What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g
youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shouldn't jump to conclusions till 4.0 comes out faggot

For some reason they diverted away from an interesting story, with great character development, in favour of a load of incomprehensible, brightly coloured science fiction stuff happening.

Mari's existence

3.0 is irredeemable though.

>HARR!!

Literally everything

>stump leg
>let her
>know what I mean
If you know what I mean.

nothing

Acted more as a bridge between movies rather than an actual movie.

Doing anything with Eva at all ever after EoE.
ReHash is cancer.

Asuka missing a leg is more tragic than anything.

Adding more questions and purposly avoiding to answering them. I mean shinji screams, "why do you want to stop me?" No one says anything but stop shinji and take your punishment.
It was that fucking stupid.

But that's the absolute thing that went right user.

The biggest issue is the major disconnect between 2 and 3.

Soryu was a much better character than Shikinami.

More importantly, trying to shove all of NGE's character writing into four movies was a mistake. So was cutting Leliel.

DELETE THIS

>2xzooka
>Not 2xbasuka

3.33 was quite strange compared to the two rather coherent movies before, and took the Rebuild movie series in a whole new direction.
Shinji almost caused the Third Impact (or actually caused it, I have no idea - the characters in the movie were saying that he had caused it, but Kaworu impaled Shinji with his Lance before he could actually go through).
Everybody is mad at Shinii for doing whatever he ended up doing, and that's normal - but why the fuck did they treat him like total shit? Why didn't they answer his questions at all? And why were they surprised that he accepted Rei Q's help and escaped from a place full of people that were treating him like shit?
Q raised a lot of important questions, and did not answer any of them. Not to mention that Anno is taking his sweet time with the last movie.

>asuka wins again
nothing of consequence

It would be less believable if they could inform someone back from the dead of 14 years of troubled history that starts with everything he knows being wrong in 10 minutes, then he didn't still reject anything they had to say about Ayanamis and leave to see for himself.

Everything

>Asuka wins again

Pretty sure Asuka drops the ball more than anyone else in all of Eva.

Misato is up there. Especially when Kaji is going on about how he's going to get killed and she's completely oblivious to it.

>let her
do what?

Misato was the primary source for both Kaji's warnings and suspicion of Nerv.

But Misato did a lot right. Way more than Asuka.

But when shit actually goes down and Kaji knows he's going to die she has no idea.

The answering machine wasn't anything that would break her down crying if she didn't already have the context.

>but Kaworu impaled Shinji with his Lance

When the fuck is the final movie going to be finished? I still haven't watched any of them because i hate watching something that isn't finished.

Don't bother, you're not missing anything.

Literally nothing, you just have a shit taste

Anno hated the direction 2.2 was going, so he got the Diebudter crew on board to make a course correction. (since the diebuster crew made an ok spin of gunbuster, anno washoping for the same for eva)

You are correct.

This is the pic I meant to post, Misato's character in the hands of the diebuster crew.

I personally believe in the theory khara lost the original drafts to natural disaster or changed the plot due to it. Because they skipped over a lot of interesting events to give us "nothing happens: the movie",

Not the answering machine. When her and Kaji are lying in bed together and your only see the bedside table, Kaji is basically saying "yeah I'm going to die very soon".

Probably late 2018 early 2019, if anno doesnt take a break again

There is "losing the draft" and there is forgetting the whole fucking thing. You dont forget major plot points during production, even if you lost the script.

Depends on who was writing it. Toriyama has forgotten about 99% of the Dragonball plots.

Mandatory

Anno had creative control of 2 and obviously doesn't feel pressure to get something done and out the door.

I was just commenting on the Asuka losing a leg stuff, idk about the let her thing, I assume something relating to profane pirate activities.

>profane pirate activities.
as far asi can imagine its either some kind of sex thing that requires feet or helping her around the place

Ten bucks says in 4.0 she grows her leg back Rei-style.

Nothing. 3.0 was the best Rebuild. 4.0 will change anime history. Fite me.

nothing
its just like end of evangelion except y'all don't get to cheat and just watch some guy explain everything on youtube so thus you don't like it

Nothing.

3.33 was literally crafted to be shit to illustrate the actual Curse of Eva as it effects the industry.

The idea to take EVA in a completely new direction was good but the writing was utterly fucking retarded

Why would anyone need to watch a Youtube vid explaining End of Evangelion tho? It's pretty dense, but not at all a "hard" film.

looking at the mal forums and youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g
like 70% of people didnt "get" it the first time around

>profane pirate activities.
>some kind of sex thing
I can't see Shinji manning up enough to give anyone a Jolly Rogering, let alone Asuka.

