PA Thread: PA anons GTFIH

RED ALERT: PA DEMS INTRODUCE AWB
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-nws-parkland-shooting-pennsylvania-legislature-20180220-story.html
>Here’s a rundown of the bills introduced on Tuesday:
Sen. Wayne Fontana, D-Allegheny, has two bills.
One would ban the possession and manufacturing of certain assault weapons in Pennsylvania, as a now-expired federal law did between 1994 and 2004.

A second would grant family members and police the ability to petition a court to temporarily suspend someone’s access to firearms if there is documented evidence they are a threat to themselves or others. The suspension would last a year.

Sen. Daylin Leach, D-Montgomery, has a bill that would grant anyone the ability to petition the court to remove someone’s guns if there is a “preponderance of evidence” through their words or actions, showing they are dangerous.

Rep. Warren Kampf, R-Chester, introduced seven bills.

One would leverage, local, state and federal funding to hire school safety officers. A second calls for more money for mental health treatment and a tax credit for the mental health profession without specifying where the money would come from for those two ideas.

A third would require background checks on all gun sales, including those conducted privately and at gun shows.

A fourth would allow family and law enforcement to petition the court to temporarily remove guns once someone shows “red flag” tendencies signaling the may be dangerous.

A fifth would give teachers, public safety, medical professionals and others immunity for reporting people for possible mental health problems.

A sixth would ban bump stocks and high-capacity magazines.

A seventh would require anyone served with a protection from abuse order to give up his or her guns for longer than 60 days.

CONTACT YOUR FUCKING REPS

Other urls found in this thread:

ballotpedia.org
ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania_House_of_Representatives
legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/
legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/index.cfm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Penn is now a red state most people are now awakened to the soy question.

Don't bother fleeing west either, Ohio "R's" introduced one a couple days ago

CONTACT INFO FOR THESE TREASONOUS SCUMBAGS

Senator Wayne Fontana
Senate Box 203042
Harrisburg, PA 17120-3042
Room: 543 Main Capitol
(717) 787-5300
FAX: (717) 772-5484
Senator Wayne Fontana
932 Brookline Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
(412) 344-2551
FAX: (412) 344-3400

Senator Daylin Leach
Senate Box 203017
Harrisburg, PA 17120-3017
Room: 543 Main Capitol
(717) 787-5544
FAX: (717) 705-7741
Senator Daylin Leach
601 South Henderson Road
Suite 208
King of Prussia, PA 19406
(610) 768-4200
FAX: (610) 768-4204

Hon. Warren Kampf
42 East Lancaster Avenue
Unit A
Paoli, PA 19301
(610) 251-2876
Fax: (610) 640-2357
Hon. Warren Kampf
1501 Egypt Road
Phoenixville, PA 19460
(610) 666-0619
Fax: (610) 666-0649

Dont plan on fleeing like calicucks and Syrian "children", this is my fucking home

Use this map to find your reps and senators and contact them. Please don't let this happen here, tell your friends. I don't want my home state to turn into NY.

ballotpedia.org
/Pennsylvania_State_Senate

ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania_House_of_Representatives

Any ideas on what to say besides screeching "shall"? Thinking about directly quoting the constitution
>The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned
but after that I'm lost

Oh great, I love spontaneously becoming a felon. That's great.

Traitorous politicians

I live in NY and been cucked for a while. PA was my source of guns. RIP

I'm drafting something now, it probably won't be long but I'm gonna do what I can, progress slow because I'm at work.

time to move to alabama

legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/

easier way to find your senator/representative

stay and fight you cuck

Can i get a bill number so i can tell them exactly what to not vote for?

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah how about
"You fucking work for me, vite this way or i wont vote agenst you out of spite and will let everyone who comes into my buisness know too."

I'm having a hard time finding them exactly, some of the bill tracking sites just aren't up to date. I've found so far that House Bill 2112 sponsored by Boyle is going after "high capacity" magazines if that helps.

Does anyone have a good way to browse legislative bills ?

-4% of murders with all rifles
-Terrorist attacks happen in Europe
-previous AWB has had no effect on murders and state AWBs have had no effect on murder rate
-literally no reason to ban the AR that can't apply to any gun
-you can already make one, you're just making millions of people felons.

