Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F7uCP9Fa0X8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shit action scenes
>good potential until they go to space
>Awful characters
>Nina
>Netorare
>"Happy" ending even though nina just killed millions of people but it's okay because she likes koi again
>The final battle is in shitty mobile armors
>only a few competent designs

yes

That honor belongs to AGE

the animation was great

g.reco is the worst by far

good animation means nothing when the fights have awful choreography

Protagonist is a cuck so yeah

No, it's better than 8th ms team / Zeta / G.

Fuck off, Kou is the best gundam mc

>G-Saviour
>AGE
>GBF Try

The robots were cool
All the GM variants were sexy
Zeon Mobile armor and Dra-C were also pretty cool
Also top tier openings

I like his hatred of carrots.

That's not Amuro Ray.

>autistic NEET shut-in who somehow becomes ace pilot because he read the manual

Yep.

14th Ms Team is worse

tfw no else reads the manual

nope, IBO is

>tfw still waiting on ver ka zephyrantes and gp-02

>Better than ZZ
>Better than 08th MS Team
>Better than Thunderbolt
>Better than any of the AUs
Have fun watching Gundam.

Doesn't matter anymore, The Origin retconned that thing.
Also, Amuro is by far the most memorable Gundam protagonist, he appears a lot and his story ends in an epic way.

No, first prize goes to Gundam Wing, second place goes to 00 and SEED is standing in the corner.

>his story ends in an epic way.
>Disintegrates into space dust trying to push a space rock from falling on Earth.

Yep.

>Better than ZZ
LMAO

Well, he indirectly succeeded.

>Better than any of the AUs
>Better than Thunderbolt
>Better than ZZ
>having this shit of taste
pic related

Don't know but Turn A Gundam made me turn away from gundam like five years ago.

> SEED is standing in the corner
Are you including Destiny, or did you give up after vanilla SEED?

Not him, but I find it funny how SEED and Destiny are starting to look good in comparison to Gundam series post 00.

Seed franchise is the worst imo. I also found the most recent series to be a bit bland but I never got around to finishing it.

They aren't.

The worldbuilding alone salvages it up above AGE, G-Reco and IBO.

AGE is the worst, SEED a close second worst. Haven't watched anything after AGE though.

00 S2 was also terrible.

SEED has been looking better and better with the more recent Gundam series coming out. AGE was worse, Greco was awful, IBO was boring as shit. Try failed to have the charm Fighters had.
The fact that you finished Seed and couldn't be bothered to finish the other series says something in itself, that seed was at least interesting enough to finish despite its flaws.

Nope. That'd be this.

SEED was alright. It was SEED Destiny that was an absolute mess.

>00 S2 was also terrible.
It wasn't THAT bad. Yeah it wasn't as good as S1, but it wasn't that bad.

This, I thought the concept was decent, but the execution was horrible.

I think you misspelled best.

Nina fucking bitch

This is a good point.
>good music
>pic related
Is bretty gud tbqh.

>good audio-design
>hands-down the best visuals of any Gundam entry ever, this isnt even debatable
>good ending without some shitty newtype magic
>proper representation of the different factions perfectly portraying the corruption and showing that most are being run by a bunch of lunatics
>doesnt try to make itself appear overly important, knows that its nothing more than a side story
>reasonable character and grounded behavior, Kou is a technerd who works for the military, theres no resaon for him to even know shit about women
>fairly decent antagonists since, technically speaking, you dont even know who the badguys really are since all of the kinda fit the role
Only things you can really criticize about 0083 are Burning anticlimactic death and the shoehorned love triangle at the end as well as the fact that Kou just seems to forgive her for that on the spot, as seen in the epilogue. The OVA always ticked more boxes than almost all other Gundam entries. The only people who dislike it are cucks who are pissed about Nina and try to discredit the entire thing over it. Those usually are also the ones who praise Zeta for its last 5-10 episodes while ignoring the 40-45 mediocre ones prior to it. Not biased at all.

Kamille "throw injured people off a mountain" Bidan is way more memorable.

War in the Pocket > All

Just goes to show that you don't have to have PEW PEW PEW in the spotlight to be the best.

Victory gundam is pretty bad imo, and i enjoyed 0083

no

Kamille is great, his episodes in ZZ almost made me tear up, but Amuro is still more memorable mostly because of his rivalry with Char

>repetitive story that uses the baseline plot that has been part of Gundam ever since its first iteration
>atrocious visual, and mediocre audio design
>best
Absolutely delusional. The only people who can say this with a straight face are the ones who have hardly watched any other Gundam shows/ovas. WitP was well executed from a narrative standpoint, but a complete blunder in all other aspects.

Seed Destiny by far and long is the worst

Not at all. It's the best UC OVA series.

>WitP was well executed from a narrative standpoint
>repetitive story that uses the baseline plot that has been part of Gundam ever since its first iteration

Literally contradicting yourself. If you want to sound smart, actually come up with stuff that makes sense.

Oh good a gundam thread.

I just watched episode 1 of the original MSG, but I really want to get to Zeta. Can I skip MSG? It is really fucking dated and gives my eyes cancer.

What does Sup Forums think?

Don't watch Gundam.

it gets better, don't skip it

Should I watch pokemon instead?

No, watch Digimon instead.

I just watched the 0083 recap movie, i thought it was decent but i guess it skipped a lot of memes so don't get the NTR meme.
Dendrobium tho.

