GAINAX LIVES

>idol shit
Fuck that.

It's the revenge of Mamika!

>idols
Should have stayed a tomato farm..

And it will sell millions, watch Gainax pull a SHAFT out of fucking nowhere and become anime studio of the year.

Man, this is just depressing.

O! How the mighty have fallen!

That's not life, that's undeath.

What's so mighty about this? Genuine question. There's that shitty pedo miyazaki anime and then there's eva which was also just a harem show.

>genuine question
>that idiocy that follows
Are you literally retarded? Like literally?
Because you would have to be to think that shit.

I don't care if you're baiting. Please kill yourself.

I didn't ask for your opinion. If you're not going to contribute why post?

>le contrarian
Or bandwagoning newfag perhaps.

read >

read and

If you're not going to answer my question. Don't give me your opinion. It's that fucking simple.

Wings of Honneamise was the only good Gainax production. Prove me wrong.

Spec Ops: The Club was pretty good

Get fucked, Sup Forums. They've been /ourguys/ for years now.

Gunbuster had one of the best endings, Daicon IV had great animation, Otaku no Video is pretty fun. Eva had good animation (at times) and all of its cast is memorable.

I love the character designs, I am not sure if the show itself will be decent. All their shows past PS&G were actually good, and I hope that this one will turn out the same.

Ignore him. He's a "mommy, I'm being contrarian again!" shitposter. Posts the same b8 every time.

They already did when they made Dantalian, C3, and Pleiades.

>Fukushima
Will this blow up like Love Live?

That's all that had to be said. If someone can't appreciate those traits in Gainax works, anime is not for them.

>Sup Forums
I don't mind cute girls or even idols, but seeing Gainax reduced to this considering their former glory makes me sad.

You're what's wrong with Sup Forums

With enough obsessive fans, anything is possible. I kind of hope that we get something like WUG myself.

Great, now where is Medaka Box S3?

why make me depressed

You called Nadia a simple pedobait anime and reduced Eva to a fucking harem show. It's not even worth replying to seriously. You're what's wrong with Sup Forums. Get the fuck out.

Here here. It is sad to see so many of these studios fuck everything up.

The stupid Spec Ops shops were the best thing about C3, and I'm not saying that in a backhanded way. They genuinely entertained me.

I'm going through my folder right now, I'm amazed that I can feel nostalgia for a show from like 2012

I hope it goes nuclear. They need a huge bang to get gainax back to the most radiant studio of Japan.

I am so sad that I missed out on most of the threads. C3 was honestly well made, even if the drama was a bit much for some people.

>Nonoriri of 1987
>space monsters killed my father I will get revenge on them
>but I suck
>don't matter with training hardwork and guts with the help of my beloved mentor and friends I can accomplish anything

>Nonoriri 2017
>lol magical plot stick cute girl doing cute things

Maybe there's a reason Gainax never came back.

I still don't get how people would want a k on ripoff instead of actual story and character development. C3 was fucking great. I consider it a better experience than Sabage.

>Gunbuster was 30 years ago
Everyone who worked on this masterpiece is probably all dead.

Fuck off Tattun. Modern Gainax is still leagues better than the parody that Trigger decided to make itself.

You can lie to us, but you can't lie to yourself

Is she in this new show or something faggot? What is this nonoriri 2017 you're talking about
>implying gainax didn't play with subverting its properties all the time
Someone hasn't seen all the gurren lagann shorts that they put out.

Or making shitty godzilla remakes.

I certainly can't.

One of the character's seiyuu doesn't voice act anymore

/k/-on

I just really hate Trigger. They ape the old culture of Gainax while producing nothing on their level other than inferno cop. The LWA ova were nice but EVERYTHING else has either been trying too hard or an adaption.

Shin was easily the best Godzilla movie since the original though.

>They ape the old culture of Gainax
Maybe because it's mostly the same people?

I have to agree with you there. Khara for example is much more in line with being successors to Gainax. Trigger has tried I suppose, but they haven't made very much that isn't mediocre yet.

nobody asked for your opinion. You can continue strawmanning without me.

What is it about?

I know the VA for Noriko is dead otherwise she would have been in Diebuster. Its better this way, she wouldn't have to witness the death of Gainax and the rise of Gainax Jr.

You forgot the latest US made Godzilla movie.

>the latest US made Godzilla movie.
What does that have to do with anything? Was anyone from Gainax involved in that one?

Legendary's Godzilla was fucking garbage.

>Khara for example is much more in line with being successors to Gainax
>the studio that has literally done nothing except rehash Eva
What the fuck? Khara shills are a thing now?

Trigger have a couple of issues.

The first and obvious one is they lack any decent writers considering the longer their series go, the most stupid retarded they became, this is they short series are at least OK but anything that goes beyond a OVA just goes stupid.

The second one is style, I am sorry but they insist of making something that looks like its airing in Cartoon Network, I admit it might go in Japan since its a rather western style but for Western viewers it kinda looks something a western studio come up trying to be Japan.

Issue one is the biggest one, KyoAni at least can just fall back into "adaptation of" since they can do that, Trigger "unique style" simply doesnt work for adaptions unless they are going to adapt some western cartoon and even that I have my doubts.

