ITT post your country's greatest landmark in terms of architecture

ust post the building you believe has the greatest architecture in your country. One building.

No skyscrapers
No modern architecture or postmodernism
No interior, only exterior

Other than that post any building.

My country: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just* post the building

boom boom bim bam ba boom

That is a very nice mosque

God this is actually beautiful. I can't believe something like this is in America. Americans always post McDonalds when I make this thread.

Why no skyscrapers? Are you afraid they'll win "greatest architecture"? Cause you shouldn't.

Great. Usually Americans would post something like pic related and say shit like
>This is the most prized architectural piece of my country. It has influences from Roman architecture and is called "The Golden Arches".

>tfw Hungarian from Slovakia

Who is "they'll"??
I am not afraid at all. We are the 4th country in the world in terms of how many skyscrapers we have in our country. This is simply a traditional architecture thread. Forget about all the skyscrapers and all the modern trash. Post /comfy/ trad architecture from your country.

Why is the Hungarian Parliament shown as the Slovak parliament with the 1918 date in your pic related?

Hideous. Too much white. Looks like a bottle of white out was dumped on it

>Why is the Hungarian Parliament shown as the Slovak parliament with the 1918 date in your pic related?
Gee no Idea

God, I love aesthetic governmental buildings.
Here's a picture of the PA State capitol building grounds (from the back).

This is a picture of the Senate chamber inside.

This is the inside of the House chamber.

i like how the Muslims example of a nice foreign building is still a dome. You guys love your domes dont you?

gaudy ugly shit bro, and the pseudo-classical stuff is tried and depressing.

I cannot take seriously an opinion from someone who thinks the word 'trite' is really 'tried'.

Also known as, half life 2 combine hq

Castle in the Finland´s oldest city

The National Theatre of Latvia. There are many beautiful old buildings from the times of Russian empire, all the way back to when the Teutonic order ruled. Although this might not be as grand, as other sights here, it is still amaeing.

How the other world can even compete

Perfection

We don't like buildings.
youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o

Fuck muslims, but this is fucking beautiful.

Would post Cologne Cathdral, decided to shill my hometown's city hall instead

"El congreso Argentino"

Nice rathaus.

we don't have many as far as I can tell, but I found two cool ones

catedral da sé

Dome and towers/minarets are probably the most important thing that could make a building look prestigious. Just look at the dome at the Hungarian parliament for example.

Also, I am anschlussing Austria's right to post and posting Vienna's city hall, although it's difficult to choose since that city is littered with neo-gothic marvel

Old Québec and the Château Frontenac maybe.

A bit off topic but one of my favorite parts of connecticut is walking through the woods and finding all the old stone walls that the settlers put up to mark their property

You can just be walking in the forest and find pick related.

Its a fucking shame thogh because niggers here will steal these stones from peoples property to resell. Destroying a piece of history. My property is situated on a piece of land that has these walls and i have to chase away niggers all the time from stealing my fucking rocks.

Fuck i hate blacks.

>"Pearl of the Renaissance", "Padua of the North", "City of arcades"– these were the expressions used to describe Zamość not only because of the single Renaissance architecture monuments, but also because of its original, urban space layout.[3] In Europe there are only two cities, built accordingly with the premises of the so-called "ideal city", one of them is Zamość.[3] The concept of the "ideal city" was not made by the Italian architects of the Renaissance era. The "ideal city" was supposed to be geometric, straight and congruous with its form, which leashed it. The author of the first vision of the city was Plato, who wanted to divide the city into counties, which would be placed in the middle of the city as a central point. However, Hippoadamus of Miletus had a different plan. His idea was that the place would be based on the streets delineated in perpendicular and parallel lines. That is how Piraeus looks like.[3]

Nice dome boner, Ahmed.

does anyone else here live the arch

we only have commie bullshit here.
but this is probably the most impressive landmark weve made

Fuck off kike
Dome of the rock. Palestine.

Church of the holy sepulchre. Palestine.

George Washington Vanderbilt's Summer Cottage in my home state of North Carolina

I always hated this monument, i think it looks so fucking stupid

Western wall. PALESTINE.

The Federal Triangle, Washington DC

Just imagine the Volkshalle.

by having a government that was elected with honesty lol

>niggers will risk gunfire and jail to steal actual fucking rocks.

I agree it is not the greatest looking but it is the best we've got.

what a faggot bitch nigger kikewad you are

Someone has to explain to me how come aesthetic excellence became uncool among architects so that now we primarily get to choose between concrete blocks and glass&steel modern art projects.

SPOTTED THE FUCKING JEW

I guaran-fucking-tee this faggot is a jew.

SPOTTED THE FUCKING JEW

I guaran-fucking-tee THIS faggot is the jew.

calm down there P.I. Hitler
we get it, you watch rick and morty

Modernist shit built in my town with my tax kroner.

It is said the building would have been so enormous that the moisture of the 180,000 people that could fit inside would have possibly created rain. Pretty fucking mind blowing.

That is in a UN International Zone administered by Jordan.

You went all out with the purty colors huh Mr. Pinko?
Well whatever it takes to impress the level of IQ in your populace.

>'Only have commie bullshit'
>Implying commies could affort building something like this.

Pretty fucking ugly. Why not post comfy traditional architecture. You have this nice cathedral in your country. You could have posted it instead.

Looks like it's from the Oct. 26th, Austrias national holiday, new recruits being sworn in.

They would have put some AC, they're super smart nazis and all.

I get that. I go on bikerides through the forests and hills where I live and stumble upon the ruins of castles and fortifications pretty regularly. Everything's pretty well excavated and documented, so you also get to read up on a bit of history.

American education strikes back

Soon....

Here ya go

What went wrong with the empire state building?
Why is there a huge antenna on top of it now?
I know OP said no skyscrapers but this building is an important part of American history so fuck the police

i'd hit it

The Connecticut State flower. Come to Rhode Island user

Because 90% of buildings in Norway were built when we were a relatively poor country after the germans bombed the shit out of us. So everything is very ugly, cheap and looks the same.

>pic related, norwegian architecture, ctrl+c, ctrl+v

Provinciano resentido.

Argentina is white and beautiful

not only is that "monument" a nigger-stinking piece of shit, the entire "city" it lords over would be better off as an atomic parking lot.

What a beautiful view you have through the arch — of industrial waste. Fuck St. Louis.