Zeta Gundam

Is it really as bad as /m/ says it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/m/statistics/image-reposts/
yaraon-blog.com/archives/103002
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's actually an ironic shitpost.

Zeta is one of the best mecha series ever made, whereas G-Recko is one of the worst mecha shows ever made.

All by the same director, too.

No. G-Reco is also not bad. Don't listen to

No, but year after year of having to deal with obnoxious zetafags might have turned them like that.

>G-Reco
>Not the "Star Wars: A Phantom Menace" of the Gundam franchise.

Oh for fucks sake let the show go. It had amazing mech design, character, design was great, animation was outstanding, and the world setup was cool.

What it lacked was a coherent story, or good writing, and therefore it's a bad show.

Zeta is coherent AND a great show (past episode 5).

>the "Star Wars: A Phantom Menace" of the Gundam franchise.
That's Turn A

Maybe you're just too dumb to follow.

But Turn-A was actually good, unlike G-Reco.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the show was just bad.

Welp. You really are dumb then. G-Reco was already simple as fuck.

As OP can hopefully tell, there is a disinfo campaign about to discredit Zeta (one of the best in the Gundam franchise) because people are still salty about G-Reco being called shit (it is).

Wrong. Turn A is widely considered to be a low point in the series and flopped massively in Japan.

ZZ is even better, but make sure to watch 0083 before doing so. Zeta is 3rd best after ZZ and IBO

>Simple
>Not just a retarded clusterfuck

Maybe you're simply retarded. The story was absolute dogshit. If maybe you read more than 5 books in your entire life, you'd know that.

It however receives critical acclaim post-release.

The same will not be said of G-Reco.

/m/ sucks Zeta's dick all the time though.

Zeta is really good but it really goes off the rails in the last say 13 episodes or so. First they waste time in that meaningless Rosamy "arc" that adds absolutely nothing to both the story and the character development and when it's time to wrap it up they only have a few episodes left so a lot of important parts either get rushed or simply glossed over completely.

Zeta is fucking trash. I watched it after old films, OVAs and the original 1979 anime and it was like taking a shit shower.

ZZ is a bit better but still boring garbage. Nadesico is how you do comedy mecha anime.

>taking the bait version of the chart seriously

>>Not the "Star Wars: A Phantom Menace" of the Gundam franchise.
That's The Origin.

Zeta is literally
>oh no the cyber-newtype shat themselves
over and over

The only good bits were Amuro returning.

Zeta starts good but then it gets boring and silly

Zeta Gundam is really good. One of my favourite entries in the franchise along with 0079, Turn A and War in the Pocket.

>ZZ is a bit better

To be fair that was just Four's whole story but after she dies they do the same thing with Rosamy again and it's just silly.

post bait chart

I don't mean technically, I mean figuratively.

I guess I have to explain it out:

Star Wars the Phantom Menace was an incoherent mess of a movie. It was written and directed by the same man who made the original, good Star Wars films. G-Reco is an incoherent mess of a show. It was written and mostly directed by the same man who made the original and good Gundam shows.

Both of these men created something not worth a shit once they reached the age of 70+.

I did not mean they were similar in concept of being prequels, like you suggested, but I understand your confusion.

There is nothing bait about this. Turn A was a flop that nearly killed Gundam

I only have an outdated version of the original one. My guess is that people were upset that someone put Turn A as "one of the best in the franchise" in this chart so intead of removing that they simply reversed the shitposting. Also they edited G-reco's part to make it seems like people actually think it's good.

Refer to this.

This is the real guide OP. Don't use

I liked Zeta, G-Reco and Turn A.

>commercial success is somehow relevant towards the quality of a series

Also, even if you're talking about commercial success the real flop was X who got Gundam demoted to a dogshit timeslot, the fact that Turn A did even marginally better than X was already a surprisingly good thing.

Yep this pretty much sums up /m/.

I liked dreadlocks Gundam too.

Not him but, ZZ at least has relatable characters which contrasts quite heavily against Zeta's autistic cast.