_ _____ ____ ____ ______

IN GENERAL
-Mass shootings, and homicides with long rifles, make up a minority of deaths related to gun violence. Legislature designed to curtail mass shootings will not meaningfully reduce deaths from gun violence.
Concerning a potential AWB
-The 1994-2004 AWB had no effect on reducing violent crime in America. Crime was declining before the ban began, and continued to do so after it ended.
-There is nothing an AR-15 can do that any other gun on the market, including non-'Assault Weapons', could also do. Mass shootings have been carried out without using such weapons (Columbine, Virginia Tech) and they will continue to happen if AR-15s or similar semiautomatic rifles are banned.
-Concerning banning potential Assault Weapons by feature (adjustable stock, pistol grips, compensators): banning weapons by feature is asinine, as invariably the features these blanket bans target have no effect on a weapon's lethality, and these bans are easily circumvented by changing minor cosmetic features.

Concerning banning bump stocks
-Bump stocks have been on the market for years prior to the Vegas shooting.
-Paddock's body count was not caused by the fact that he was using a bump stock and 'high capacity' magazines. It was caused by the fact that he was firing from an elevated position into a crowd of people in a wide, open area with no cover. The amount of people killed or injured in shootings has less to do with what weapon they use, and more to do with their planning and approach.
-Bump firing a rifle can be accomplished without a bump stock, with tools as simple as a belt or length of string. Bump firing a rifle can be accomplished without any tools at all, by hand.

OK boys and girls this is what I have. As an aside, I've been reading memos introduced by senators. In addition to a 150 gun awb, they are also signalling intentions to start a registry, I'll copy the memos on lunch when I can be in front of my PC at home, currently mobile.

Dear Rep/Senator,
I am writing you today to express my great concern over a number a recently introduced bills and
memorandums to the Pennsylvania legislature that I believe will infringe on our right to keep and bear
arms as guaranteed by the Pennsylvania Constitution.

As an American I am as disheartened by recent tragedies in our country as much as anyone, as a
Pennsylvanian I am appalled by attempts to use them to strip us of our rights. The following legislators
have signaled their intention to begin introduction or sponsor bills that strip law-abiding citizens of their
rights: Senator Wayne Fontana, Senator Daylin Leach, Senator Anthony Williams, and Representative
Warren Kampf. This list is by no means a complete one, and in the coming weeks I expect more proposal,
memorandums and bills with the purpose of infringing on the rights of law-abiding Pennsylvanians. Using
tragedies that have occurred thousands of miles away, and under pretensions such as “assault weapons
bans” or “firearms registries” among other things, these legislators will strip our rights away, and
criminalize the ownership of firearms currently lawfully and peacefully held by millions of Pennsylvanians.

I urge you to be vigilant for any legislation that will restrict our right to bear arms and to please oppose it
and urge your fellow legislators to do so. As one of your constituents, you are my voice in the legislature
of my state, I am depending on you to vigorously oppose any attempt to restrict our right to keep and bear
firearms.
Thank you for your time,

Where the hell can we find these bills? I want actual bill numbers so I can look them up and name them specifically to my rep/senator.

Any idea what sources the Morning Call had?

From what I have seen not all of this is on a submitted bills yet, since senators can't introduce bills to the Senate, they have to come up from the house. There are some bills moving into the house, but the senators are issuing memorandums signalling their intentions to sponsor representatives to introduce an awb and registry among a bunch of others

What's a good way to see where your local reps stand? Or, at least, see that they haven't issued anything in favor?

>Rep Rosemary Brown wants to fund putting fucking metal detectors at the main entrance of every school in the state

What does that mean?

I emailed my Rep.

Good on you user, tell your friends too. We're the last refuge of good guns laws in the Mid-Atlantic, let's keep it that way.

PA Is a very gun friendly state, I live in the heart of bucks country, a very liberal county but we still love guns here. Nothing is going to pass.

Cut the fluff. You try to sound overly formal and you lose attention.

We share borders with the two worse states after California.

And your point is, we have the most concealed carriers in the entire nation, only Florida is tied with us. The NRA spends the most money in PA because PA has the most NRA members in the nation and over a quarter to half the commonwealth owns guns. Dude being next to commie states don't mean shit, We are probably in the top 5 states in the country for gun rights and ownership.

Because I remember the time when "gun owners" said it was ok to ban ar15s. And PA is fudd central. None of the hunters I know except one gives much of a shit about ar15s being banned. And most of them have at least one ar15 or rifle that would be banned. They are happy as long as they have their ability to hunt.

