youtube.com/watch?v=p1qOGL5WXyM
youtube.com/watch?v=jw58J_NlFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=7NzuRnvL79w
youtube.com/watch?v=NMczRJh_OeI
youtube.com/watch?v=Smxf_53jEI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to this???

and is pic related the best Macross?

How bad is the new macross? Does it at least have cool mecha fights and cute Zentraedis?

Episode 1 is good to trick you into thinking it might be good but the rest is absolute shit

Greed and idolshit.

Idols make everything better

It gets shat on way too much. Its biggest flaws are the dialogue which pretty much just consists of "DUDE WIND LMAO" and the ending is very in-conclusive.
>cute Zentraedis?
It has the cutest Zentradi besides Miria

Forgot to mention that the action is great and it has the best music in the series.

Also why is Myung SUCH A FUCKING SHIT

There are plenty of PLANE fights and some of them are pretty nice but they rarely use battroid form outside the first episode.

>best music in the franchise
That's still 7.
>youtube.com/watch?v=g6xitKpfzUM
>youtube.com/watch?v=p1qOGL5WXyM
youtube.com/watch?v=jw58J_NlFPg

Because she wasn't an AI waifu.

Frontier had 10x better music.
Delta had: Ikenai borderline
red girls song forgot her name already

>it's a "pretend the series started at Plus" episode
Just admit that you don't like Macross

Myung actually acts like a real 3dpd roastie.

I'm so glad that anime girls these days don't act like real roasties

Plus was the pinnacle of Macross.

The original was too old to have good animation

The new shit is just CG garbage

>Plus
>pinnacle of Macross
In terms of animation and fights, sure. In terms of everything else? Hell no.

>The original was too old to have good animation
End yourself, my man.

Face it, nerd. 90's was king

The industry discovered it's more profitable to pander to idolfags and females than the traditional demographics.

YOU are not the target demographic.

That is in serious need for grooming

Its not the end of Macross like some fags were memeing, but its definitely not the best.
Third best music in the whole franchise though.

Macross has always been about Idols. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Delta at least has high points, Frontier was one gigantic shittrain that nearly made me swear macross off because it was so fucking terrible, holy christ was frontier just the absolute worst shit.

Plus had good animation and that's it.

It was about war, clash of cultures and love triangles. Idol storyline was there for the later two and to serve as a Deus ex machina to end the war, but it wasn't central and only one. Then music sales skyrocketed and Macross become idolshit milk cow, now more than ever.

I remember that scene. Remember when we thought we'd have cool mech breakdance fights?

Instead we got Space Nazis and retards...

Maybe the movie will have more breakdancing.

Maybe the movie will make me give a fuck about his horrible writing.

I should have learned my lesson after Evol...

I dropped Frontier because it had atrocious animation right from the start, but still watched it a year or two later with BD rips. It was a waste of time and the last straw. I dropped Delta as soon as I heard about it, especially after learning that it become Idolmaster&co clone. Series is dead for a long time already.

Maybe the movie will have a satisfying ending. Don't hold your breath.

That is an insult to idolmaster

Best girl Makina true end

I miss Macross Plus, that's the theme and tone that should have been followed.

Although Delta was fun at times.

Literally a pair of tits with no actual character.

animation was the only thing plus was good at, everything else was absolute dogshit.

>plus
>theme and tone to follow
No, the animation is what should be followed, not it's theme of internal conflict and dark tone. Going the route of Plus was a mistake.

Zero was better than plus

First half is alright. Problem is the second half was never supposed to exist so they had no idea what to do with it.
Okay

Whoops forgot my link
youtube.com/watch?v=7NzuRnvL79w

>Plus' theme
>Two men bickering over spilled milk like little kids
No

>Plus was the pinnacle of Macross
The animation was pretty great, but that's all it had going for it. 7 is the patrician's Macross.

Has anybody is the Macross universe suffered more than her?

Plus has the best songs in the entire franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=NMczRJh_OeI

Be real, it has Information High. It's other songs range from completely forgettable to shit.

>ending is very in-conclusive.
That's how F was, hell even the movie was pretty inconclusive.

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=Smxf_53jEI8

>It's other songs range from completely forgettable to shit.

pleb detected

I wanted her to end up with Gamlin since they were both losers.

>Vajra are freed from Galaxy control and understand human individuality
>Vajra leave and let the Frontier fleet colonize the planet
How was the Frontier ending inconclusive?

You've only named one more which falls under the shit category. Meanwhile the next Macross property had far more memorable and good songs. To be fair though it had far more songs in general, including shit ones.

>DYRL
The original TV broadcast was absolute dogshit.

You're delusional. Plus was the exception, not the rule, it was an OVA that was completely off-character for the series.

Fucking plebs like you who only say Plus and think that's what Macross is about need to educate yourselves before you ever consider posting anything about Macross again.

Plus is amazingly prescient too what-not with virtual idols and combat drones being the main focus of the plot.

Idolshit apologist detected

Pleb detected.

I actually don't like Delta specifically because of under-utilized Mirage was in the series.

It's still miles better than pure diarrhea like Frontier or Delta.