Age is just wasted potential, but Level 5 targeted his retarded inazuma fanbase instead of actual Gundam/robots fans. Flit was surprisingly an interesting character on part 2 & 3 until the last 10min of the show with NEWTYPE GHOST TALK. He has a lot of depth with his hate of vegans, his disaster of a family and how life & time fucked him.
Kio however is still strong contender for worst protag ever. Never wanted to punch a Gundam MC in the face so much before.

Plot wise, Destiny still the worst.

WitP gets the main idea of the show and tells it better than most. That is the difference.

Just watch the 3 recap movies and go to Zeta (avoid the Zeta movie remake)

Watch the movie trilogy, infinitely better and saves you time.

Nina was gato's girlfriend and they broke up because gato was "muh zeon".

She literally showed no feeling until gato shows back up and decides that causing a global famine is worth it if she gets a shot at that gato dick.

Tv series is better since it doesn't rush through the plot. There isn't much filler and it's a good watch. The TV series as a whole is great and the animation isn't so awful that you can't tell what's going on.

>Literally contradicting yourself
Saying that a story is repetitive because it has been told a dozen times, and saying that its a well executed version of said story, totally contradict eachother. What sort of mental disability do you suffer from?

Watch the movie trilogy version, better animation and cuts out the filler, the plot gets a bit rushed at certain parts due to the condensed nature of the material but nothing major really. Overall much better than the TV series and a huge time saver.

MSG TV is the greatest thing tomino has ever made, so no, you can't skip it
the movies are an okay substitute but they don't fully make up for the show and you do miss out on a good amount by using them

You're just trying to be a relativist when you utterly fail at it.

Watch it; It's one of the best Gundam series.
I made the mistake of watching Zeta first; don't do the same.

>Watch the TV series, skip the movies
>Watch the movies, skip the TV series

Which one is it you assholes?

I actually liked it quite a bit except for the ending.

Any gundam in the last 10 years is way worse.

M O V I E T R I L O G Y.

I would actually like to know as well, is there a flowchart pic with the watching order or something?

Movies for sure, you can always watch TV series later.

Just watch the movies for the ones that are, by consensus, shitty.

the rule is always production order, and what came out first? TV series

MSG Trilogy>Zeta>CCA
Thisis the most OBJECTIVE order.

>putting GBF: try in the same tier as OP, g-reco, and age

no

Sekai is annoying as shit and ruins try, but its not the worst. It had a lot of good stuff.

Agreed on all points, user! Tell us how you REALLY feel!

>Kio however is still strong contender for worst protag ever

>who is sekai

No, but 0083 is the worst entry in UC Gundam at least. But to be clear, that doesn't mean it's good but other stuff is better. 0083 is bad.

>Nina got off scott free
HOLY FUCK. JAIL for that woman!

>Better than 08th MS Team
Nice shit taste you got there

They live in a world where thugs like Bask Om rose into greater power while good people like Synapse was sent to the gallows. Were you expecting real justice?

>Were you expecting real justice?
>implying justice exists IRL
Chestlets exist; there is no such thing as justice.

I love you man.
>tfw not alone

>his story ends in an epic way.
>Transcend beyond the time while desperately tried to push a giant space rock from falling on Earth thus ultimately save Earth

Sekai is annoying because he could JIGEN HAOH RYU everything but ultimately none of it was of any consequence because it's a show about them playing with plastic models. Even with assimilation, you're never actually concerned for the characters since the entire series is meant to be a fun way to reference old Gundam series. He's a bad MC but it's like getting upset that Domon is going to whoop everyone with Shining/Burning Finger; you know it's going to happen so there's no point being disappointed.

Kio is worse because he goes around touting peace and understanding in a war that's been waged for decades between Earth and Mars after his dad and grandfather got their lives ruined by it. He even has the AGE system spit out a Gundam specialized to disable Mobile Suits instead of destroying them which trivialized the efforts of everyone else while he could impose his beliefs. Flit doing a complete 180° at the end because of Newtype ghost Yurin and Kio was the worst part of AGE.

Why'd IBO turn out so boring? The first couple of eps were interesting and showed potential but then it meandered for what felt like 15+ eps of the same themes and conversations being repeated over and over.

Zeta isn't as good as you think retard

Seconding this

Turn A>War in the Pocket>everything else

>Thisis the most OBJECTIVE order
You're literally leaving a huge 3 way conflict half-finished.
I don't like a sold half of ZZ, but it's quite literally the second half of the Gryps War and the most referenced entry in Unicorn.

I'm watching 0080 after unicorn and I confess to watching the first episode in 2x speed

I never had to do this even for first gundam

MSG is more enjoyable than Zeta. Zeta's good as long as Amuro and the old crew are around, but they're gone halfway through and the series just continues to be dull after they leave.

I watched it like this but looking back I probably would have enjoyed it more if I watch the entire series and kept Char's Counterattack saved as the last Gundam I would watch.

What are you 12?

youtube.com/watch?v=F7uCP9Fa0X8

Official objective Gundam ranking order.
0080 > Turn A > MSG = G = Wing = X > 00 = Seed > ZZ > Unicorn > MS 08th Team > IBO > CCA > F91 > Victory > 0083 > Seed Destiny = Zeta > Age > G-Reco.

where's g savior

You're damned to the Seven Hells for even mentioning it.

any man worth their salt watchs every episode