Did computers ruin anime?

Did computers ruin anime?

Nigga you wouldn't have anime without computers.

ha ha so truuuu lmao! xD

mayb thats why dBS animations than dbz!!

no , if no computers then you would have 4 animes each season

I'm pretty sure you would

Would you rather have 7 minute anime shorts?

That doesn't sound too bad.

Some of the greatest anime ever made are OVAs and movies.

>digital inking and composition
no
>3dcg
not yet but it might

>Every fan of modern shit anime

If there's one thing that ruined animation it's xerography.

I'd rather that than 20 flash animations and video game cutscenes.

literally 90% of Sup Forums is composed by le ironic weebs

>ITT: Sakugafags

I wish it were like this. I'd rather 4 mediocre at best anime then the 30 or so completely unwatchable garbage we get now.

It's actually better than ever.

Many things ruined anime, computers included

I hate that thing they do in anime these days where the build a 3d environment that spins around 2 characters fighting at 24fps, but the characters themselves' animation will shift from 12fps or 8fps. The spinning gives the illusion of fluidity and the lag gives the illusion of impact.

If you don't knwo what I'm talking about next time you watch a fight scene, go frame-by-frame and you'll see

Webgen is so horrible. Never seen a webgen animator who understands anything about movement. There's good modern animation of course, but it's not webgen.

>blatantly reducing the detail because it's twooo hwarrd to draw

yeeeeeeee cuh u tell that whiteboy yo

No, it's the producers making cheap and stupid stuff that sells better.
If not for 1991 crisis, the quality decline would take more time than it was.

Computers is what enabled these producers. Now they can just take keyframes from the source material and simulate motion with computer animation. That stuff couldn't/wouldn't fly back when each cel was unique.
It's exactly why we're currently in a hentai anime dark ages too.

What is wrong with VideoLAN? Media Play Classic sucks dick at rescaling.

>le X ruined anime
>though I still come to the worst anime forum on the internet to talk shit and still watch japanese cartoons

As opposed to forgoing motion at all? Stuff like CG and flash or other animation tools are horrific, but anime has been cheaply produced since 1963.

>le
Nihilistic cuck.

>LE KEK XD
>LE NIHILISTIC (WORD THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE MEANING MYSELF) XD

Cels did the same shit. Anime was best when each frame was drawn as a whole instead of being composed with cells.

>Computers is what enabled these producers.
Producers are enabled by the company owners. It's the natural course of things - making stuff cheaper to produce and selling like hot cakes.

Things definitely took a dip with what the likes of speed racer and astro boy wrought. The 60s and 70s produced a lot of cheap crap. The 80s had a jump in quality though.
Something like Magic Boy (1959) can't even compare to something like Akira (1989)

(You)

Can you imagine Akira existing without computers?

Nice meme, but you're wrong.

Whatever would we have done without this scene?

So fucking lazy. See how sometimes their limbs just become squiggles because the artist couldn't figure out how to do the movements it required to transition scenes?

I remember when I had a discussion about computer graphics in anime and posted the very first use of CGI in anime. Funny thing is that modern anime haven't gone too far from 1983 Golgo 13 OVA.

No, cheap studios and producers ruined anime.

Does that mean anime had CGI before Disney? Because the first CGI in Disney was a sphere of light in Black Cauldron (1985).

How would you watch anime without computers?

that is why you use madvr and NGU anti aliasing with adaptive sharpening + MPC-hc

I'm posting via VHS rn.

Yes.

How did they fall so far behind? Disney switched to digital animation in 88/90 and anime companies should have done the same while the bubble was in full swing.

During 1980s it was more of an experiment.
For example, CGI never have been used in TV series until 1990s, as far as I know.
Major franchises got into CGI only by the end of 1980s (Char's Counterattack is the first CGI-using Gundam).

ZZ has CGI in its first episode.

Really? I don't remember that.

didn't people use to have some other thing to watch their shit on? called a radio or something like that

Normie here, what's wrong about using Crunchy?

TWOYEARS
W
O
Y
E
A
R
S

Webgen is absolute shit, fuck off sakugafag.

In all fairness very little can compare with Akira. Stuff from that era (Hakujaden, Alakazam, Orochi) can still look fantastic. But that's cause of folks like Mori and Otsuka who predated the more lax standards of TV anime.

Lurk for 2 years before posting.