I literally did not give a shit about anyone in Zeta except for Emma.

what are you implying?
I "watched" Zeta literally on fast rewind
Then i watched 1 episode of ZZ per day but lot interest pretty fast
Didn't have any problems with watching Gundam before except that horrible 3D series

>except for Emma
Unimaginably shit taste, apply yourself.

>Zeta's autistic cast.
apparently you have no clue what your buzzword means

>watched Zeta on fast rewind

Emma was the island of sanity in the sea of autism that was the Argama.

Emma is a shitty person and I'm glad he died
The only people worth a damn in Zeta are Bright and Fa

>Emma is a shitty person and I'm glad he died
literally fight me, you fellow of bad taste

You're getting Z and ZZ mixed up there.

I thought your kind was extinct because not a lot of people can be that stupid to actually like Emma
Fa is the only good girl in Zeta
You have to go back

>immedately turns into a G-Reco bait thread
I should have expected this.

>an incoherent mess of a movie
It's not though. It's generally more straightforward than originals, but it had it's meme negotiations, over-the-top action, awful comic relief, and insufferably cheesy romance. Kinda like The Origin.

What G-reco doesn't have is overdone dramatic deliveries to make sure you're paying attention to the exposition or a bunch of needless repetitions every episode. Even so, almost everything that is said could be easily interpreted elsewhere from context clues. The cast all have distinct voices, personalities, and motivations and the main characters change from their experiences. If you think the story is incoherent or the dialogue is bad before episode 26, that's on you.

>Greco fags have successfully meme'd themselves into the "if you don't like you just don't get it" hole
Wow guys, didn't think you faggots were that far gone

/m/ thinks G-Reco is good. They have dog shit taste.

>But Turn-A was actually good, unlike G-Reco.
This statement is reversed.
Only by english patricians.
>being under the delusion that was bait
Go back to Mecha Talk.
>Star Wars the Phantom Menace was an incoherent mess of a movie.
Incorrect, it was well made.
Lets be mildly fair to G-Reco haters, ANN skewed news related to it just to ft their narrative.

The complaints are literally, "I don't get it." One could also go at length about it's representation of context and reality or mention those interviews that get brought up from time to time, but retards who don't understand theming will just go, "durr, you're reaching," and justify their stupidity with ignorance and laziness.

When one assumes what 'bad' pacing is, they disregard that such a thing is entirely subjective and fail to explain what makes them dislike the pacing in such a way that demonstrates that they weren't just staring at their phones while the show ran like mouthbreathers.

this is the correct gundam chart, all others are made by trolls and/or patricians.

I'm sorry that more adult characters who aren't off the wall "sugoi desu ne" anime archtypes aren't your thing, but that doesn't make your opinion on Zeta valid.

Zeta should win an award for the most autistic cast ever.

>liking War in the Shit but not MS IGLOO

Puru is so fucking sexy

And they're fucking wrong!
Until SEED and Destiny saved it. They think western fans have a hateboner for Cosmic Era stuff.

IGLOO is the best.

>adult characters who aren't off the wall
Did we watch the same Zeta?

/m/ loves zeta what are you on about

Zeta is good but don't let people meme you in not watching ZZ.
ZZ is amazing

I'm disappointed how Igloo 2 turned out. Episode 3 should have been Infinite Fly Manta Works at Odessa instead of more GM and Guncannon retcons.
Plus we never got more episodes.

desuarchive.org/m/statistics/image-reposts/

Emary didn't deserve it.

The best scenes with Puru were the Africa arc where she starts sitting half-naked on top of Judau in the cockpit.

Remember that time one of /m/'s strawpolls made a yaraon article?

yaraon-blog.com/archives/103002

>want to watch gundam
>overwhelmed by all the X IS SHIT JUST WATCH Y INSTEAD, X SERIES IS SHIT WATCH THE MOVIE INSTEAD!!!

