Ideon

There are people on this board that unironically think this piece of shit is better than

Other urls found in this thread:

masterwork.animemedia.com/Evangelion/anno.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this masterpiece

Because it is.

Reddit: Evangelion
Contrarian: Ideon
Patrician: Char's Counterattack

Good post

Be Invoked is better than End of Eva

But Eva TV is better than Ideon TV.

Sup Forums: Re:Zero

The series is legit terrible.
There's a few good ideas but the execution is garbage.
Be Invoked was pretty good though.

>muh Messiah
>muh duels
>muh tracking device
So intelligent!

Why does Kosmo have a fucking afro? I don't get it

Can I just watch Be Invoked without watching TV?

No, Be Invoked is a replacement for the last 5 or so episodes. Despite what people say, the TV series is actually good.

Memes aside does Ideon have a mind fuck ending like Evangelion?

Ideon could do great with a remake.

I remember reading somewhere that they blow the whole universe up. How they accomplish that, I do not know for sure. Probably with the power of friendship or something.

Be Invoked is the last 2 episodes remade so they don't look like rushed shit. Just like how EoE is the last 2 planned episodes of Eva and not an asspull to save money and tell us we want to fuck our moms.

Ideon TV is pretty slow, most of the time it's about misunderstanding of the week, but shit gets real from episode 13 and proves entertaining to watch.

Go fuck yourself
Both are fucking awesome.

Not quite a mindfuck - just very apocalyptic and emotional. The whole transcendence to a new plain of existence from everyone dying by the main mecha's power is lifted from Be Invoked.

The universe is not blown up, that's a meme, at least the galaxy is blown up and spirits spread the power of friendship to redo humanity.

>Char's Counterattack

I always found it funny how all the love interests got killed off in that movie. Whoever directed it must've went through a really bad break up during its production.

>this post

It would be kind of cool if a series ended with the universe collapsing. There is only one work of fiction I know of that ended like that, but it's not Sup Forums related. The ending was surprisingly poignant.

I'm an Eva man but I won't fight you on this

even though I enjoyed evangelion and ideon, I can't disagree with this

It's not rare for anime characters to be attractive

Nietszchean ubermensch: VOTOMS

>the Gundam/Ideon comic with Zeon

>Whoever directed it
>he doesn't know the name of the creator of Gundam

gundam sucks.

But OP, Evangelion was inspired by Ideon.

>One of the names proposed by Anno was "Alcion (Arushion)". But a robot story title that doesn't have a voiced consonant sound in it just isn't catching. So I pushed "Evangelion", which had been rejected once, as sounding stronger. We had talked a lot in the beginning about wanting a title like "Space Runaway Ideon (Legendary Giant God Ideon)", so I think I did push that. And to tell the truth, the story composition is also similar. For example, Nerv can be considered the same as the Solo Ship fighting a lonely battle against both humankind and the Buff Clan, and then there are the incomprehensible robots that can only communicate with children and tend to geo berserk, etc. It might not be an exaggeration to say that if you add "Ideon" and "Devilman" together and divide by two, you get "Evangelion". (laugh)

Source: Interview with Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Der Mond)
>On anime creators who inspired him...

>ANNO: Outside of my staff, Mr. Yoshiyuki Tomino. Tomino's Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon are my favorite anime besides Yamato. Hayao Miyazaki, with whom I worked on Nausicaa, animating the scene where the God-Soldier fires, was also a mentor to me.

Source: Excerpts from a roundtable disccussion with Hideaki Anno at the Anime Expo '96 convention. From Animerica vol.4, no.9. Source: masterwork.animemedia.com/Evangelion/anno.html

Akira ends with a new universe being born.

This is the slowest, sloggiest show I have ever liked, and even the stuff I like is largely from the core concept and Be Invoked.

watch out plebs, peak mecha coming through

You are like babies

Watch this

[suffers]

>this piece of shit
Shut the hell up, Evageeks.

Edgy shit.
>>>/mal/

This

>Edgy shit.
Then all series with a bitof drama are ëdgy shit"
Bokurano is good tho if you want lots of mecha action you might want another series.

Is the muh tracking device a real detriment to the series or it's actually frustrating to watch episodes after episode that start from it? I love when something so meaningless shits on the protagonists.

I watched one episode on TV and it was just kids crying on a big spider.

Be Invoked and EoE are both fantastic I think. Both do different things well but I think they're pretty on par with each other. Overall I'd rather watch Eva than Ideon though if we're talking about the shows. Ideon's more repetitive than Eva imo but it's worth watching, especially so you can know what's going on in Be Invoked.

I never had a problem with it. It's not like every episode is centered around them finding and ignoring tracking devices. It's kind of a running gag that pops up every now and again and I think it's funny every time.

I guess that's good then, honestly the idea seems so simple that the frustration and confusion it might give to the protagonists might be super juicy, I love shit like this on sci-fi "persecutions".

They're riding an ancient alien ship they stumbled upon, how can they figure what a random piece of alien tech is for? That's why it's Karala who recognizes the tracking shit.

The first episodes are slow because everyone's shit scared, but after episode 13 everyone starts dying and spamming missiles everywhere.

That makes it better then, I bet they are always mad as fuck that Gile guy finds them.

Be Invoked is basically EoE but without the mindfuck. It's straightforward but still has the same feeling (and is apocalyptic like that other user said) and has a more uplifting ending. I think Be Invoked is actually a lot harsher on everyone involved than EoE.

Kasha is cute.

Kitty is the best girl though.

Good thing Cosmo ends up with both of them

No, she's a slut. But she's the best slut. My favourite girl was Lin and Sheryl is shit.
Also, is Kitty's surname really Kitten? What the fuck.

>not knowing about Tomino names

Job is an actual name though? Or is there a pun I'm missing somewhere inbetween?

Best name right here

I think her first name is Kitten actually. But because in Japanese names are the other way around they say Kitty Kitten. But when talking to her Cosmo always just calls her Kitten.

Well sure but it sounds silly as fuck.

This one is probably better though

>But because in Japanese names are the other way around they say Kitty Kitten.
Not when it's western names. Amuro Ray isn't called Ray Amuro in the original, and his father is named Tim Ray so Amuro is definitely his name.

No for western names they do first name - last name.

I guess that's a point but still, Cosmo always calls her Kitten so I figure that's her first name. Kitty Kitten/Kitten Kitty isn't a western name either though.

I honestly don't remember much besides screams of "Kitty Kitten."

Lord Shot does indeed sound cool. Kitty is nice alone, but Kitten seems like a stretch for a surname. It does sounds cute and silly if I image a nip pronouncing it.

imagine *

Actually when Cosmo says it it sounds more like "Kitschy Kitchen".

Yeah, that's why I feel like it sounds silly, I wasn't sure which character Kitty was given I didn't remember Lotta's name, so I google'd her name, when I read her full name and pictured Cosmo saying it, it sounded really silly in my mind.

>not liking all of them
Pleb alert.

wonderful

Varies by series