YOU'RE MISUSING THE TERM "HATE"

>MAL
I found your problem

>and behold again I shall be a blight upon your land - and everything I touch shall wither, and die!

why is her left tiddy like that?

Now your a man!

To sell figures

RUDE
MARI A SQUISH

Getting the main message is pretty easy. I think people are too invested in the whole ayy story and dont get what is going on because adam and lilith were never explained.
If you go with the right mindset its easier to get.
Small dips on the wikis help, but watching videos explaining EoE is unnecessary.

Shinji was made for getting fucked by men

Adam and Lilith were explained just never directly.

The only thing that people really should've been questioning is the difference between the forms of Instrumentality that SEELE, Gendo, and Rei III were all trying to initialize.

>he didn't understand the rebuilds

Everything, from the very first second of the movie.

Go home Karl

>4:3 show
>16:9 pillarboxed screenshot

It's imagining their origins that was pointless to the story and distracting.

What about her eye then?

We don't know what the original guy meant, I assumed that it wasn't between characters, but if was someone just showing up in the universe.

The BDs came out 2 years ago.

And?

Exactly.

>mfw all these brainlets ITT who didn't get the Rebuilds
It's meaning is literally in the title
I wouldn't be surprised if half of this thread didn't get the original either, which is summed up in this greatest film scene of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY

Beta cuck boi btfo, how will shinji ever recover

So why did you put those black bars on the sides of your 4:3 screenshot again?

This really. End of Evangelion was the perfect finish to Eva. It was sad and it was unique, and it was memorable. That's when you stop. You don't need to go on after you've hit the top, only way from there is down.

Why did Misato wait so long to go after Shinji?

True, but a lot of people dont have experience with character driven stories, only plot driven ones. I blame the education.

By being Kaworu's bitch

I didn't, that's what the original looks like.

>youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY
Is that the god creator himself speaking at the end?

Yes. It's him. It was always about him. It was about him and us and if it's okay for us to be here.

Shit release then.

It's literally ripped from the physical copy

Just what you'd expect from the master, Mr. Anno.

Shit player software then.

It has the black bars when I play it on my TV too, that's how it's supposed to look

Asuka lost a leg??
Where was I when that happened?

shut up Kaworu

Shit mastering then.

Enough being cheeky though, but BD spec does provide native 1440x1080 format for 4:3 shows instead of pillarboxed 1920x1080. I didn't buy the BD box set yet, but it's silly if they didn't use it.

It goes beyond what they did with that scene.

Misato's character and how everyone acts towards shinji is the exact same as for how the spaceship-crew in diebuster did to the topless, they all hated her for some reason that was never explained, hell they even put a device on her in order to stop her powers. just like the dss choker

These are hypothetical numbers due to now knowing the dimensions of Misato's apartment.

For equation's sake, lets lay out some the situation.
>Height of a tooth pick is 2.5 inches (real life length)
>the tooth picks are near the far edge of the table furthest from Shinji
>the distance from the tooth picks to the washroom door is 6 feet
>the shot was recorded from 2 feet away from the tooth picks, making the camera 8 feet away from Shinji
If a light was held at level with the table from 8 feet away from Shinji, and 2 feet away from the tooth picks, the toothpicks would cast a shadow approximately 4 times the height of the tooth picks.

>2.5 Inches times 4 = 10 inches
The toothpick container roughly covers 10 inches of Shinji's body.

Focal length and such.

this guy was the one who brought up stump leg

>These are hypothetical numbers due to now knowing the dimensions of Misato's apartment.

*not knowing

Literal fanfiction.
Toji lost a leg in unit 03 in the original. Asuka lost her eye on it in the rebuilds. Someone is trying to imagine if asuka lost her leg instead like toji.

Its a gag user, not supposed to be taken seriously. Calm your autism.

You don't need math for that though.

If Shinji is flaccid then his dick would need to be dangling all the way down to his knees for the tip to show under the table. Probably unrealistic.

If he had a boner, then his boner is not showing at all at the level of his hips, which would mean that he has a pathetic micro-penis that's less than 2" erect. More plausible, but also strange how it never got mentioned or hinted at throughout the show.

We can only try to figure out which one it was from Misato's and Pen^2's reactions.

Glad to know it was BS. And yeah poor Touji lost a leg, never forget

This is its size according to the official character designer Sadamoto