Pre-Gainax peaked at Daicon IV.
And so did anime as a medium

That's literally irrelevant. A company culture and a few old staff aren't the same things. They need to start looking forward and doing their own thing. Gainax was never sitting around trying to be gainax, it was gainax and it did what appealed to whomever was running a project at the time. Now Trigger is trying to sell that brand. They're trying desperately to replicate Gainax, which isn't how it fucking works. It's like when an new author continues a book series without many notes. They write what they think the author would have written or that people expected. Trick is the author doesn't care about and wants to produce a good story. If they have an idea for a twist they don't think would 'x' author have written it like this, they think, is this a good idea.

I also liked Gainax's recent maho shojou so I don't exactly think they're dead or whatever detractors are harping on. It's not the monolith it was but you don't need to shit on it to make Trigger look good. They should stand on their own entirely separate to the gainax legacy

They made Dragon Dentist which was legitimately creative. They also handle the Japan Animator Expo. Both are much more than I can say for Trigger.

hello grandpa.

Is anyone still at Gainax? Maybe Yamaga? I'd hardly call that living

Trigger has already done generic adaptions. Kyoanus doesn't have a monopoly on mediocrity

Where is her nose?

When did the artstyle switch happen?

Wings of Honneamise is probably the worst of classic Gainax

I unironically believe that KlK was a pretty good complimentary series to TTGL.

good things don't stop being good
unless western fans get to it

Lucky Star

>the year of our lord MMXVII
>noses

I don't. Quite frankly, other than the music, I don't think there's much that's good about KLK. It was hollow hype. Trash story. Meme animation. Just rubbish. Nui (and the tourney) spiced it up for a moment or too but then it just spiralled even further out of hand.

Err Noriko's va ain't dead...

How the shit is Khara at all like classic Gainax? Trigger is shit but there's more Daicon in LWA or Imaishi's stuff than the Rebuilds

Do you even read the stuff you type before hitting submit?
You do have a point about how they don't have any good writers, but style has nothing to do with the ability to adapt things. Kyoani is very in-house, and recently, all their anime have similar faces and lines. But, they also use different color palettes to differentiate between their piles of dog shit. It's not just about their westaboo art.

Trigger's also adapted Inou Battle perfectly fine. It looks fine, there wasn't much of the signature trigger messiness, and it was a raging dumpster fire to no one's surprise. You're way too bothered by this.

>VA for Noriko is dead
>Iimplying

I referred to the Japan Animators Expo. They certainly have more of the old Gainax guys onboard than Trigger.

Nakashima is good. Kill la Kill was shit, sure, but I still think he's good

Why people hating on Gainax? Houkago no Pleiades was great.

What from the expo was in line with classic Gainax, and how?

Apparently liking Gainax is contrarian these days. Its quite a shocker as I quite like some of their shows.

Wait a second, I remember this. It's that haraguro idol.
This was by Gainax?

It's not that Pleiades is good or bad, it's that Gainax was once legendary and now they're dead, with a bunch of shitty successors. Pleiades is a Gainax show in name only.

I said that they are in line with being successors of Gainax in that they make decent anime, unlike Trigger.

Styles change I suppose. I would hope that The Zero Century comes out decent at least.

>idol shit
Wow. Fucking late to the party, eh Gainax?

>>the studio that has literally done nothing except rehash TTGL
What the fuck? Trigger shills are a thing now?

>eva

>harem

And another useless reply.

Looks better than Gurren Lagann already

Director - Anno (not dead)
Script - Hiroyuki Yamaga (still at Gainax) Hideaki Anno (definitely not dead) Toshio Okada (Otaking)
Storyboarders - Shinji Higuchi (Shin Godzilla with Anno), Hideaki Anno (not dead)
Episode Directors - Shoichi Masuo (Dead July this year)
Animation Directors - Toshiyuki Kubooka (not dead worked on Bahamut and The Silver Guardian this year), Yuji Moriyama (worked on Classroom of the Elite this year), Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (not dead)

Ep1 Key Animation:
Hiroaki Goda (worked on re:creators)
Tanzawa Manabu (last thing I can see him credited on is Maria Holic Alive)
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (not dead)
Mahiro Maeda (had three Animator Expo credits and worked on Shingeki no Bahamut)
Hirata Tomohiro (World Break, Haikyuu) Hidenori Matsubara (Chief AD, Character Designer on In this corner of the world, Animation Director Yamato 2199)
Keisuke Fukuda, Seiji Nishimoto, Haruo Kamata (appears to have left industry in the early 90s or been working under pseudonym)

I would say there is good chance most people who worked on it aren't dead considering I could only find one I could confirm was dead.

out

yeah
this is why i love anime.
looks moe and shit.

Yeah, most of them are like in their mid/late 50s to 60s.

I know, it's fucking fantastic.

That's also debatable, only good Khara were like a tiny handful of expo shorts, one of the best being a Trigger co-production.

It doesn't have to, even sore ga seiyuu made enough money to bring gonzo back from the dead.

you get what you give

And another off-topic reply.

>no you
>it's okay to be offtopic/shitpost because I say you were
None of these things.