Can macross be made great again?

Writing-wise not really.

Yeah, less idolbullshit, more on the fucking exploration.
We still don't know about the race which was fighting the Zentradi.

Frontier was good though.

Objectively false.

>I miss Macross Plus, that's the theme and tone that should have been followed.

Ripping off Top Gun is not a theme to be followed.
Plus has good animation, a single decent song (that is still poor for the franchise as a whole) and that's the end of it.

Frontier was FUN

>No, the animation is what should be followed, not it's theme of internal conflict and dark tone. Going the route of Plus was a mistake.
>>Plus' theme
>>Two men bickering over spilled milk like little kids
>No

The theme of personal conflict and rivalry between men, fighting for the women they both love. Driven by their own different desires to become the best.
The tone of the advances in computer technology and the nature of man; What motivates people to act and how emotions shape lives and conflicts? The more serious tone of combat in the future build on a solid science fiction background.

Macross should have moved into a more mature thinking series. Not just cliches with space as a prefix.
Yukikaze is the direction I think Macross should have gone.

Schedules are too tight nowadays to let artists put that much detail into their work. Reusable CG assets are much more efficient.

Might be the best anime song.

>We still don't know about the race which was fighting the Zentradi.

That was explained in 7 you dumbnut. You're over 20 years late to the realization.

>That was explained in 7 you dumbnut.
Must've missed that because I watched 7 while playing games because it was most of the time shit.

Too many characters and not enough development or weight. Fights mostly have no meaning and are dumb as fuck because a skirmish between 10 people apparently decides an entire war

That's from Plus, not a TV anime. Resuable assets don't matter if it's only really a one or two time production.Nor does tight sceduling. People making moves and OVAs have plenty of time.

Was Gamlin the greatest pilot?

You prefer ugly cyborgs over pretty idols and stylish bishonen?

I like how this image kinda implies that the idols are the pilots

Messer died and Delta came with it.
At least the music's good.

I'd say Max for conventional piloting, but damn Basara's piloting is over the top. It's like using guitar hero controller playing ace combat while not killing enemy fighters.

DYRL > Macross > 7 > Plus > II > Zero > Frontier > Delta

But that's just my opinion man

Delta isn't bad because of the idols though.

If anything, they were very underused

DYRL > F > SDF > Plus > Delta > 7 > Zero

supervision army never

Just finished Zero and it was a bit different from the rest.
Now to continue on with 7 which takes a while

>watching Zero before 7
Why though?

They were the enemy in 7.

7 > Frontier > DYRL > SDF > Plus > II > Delta > Zero

I won't deny that DYRL, SDF and Plus are strictly speaking better than 7 and Frontier, but I really enjoy their cheesiness. Delta was a major fucking disappointment in that regard - when breakdancing mechs happened, I thought for sure it would become my new favourite.

>Macross should have moved into a more mature thinking series.
and yet Plus ended with said two men being immature and childish about their own personal grudges with each other. There was no such dept in these characters aside from the story telling being reserved by saving the main plot twist in the finale, other than that it's pretty simple.

>Not just cliches with space as a prefix.
What Macross are you reffering to?

I think the first half of Delta was really good. The problem came after Messer's death, when the plot screeched to a halt and was rushed to a conclusion during the last two episodes, the Windermerian became invincible mary sues (there is nothing wrong about super strong antagonists but there's a limit to it) even more.

Delta's first half was one of the stronger showings in the Macross series, but the second half tried to go in too many different directions, leading to plot points and characterization getting dropped.
They had that entire fucking episode where they did literally nothing but talk about Lady M's connection to the Megaroad and how var syndrome is caused by Vajra, only for it to never come up again for the (albeit short) remainder of the series. It seems like they didn't quite know what to do with Delta after the first half and just tried to built it into a springboard for the next series instead.

Sayonara no Tsubasa will always be the pinnacle of the series and Frontier has objectively the best music.

This very much.

Both Frontier and Delta's first episodes were 10/10.

Frontier has the best songs.

Frontier > DYRL > Macross > II > Plus > 7 = Zero = Delta

Songs: 7 > dyrl > delta > frontier > plus > sdf > zero

overall: 7 > dyrl > plus > frontier > sdf > delta > zero

>that image
The 80ies were the fucking shit, mang.

Who has the best DYRL cover?

Max drag out a zentradi into space and then blow his brain off, in the same scene people cheer and call him a genius.

Now I remember love

>Plus was the pinnacle of Macross.
Sorry but that's 7 Dynamite. Followed by DYRL

Sounds dope, I've gotta watch it sometime.
I've only seen SDF Macross, Frontier and Plus so far, might as well watch the rest.

Plus is shit

>tfw Gamlinfag
>tfw Rankafag
>tfw Miragefag
Fuck this gay franchise.

> (You)
>Songs: 7 > dyrl > delta > frontier > plus > sdf > zero
>overall: 7 > dyrl > plus > frontier > sdf > delta > zero

That shitty taste.

Mirage was dogshit.

I dropped Delta around episode 10 and I want to know if they revealed the identity of Lady M. Was it Minmay, Mylene or entirely new character?