Do you think Near would have been able to catch Kira without all the prep work L put into the case?

Do you think Near would have been able to catch Kira without all the prep work L put into the case?

Near sucks dicks. Laziest fucking character. Just change Ls hair color originality and move up one letter.

Would be interesting to find out he's a high functioning autist or something

01No. Near is the closest to L they could get and even then he is too passive, he wouldn't be shit without Mello who also got pretty close by himself.

>catch Kira without all the prep work L put into the case?
Isn't that what happened in the manga?

What do you mean?

Yeah thats true, at least Near admits that its because of Mello and not him he won

without complete information? yeah
but he could figure it out by relate himself to L and observing Kira vs L's aftermath
so its not complete zero start like L do,
also

Near knew about notebooks (in plural) from the beginning. So no.

>Tfw you realize L was playing 4d chess all along and using Light to find out shit like the second kira etc. because he already knew he was the first from day 1

>shit like the second kira
Light really made it obvious that he came in contact with the 2nd Kira. Why? He should've pretended he killed her.

Near > L

Or just killed her outright. A lot of the stuff L learned about the notebook came from Misa and her idiocy.

Probably not, but I don't think that could be chalked up to lack of skill or anything. Simple fact is that Light was a lot less careful when he first started out, and ended up making mistakes/decisions that revealed more about himself and the notebook than he meant to.

He couldn't do that because of Rem.

Both L and Near knew that Light was Kira almost immediately after making contact, or at least highly suspected it, only problem is that they're both the types that needed to be able to prove it otherwise it didn't count.

How's the love action drama series?

He'd probably have been able to single out Kira and suspect Light, but I doubt he'd have gotten into the situation L did. At the time of L's death he was basically about to win or die. He knew that either his rule test would reveal Light as Kira or Light would kill him before it could happen (hence the rooftop insult).
Mello is meant to be reckless and Near is meant to be methodical. Together they're both able to match L. One on one, Near probably wouldn't have done something like L's face to face gamble or the Lind L Tailor stunt. I think Light would've made short work of Near on his own.

because Misa made it pretty clear she knew who Kira was in one video before Light got to meet her, therefore no matter what had happened, it wasn't crazy to assume they actually met each other. If Kira sends a real video (something that would've been suspicious on itself) saying he killed the second Kira, it would've been too obvious to deduce they got to meet. It wasn't wrong to assume the second Kira wouldn't have killed the first one because he was a fan, the first one wouldn't be able because he doesn't have a name and at the time no one knew how stupid Misa was, no reason to assume she would just give her name away. So in the end, no matter what Light had done, there was no way to throwaway the suspicion that both Kiras were working together.

Is also worth noting that Light would have defeated Near at the end if it wasn't for Mello.
That guy did some pretty bold and somewhat stupid moves but he got way more valuable info on Kira than Near with his metods.

Pretty much, that was the point after all, Mello was the one who would take big risks and Near was the one who was able to methodically deduce the right answers, either one would have failed on their own but together they basically equal/surpass L in terms of ability.

Of course not.
Near himself says this

Well the real big info that Mello helped with (Mikami going to the bank to write Kiyomi's name in the book), he didn't even mean to which is kinda funny

Didn't he? He made a big deal about kidnapping Takada to get attention from Kira or at least in general to throw their plans into disarray by doing something unexpected, right?

>but together they basically equal/surpass L in terms of ability.

Kinda wrong considering it took one dying to do the job. I mean there's only one L so he can't pull that shit.

I guess, but IIRC Mello had no idea about Mikami or a proxy kira

Well I imagine that if Near/Mello had the full potential of normal L he probably would have just gotten someone from his team to go and kidnap Takada.

Only would have had a slight chance if he somehow convinced Mellow to work with him for an extended period of time. Otherwise he never would have outsmarted Light. L was far superior to them and Light still won in the end. Starting from scratch it would have taken them working together for a REALLY long time just to catch up to the trail L was on. That is my 2 cents.

He also gave Near the false rule info, that made Light look suspicious on the eyes of his team.

Near had already knew he won the battle against Light in the warehouse before even mentioning switching books. He has a tendency to smile when he gets something correct and right when he takes off the mask he smiles because he can see Ryuk thus Kira being Light.