I understand your point but this aint going to pass in our state, Nothing passed when democrats held control and nothin passed after sandy hook. Were in the clear but should always be on guard and prepare to call our senators if needed.

I lack your optimism, friend.

I wish I could share your optimism, but action on the side of antigunners must not be met with inaction on our side. We can't get complacent and leave things to chance, especially now that the PA electoral map has been redrawn to be Dem-friendlier.

We also have those cunts from NY and NJ movin into penn cause those states have fucked up property rights and tax laws, hiding within us. I should know, I am one of them!

I lack his optimism also, but as a fellow pa fag hes not wrong.

SHIT. In case things go bad. I'm planning on going to a gun show in April, but this is my first gun show. How many tables is a lot to find what you are looking for? I see gun show events anywhere from 100 to 1,000 tables. More is better, I know but which Penn. gun show is the hottest one to be at?

How is this ? I agree it should be succinct, but want to make sure my point is clear.

Dear Rep/Senator,

I am writing you to express my great concern over a number a recently introduced bills and
memorandums to the Pennsylvania legislature that will infringe on our constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

As an American, I am as disheartened by recent tragedies in our country as much as anyone, as a Pennsylvanian, I am appalled by attempts to use them as bargaining chips to strip us of our rights. The following legislators have signaled their intention to introduce or sponsor bills that would restrict and criminalize the ownership of firearms currently lawfully and peacefully held by millions of Pennsylvanians: Senator Wayne Fontana, Senator Daylin Leach, Senator Anthony Williams, and Representative Warren Kampf, and I am sure more will appear.

I urge you to be vigilant for any legislation that will restrict our existing right to bear arms and to oppose it vigorously, as one of your constituents I am depending on you.

Thank you for your time,

That'll do.

>as one of your constituents I am depending on you.

This sounds like a threat, and you can't prove that you even vote. That's a tactic used by many, remove or change it. A suggestion; "as a voice for all citizens' rights."

Attention ALL writefags

Legalfag here, here are the main talkinh points

>Temporary restraining orders as currently proposed violate the Procedural Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution (google it and read the case files, spend some time so you can put it in your own words)

>DONT COMPLETELY write the restraining order off. This will show that you think like a lawyer and not some dumbfuck from the woods whos running solely on ideology.

>In regards to the above, say that "The only way a restraining order would be legal is if
1. A legal search warrant is produced in keeping with the 4th Amendment and other Federal, State, and Local laws
2. As per current detention laws, a person can be held max for 24 hours before charges REQUIRING evidence must be presented

>Citing those FBI statistics that alll float around here, inform them that an AWB addresses only 1% of the 11,000 firearms homicides in the US.

>If we have to have a warrant to detain terror suspects, we have to have one for potential wingnuts. We cannot throw the Constitution away EVER. There is a RIGHT and a WRONG way to do everything

Thats all I got for now. TRIPLE CHECK EVERYTHING I JUST WROTE using Cornell's resources or some other universally respected law sauce.

Also, DO NOT go SHALL.txt like some half retarded Boomer fucking shit like Wayne LaPierre did. Its Virtue-signalling fluff that will fall on Deaf Ears.

Anti-gunners may use appeal to emotion arguments, but they're backed up by screwed statistics from BIASED sources.
Therefore to win the argument, ONLY USE GUN STATS published by the Department of MOTHERFUCKING JUSTICE. (FBI active shooting stats of 2014, et al)

I will be publishing something as soon as I can tonight, Im currently stuffed with a project. Ill make a thread tonight or some shit. Use your brains and backed up stats, not Ideology.

Good luck and Godspeed /k/omrades

I take your point, "as a voice for all citizens rights" is better. Good eye user

I fucking told you so last fucking week.

This is the last bastion of freedom in the North East United States. The Gerrymandering crybabies knew exactly what they were doing.

Don't let us go quietly into the night.

That's just too much regulation. Taking people's guns? Making it illegal to own guns? "Doctors" deciding who can buy guns? On what criteria, using what measurements, is it impartial, who gets to pick the doctors that make the decision? That shit is insane.

