Did anyone honestly think he would be gone for good?

Did anyone honestly think he would be gone for good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jptBtxOMdzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I did

well they had just finished killing jiraya and a good number of popular characters just before it happened to it was entirely possible at that point

I was mad when Kakashi died because he was my favorite character. People like to shit on Kishi for Pain reviving everyone but I loved him for it because it brought Kakashi back.

i was hoping all the people who died there would be permanently dead to actually make something worthwhile happen, but it's naruto so no such luck

Is Kakashi gay?

He has no signs of marrying and his lovelife is zero

He's also 30+ and childless

Exactly even before I knew, I knew there was no way the second most popular character in the series would stay dead. They would have wrote themselves into a corner at that point and this observation came when I was really into the series. It was just common sense.

I fell for it.

I'm still pissed they killed off a bunch of characters and ass-pulled everyone back to life.

Fucking Kishi.

is it sad that kakashi never really got a powerup like everyone else

Please don't say such things about him being childless or without a date.
Some people are not attractive enough for such things.

> (OP)
>is it sad that kakashi never really got a powerup like everyone else
>literally got perfect susanoo
even though it was taken away it was still a powerup

Kakashi and the Water Kage chick have a history, it just never came up in the manga or the anime or anything.

I'm telling you bro, during the war they had a fucking history. Some Romeo / Juliet shit.

It didn't end well though. She's still waiting for him.

Yeah, he's probably Gay.

Aren't you redirecting your anger from watching this steaming pile of shit?

Kakashi should have stayed dead, Itachi should have never comeback in anyway, Rock Lee should have stayed broken to teach the lesson that being obsessed can be dangerous, Karin should have died after being attacked by Sasuke, etc...

Pre-Timeskip Naruto was legit.

He reads those pervy novels though right? Also the man had a girl but she died.

This.

You probably didn't know who Tobi was didn't you?

He a thing with that purple-haired Anbu chick, didn't he?

and way before that, mangekyou sharingan, to a lesser extent the chakra cloak everyone got in the war that let him spam kamui

like he never hit super dumb unkillable tier on a permanent basis but he could literally warp space and time which is a far cry from water dragons and jedi mind tricks

What is the best arc in Naruto?

The flashbacks during the war show him to not be gay, just that he cares a lot more about being a ninja than romantic relationships.

i liked sasuke retrieval and the pain arc. pain might edge it out when i think about it, but the volume where neji fought kidomaru was the first tankoubon i ever bought so it's got extra nostalgic value for me

Why would you be mad considering how cool he died? It's like being mad that Kisame died given his death was probably the best one in the series.

Didn't end well for the first girl he penetrated.

He should have just not killed Kakashi then.

You should expecf as much since Kishi pulled off the unnecessary and avoidable Great Snake Escapeā„¢

It's hard to say just one, but there was a time early/mid-Shippuuden that I particularly liked. It started with the Rasenshuriken training arc and ended with the Invasion of Pain arc.

Just think of all the shit that happened in between there. All the power levels weren't stupidly high yet either. Asuma died, Shikamaru got his revenge, and despite being a side character he single handedly took down a very strong Akatsuki member, Naruto learned Rasenshuriken and finally becomes less of a joke as a character, Sasuke and Itachi finally battle it out and the truth behind Itachi is revealed, Jiraiya fights Pain and dies in one of the series' probably best death scenes, Naruto goes off to learn Sage Mode, the invasion starts, Naruto meets his dad and finds out he was the 4th hokage, Naruto defeats Pain and is finally acknowledged as the hero he aspired to be.

That time was just fucking solid and executed everything the series had been building up for since part 1 pretty much all at once. It really was the peak of Naruto as a series and I can look back at it with fond memories.

Based 9982

>That time was just fucking solid and executed everything the series had been building up for since part 1 pretty much all at once. It really was the peak of Naruto as a series and I can look back at it with fond memories.
This. Those are my fondest memories of Naruto, with the Storm 2 game which was great and emotional too. The universe was really gripping at the time.

