Do people just say they like this because they think it makes them appear intelligent...

Do people just say they like this because they think it makes them appear intelligent? Every LotGH fan I've encountered has actually been a fucking idiot.

Have you watched it?

>complains about idiots
>"spoonfeed me daddy!"

Just watch it, it's great.

The only negative is that the animation can be a bit shit at times. They re-use frames a lot particularly in space battles. Everthing else however is amazing. The character roster is large but I think the pace it enough and make them visually distinct so that you don't forget who people are. I guess the length can also be a bit imposing but that's more of an opinion.

i like it because its so gay :3
but really you're right, a lot of the more intellectual concepts can go over the heads of many but there are a lot of memorable scenes and character moments

>Everthing else however is amazing
Ahem, you might wanna go ahead and list the other things that have issues.

I can only comment on the first 13 episodes because I dropped it despite trying really hard to like it, but one flaw I'd give is that the writing during those episodes is really transparent in how it often feels like entire scenes were written just to convey one (really obvious) idea about politics. Any subtlety is generally thrown out the window when it comes time to make a point about real life systems and it is at times honestly painful to watch.

Yup
Same with lainfags

It used to be kind of a hidden gem. Like the anime Star Wars that nobody really knew about because it banged and fizzled out long before the internet age. It's really not that good - hell, I'd even call it plain boring - but for those people who derive their self-worth from viewing the creations of other people, that is, anime collectors, it was the ultimate anime. I think I speak for everybody when I say that it's not very interesting, and its mystique as a collectible has also worn away. There's no reason to talk about it anymore.

Definitely vastly overrated and I would say I was a fan of the show. I don't think the story is really all that intelligent and doesn't deserve praise for being as such. Is is more just a different approach and subject matter to that which anime usually tackles and tackled on scale and depth that no other anime really ever did.

I think the particularly intense fans of the show are people that this kind of story appeals to a lote more than your average anime fan. It probably help that the length makes it more inaccessible and you can pretend to be an elitist for having watched it despite it being rather well known.

It's weakest points are definitely the direction and animation. Often times it is completely uninspired and by the books, talking heads with nothing interesting in the framing to compensate for it, nothing interesting visually at all most of the time. That isn't to say there is never anything interesting though I don't really think the series gains much from being animated besides being anime.

Ill just go ahead and paste what I wrote in a thread just earlier today.

>See, you already get overly defensive over something that shouldnt even be new to you. After having watched all 110 episodes of LotGH you should already be aware of its flaws, particularly the ones that arent even related to its writing. You simply chose to ignore them.

>Overall detailing is too minor considering the mostly static frames, particularly noticeable in regards to facial structure, facial detailing and background detailing. Varying levels of production value that make certain episodes (particularly common around ~20ish iirc) look like rushjobs with characters looking like they wear a pound of makeup. Partially the looks even change mid-ep, making it even worse. Audio design is mediocre at best for two reasons: first off, the show only makes use of pieces of classical music. That in itself isnt a problem, but the studio cant be credited for copy pasting acclaimed pieces instead of composing at least some of their own. Artlands approach was lazy, no more no less and that needs to be accounted for. Second issue are the unfortunate cuts at the end of many buildup sequeneces. It sounds like they are going to cut to a commercial, but since it was an OVA we know that there never was one. Guess thats the issue when all you do it copy compositions: very often the piece doesnt stop or slow down when you need it to.

>The best part is that you probably think that I dislike it, since you cant fathom the idea of someone criticizing something he likes. Its precisely why LotGHs fanbase is more aids than anything else in the medium. Even worse than EVA, Monogatari, KyoAni or any other fanbase could ever be.

So yes, I agree. LotGH is heavily overrated and its fanbase is absolute cancer and arguably the worst in the entire medium. Do I still love the show, though? I do, but thats mostly because I like space operas (although this hardly being one) and exposition heavy shows.

Should have just let that fade into obscurity when that thread 404's. It boggles the mind that you were proud of what you wrote to the point that you'd spam it in this thread.

The only really major flaw is the animation especially in the earlier seasons.