Don't go to gun shows. Everything is shit, overpriced, or both. Saw some used Glocks going for pretty cheap at the last one I was at, but otherwise its all garbage.
It's only a matter of time before everyone stops fighting because "its never going to happen" and shit actually happens. Contact your reps, fellas. Copy and paste from, itll take less than a minute

Another resource to find your reps
legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/index.cfm

Keep believing that. Your apathy will see this passed because you never did a fucking thing to stop it. You cannot stop being vigilant ever.

r u Leonard French

They don't care, if it's on the books law abiding citizens either follow the law or become criminals. It cannot even have a chance of passing. We're on thin ice in this state, After mid terms this may not even be a Republican state anymore.

If you read, my other post. I clearly said we need to be on guard and call our senators too.

Here's what i've got:

Dear Mr. John Lawrence,

It has come to my attention that Senator Wayne Fontana (D-Allegheny) has or is planning to introduce an "assault weapons ban". I should not have to tell you that this is already an egregious breach of the Pennsylvania State Constitution and must be voted against at all cost.
Specifically section 13 says:
XIII. That the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.
Senator Wayne Fontana has either ignored or warped the meaning of this paragraph so suit his own needs and it is a betrayal of the great state of Pennsylvania. I urge you as your constituent to vote against this measure if it should be introduced in defense of all law abiding Pennsylvanians.
Thank you for your time.
With regards, user Anonson

Suggestions? Also what kind of subject line should i have?

Source?

>Don't go to gun shows. Everything is shit, overpriced, or both.

I thought Gun Shows had less pricing than vendors and that you could haggle the price down? I'm looking to spend $700, but I was hoping I could get what I wanted at the Oaks Gun Show + ammo + accessories + tip. The gun I'm aiming for is $650 new.

Nah. Went to an Oaks show, all FFLs and none would haggle with me. Dont tip anyone.

Guns show are not like there were 10 or 20 plus years ago. Its all now high and overpriced bullshit. Also who the fuck tips at a gunshow. Don't do it.Your better off find a local gunshop or shops to buy at or go buy online.

What part of PA are you in, depending on area. I could recommend some shops to go to.

Is our supreme court leaning democlap?

>Dont tip anyone.
>Also who the fuck tips at a gunshow.
Do you know what the difference is between a dick and a joke?

Carbon, but I drive all over monroe, bucks and lehigh counties for normalfag things.

Bro. Who on earth told you to tip at a gun show?

Because pro gunz have no points to lean on besides >SHALL

I'm afraid we can't rely on our supreme court user, only 2 out of 7 are republicans.

Don't let them do it lads. Some of that shit is even worse than MD's laws.

Go to tanners sport center in bucks. Best gunstore in the area and staff is friendly and gun prices are great.

All hope is lost.

It's not that they are democrap, it's that they refuse to hear any cases. The supreme court can decide what cases to handle, and in what order, and the old fuckers decide by the majority. So they keep putting off 2nd Amendment cases cause they KNOW some laws are unconstitutional. When I moved out of NJ for example; to buy a handgun you would need to register for a Handgun Permit. Getting said permit, meant you had to appeal to your police municipality, give proof of citizenship with picture ID, get fingerprinted and after all of that, they could still deny your right to purchase a Handgun for undisclosed reasons.

Meaning, that if you said you needed it to shoot robbing niggers or spics in home defense or self defense, they would deny you.

I specifically meant the PA supreme court but you make a fair point.

(((Leach))). Kampf and Fontana are cryptos. Every fucking time.

This is a memo by senator Fontana from the legislature's website. He spells out his intentions to push Connecticut level restrictions on PA.

they have done this dozens of times before. It is a good idea to contact your rep but there is literally zero chance of it passing

thats what libtards want

stay in Pennsylvania and help it turn even more red

Lets keep it that way. Reminder, Philly and Pitts can outvote the rest of the state.

Trump is mulling the idea of federal level changes and states are taking it even further. What is being said about NJ, NY and Commiefornia having the lowest rates of gun homicide is complete bullshit. Nothing but lies. NJ, NY and Commiefornia have the highest rates of gun murders in the nation.

/k/ gif bump to any anons who just got off first shift and haven't seen the thread yet.

The Second Amendment was a mistake. Should have made it the First Amendment; even though it's the only amendment with the words SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, they still don't get it and try to twist it around. Forefathers kept it simply cause they knew technology would change.

What does /k/ think of my e-mail?

To address gun violence, Senator Wayne Fontana (D-Allegheny) has made clear his intentions to introduce a potential 'Assault Weapons Ban' in Pennsylvania. Others have proposed similar bills or voiced support for this bill: Senator Daylin Leach (D-Montgomery) and Representative Warren Kampf (R-Chester), and others as well.