O MY PLOT HUGE FUCKING SUMMONING SNAKE

>Naruto goes off to learn Sage Mode, the invasion starts, Naruto meets his dad and finds out he was the 4th hokage, Naruto defeats Pain and is finally acknowledged as the hero he aspired to be.
While I can agree with you that mid-shippuden was quite decent, that part dragged out really badly, and I'm not even talking about anime, manga itself was dragged to hell, especially in the scenes that were supposed to hype up some secret that anyone who wasn't brain-dead have figured out long ago. First Jiraya's fight with Pain was awfully wordy and wasted lots of space on him and frogs trying to figure out already obvious nature of Pain. Then they wasted several chapters worth of panels on characters going around wondering what Jiraya's message about Pain meant, when it was so painfully obvious to anyone reading. Same with Minato reveal, I'm pretty sure every single person reading Naruto realized Minato was his father back in the very first chapter, yet Kishimoto still tried to treat it like a sudden twist with a long buildup scenes.

Absolutely not, that girl was in love with someone else.

Gekko Hayate, the guy that died during chuunin exam arc.

you cheeky sonuvabitch

The Minato twist was a plothole but it was foreshadowed subtly enough for it not to feel dumb or like a retcon

And yeah Pain's secret wasn't big enough to justify all these speeches (in the end it only matters when Naruto grabs one of the sticks to find him), but this whole part was still great. Jiraiya's death and Naruto taking after him was genuinely good and one of the only times Kishimoto successfully portrayed people having emotions that didn't feel forced or autistic. It just felt natural

>instead let's kill neji and a few other side characters and nuke the ninja HQ, but don't worry about the hundreds of thousands of deaths at Madara's and Obito's hands, Obito was the coolest guy

kek

The only thing I hated anout this part of manga is that Jiraya was retconned to be Pain's teacher. That was stupid and came out of nowhere.

How is that a retcon?

I actually was almost surprised Minato was Naruto's dad mainly because I thought it was a red herring. It was so obvious yet they acted like it wasn't so I over-estimated them.

Were you surprised that Obito=Tobi all along? Legit question. I can kinda remember some people vehemently denies the possibility. Must be quite the scene when that mask shattered

Why not? He's a mentor. Mentors die. That's what they do.

Not him but I was surprised because it was way too obvious to be true except it was. The war was really bad but it was the point where it became utterly unsalvageable. When Kakashi said Obito's name, I still hoped it was somebody else with an actual interesting background taking his body for real motives and not MUH RIN

It as much as retcon as Jiraya being Naruto's godfather. It wasn't brought up until it mattered.

Kakashi is attractive though. youtube.com/watch?v=jptBtxOMdzA

Either he's shy, asexual, doesn't care, or Kishimoto just didn't want to give him a love interest because the most popular Naruto yaoi ship is Kakashi/Iruka. It's worth noting Iruka gets the exact same treatment from Kishimoto.

Jiraiya and Minato being so close to Naruto felt like a retcon because it would have been brought up earlier in the story (the little hints at Minato being the father don't entirely make up for it).

There was no reason for the story to tell us about Jiraiya's relationship with 3 random kids from another country. Plus the reader can safely expect him to have formed people and done a lot ot things in his long life.

I think his character reasoning is that he doesn't feel like he deserves it. He always kept saying that he's a worthless person because he let Obito and Rin die, so after losing them, and then losing Obito for the second time he has too low self-esteem to try and pursue marriage.

This, pretty sure that's it.

You would think something as important as a student with a fucking rinnegan would emerge at one point in the story, but it never did. Hence there's no reason to belive it was planned from the start, or even from the Akatsuki inception(which also frankly speaking wasn't something Kishimoto came up with from the very start).

The Rinnegan might have been too important to not bring up earlier, but not the students.

Chuunin exam

I don't know one would thing that it's important in a story about constant parallels with previous generations. Also the whole chosen one aspect of the story steams from that chosen one being a Jiraya student.

Kakashi's generation are full of single childless people with the exception of Kurenai and Asuma.