Fucking kill me. Why can't we just have gundam build fighters: 2

Just do the UC timeline
0079 -> Zeta -> ZZ -> CCA ->F91 -> Victory

and then watch any of the AU that you fancy.

>Greco fags STILL so butthurt about nobody liking their shit show they still cling to the ANN boogeyman
Also please explain to me how an user vote is skewed news?

1. ANN folks are sheeple.
2. They skewed translations in an interview to make it worse than it was.
3. It was praised in Japan, they only mentioned one guy that did not like it.

But it's not just ANN literally nobody except some autists on /m/ liked that shitshow, and apparently Japan liked it so damn much that Tomino seems to be struggling to get a single movie of it made.

>After War X is the best
>got cancelled

i dont understand

Anime News Network has a bully on their moderator staff, not hard for a right wing site to skew polls. Just saying, no left wing site encourages this kind of behavior.

He struggled to get Zeta movies made despite it being the most popular

What is the difference between a green x and a red check?

We all agree both SEEDS are the worst right?

Incorrect, it was shortened.
Asian fans liked it, you're deluding yourself into thinking only English speaking fans matter.

Holy shit the fucking autism levels on that picture. Who the fuck cares about any of that? It has nothing to do with any sort of "community", Greco has low ratings everywhere.

>0080
>G-Saviour
>IBO
>Try
>SD Scramble
>SD Marks 1-5
>SD Counterattack
>Brave Battle Warriors
>Asemu's arc in Age
>First Impression
>Gundam-san

Not even the worst when it came out, CE shows are middle tier at worst.

>Holy shit the fucking autism levels on that picture
All zero of it, Fox Friend.
>Greco has low ratings everywhere.
Please do give us a citation to your fake news.

Gundam-san is hilarious and you are stupid for including that or BBB.

>Throwing 0080 in like no one would see it.
Fuck off tasteless hack.

Can you prove the opposite? Is there a single website that allows fans to rate a show where this one is rated above a 6/10 average?

BBB took itself too seriously and had too much pointless gibbering, lets be fucking honest.

I'd argue you can stop after CCA, it's the end of the original storyline for all intents and purposes.

No, War in The Pocket was mediocrity incarnate, it was a glorified spy anime with gundam slapped onto the title for market value.
You prove your position first. f it's "everywhere" clearly you can post at least six different websites critically grilling it.

I'm saying BBB is dogshit and a walking meme and shouldn't be included.

>got into gunpla before the anime (had previously seen G as a kid and BF/BF:T as an adult)
>absolutely love building them
>find F91 MG, adore it
>it's anime is just a movie

Man that mod needs to be put on a leash, that s pure power drinking.

>glorified spy anime

Personally, I'd like to know what happened to Sup Forums for people to take MAL or ANN ratings seriously.

ann, mal, anidb, imdb and anime-planet out of the website I've seen with largest userbase, it's also rated lowly by users on every other small site I've seen, not to mention just about every single article that comes up about greco has negative connotations. This show is the very definition of universally panned.

>everyone is stupid except me! only my taste matters!

>reads the comments in google translate
Hoo hoo boy, that's funny!
Prove it.

Wow, only english speaking sites AND you can't even count to six!
Man that OVA sucked.

>it's anime is just a movie
You say that like it's a bad thing, it's probably the best looking thing to come out of the Gundam franchise.

For all the faults it has with pacing, it does at least avoid the weekly toy fight shit that might have otherwise blighted it as a TV series. It's just a shame it's a single standalone movie and that Crossbone is a poor excuse for a sequel.

I'm not your personal google faggot.

>Grecofag hates 0080
All I need to know, people with terminally shit taste simply cannot be reasoned with

>he still can't prove his position
Good to know you can't admit defeat, troll.

I don't even care for G-Reco, 0080 had major fucking problems with audio and slow as shit pacing. Kindly return to Anime Suki to masturbate to your sheeple logic.

>0080 had major fucking problems with audio and slow as shit pacing.
This so fucking much.

I could like G-Reco if it wasn't for the truly garbage ending