There are other flaws but they're so minor in a franchise spanning 110 episode main series, 52 episode gaiden, and 3 movies that they're only really worth talking about with other people who've seen the series. (ex. Space Jews could have been better written, maybe the last season's plots could have been handled better, etc.)

It's still worth watching and one of the best anime in terms of writing. LOGH fans just like to shove it in people's faces because its huge pleb filter.

>guys, please. none of this matters its a history documentary lyl
Sorry user, LotGH has issues, and they are plentiful.

A lot of shit in LoGH is dumb, the battles are the worst part of the show.

What makes LoGH so great are the characters and the drama

>b-but they are inspired by r-real world battles
>in one of the first episodes you see julian and yang play 3d chess, battles are 2d

>Every LotGH fan I've encountered has actually been a fucking idiot.
Well that's a given since you likely associate with other plebians of inadequate IQ meaning you probably don't know any LotGH fans or else you simply pretend they are idiots to feel better about your shit taste and low IQ.

Really, honestly, none of it matters. Oh noes, they didn't have enough time and money to make it perfect-- who cares? Being constrained by a low budget does not detract from a project's appeal. In fact, it can even add to that appeal, as seeing creators struggle to actualize their high ambitions within their limited means lends to them the air of an "underdog" striving to overcome its challenges. I forgive them when they fail and applaud them when they succeed.

Being low-budget and imperfect only endears LoGH to me even more, because they achieved so much when they had so little.

Nah it was a good read, nice try though

no it's not

I never watched this series and will now leave this thread.

There are two types of LOTGH fans:
The ones who watch it because they are self conscious about their hobby and don't want to watch "moeshit".
And the ones who watch it because they actually like it.

I'm talking about your fucking post, you idiot.

>The ones who watch it because they are self conscious about their hobby and don't want to watch "moeshit".
So many of these people watch "drama" instead of shit like this. It's sad. There was a guy I went to Japan to study abroad with and years later I'm asking him what anime he likes,
>I don't really watch anime, I only watch drama.
If I wanted to see bad Asian acting, I'd watch a JAV. Holy fuck, just be honest about your fucking hobbies.

It's especially hypocritical since LOGH is so full of moe.

Season 4 is by far the worst.

>Do people just say they like this because they think it makes them appear intelligent?
Nobody does this except teenagers who are naturally dumb and act retarded because their brains haven't quite developed yet.

No, some people actually like this.

I started to watch it because i want to nitpick every single flaw it has just to spite the elitists.
but in the end it became my favourite anime.

It's fantastic! I can assure you that you will go "Lohengramm did nothing wrong" within the hour! Also, its respect for how war is portrayed through the eyes of a historian is really neat if you're into that stuff. All around a great show. Thinking of recommending it to my parents.

>He's going all out!

>characters
But that's the worst part of the show.

Anyone who isn't Reinhard or Yang is forgettable af.

Don't flatter yourself.

>This opinion wouldn't have happened if Kircheis were here.

Wow, this is first time i know someone who doesn't like logh's characters. You're really special user.

All shows have issues. LoGH fandom isn't more cancerous than others. It's an enjoyable show with a rich cast of characters and an interesting story. Really worth watching imho

>yadayadabullshitbullshit
Okay, i'll try to respect that.
>logh fanbase more cancerous
Over the line buddy.

I guess the entire Lain and Texhnolzye fanbase is teenaged, then because they're insufferable about that shit. I love said shows but talking about them is a nightmare because both the people who love them and hate them are more interested in feeling smarter than others than just discussing them normally.

What a bizarre shitpost.

Despite being one of my favorite shows, I could criticize it for hours. Even ignoring redraws and the like, the story itself has problems. Stuff like Kircheis' having major importance to the plot, despite not having much character beyond being Reinhard's lackey (I've yet to see Gaiden). The fact that the whole Republicanism vs. Monarchy conflict feels one-sided, and that there aren't really varying ideologies within these systems besides "corrupt" and "uncorrupt."

Nonetheless, LoGH is a great series because it achieves a sense of scale few other series approach. It really does feel like you're watching an entire world's history unfold with every single episode. And I understand how some people just wouldn't find that appealing.

I like space, classical music, and history/politics. I like LoGH.

Shocking.