As a Pennsylvanian citizen and concerned voter I urge you to do everything you can to prevent egregious and ineffectual legislature from being passed.

Mass shootings and the 'assault weapons' they are associated with make up a small portion of gun homicides. Handguns, not rifles, are used in the majority of murders with firearms. Banning semiautomatic rifles will not curtail gun homicides, or even mass shootings. These attacks have been conducted without these weapons before. Some of the most infamous- Columbine and Virginia Tech- were conducted with only pistol-caliber weapons and shotguns. If a ban on specific firearms is passed, these shootings will simply continue with other firearms used instead, with no reduction in the amount of victims.

Targeting mass shootings, letalone the weapons used by their perpetrators, will NOT make our country or our state safer. Semiautomatic rifles are used by law-abiding gun owners in sport shooting, hunting, and home defense far more than they are used in mass shootings. As one of your constituents, I hope you will support Second Ammendment rights in Pennsylvania, and resist bans by name or feature against firearms we use safely and lawfully.

Anyone have a source on the NRA grades for PA state legislators ? I checked the NRA website but they only offer ratings for current elections it seems.

>inb4 NRA is evil

Not perfect I know, I'm just trying to come up with a picture based on what data might be readily available.

I think your claims linked to facts would be better if you could cite a source for them, more convincing I think. Also I would be careful of offering substitutes to semi-auto rifles. I'm not sure if shifting focus to pistols and shotguns is a desirable direction for the conversation in a letter about gun bans but I could be way off base there. It's been a long day already.

At any rate good on you for writing your reps, keep it up

>I urge you to do everything you can to prevent egregious and ineffectual legislature from being passed.
Gun bans work on stopping mass shooters, but they don't work on stopping violence or murders. You don't want them to think in that direction, cause it makes them scrutinize everything else you have to say that follows it. Change it or remove the line.

The next paragraph you wrote, explains what you mean in more detail, which just goes to show that you don't need what you wrote up above. Details speak for themselves, but you shouldn't make the distinction of Rifles, Handguns and Shotguns. Just the fact that automatic weapons were banned and that didn't stop shootings is enough. You want the reader to come to the realization that "They" (da jews) won't be satisfied, until there is a complete gun ban and that it is a bad thing.

>As one of your constituents, I hope you will support Second Ammendment rights in Pennsylvania,
>and resist bans by name or feature against firearms we use safely and lawfully.
"As one of your constituents" sounds like a threat. Why do you people keep doing this? "As a community driven citizen" is the way to go here. Resist bans is not what politicians do, they weigh pros and cons of legislation. Suggestion: "and scrutinize unconstitutional legislation, haphazardly composed that affects millions of law abiding residents."

Really though, your letters are small time and don't speak of personal experience of a hard working, family man. Your letters are too vague and impersonal. I'm working on a letter that'll make anyone that reads it want to grab their nugget and run out to find communists to shoot.

My representative got back to me and agreed with my view, which is a little reassuring. Still waiting to see if my senator responds.

She fucking cheated, doods can't do that shit.

She didn't need to split her leg like that to hit the targets, but I still appreciate it.

I'm calling shenanigans.
She's rubbing in her female privilege. The rules need to be changed to be inclusive of male shooters.

She didnt even split her legs, any guy can do that with a minute or two of stretching

tryna split my taint?

...Why would I want to see a guy do that?

A guy from my reps office called me an hour ago, and of course I work in a basement so I didn’t see it until I left work. Told me to call him back, guess I’m waiting till Monday.

I’m just saying it’s possible

>I’m just saying it’s possible
Is there something you want to tell us, user?

Maybe in higher total count due to higher population, but in the percentage relative to the population count it's lower. That's how they word it to make it sound like the blue states are better off than red states statistics.

If GWG are what it takes to motivate you all to contact your reps, then have another.

> Was waiting for the giraffe neck to show

>no ass at all

the Penn political map was refused by the Supreme Court and is now being redrawn by Gov Wolf (D) FYI. Be afraid.

Let 'em try, they're only in the cities

All you have to do is tell them "I do not support this legislation, and as my representative I want you to have this position as well". You don't need to give them a friggin' essay. Let them know you vote for them or against them, and you opinion, that is all.

HOLY SHIT THICC

I saw the old map but how could a new map be worse. ITs not like a new map would make people vote democrat.

Gerrymandering