite cute in the anime, when he's on model. His voice is a delight, though, yes.

Teenage Japanese boys are basically girls anyway.