What are the diferences between the manga and each iteration of the anime?

What are the diferences between the manga and each iteration of the anime?
Which one focuses more on him battling stuff like a good shounen protagonist should?

The first has an original ending. The second just goes full Shaft and makes shit up.

Neither of them cover anything beyond the first, what, 10 volumes? And there are over 30.

The battle shounen aspects are pretty much completely cut out of both adaptations. And the live action.

Maybe they'll fix that with UQ Holder! and give us actual flashbacks? Who knows.

guess I'll keep reading the manga then and just hoping uq holder will be good. Thx user

The first series when it gets to Kyoto.

Shaft version had more fights compared to the first series but you had to wade through the SHAFT humor:
>Chupacabras XDDD
and most of the fights were random shit where each girl had a 1/3 chance of drawing a dud card.

Just a couple OADs go into the Magical World battles.

UQ Holder! starts off trying to be its own thing (probably so Akamatsu could convince the magazine to pick it up) but quickly reminds readers that it's a sequel.

We're starting to get gaps filled in. The Negima! ending was rushed, but don't let it disappoint you because it does get explained in UQ. Several Negima! characters also make appearances, and others have been hinted at but haven't been seen yet.

I'm really enjoying it so far, but it is a bit of a clusterfuck. Half way though (I can't remember exactly when) it changed from weekly to monthly releases so the chapters get a lot longer and if you're binge-reading it that could be jarring.

Read the manga and then watch the OVAs if you want some animated battles.

Manga is weird. I like it when it has things happening like Negi playing with time machine, but it feels like a filler anime when it's episodic stories

>guess I'll keep reading the manga then and just hoping uq holder will be good. Thx user
UQ holder isn't as good as Negima imo.

>Akamatsu just wanted to write a shounen battle manga
>His editors say "fuck you write more love hina"
>he gives them the middle finger by turning it into a shounen battle manga
And a damn good one at that. Shame his editors keep messing with his work.

On tenth volume of Negima.

>he decides to challenge Evangelyne
>she is sick
>he tends to her instead
Why can't this Manga be more like this all the time

Is this manga good?

It's one of the classic battle harems. Unless you hate the genre, you'll probably enjoy it.

fantastic
completely over the top battle harem that goes crazy with scifi and fantasy elements as it goes on

>SHAFT humor
What does that mean? The only shaft shows I watched were madoka magic and SZS, and I can't make a parallel between tehm on humor. Also, I distinctively remember just seeing a scene where the girls think Evangeline might be a chupacabra on the manga.
>The Negima! ending was rushed
Rushed endings are such a thrill killer... good thing then if, as you mentioned, UQ holder fleshes it out.
kinda like the Kenichi OVAs?
Some arcs doo feel like filler, but somehow they didn't bother me
shame... oh well, better than nothing
I started reading this specifically because I heard of this and like it when a comedy manga 'turns' into a shounen battle manga. Gintama and GS Mikami being fine examples.
Volume or chapter? That was cute.

Do you like Pani Poni Dash? Do you like Hidamari Sketch? Can you accept alternate interpretations of source material for what they are?
If so, go watch it. For what it is.

Style-wise it's a blend between PPD and Hidamari.

It was during Pactio arc just a little before climax on the bridge.

>What are the diferences between the manga and each iteration of the anime?
>Which one focuses more on him battling stuff like a good shounen protagonist should?
There is basically no decent anime adaptation of Negima.

The anime adaptations were produced during the switchover period, when authors realised that they have the power to demand decent faithful adaptations, but the anime studios were just not used to the idea of following a script.

Before this, the majority of anime adaptations ignore the source material and just make shit up. The authors didn't know there was any other way so they didn't care.

After this, authors start to push their weight around for better or worse, and anime studios learn to follow a script more or less.

The main thing with Negima was that it is the first time an author publicly got angry at the anime adaptation. That he went and told every piece of media how shit the anime version was. This basically broke the ice and authors across the country realised they have POWER over the anime. That they don't have to take shit from the studios.

The multiple Nejima anime basically all failed, but it is just inevitable consider how hard it is to fit it into 2 cour formats. It would have been a better fit if it was multi-year shonen manga format, but it wasn't a kid's show so they can't afford it.

Seen neither, I'll probably keep to the manga
vol 3 chapter 22, just looked it up

>switchover period
what do you mean by this? Is this name widely used? Do you mean the way anime like black cat and FMA didn't even bother to look like the manga aside from using the same character design and some story elements?
Cool post tho, didn't know akamatsu was that important.

>what do you mean by this? Is this name widely used? Do you mean the way anime like black cat and FMA didn't even bother to look like the manga aside from using the same character design and some story elements?
FMA specifically had permission from the author to have its own plot, because she was only half way through the story and didn't want the anime to spoil the manga. As you are aware, Brotherhood was the "real" adaptation.

The major switch over is most easily detected with two studios, SHAFT and J.C Staff.

Basically with SHAFT, their first season of SZS had random alterations. But later seasons were basically following the books to the point of hidden plotpoints added by the author. Shaft then retconned the first season by releasing an OVA retelling the major events more closely to the manga.
And of course, SHAFT is now famous for Monogatari, with the author basically visiting the production regularly to keep them on the straight and narrow.

With JC Staff, they basically butchered the Zero no Tsukaima anime, Every serious moment was cut out surgically so it can just be a harem sexy show. The surgery was so absolute that they basically ran out of stories to use for a sequel. Most people who only watch the anime will have no idea why the novels were so well loved.

But then JC Staff made Shakugan no Shana. First season, they butchered it as usual. But then 2nd season they tried their very best to twist the story back on track. They never truly succeeded, but it was clear something changed in the studio and they realised their first season was a mistake.

This was also show with Tora Dora, where JC Staff basically told the whole story faithfully with only compression for time. Three separate Tsundere anime, each becoming more faithful to the last.

oh, so that's why Zero no Tsukaima looked so unbearable despite people loving it. Also, I stomached the whole first season of Shakugan no Shana, did'nt watch the second one because i hated the first... should I give it a go?

Some are shit, others are not.

I just finished reading and was about to make a thread but I may also dump it here:
>How are Asuna, Arika and Life Maker exactly related? Is Asuna older than Arika?
>Why Life Maker was Nagi after final battle?
>What was under the World Tree that Eva mentioned?
>What happened to Arika?
>Why they skipped Zazzie circus invitation during Festival Arc?
I never visited threads during finale to avoid spoilers - what was the biggest cause of the shitstorm?

>>How are Asuna, Arika and Life Maker exactly related? Is Asuna older than Arika?
We don't know yet.

>>Why Life Maker was Nagi after final battle?

Life Maker possesses people after her body is destroyed.

>>What was under the World Tree that Eva mentioned?

The sealed body of Nagi/the Life Maker.

>>What happened to Arika?

Still don't know.

>>Why they skipped Zazzie circus invitation during Festival Arc?

Wanted to keep demons a secret? Oops.

People look down on Akamatsu for tsunderes and lovecoms but they don't realize how important he was.

In any case the first adaptation wasn't butchered, it just had an original ending because it didn't adapt further than the Kyoto arc.

Shaft really shit the bed with the second adaptation though.

As someone who watched ZnT when it aired I can say I liked the adaptation, the first season was actually good and the second was fairly decent, it only went to shit in the third season, when pretty much all the relationship development was forgotten, more girls started getting increased screentime and Saito made out with the princess.

Most people liked it back then too, so your statement about people having no idea why the novels were loved feels out of place.

Looking at the latest UQ cast announcements, they seem to be removing all traces of Santa's existence from the anime.